3/15 Instance: Cold Hearted

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

((See the new and improved Lone Star Justice for the version of Bruce the bastard’s death described here ;) ))

[Eve] Eve sat at the patio table, a small potted plant infront of him. *Snap* It was frozen solid. Eve reached out a hand and broke off a leaf. He held it in his hand till it melted away. He concentrated hard and the ice fell away from the plant, and it looked green again, almost completely unhurt.

[Bobby] Studying for finals pretty well sucked, Bobby decided as he walked into the rec room and hunted for the remote. It was time for a break, and he was sick of his room and constantly wondering when the next round of banging would start in Remy and Jean-Paul's room.

[Bobby] He spied the remote and reached for it, pausing as something caught his eye out on the snowy patio. Eve was sitting there staring at a plant. "Huh."

[Bobby] "Hey, what're you up to now, Eve?" He said, opening the patio door and noticing the plant was covered in melting frost. "You really like my powers, don't you?" he chuckled.

[Eve] Eve looked over his shoulder as Bobby walked up. "Heh, was just out here thinking and got cold. But they are handy. What you up to bro?" He said as he started to slowly freeze the plant over again.

[Bobby] "Meh, study break," he said, brushing the snow off a chair, more from habit than any real need to, and sat down. "Between Howlett wanting to kill me and Xavier asking me to stay after class I figure I should actually study."

[Bobby] He nodded at the plant. "What'd that plant ever do do you? Munroe'd drown your ass for that."

[Eve] Eve laughed a bit. "That was pretty funny in Howlett's though.... Did I show you the pics I got? Some pretty incriminating stuff in there..." He gave Bobby an evil grin, "Maybe I could send them to Nikki and get you in trouble again...."

[Eve] "And yeah... Don't tell anyone... But I bet it would freeze anyway since it's like 0 degrees out here." He said in a mock lecture voice. "Did you know you could freeze living things? ... and apparently unfreeze them too..."

[Bobby] "Ha! No thanks, I got in enough trouble when she noticed the 'sweetcheeks' on MySpace," he made a face. "You and that camera..."

[Bobby] "True." He stared at the plant for a moment and the ice faded away. "Yeah... but I tend not to freeze living stuff..." he waved a hand. "Well, plants don't so much count...but the dog sure as hell did."

[Eve] Eve turned to Bobby as he raised his eyebrow. "You froze a dog? What happened to it?" He asked, a little apprehensive.

[Bobby] "I was 14 and he bit me, so I gave him frostbite." Bobby fiddled with the sleeve of his shirt, his leg starting to bounce as he remembered. "Oh, the dog was okay, but the vet was a little confused since it was July. Never did that again."

[Eve] "Yeah... I bet. So... You've never frozen anything else? Heh, you ever tried to do like Sub-Zero's moves? .. That'd be cool, huh?" He said, a bit nervously.

[Bobby] Bobby looked at Eve, noticing he sounded off. "Y'know, I always liked him as a kid, and for a while I wondered if that wasn't why I could freeze things, but nah, I couldn't do anything like that."

[Eve] "Huh... So have you noticed your powers have picked up a bit since you got sick? I went for a walk a few days ago and didn't even notice, but I froze over the pool over there...." Eve pointed vaguely towards the pool. "Was out in the middle of it before I noticed I hadn't fallen in..."

[Bobby] Bobby's eyebrows shot up as he looked from where Eve had pointed and back. "No shit?" He laughed. "That's pretty wild. I've frozen part of the pool before, but... I haven't noticed anything different, except for this crap." His hand coated itself with a thin layer of ice.

[Bobby] He wriggled his fingers, still fascinated by the creaking it made, then dispelled the ice. "And what good is that? Maybe you're getting a boost from somewhere - can't be me."

[Eve] "Heh, yeah well, no one else here at school with ice powers." Eve watched as Bobby's hand shimmered with ice then melted away. "I think I did that last week." that looked cool... wonder if that's really what stopped the punches...

[Bobby] "Not that I've seen," he smirked. "But still.... you did? Find any use for it? It looks cool and I slid all the way down the hall the other day, but otherwise... it's just a new weird thing, y'know?"

