8/6 Instance: A Well-Hatched Plan

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined around Sept. 12-13.

Lorna: Lorna cleared a spot on the kitchen table, setting her egg carrier down and putting fragile little Egglentine in before unloading the box of hair dye and towels from her arms. "Stay there now, don't crack. Mommy's going to play at being a beautician."

Bobby: Bobby didn't bother hiding his snicker and patted the egg on its 'head.' "I think mommy might be the one that's a little cracked," he mock-whispered and snapped up the box of dye to look at it suspiciously.

Bobby: "Aren't people supposed to be licensed to be beauticians?"

Lorna: "What? Do you think I can make your hair worse?" Lorna grinned, teasing and poking Bobby with the hair dye box.

Lorna: "Don't worry. If I burn your hair all off I'll buy you a wig." Lorna gave him a quick kiss before slipping over to the sink. "Where's your egg anyway?"

Bobby: "Hmm. Jay says I couldn't pull off being bald," he said, sneaking up behind her to set his chin on her shoulder as she fiddled with the dye. "I dunno, I might make a good Lex Luthor."

Bobby: "Oh, Benedict?" He fished the egg out of his pocket and held it in front of her nose. "He's just chillin.' Or not, since he's not refrigerated, which is kinda gross when you think about it."

Lorna: "Yeah...true." Lorna looked over his egg, deciding it was whole for now. "Sure the pocket's the best place for him?"

Bobby: "Sure, why not?" He leaned against the sink beside her and flipped the egg a few times from hand to hand. "It's boiled, and my mom used to throw boiled eggs in my vintage metal lunch box. Never a crack. Pocket's softer than that."

Lorna: "...You boiled it." Lorna raised an eyebrow. "Don’t you think Annie will notice you boiled your fake kid?"

Bobby: "Hey, I thought it was more hygienic. Hygiene's important in raising kids, right?" He grinned.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help but laugh. "So's not putting them on the stove."

Lorna: Once Lorna was able to quit giggling she gave Bobby a mock angry look. "Are you saying Egglentine's dirty?"

Bobby: "'Kay, I'll give you the one with the stove, but I learned a long time ago not to boil an egg in the microwave."

Bobby: He put both hands up in surrender, Benedict tipping a little in his grip. "Nooo, ma'am. You're a good egg mommy, ma'am. I'm sure she's the cleanest egg in the school."

Lorna: Lorna shook her head, "I admit when she first passed them out I considered making an egg parachute. Now put Benedict away and let's get that hair taken care of, baby cooker."

Lorna: Lorna cracked open the box of hair dye and put on the cheap plastic gloves. "This look about right to you?"

Bobby: "I think egg parachutes would be an eggsellent idea," he deadpanned, flipping the egg one more time before parking him next to his 'sister.'

Bobby: He looked at the picture on the box, running a hand through his own hair. The pink had faded, but not nearly enough. "I guess. My hair's that weird brown blond thing anyways..." He shrugged, then winked. "I still think green would be fun."

Lorna: "Eggactly." Lorna responded shaking her head. The way Bobby handled that egg it would be a special needs child by now.

Lorna: "Maybe next time. As it is I'm afraid it'll turn a different color if we went for it." Lorna smirked and pulled a chair up in front of the sink. "Have a seat." Lorna picked up one of the towels, twirling it dangerously.

Bobby: "It can do that?" He wrinkled his nose a little, regarding the chair and the mistress of the dye.

Bobby: "Oh. If it can do that to my hair... I guess it's not good for the shirt either." He stripped off his t-shirt and smirked at her a little before sitting down. "I'm all yours. Be gentle."

Lorna: Lorna smirked slightly wickedly and snapped the towel at the side of his leg. "I suppose if you say so." Lorna put the towel around his neck, making sure it tucked in alright.

Lorna: "And I've dyed hair before. Haven't screwed it up...much." Lorna smirked again, turning on the water and the sink-hose.

Bobby: "Aww, so I'm not your first?" He tipped his head back against the sink to watch her upside down. "Much? That's not very reassuring."

