3/24 Instance: Twinkie of Hope

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

[Dr.McCoy] "I simply must thank you again for your assistance, I don't believe it would have been, er, seemly, for me to try this with Ms. Guthrie," he said, adjusting the uniform again and avoiding the doctor's obvious womanly attributes.

[Dr.Dragon] Dai smiled and obediantly held up her arms so that Hank could get a decent fit "Not a problem, Hank, I can compleatly understand why you'd feel uncomfortable attempting this with a student."

[Dr.Dragon] "And of course, it's always my pleasure to help, that's as tight as I think you're going to get it I'm afraid." She added helpfully.

[Dr.McCoy] "Ah! My apologies," he loosened it up a bit and stepped back. "There. Now, it was most difficult to adjust Mr. Richards' data for this application, but I believe this is a sterling third effort." He took adjusted his glasses and checked his notes.

[Dr.McCoy] "I think I've worked out the kinks from the first formula....I promise you it won't explode." He grinned reassuringly and looked up, ushering her to an area of his lab specifically cleared for this test.

[Dr.McCoy] "Now, the idea is to create a fabric for those students who cannot transmute their own clothing when they change form. So, er, I believe the test is as simple as you transforming and seeing what happens, to put it bluntly."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai smiled in a faintly worried way as she listened to Hank ... explode? Had their been explosions? She hadn't been told this ... did this classify as unethical?

[Dr.Dragon] But then again ... Hank was hardly the type to put another's life at risk ... esspicially someone who could crispy fry him in his labcoat. She relaxed a little and glanced around the cleared area.

[Dr.Dragon] "I'll presume you want me to shift to me transient form to begin with?" she asked.

[Dr.McCoy] "Yes, doctor, that would be perfect. As it was Ms. Guthrie who came to me, and she doesn't change shape so much as dissolve her clothing, but this is a starting point, yes?"

[Dr.McCoy] "If this test is successful, we can move on to bigger things." He chuckled at his own joke. "Perhaps literally, with you as my lovely accomplice. This could have implications for the other shifters, such as Mr. Goodhaven, should he return." He sobered a bit at that.

[Dr.Dragon] "Mine tend's to get shredded." Dai sighed at the mention of Alex, it was such a shame that he'd felt that running away was his only option when Meggan had made her choice.

[Dr.Dragon] Though ... 'lovely accomplice' was carefully filed away for further examination at a later date. Dai smiled at Hank and closed her eyes, concentrated and changed/

[Dr.Dragon] Her skin changed to a bright, jade green and took on a scaly texture as her muscles and bones streched and grew, there was the familiar, slightly itchy feeling of the wings sprouting from her back .... accompanied by a very familiar tearing sound.

[Dr.Dragon] Dai opened her eyes and looked down at herself "Oh damnation!" The material hung off her in shredded tatters.

[Dr.McCoy] Hank watched, fascinated, as she changed. Yes, yes, it was working! Until he heard the first rip. "Oh..... OH!" He quickly averted his eyes, even if he wasn't sure what he'd actually see if she was half dragon. "Oh my stars and garters! M-my apologies!"

[Dr.McCoy] He scrambled for the infirmary blanket he'd had sitting on one of the stools, managing to knock it off but caught it before it hit the floor. "Here.....let me get effort four," he stammered out.

[Dr.Dragon] Dai sighed and took the blanket, shifting to a slightly smaller form that was wingless so that she could wrap it around herself easier "Ish not a problem, i'm ushed to it." She lisped between her fangs, looked down at her snout irritably and grew them back in.

[Dr.Dragon] "Ahem ... yes, I'm used to this sort of thing ... at least I didn't blow up."

[Dr.McCoy] Hank got the prototype four and managed to not smile at her lisp. "Yes, but still.... I thought it would work."

[Dr.McCoy] It's a good thing I didn't ask Ms. Guthrie to test it, yes?" He handed her the suit, still embarrassed. "No, I assure you, you won't blow up. That was simply the first trial....the unstable molecules were just a little too unstable." He paused, staring at her for a moment.

[Dr.McCoy] "Ah, where are my manners..." he averted his gaze and took off his glasses to polish them. "But I must admit your mutation is fascinating, and you have such fine control as well. I only hope we can help the children get to where you are now."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai smiled ... now like she wasn't used to men stareing at her, and she often enjoyed it. But normally it wasn't while she was scaly.

[Dr.Dragon] "I'm glad you think so, it certainly is a very ... unusual one from what I can gather, transformation into a purely mythical animal alone."

[Dr.Dragon] She took off the ruined uniform and, shifting back to her human form, quickly put it on "The controll I have took me many years to achieve by myself, hopefully with the aid of thier fellows the children should manage it much quicker then I." She turned around "It's safe to look now, Hank."

[Dr.McCoy] "Yes indeed. Certainly there have been no formal studies done on the frequency of such mutations, but I would think it's quite rare." He put his glasses back on.

[Dr.McCoy] "Excellent. Now....this formulation is slightly different, and I have high hopes...though we'll certainly keep the blanket handy, yes?"

[Dr.Dragon] Dai raised an eyebrow "I think that would be prudent, yes." Once again she concentrated on shifting shape.

[Dr.Dragon] The wings grew without issue and she watched in fasination as the material on her arms and legs faded into green scales, it was working!

[Dr.Dragon] However, the material around her torso and hips wasn't fadeing in and started to strech worryingly. Dai sighed as she heard another rip and grabbed the blanket to hide herself.

[Dr.Dragon] "Well ... progress I assume?" She asked him, waving an arm.

[Dr.McCoy] He sighed. "Yes, some progress indeed." This time curiousity won over embarrassment and he stepped up to inspect her arms. "Well, that area worked flawlessly," he beamed. "But as for the rest...."

[Dr.McCoy] "Back to the drawing board - or test tube, I suppose would be more accurate. How does it feel? Any burning....?"

[Dr.Dragon] Dai inspected her arm "No ... it tingled a bit, but I can't feel anything." She ran one hand over the area "I can feel through it though, and it feels like normal skin ... well ... scales."

[Dr.McCoy] "Excellent!" He beamed, excited it had worked. He ran a finger over her forearm. "Excellent, excellent! Thank you, doctor. Now.... I suppose we should see how well it transforms back to call this experiment semi-successful."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai smiled and wrapped the blanket tighter around her "Of course, of course." She morphed back to her human form and was very relieved to see that the material reform on-top of her skin. She wasn't too happy with the idea of being permemently bonded with this material.

[Dr.McCoy] "Wonderful! Well, this calls for a celebration!" He rummaged in a drawer. "Twinkie?"

[Dr.Dragon] Twinkie? Was he calling her Twin-oh! It's a snack food ... that was ... well. She took it and smiled at him "Thank you."

[Dr.McCoy] "You deserve all the thanks! Couldn't do it without you." He took a celebratory bite of the yellow cakey goodness. "Hmmm. Now, I just wonder why only part of the material transformed with you."

[Dr.McCoy] "Ah well, that is what the scientific process is for, yes? I'm sure Ms. Guthrie will be most pleased with any progress. I have found this new batch of students most fascinating."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai took an experimental nibble ... hmm ... wasn't to bad actually "I'm sure you do Hank, however for me it's just proved more work ... such a variaty of issues these poor kids seem to have, it's alot of work."

[Dr.McCoy] "Indeed, issues seem to come with the territory," he agreed, looking over a data sheet. "Still, overall this year so far has gone much more smoothly. I'm sure in part due to your influence. The children need someone to talk to....and I am not a people person, per se."

[Dr.Dragon] "Oh yes ... I'm thinking of writing a book about it ... 'Self-doubt and the mutant condition' or something like that. There is so little out there for people like us that we need to make the information available."

[Dr.McCoy] "Really? I think that is a wonderful idea, Dai! In fact, I have been considering publishing some of my research as well - as you say, this information needs to be available. More children with mutations turn up every year, and we, as sadly unprepared as we may be, are at the fore."

[Dr.McCoy] Hank finished his Twinkie, smiling at the name she posited. "'Self-doubt and the mutant condition' - I like it. Most appropos."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai took another bite out of her twinkie "Oh yes, I think you should, it could encourage more young mutants to come forward, to seek the help that is available to them."

[Dr.Dragon] "I am hopeful that if mutation is slowly eased into the public eye it won't be long before we are widly accepted. I mean, just fifty years ago it was a shameful thing to be homosexual, now it is generally accepted."

[Dr.Dragon] "Providing there are no major public displays of power ... perhaps in the children's life time their may be tollerance or dare I say it acceptance."

[Dr.McCoy] "I am in complete agreement. It's certainly a worthy dream. "'We cannot walk alone, and as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead. We cannot turn back.'"

[Dr.McCoy] He broke off, realizing he was getting a little carried away. Though Martin Luther King was never inappropriate. "Yes, well... at any rate, we do our part."

[Dr.Dragon] "A most excellent sentiment, doctor." Dai smiled, "We all must work for a better future, and one that will also involve us not causing any incidents of public indecency."

[Dr.Dragon] "Which, alas, is a hazzard several of us face."

[Dr.McCoy] "You are very correct," he chuckled. "Which brings us back around to our quest here today. I have prototype five here is you're up for another go? I promise no explosions."

[Dr.Dragon] Dai finished off her twinkie "As long as you promise." She smiled.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I'm still psyched that you mentioned Mr. Richards....wait a sec, shouldn't that be Dr. Richards?

Cool instance though :D