[Eve] "Well, truth be told, pretty sure it kept me from getting my head bashed in... I uh... Had a fight with Paige's Ex...."

[Bobby] "Really? When?" And how could that help...

[Eve] "When I went to her house after Thanksgiving... Was about to get smashed in the face... but the ice covered me up... was like an ice football helmet or something."

[Bobby] "Really? Well, obviously you're okay... so I guess it worked." He grinned. "Wicked, never wouldda thought of that. I'll have to try... well, not try to bash in my head since I'm not Xander, but that's still awesome."

[Bobby] "Why'd he jump you, dude?"

[Eve] "I um... kinda broke his nose cause of what he was saying to Paige. Guy was a fucking ass..." Bruce's words still echoed in Eve's mind, full of hate and spite.

[Bobby] "Sounds like he deserved it then." He frowned. "I'm glad the ice was good for something."

[Eve] "Yeah, he hit me with his truck, nearly broke my knee. I ... Bobby.... Hey, you know Sub-Zero's flash freeze move? .. down forward punch.... *mumbles*how do i still know that? *back to full voice* I Did that ... I froze him solid when he was kicking my ass...."

[Eve] Eve looked down at the table, not wanting to meet Bobby's eyes.

[Bobby] "He hit you with..." It took a moment for all that to process. "What?" You froze a person solid...like Sub-Zero...." His voice trailed off, afraid to ask the obvious question. And Eve wasn't looking at him. "No..."

[Eve] "Yeah ... When I pushed him off... He broke in half... Found out a couple of days ago he was dead... Newspaper said he was "Horribly mangled" but they have no leads or any idea what happened..." Eve put his face in his hands, afraid he was going to lose it again.

[Bobby] Bobby's stomach dropped, remembering Mortal Kombat with a new clarity. "No....just no. No! I- what I do... it just doesn't work that way!" He ran a hand over his face. "It can't. Is this some kind of sick joke?" Please?

[Eve] "No bro, I... I wouldn't have said anything, cept you need to know... I think your power is still growing... Your going to have to be very careful with it. I'll help you, let you know everything I learn, cause I don't wish what happened on anyone..."

[Eve] Eve saw the sick look in his friends face. he probably hates me now...

[Bobby] Bobby barely heard Eve through the buzzing in his skull. No, just no... But this new...thing, with the ice coating. He'd never done that before, he'd never tried. He'd never pushed his abilities, and every day Eve was pushing them. He swallowed. "You don't know how you did it?"

[Eve] "Not fully... doing it slow is no problem.... but i've been working on the 'snap' flash freeze thing... I've only been able to do this plant so far." Eve motioned to the plant, concentrated on it for a moment before a quiet *snap* was heard and the whole plant was frozen solid.

[Bobby] He felt nausiated, but he reached out and touched the plant. A stalk snapped off in his hand. "Fucking hell!" The stalk fell to the table, thawing as it dropped.

[Bobby] "I think maybe you should just knock off with this for a while." He looked Eve in the eye. "Jesus, a guy is dead!"

[Eve] "I know! I havn't stopped thinking about it since it happened. But if I could have controled it better, he might not be. I can't change what happened, but I can make sure I don't lose it like that again."

[Bobby] He ran a hand through his hair. "Look, I get that you didn't mean to do it - that it was self defense, or instinct or whatever. I do. And if it was me... or Nik, or Paige, Lorna...any of the girls... in danger? I might be able do the same thing."

[Eve] Quietly, "Yeah. I just hope you never have to..."

[Bobby] "Makes two of us." Bobby got up, the chair screeching against the cold patio surface. "I know you have to live with this. And now I do too." He paused, squeezing Eve's shoulder for a moment. "I...need to get out of here. Later, man."

[Bobby] Instead of going back inside, he stuffed his hands in his pockets and disappeared onto the grounds.

[Eve] Eve's head slumped to his chest. He slammed his hand onto the table and the plant shattered. Damn... He got up and headed to his room.

[Edited on 15-3-2007 by Slarti]

[Edited on 16-3-2007 by Slarti]
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Oooh! Fantastic job! I especially love the ending, very nicely done.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Awww poor guys :(
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

*snuggles them both* great job though guys!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean