3/15 Instance: Life isn't Fair

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

[Ali] Ali held the phone to her ear, stumbling down the steps, listening to it ring.

[Ali] Coming to the bottom, she took a sip out of her bottle of Bombay Sapphire. This was disgusting. She needed a cup, but couldn't be bothered.

[Ali] "You've reached the voicemail of-" Ali rolled her eyes at that, waiting for the beep. "Hi, this is Alysun Blaire, you may remember me from those fucking checks you cash with my name on it. What the FUCK am I paying you for if you can't even return a FUCKING phone call!!"

[Ali] "So listen, call me back or I'll be looking for management elsewhere you fucking cunt. Bye!" She flipped her phone shut angrily, squeezing it in her hand. "FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" She screamed at it, hurling it at the opposite wall as she entered the rec room, a trail of light following it

[Ali] before it smashed against the wall, breaking into pieces.

[Northstar] * Northstar looked up from the book he was reading on the couch, raising an eyebrow archly. "Go through a lot of phones that way, mademoiselle?"

[Ali] She glared at him. "Eat me, frenchy," before collapsing into an arm chair, taking another swig. Jesus, she needed something to mix with the gin. Was she really THIS classless?

[Northstar] "I think not," Jean-Paul retorted, returning to his book, "Seeing as you're female. And not exactly the pinnacle of good company."

[Ali] Oh. A fag. She was about to leave but.....she felt like company wouldn't be the worst thing now. She leaned toward him. "You have no idea what I can do."

[Northstar] * Northstar rolled his eyes behind the book's cover. "You have no idea how little I care."

[Ali] She narrowed her eyes, before standing up to move to the kitchen, grabbing a glass, on a second though a second one, and some tonic water. No limes. What fucking country were they in?

[Ali] She returned to the rec room, mixing herself a drink. "What happened to your pretty face?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul scowled darkly. "Another femme decided to get a little catty. I'm used to it."

[Northstar] He cursed inwardly. Of all the places she could have scratched... and it still hurt like hell. It better damn well not scar, or he was going to be one pissed-off Quebecois.

[Ali] Ali scoffed, taking a sip of her drink. "And I'm sure you didn't deserve it," she pushed her bottle toward him with the empty cup as an invitation.

[Northstar] * Northstar smirked. "That depends on who you ask."

[Northstar] He reached out, without looking, for the gin and poured himself a cup.

[Ali] "And who might I ask?" she asked with a raised brow. "Which of our wonderfully idiotic friends had the pleasure?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul brought the cup to his lips, still seemingly enthralled by his reading. "Whoever that girl is who thinks Pietro is her 'boyfriend'."

[Ali] Pietro? What the hell kind of name was that? She didn't really know all these peoples names.

[Ali] She took another sip of her drink. "And what makes you think he isn't her boyfriend?"

[Northstar] "I don't believe in boyfriends," Northstar said matter-of-factly, turning a page. "She's deluding herself."

[Northstar] "And the fact that he 'cheated on' her, I guess, with two guys," he added. "I think that's a pretty good sign to the contrary."

[Ali] "Yeah, well...I think everyone here is deluding themselves. And their cute little "relationships" are only a part of it."

[Ali] She stopped, a smile going over her face at the second bit. "I don't suppose you were one of those two guys then?" she clucked her tongue. "Poor Pietro's girlfriend. Do you take it upon yourself to show everyone how deluded they are?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul shrugged noncomittally. "Only if they try to tell me I'm wrong. Otherwise, I don't particularly care."

[Ali] She leaned back in her chair. "It's not a bad thing. Everyone in this school needs a bit of a reality check. But they'd rather all play house and pretend they're not complete societal outcasts."

[Ali] "It'd be enough to pity, if I actually gave a shit," she finished her first glass, leaning over to fix herself another. "Life isn't fucking fair. Lesson one at Xavier fucking University."

[Northstar] * Northstar raised his glass, finally looking up. "You can say that again."

[Ali] She smiled at him, taking a sip of her new drink. Her eyes drifted to her broken phone, on the other side of the room. She fell back into the couch with a groan. "Oh FUCK me."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul smirked. "Again, I think not."

[Ali] "Oh we're sooo clever," Ali sneered. "You wouldn't have a clue what to do with me."

[Ali] She walked over to the phone, picking it up. Yeah, it was pretty well demolished. FUCK.

[Northstar] "I guess not." Northstar poured himself more gin. "Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing."

[Ali] Ali gave JP a looks. She sat back down, holding the pieces of her phone in her hand. Well, this was ironic, wasn't it? "So, what's your freak power anyway? Know how to fix things?"

[Northstar] "I'm apparently a 'speedster'," Jean-Paul replied. "I move fast," he clarified, in case she could only understand monosyllables.

[Ali] She raised a brow. "That sounds useful. Doesn't help me any."

[Northstar] * Northstar shrugged. "So sorry," he replied, clearly meaning no such thing./

[Ali] "I can tell," Ali rolled her eyes, standing to grab her bottle. "Well, speedy. It's been real." She stuffed the remains of her cell phone in her pocket. If that bitch knew what was good for her she'd email.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Ali should think twice about being mean to Meggan, when the new and improved Alex comes back :shifty

And a holla for Nacht and NS. You two really know how to put the extra 'i's in biiiiiiiiiiiiitch. :thumbup

[Edited on 15/3/07 by Freak]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

HAHAHAHA. Its like this weird symbiosis of cynicism and bitchiness. But it works!

Great job guys!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

No one better get in Meggie's way at the moment. She's a distressed little bunny and nees much luffs so if anyone tries to stress her more they're likely to find themselves face-to-face with something with rather large teeth and claws. :P

Great instance though. Bitches unite! :P
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Oh wow, them's good instancing. They remind me so much of that half brother and sister from Cruel Intentions.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Goh, I love both of these characters so much!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Go beotches!
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Lol, i love it, great job you too.

and well, Meggan's going to have to get a dose of the real world sometime. She does live in a bubble, and that's not good. ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn