7/31 Instance: Late Night Snack

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

timeline the evening of sept 5

Talia's eyes snapped open at the cries. She rubbed her eye with a yawn, pulling back her comforter. "Mommy's coming, baby."

She managed to catch a glance at the clock. 4:12 am. And she had McCoy's class at 8:30. She groaned a bit inwardly as she headed through the bathroom, opening the door to Johnny's room. She was a bit startled to see Remy already standing there, cradling their son in his arms.

He glanced up, giving her a small smile. "Hey. Was jus' gonna give him a bottle an' put him down again. Y' should get y're sleep."

"Uh," she yawned again. "Is he ok??" She moved closer to check on her son, running a hand over his head. "You're sure he's just hungry? Did you check his diaper??"

"Already changed it. Dat's when he really started cryin'." He chuckled. "Den he started mouthin' my chest when I went t' cuddle him an' I figured...well..."

"Heh, yeah," she paused. "

"Well...you don't have to feed him if you don't want to..I can you know.."

"Non, its ok. I'd like t'." He shrugged. "Sides which, y've had night duty for long enough now, figure its my turn, neh?"

She shrugged. "I guess...it was alot tougher in the beginning though.."

She leaned a bit against the changing table, letting out another yawn. "I guess it was just going from only worrying about yourself when you go to sleep, and worrying abotu you and this little baby.."

"Oui." He pulled the bottle out of the warmer, and tested it before slipping it Johnny's mouth, cutting his cries off quickly. "I'm really sorry I missed all dat."

He watched Johnny intently. "Anyways, I suppose dat means dat its really my turn."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," she told him. Well, on one hand, she could sleep the nights. But on the other.."But I still don't mind doing it too.."

She couldn't help it as her eyes made their way from her son, to his well defined chest. God, he really was so-she shook her head. Banish these thoughts! All they did was torment her.

He heard the bit of wistfulness there and glanced up. "Well. We could take turns if y' want. Y' could take d' weekend, an' I'll take d' weekdays. Dat should let y' make d' most of y're catchin' up, oui? An' I do most my work on weekends...so it works."

"Yeah, ok, that makes sense," she sighed again. "I can't miss anymore classes. Sgt Rankin made me do this running thing with Lizzie today to make up for the ones I missed...I think I have to do more too.."

"Oh?" He tipped the bottle up higher. "Well, even more d' reason den. How did it go?"

She looked away from him, her hands wrapping around her stomach again. "I didn't even make it for like, two minutes. And then Lizzie was telling me how I have to push and I just got annoyed and left. So I don't even know if today counted."

"Jus' felt too pressured? Maybe y' should start off slower, on y're own?"

"No, I shouldn't do it at all!" she told him, hugging herself a bit tighter. "I can't do it anymore, and it's just the way it is."

He shifted Johnny up to his shoulder, patting his back firmly. "What are y' talkin' about? Y' had a baby, TJ. Y' didn't have y're spine severed. Y' jus' have t' pick what y' can do, an' push a litle more dan dat."

She shook her head. "No..I'm just not gonna run again. I'll just be slow and fat for the rest of my life.."

"Well its y're choice. Y' ain't exactly fat though." He skimmed his eyes over her thin pj tank top and short clad form. "Y've got more paddin' den y' did before, but it don't look bad on y'."

"Y' tend t' defeat y'reself though TJ, before y' even give it a real try."

"More padding? So I'm fat," she surmised. "And I don't defeat myself! I really just can't do it!"

She sighed, calming herself down a bit. "I did try. But it was really hard. And it made my chest hurt, and I never felt that before...so, like, I took that as I'm not supposed to be doing that."

He shook his head, but decided not to argue the whole 'fat' thing. He knew he'd just be chasing his tail there. "An' non, its supposed t' burn a bit. Y're chest, an' y're muscles. Its how y' know y're pushin' y're limits. But I'm not sayin' y' have t' try an' keep up with Lizzie all in one go. Take baby steps." He placed the now sleepy Johnny back in his crib, rubbing the full belly soothingly. "But its y're choice. If y' don' want t', den don't."

"it's not what I want, it's what I can do or can't do.." she moved closer to the crib, giving Johnny a little kiss goodnight. "I wish I could be back to how I was before I got pregnant, but I don't think it's possible. So, I should get used to it.."

"See? Dere y' go again." Ok...maybe really late at night when you were overtired and fairly cranky wasn't the best timing for this. "D' only thing holdin' y' up is y'. Dere's tons of women dat have babies an' get back into shape jus' fine TJ. Sure it won't ever be d' same, but y' can still be fit."

She shrugged. "I don't know...I lost some wieght, then it stopped totally. So I don't even know.."

"And do you know any women who had babies??" she paused. "Well..besinde me.."

"Not personally. Mais its not exactly a rare affliction, TJ. Lots of women have dem."

"Maybe y' should try an' find a group t' go to...or look up on d' internet. I'm sure dere are lots of mom's out dere wit' tips an' support."

"Maybe.." she paused. "This is stupid, I don't even know why I brought it up.."

"Well. Y'll figure it out." He yawned and pulled Johnny's blanket over him. "So y' good wit' d' week/weekend thing?"

"Yeah, I think that'll work," she glanced at the clock again. Nearly 5! "I have a class in like...3 hours."

"Of t' bed wit' y' den." He gave her a half smile. "Y' shouldn't have stayed up all dis time. Y' need y're sleep, an' I can watch him."

She yawned, heading toward her room. "I didn't mind it..but I'll leave it to you tomorrow then."

Turning back, she gave him a small smile. "Nite."

"G'night." he figeted for a moment. "Maybe one of dese days...could we sit down an' have a talk? I think it would be a good idea."

She furrowed her brow a bit, turning back to him. "A talk??" Talk about what? This made her nervous. "Uh..yeah, ok."

"Bien." He yawned again. "He's sleepin' good, so I think I'll head in too. See y' in a few hours."

"Yeah..nite," she turned back toward her room, closing the door. Talk? She wasn't sure what that was about, and it frightened her to think about it. But she supposed she'd find out soon enough...

[Edited on 1/8/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Awwww :) Does this mean Teej and Remy are getting along? And baby Johnny is so cute!!

Awesome instance guys :) Really looking forward to where this is going.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I'll be laughing if those two get back together. The dramallama sits and waits to pounce on that moment