Lorna: "You don't trust me?" Lorna asked in the sweetest voice she could muster before squirting him with the water.

Bobby: "Of course --" He lost the rest of his statement in a spray of water to the face and jumped up, shaking the water off like a moppy dog.

Bobby: "Well, I don't now...." he pouted a little.

Lorna: "Aww, come here Sweetcheeks and let's get that pink out now. I promise I won't spray you again." Lorna patted the back of the chair, swallowing her grin and keeping her innocent demeanor.

Lorna: "You'll look fabulous. Howlett might even forgive you so he can have eyecandy."

Bobby: "I dunno... you have a glint...." Bobby retained his pout until he was back at the chair and poised to sit, then he grabbed Lorna around the waist and pulled her down in his lap.

Bobby: He gave her a kiss and then helpfully plopped his wet head against her shoulder. "I think he likes the pink."

Lorna: "Hmm, well in that case we have to dye it back to protect you from him. He might try to steal you away with promises of glam and mai tais." Lorna leaned back so she could see his face. "Unless of course you like the pink."

Lorna: Lorna smirked and made herself comfortable where she was. "I could always go to the store and get more pink."

Bobby: Bobby made a slight choking sound. "Noooo, that's okay. As it is I don't think he sees me as enough of a threat anymore with the new freshmen around corrupting his lambchop. Damnit."

Bobby: He watched her hide her smile at his babbling. It was good to have her back, he decided, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Lorna: "Yeah, noticed there seems to be some interesting new students." Lorna nodded and picked up her hose again, getting to work on the hair.

Lorna: "Although my roommate hasn't been in much...think she's spending most of her time with another freshman."

Bobby: "Hmm. Yeah, I haven't seen much of her either. Jay's cool. He's like a valley dude, without the valley.... I think. I'm not sure where he's from..."

Bobby: He closed his eyes, leaning his head back into the sink to let her fuss with his hair. He was seeing the advantages in having her do this for him... especially while she was parked in his lap. He cracked an eye to watch her.

Lorna: Lorna lathered his hair up, glancing down at him after a while. "Comfortable?" Lorna gave him a sideways grin, breaking the dye open.

Bobby: "Mmmhmm." You have no idea, he thought, sliding his arms around her waist. "I think I might be regaining my trust."

Lorna: "Well good. I might need to move to see what I'm doing though." Lorna had a slight glint in her eye again, having some idea.

Bobby: "Meh, seeing is overrated," he grinned. "I couldn't see a thing when the Sith Sisters did this to me. I'm never showering in the dark again."

Lorna: "Well I don't think you want me to leave pink patches, do you?"

Bobby: He shrugged, letting his hand run up her side, tickling a little. "Never know, could start a whole new craze."

Lorna: Lorna giggled from the tickling. "Now you should be letting me concentrate." Lorna smirked, deciding to move up to where she could see better so she moved her leg over to the other side and leaned up to see the top of his head.

Bobby: Bobby swallowed hard, almost afraid to move and break this nice, nice spell.... except now he could rest his hands on her hips. Can't pass that up. "Think those dye fumes're making me a little woozy."

Lorna: "Really?" Lorna answered back in her innocent voice. "Well I'll go as fast as I can. Don't want you getting sick from this."

Bobby: D'oh! "Now, now... I don't want to interfere with your professional pride as a beautician... take all the time you need."

Lorna: Lorna laughed, this was almost too much fun. "Aye, aye, Sweetcheeks. I'll work my art."

Bobby: Laughter caused bouncing, he noted. Bouncing not far in front of his nose. Part of his brain registered her tone. "Oh, you are working it, Pippi. Ya're a right saucy one today."

Lorna: Lorna fought to not snort at that as she laughed. "Well in any case I think I've managed to get the dye in. I guess it'll have to settle now."

Bobby: "I think you need to settle then too." Bobby applied a little pressure to her hips to get her to sit, then gave her a wicked grin of his own. "Well, fancy meeting you here..."

Lorna: "Yeah, fancy that." Lorna reached her hand up and fixed the last of Bobby's impromptu faux-hawk.

