3/19 Instance: Funny Feet

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

[Laura] Laura sat cross legged on her chair and leant up over the table with her elbow propping her up as he tapped her book. She soooooo didn't get it...

[Laura] Yawning she streched and looked around the room, then started bouncing slightly on her knees. "I'm stuck!"

[Bobby] Bobby looked up from his own book, blowing his hair out of his eyes. "Heh, okay.... let me see." He spun her book around and glanced at it. Oh, she was still there? "Oh, well, you can input the squaring function and output the doubling function." He gave her a silly grin.

[Laura] Blinking a few times, Laura made a face. "I don't get it! All the squaring and inputting! I wanna be a dancer!"

[Laura] "Like...I totally dont need to know this if I'm gonna dance Giselle!"

[Bobby] "Well, ya got me there," he winked. "But if you want to pass you gotta know it.... or sorta know it anyway." He watched her bounce, his own leg starting to jump a little in nervous appreciation.

[Bobby] "See, now this I can do, but dancing that takes any kind of talent?" he shrugged. "Maybe if you relate it to dancing you can get it?"

[Laura] Looking at him blankly, Laura shrugged, but thought about it. "Mmmkay, but like how would that work? But I will totally do annnnything to pass!"

[Bobby] Good question. "Hmm, well, don't you have certain starting positions, and you gotta do things in a certain order? Just think of this," he pointed at an equation, "as your starting position, and you have to go through these steps to get the dance right."

[Bobby] "Um, or you can wait until Xavier nods off and check your notes," he joked.

[Laura] "Umm, yeah, like I get what you mean..." she sighed heavily and slumped down, sprawling half over the table. "It's like....just like doing the steps thats sooo hard!"

[Laura] "Like...maybe I could check Xaviers notes when he falls asleep?" she grinned cheekily up at him. "But like, totally thank you for trying to help me!"

[Bobby] He laughed. "You're welcome, Spunky Brewster. I dunno about checking his notes either.... here, just...gimme a sec." He grabbed a piece of paper.

[Laura] Laura snickered at the name. "Spunky Brewster?" Sitting up a little she poked her tongue out at him. "Frosty the Snowman!"

[Bobby] He wrote out the steps for the differential equation, drawing funny little pictures on the side to illustrate and slid it over to her. "There. If that doesn't work, at least you'll be entertained while you flunk," he stuck out his own tongue. "But you'll do fine."

[Laura] "Awwww, awesome!" she squealed and put the page in the front of her book. "That'll totally help!"

[Laura] "And I can help you with Dad's class!"

[Bobby] He scratched his cheek with his pen, fidgeting a bit at the mention of Daddy Deathglare. "Ahah, yeah..... it's okay. I turned in that sculpture and he didn't skewer me..." Yet.

[Laura] "I mean with dancing and stuff! And I think he feels bad as I have totally been giving him the silent treatment after that! he was soooooo dumb about it, I still totally can't believe what he did!"

[Laura] She bounced in irritation in her seat. "And the councelor guy said I should talk to him more, about being homesick and everything but I totally don't want to right now! But he also said to hang out with people more and join in but like - I totally feel so...I dunno!"

[Laura] " Like, left out cause I don't go to the bars or anything with you guys..." she sighed and pulled her knees up, chewing on her glittery pen. "He talked funny though, so I think he said to hang out more..."

[Bobby] Bobby watched her bounce with a bemused smile. She seemed so much younger than she really was. "Nah, he's your dad.... he was just trying to protect you. You shouldn't be mad at him on my account."

[Bobby] "Well, you don't have to go to bars," he shrugged, slouching in the chair and letting the bouncing leg go for it. "Seems like everybody does plenty of hanging out just around here -- you should come to some of the movie nights, or watch some Bond or something with me and Lorna."

[Bobby] "None of us bite." He flipped her book cover with his pen.

[Laura] "Movies sound good! Like me and Kitty have a musicals night! But like....I don't like Bond! And I feel soooo left out! I wanna go to the bars but I am totally too young! Like, seriously, they totes wouldn't let me in!"

[Bobby] The idea of her and alcohol frankly scared him. "Yeah, you'd have to have a pretty good fake ID to get in, Spunky."

[Laura] "I knoooooow! Or like...mind powers!"

[Bobby] "Mind powers might do it too. You know, there are such things as underage clubs in the city.... we could get you in there and it'd be legal even."

[Laura] "Yeah?" she sat up a little bit. "Like, that'd be cool! But I wouldn't wanna seem like a dork for having to go to an underage club, but if no one else would mind going, that'd be sooooo cool!"

[Bobby] "Oh no, there's only one dork here, and you're lookin' at him," he laughed. "Seriously, Eve doesn't even drink and the rest of us don't have to. It'd be fun."

[Laura] "Okay, cool!!" Grinning toothily she closed her book with a yawn. "Do we have to do any more math? I can't think anymore!"

[Bobby] "I'm good with no more math," he said, sitting up and tipping his own book shut. "I've got stalling on studying down to a science."

[Bobby] "So! You want to hang more, anything you want to do now?"

[Laura] Laura gave a small whoop of victory and stuffed her books in her fluffy Stitch bag and zipped it up. "Ummm, ice cream? I like, know its totally cold out, but back home it wouldn't be and I'd still have ice cream after study sessions!"

[Bobby] "Where is back home, anyways?" He dumped his own book in his backpack. "And hey, the cold doesn't bother Frosty the Snowman. Ice cream it is."

[Laura] "Florida, just outside Miami!" Laura nodded and grinned happily. "I loooove ice cream, its such a happy food!"

[Bobby] "Florida! Awesome....kinda hot though. But good theme parks. I approve!" He nodded mock seriously, standing up and stretching. "Let's see if the hoards left any ice cream in the freezer. Caffeine sounds good too."

[Laura] "Sure!" she bounced up and trotted after him. "And, like we totally have awesome parks!!! i loooove it, I love like, theme parks and water parks and everything!"

[Bobby] "Wicked! Yep, theme parks are very cool. I've worked at one for years - Six Flags St. Louis," he slowed down a bit, remembering she was tiny....oh, but hey! Speedy!

[Laura] "I wanna work at Disney! Be a princess, cause that'd be awwwwesome!" she did a high bounce, springing gracefully a few feet along the corridor, before landing and twisiting, bouncing up and down on the spot as she waited for him.

[Bobby] "Very nice!" he clapped his approval. "You'd make a good princess - very awwwwesome!" Wow, it was hard to be depressed around somebody like her.

[Bobby] Arriving at the kitchen he dropped the bag on the table and dug in the freezer, pulling out a few cartons. "I was a ride operator, so my job was making people barf, and climbing the thing when it broke down."

[Laura] Grabbing some spoons she plopped her bag on a chair and took a carton of Rocky Road and sat down. "Really? Wow! Like, climb them? Were you scared when they were high ones?"

[Bobby] "Nah, I like heights," he said, grabbing the vanilla and some Mountain Dew from the fridge. "It was fun to get up there and rock the cars on the coasters, or balance on the tracks. Also, skater, so pretty good balance."

[Bobby] "So... your mom a dancer too? I sure know your dad is," he laughed. One nice thing about Howlett being pissed at him was he wasn't the dude's guinea pig in dance class.

[Laura] "I like rollerskating!" she grinned and ate a large spoonful.

[Laura] "Mmmfp, yeah, my Mom is a dancer too, well, she used to be! She gave it up to run a studio instead!"

[Bobby] "Well, rollerskating is pretty fun too, but yeah, I meant skateboard." He watched her dig happily in her carton and felt the caffeine kick in. "Ahhh, makes sense. Dancing in the blood, yeah?"

[Laura] "Oh. Ooooh, okay! Well, like, living near the beach I pretty much skated eeeeeveryhere!"

[Laura] "And dancing is totally in the blood and my healing helps, but....I have....funny feet," she blushed and looked to the door.

[Bobby] "Cool," he grinned, picking at his own ice cream. "I never really saw the ocean.... well, aside from in New York now. Beach sounds sweet."

[Bobby] "Funny feet?" He noticed her blush and leaned sideways in the chair dramatically to look under the table. "Little feet, but not funny." He tilted his head back up to smile.

[Laura] "Yeah, the sea breeze was nice, its why I skated...." she said in a small voice and chancing a look at the door, nodded at him. "Funny feet."

[Laura] Slipping off her shoe she extended her leg up and out ot the side, well away from them and tensed, then flexed it.

[Laura] A bone claw, a little thicker and longer than the ones that came out of her hands shot out from the skin above her big toe and the next along. Wincing, she turned to look at him. "Funny feet. Seriously..."

[Bobby] Bobby sat back up, concerned she was acting funny. "You okay?" He trailed off, managing not to jump much when the claw came out. He blinked.

[Bobby] "Wow....um..." Tearing his eyes from her foot, he looked at her face. Gah, she almost looked ready to cry.....no, no, no. Say something nice, Drake! "Nah, still not funny. It's just part of you." He smiled.

[Laura] "I know, but I don't like it....D'you know how many pairs of ballet shoes I ruined with them?" she managed a smile as she slipped her shoe back on.

[Bobby] "Yeah, I can get that... I've ruined plenty of shit, er, stuff in my time. Y'know, when ice melts.... you get water damage. My folks had to get flood insurance."

[Laura] "I just like...It's kinda scary. Like, it's why I don't like getting mad..."

[Bobby] He swallowed hard, remembering Eve's confession. "I know it's scary, but hey... that's what we're all here for, yeah?" If he got mad... could he really do what Eve had done?

[Bobby] She still looked miserable, so he reached over and patted her hand a little awkwardly. "And hey... if you ever get mad, just like, think Disney princess, or come punch me or something."

[Laura] Dissolving into giggles she took another bite of ice cream. "Like, yeah! Sorry for being gloomy!"

[Laura] "Umm...do you like Disney....?" she asked, shoving the spoon in her mouth again.

[Bobby] "No problem, Eeyore," he gave her the silly grin. "Some Disney's cool."

[Laura] "Awesome!! Wanna watch a movie while we finish our ice cream? It'll cheer us both up!"

[Bobby] "Sure! Whatcha got in mind?" He thought for a moment. "Hey, I've got an idea.... ever watched any anime?"

[Laura] "Ummm...no? Will I like it?" she asked, hopping up to go get some crackers as well.

[Bobby] "Heh, well, we'd have to borrow it from Lizzie, but how about a girl, talking cats, magic and cool animation?"

[Laura] Laura's eyes bugged slightly. "Totally awesome!" she giggled. "I love cats!!"

[Bobby] "Wicked," he laughed at her reaction, happier himself now that her mood had turned around so quickly. He gathered up his ice cream and backpack. "Then let's go bug Lizzie and get you your cats!"

[Laura] Grabbing Stitch and her goodies, she tripped after him. "Yeah! Thank you Bobby!"

[Edited on 19-3-2007 by Slarti]
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

lol, Awesome, i love it, great job you too.
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Lol did they go watch 'the cat returns'? I love that movie! :P awwww bless 'em they're cute!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6