3/13 Instance: Normality for a Price

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

[Meggan] Having calmed down.... sort of after her conversation with Remy and having visited Annie and receiving a lecture about the cuts on her hands, Meggan marched onto Xavier's office.

[Meggan] She knocked on the door and waited.

[Dr.Xavier] "Come in Ms. Jones," Xavier said, keeping his eyes on his paperwork.

[Dr.Xavier] There was more paperwork for these kids than anything else. And it had to be kept meticulously, lest they ever face a lawsuit. He prayed that never happened. Maybe he should focus more on parentless mutants.

[Meggan] Meggan stepped into the office and closed the door behind her, even though she hoped it would onlt be a quick visit. "Good Evening, Professor. I've come to ask for my empathy back..."

[Dr.Xavier] He put his pen down, pulling his reading glasses off. "We haven't yet gotten the time to build your shields, Meggan. That was part of our agreement, yes?"

[Meggan] Meggan sighed and sat down, she figured she'd be here a while now. "I know but.... I don't think my powers are broken anymore.... think I figured out what was wrong..."

[Dr.Xavier] "You did? Would you care to share?" he asked, sitting back in his chair.

[Meggan] "Well... you said the shielding was so I couold feel my own feeling right? And I did.... and..." she blushed, "Well... turns out I was in love..." she smiled slightly, "And I was confused about it til this morning but now I'm not..."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled. "Well, love can cause all sorts of problems, can't it?" he chuckled a bit.

[Dr.Xavier] "I'm very happy to hear you've discovered this.....however, I still think it's quite imperative that we work on your shielding. You figured out the problem this time, and thats wonderful. But if you don't work on the means to fix this yourself, these issues will only resurface."

[Dr.Xavier] "We all go through all sorts of emotions every day. Some stronger than others," he sighed. "My point is, Meggan. You've fixed it this time, but what about next time? What if I'm not here? Because I can assure you, there will be a next time."

[Meggan] "I know... and I completely understand. I promise to work really really hard on my shielding but I can't go through my life without my empathy... the world doesn't feel right." She looked out the window,

[Meggan] "I went for a walk earlier.... walks always make me feel better.... well, not anymore. It's nor right when you can feel anything from the trees and the grass and the animals you know are there. I keep bumping into people because I can't sense them coming. I don't like it."

[Meggan] "I'm sorry that it looks like I'm giving up. I'm not, if anything, I understand now why shielding is important. I just... I can't do it this way. So I'm not leaving until I have my empathy back."

[Dr.Xavier] He sighed. He knew the girl was determined...and she was old enough to make her own decisions. She was an adult, all his students were. They had a right to decide the path they traveled.

[Dr.Xavier] However, he knew he held the better hand here. And while he didn't agree with her decision, while he didn't think it was in her best interest, he'd give her what she wanted. But not before getting what he wanted.

[Dr.Xavier] "I will make you a deal."

[Dr.Xavier] "I will give you back your empathy. However, I want to meet with you daily for shielding lessons until you prove to have a firm grasp on it. I want you to practise you're shielding with other students as well."

[Dr.Xavier] "And I'd like to hear from them on how you are doing. We will start with daily lessons, and once you've proven well at that, we can meet less frequently."

[Dr.Xavier] "What do you think?"

[Meggan] "um... ok..." well she was getting it back, at least.... "I've been practising with other students on and off myself... but I was worried I'd just get used to blocking them out and then have the same problems with someone else... I don't really know how it works..."

[Dr.Xavier] "Well, this is how you are going to learn how it works. It's your power, afterall. You should be the expert."

[Dr.Xavier] "Alright, I will remove my shield. However, I expect to see you here tomorrow promptly at noon for our first lesson. If I don't the shield will be replaced."

[Meggan] Meggan nodded, "Ok, Professor, that seems fair enough..." she sighed, "I'm not giving up, I promise. I just can't get used to being without my empathy. Aparently I rely on it far more than I realise..."

[Dr.Xavier] "That's fine. And it's important that you have come to that conclusion." He reached out into her head, undoing what he had done their previous meeting. "You should feel...something." he wasn't sure what.

[Meggan] Meggan sighed with relief as the feeling of outside hit her first followed shortly afterwards with the presences of the students and staff. "Much better," she said, "Feels... normal."

[Dr.Xavier] He chuckled. "I suppose that's one way of putting it."

[Dr.Xavier] "So then. Noon tomorrow?"

[Meggan] Meggan nodded and got to her feet. "Thank you, Professor. And um... if I'm a bit late, don't be mad - I get distracted sometimes..."

[Meggan] She made her way to the door, "And I'll be the best student ever," she smiled, "I promise to work really hard."

[Dr.Xavier] "Distraction is what I worry about. I think you should make it a point to be on time. Take it as part of your lesson."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled. "I know you will. I have faith in you Meggan. I will see you tomorrow."

[Meggan] Meggan smiled and closed the door, waving goodbye. She shifted into her cat form and ran to Alex's room to leave him a note... she really had to tell him but since he seemed to be avoiding her she hoped writing 'important' would get him there.

[Meggan] But the world felt normal again. No more bumping into people, hopefully. She really hoped she made it to her lesson on time tomorrow too...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Go Xavier! Just don’t nod off during the lessons. :shifty