Bobby: He could feel her doing something up there, and knew it wasn't good. "I look real sexy right now, don't I?"

Lorna: Lorna's valiant effort to keep a straight face crumbled but she managed to giggle out a reply. "Oh you always look sexy, Sweetcheeks. I just don't think you should go hardcore punk anytime soon."

Bobby: "Yeah, probably not..." He brought up his hand to brush her cheek, cocking his head to just watch her. "You're gorgeous, you know... when you laugh like that."

Lorna: Lorna could feel herself blush but she smiled again. "Well good thing you're good at making me laugh then."

Bobby: "Seems to be my one true talent." That, and making her upset telling her about the first incident with Nikki. But he couldn't do that to her again. Not with her smiling like that...

Bobby: Maybe she never needed to know. Seemed reasonable enough. Hand trailing to her hair, he kissed her.

Lorna: Lorna simply relaxed and enjoyed the kissing, not noticing any outside signs of guilt. "Let me know when that stuff starts to tingle and we'll rinse it out." Lorna remembered to tell him lazily between kissing.

Bobby: "Oh, I'm noticing tingling..." Bobby replied, pulling her closer. After a few minutes more he registered another sensation that wasn't so pleasant. He broke off the kiss. "Hey.... is it supposed to burn like that?"

Lorna: "Gah, hell." Lorna grabbed the hose and tried to get it out quickly. Please don't fall out hair, please don't fall out.

Bobby: "Oof!" He was squished against the sink as she rinsed and repeated. Shifting to breathe, he started to worry. "Soooo.... is it cool.... or do I need to build a Fortress of Balditude?"

Lorna: "Well...nothing's coming off. Might just be a bit darker than I meant to make it though." Lorna seemed to realize that she might be smothering him and backed away from the sink. "Has it stopped burning?"

Bobby: "It's all good - no burning." He arched an eyebrow and sat up, yanking the mostly sodden and completely ruined towel from around his neck and attempting to dry himself off and remove the crick from his neck.

Lorna: Lorna went to rinsing the rest of the dye and gunk down the sink. "So, what are you doing for retaliation anyway?"

Bobby: "Um..." He gave up on the towel as beyond hope and trashed it, running both hands over his head... well, he felt hair. He stooped a little to try to see himself in the reflective surface of the oven door. "I suppose the jet's too big to take apart and reassemble in Lizzie's bedroom."

Lorna: "Just a tad...you could do something to the Jammie Dodgers." Lorna turned to face him.

Lorna: "Hit them where it hurts. Laxatives are always a classic."

Bobby: Bobby straightened up and went back over to her. "You, are eeevil!" He plucked the stained gloves from her hands and tossed them in the sink.

Bobby: "I knew there was a reason I loved you," he said, draping his arms around her. "Buuuut, I think I'd meet the business end of the mind knife of doom for that..."

Lorna: "Aww, now if I were evil I would have suggested adding some dye to join the laxative on the way out." Lorna happily plopped her arms around his waist. "Which I guess I just did. You should avoid the mind knife of doom though. Wouldn't want you going catatonic on me."

Bobby: He winced, chuckling at the dye. Wow. "Catatonic, or on fire, since Lizzie lives with wingy the dragon. I'm thinking the best strategy might be to figure out something away from her room...."

Lorna: "Maybe you should even wait until she visits England next." Lorna chuckled.

Bobby: "Hmmmm." He started swaying the two of them to some imaginary music. "I never shouldda agreed to the no powers thing. I'm better at freezing plumbing, not my fault she has her pink mind powers...."

Bobby: A grin lit his face as he got a bright, bright idea.

[Edited on 7-8-2007 by Slarti]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

HAHAHAHA. OMG. So many good parts you can't count them all.

And mooshy gooshy goodness too!

Awesome work you two, as always.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

:clap
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Reading this was quite the eggsperience.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Wingy the Dragon. I laughed so hard at that one I made the dog bark.

Awesome job you guys, very nice to see these two in action again :D
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Not the Jammie Dodgers! :shifty
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Poor Bobby.

But you two are the perfect Nerd Match Made in Heaven TM ;)
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro