7/26 Instance: He's not Evil, He's Misunderstood

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Infirmary (after the Break a Leg Instance)

rachel: Rachel sat up rubbing her temples, the events with Farouk coming back to her. She hadn't even been back that long, and she'd already managed to land herself in the med lab.

FrWagner: Kurt looked up from what he was reading and then turned back to his book. He could hear sounds of things happening, people coming in, talking, sounding upset... but he couldn't really see what was going on from his tiny room in the corner. The infirmary had been fairly quiet all summer, even with Japh living there. Now, with the students back, it was starting to get lively again. Still, it wasn't like there was anything he could actually do other than get in the way, so he stayed put. He hated hospitals so being forced to live in one... well, the less he had to leave his room the better.

rachel: She looked around. No sign of McCoy or Annie. She wondered if they'd be upset if she left, not that it mattered. She was leaving whether they liked it or not. She'd had her fill of the imfirmary last semester.

rachel: Rachel slowly got up, her head was killing her. Though, the memories Farouk had brought up were worse. She realized that Bobby had knocked him out. Farouk was so going to kill them. She walked out of the room, noticing another room seem to be occupied.

FrWagner: Kurt picked up his glass of water and realized it was empty. Damn. Now he had the choice of sitting here and being thirsty or taking the 10 minute hobble into main room where the sink and ice were or waiting until someone showed up and offered him to refill it. He got as far as the door and decided it would be better to just teleport.

FrWagner: It was a ludicrously short distance, but what did it matter. Materializing at the sink with his glass he realized he wasn't alone.

FrWagner: "Oh, Rachel. Hallo." he said.

rachel: "Hey," she sat back down. The room was spinning. Wait. Wasn't Wagner supposed to be gone? "So...what's up?"

FrWagner: "Oh, uh... not much." Kurt said. "Just hanging out in my ... temporary home here and doing nothing." He scooped up some ice with his glass and filled the rest with water before limping over to a chair to sit down across from Rachel.

FrWagner: "You much have just gotten back. Are you looking for Dr. McCoy?" Kurt asked.

rachel: "Oh no. I just woke up a few minutes ago....was going to leave. I just passed out. Why are you down here?"

FrWagner: "At the moment," Kurt said, "I live here. Some sort of ... recovery by total boredom I think. I was in a car accident at the beginning of the summer and ... well, I'm still healing I guess. I'm getting better though, especially since they took the cast of my leg. It was horrible."

FrWagner: "And... I think passing out implies some kind of medical condition. Are you sure you don't want me to look for Ha... Dr. McCoy. It could be something serious. Did something happen to cause you to lose consciousness?" Kurt asked. Rachel was a telepath and he'd noticed that more than an other type of extraordinary, they seemed particularly sensitive to things causing them to pass out, seizure, all sorts of unexpected reactions.

rachel: "Yeah, I know about the boredom thing just from being down here last semester, and I'm fine. Bobby and I got in an argument with Farouk..."

FrWagner: "Oh yes? Farouk seems like a poor professor to tangle with." Kurt scratched his hand through his hair; he needed to wash it, but that was such a pain in the ass down here. "I never minded student's arguing or playing pranks on me, but ... I think Farouk is one of those professors who sees these things as an opportunity to teach a lesson."

rachel: "Yeah, he didn't like the super glue prank apparently, so we had to move stuff from his old office to his new. Pretty sure we broke some stuff too. It wasn't packed all that well."

rachel: "Bobby iced the hall, and I slid them down the hall with my teke. We figured out if you send more than one box they smash into each other."

FrWagner: Kurt laughed. Of course Bobby would do something like that. The whole planet would be a giant toboggan run if it were up to him. "Farouk has a new office? Where?"

rachel: "Uh...your old office, actually. Oh, you haven't seen Bobby's hair either." she pulled the camera out of her pocket, turning it on and showing Wagner Bobby's pink hair.

FrWagner: "My office? Well, that's going to be a surprise when..." Kurt's thought was interrupted by the sight of Bobby with screaming bright pink hair. "Oh. Oh dear. How did that happen?"

rachel: "Lizzie doesn't like the term pink mind knife of doom," she smirked. "But, yeah, your office. It sucks. Farouk is evil."

FrWagner: Kurt scratched his head again. "I think I left my crucifix up on the wall when I left the morning of my accident. It's usually the last thing I take down before I move. I wonder if it's still there."

FrWagner: "So Lizzie is the culprit behind the pink hair..." Kurt said, covering his mouth to hide his grin. "I suppose she's gotten her point across then yes?"

FrWagner: "And perhaps Farouk isn't ... evil, maybe misunderstood? Evil is a pretty strong word. He is after all, one of us."

rachel: "I think Bobby is plotting revenge on Lizzie." She shrugged, "Maybe, but he squished Bobby and attacked me."

FrWagner: "He attacked you?" Kurt asked, ignoring the rest for now. Student pranks and what was it, squishing? could be dealt with later, but the teachers could go around attacking students for any reason.

rachel: "Yeah...telepathically. He was squishing Bobby, and I freaked out and accidently did something to Farouk's leg with my teke."

FrWagner: "Umm...." This was really more than Kurt wanted to deal with at the moment. Was he even faculty anymore? He didn't have an office. And it sounded more like a student/teacher fight than a simple case of a professor attacking a student. Then again, he had slightly more authority than ... anyone else in the room.

FrWagner: "Well, what happened exactly. What happened first, the squishing? Dr. Farouk attacking you? Or... you said you did something with his leg?" At least he could get some facts and then tell someone who was in charge.

rachel: "He made some remark about me cutting and ending up down here, and Bobby noticed how much it pissed me off, so we decided to just leave. Bobby was walking out the door, and Farouk squished him against the doorway. I didn't know what to do, and then Farouk's leg started...like, flaking away. Then, Farouk attacked me."

FrWagner: Kurt frowned. It had to be more complicated than that. "His leg started 'flaking away'? Like, disappearing?" Kurt asked. As far as he knew Rachel was a standard telepath with limited telekinesis. That sounded like it was outside the scope of her abilities. Unless, she had untapped abilities that she was only now discovering.

rachel: "Yeah, and I guess I was doing it, so he attacked me. I've never done anything like that with my teke though..."

FrWagner: Kurt nodded. "Maybe you should talk to Professor Xavier about what happened. Obviously telekinesis is not something I have very much experience with."

FrWagner: "And as for Dr. Farouk's response... I will talk to him," Kurt said. "How does that sound?"

rachel: "Yeah, that sounds cool. Thanks."

FrWagner: Kurt stood up, holding on to the back of the chair. "Good," Kurt said. "There's no plan for me to teach here this semester so I don't know what I'll be doing, but at least I can help out a little bit. You're feeling better?"

rachel: "As well as I can feel with this migraine, but I'll be okay. I've been through worse." She got up, deciding on going to her room. Really, she was paranoid that the shadows would invade her mind again.

FrWagner: "Okay, well. that's good because..." Kurt looked around. "Because I appear to be the only one here and I can't actually do anything for you. You'd have to wait for Dr. McCoy or Annie to return."

FrWagner: "Talk to Professor Xavier as soon as you feel able all right? It's important." Kurt gave her shoulder a squeeze, a gesture that was, as far as he could tell, the only gesture of affection a priest could make without being mistaken for something else.

rachel: "Okay, I will."

FrWagner: Kurt smiled. "Auf Wedershen, then." He turned and taking his glass of water, started the long, long, long walk back to his room.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Woo! Go Kurt! Get that Baron!!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis