8/7 Instance: Old Times Sake.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

8/7 Instance: Old Times Sake.

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline the day after Mangez Trois, thanks.

Lizzie brought the tray over to their table, swerving around the closely packed tables and shooting a dirty look at a guy who was checking her out. She so was going to insure her arse.

Putting the tray down with a small bump she grinned at Remy. "Coffee, served up like the Black Lagoon. God only knows how you can drink that!" she scoffed and retrived her tea cup and pot, daintily pouring herself some.

"Merci." He took a sip, lightly scalding his tongue. "Wakes y' up."

He gave her a grin. "Y' know if y' try an' hide it, dey jus' look more, oui?"

"Well I don't see how I can hide it in these jeans. I suppose one must become resigned to such things," she snorted as she stirred her tea and gestured to the large slab of cake that was left on the tray and the two forks. "Dig in."

He picked up his own fork. "Non, y' can't. So y' might as well jus' grin an' enjoy it." He winked. "I do."

Laughing she twirled her fork between her fingers. "Oh I bet. It can just be annoying sometimes, y'know? To get just...gawped at." Licking her fork she thought for a moment. "I mean, well, it comes with the job I suppose, but all jobs have annoying features."

He shrugged. "I don' really care. I mean, if someone's watchin' my ass, no harm done. Kinda a compliment in a way." He looked at her thoughtfully. "'Less Warren gives y' a hard time about it."

"No, but I like me to be all for him," she nodded. "I just...want to be all his, y'know?"

"Well...I can get dat wit' d' touchin'...but lookin'? Y're a pretty girl, petite. An' y' pose for magasines." He chuckled again. "D' I really need t' tell y' what young boys will be doin' wit' dem pictures?"

"It just makes me blush a little, that's all," she propped her chin on her hand. "And not the thought of what the kids are doing with the mags. And...I haven't done any nude pictures so yeah, I'd ask you to enlighten me as to why but if I thought about it I probably don't need you to."

"It's just probably because I'm a telepath...I can get stray thoughts now and then that say that the starers would quite like to look, thank you please."

"Ah. Y' can't block all dat? I mean...Dieu, I know deres things dat can make mine drop, but for d' rest of d' time?" He knocked on his forehead. "Tight as a virgin in a chasity belt. Ain't nothin' gettin' through dere."

He took another swallow of coffee. "Warren an' y' have a good summer?"

"Some of it, most of it I can block. Just the occasional thought now and then. It's nothing major. Just breaks my brain now and then," she took a sip of tea.

"It was good. Weird, at times, but good."

"Weird? How so?" He took another bite of cake. "I'm glad dat y' two got a chance t' get away though. Y' should use it like a prescription."

"Oh, the stuff with my family, my inheritance things, my title, my mother almost being friendly, breaking Scott and Angel into Wimbledon...Take your pick"!

He snorted. "Ah well. Things seem t' always be crazy neh? Think it comes wit' d' genes."

"Scott an' Angel. Dat's somethin' neh? Dey seem pretty damn happy." He thought of something. "Oh. Merde. Y' don' even know."

"Y'll never guess. I tracked down a new relative."
"Yeah, they're made for each other," she grinned before frowning a little. "Yeah? That good or bad?"

"Dunno yet. It was a bit of a shock." He gave her a goofy grin. "It's Scott."

She snorted a mouthful of tea and coughed a little before looking up at him. "Seriously? How?! Hah! Well you two always fought like you were related back in first year."

He laughed. "Oui. Well. Its a damn good thing Scotty's such a damn prude."

Squeezing her eyes shut, Lizzie shook her head. "Thanks. Just what I want to imagine!"

"So, how was your summer? Unlike any other, I bet."

"Oui. Well. Lotsa flyin' dats for sure. It's a helluva lot better jus' bein' in d' same town an' home wit' him."

"I finally feel like I'm goin' somewhere wit' him."

Smiling, she stole another morsel of cake. "Yeah...It must be nice to be able to have him that much closer."

"He's growing really fast. I noticed from seeing him back just before summer."

"Oui. Suppose it won't be long till he's walkin'. An' dis whole thing is workin out better than I thought. TJ seems pretty ok wit' bein' back."

"Yeah...It's nice to have her around again ad not have to rely on myspace to talk to her all the time," Lizzie fiddled with her fork. "She didn't seem too happy when we had to go running the other week though, she went back in after a few minutes."

"Oui." He sighed and shook his head. "What a mess, dere. Y' know how she is. She says she can't an' dats dat."

He put his fork down and folded his arms on the table. "I wish she'd get more confident dat way. Would do her some good."

"Definately. But it's just...how to do it without pushing her too hard." Scraping at the messy blob of cake, she bit her lip and looked back up. "But, she has to just figure it out."

"I know." He shrugged. "What can y' do?"

He tipped his chair back. "So, dis is our third year. Can y' believe it? Seems crazy, non?"

"Oooh hell don't even start that!" she winced slightly. "I can barely believe I made three months in this place sometimes! It just doesn't feel like that long at all."

"But it is. What y' plannin' t' do afterwards?"

"Well...Me and Warren're going to move to England," she smiled a little shyly. "We want to live near the beach..."

"I have more than enough money so I wouldn't even need to work if I couldn't find anything I'd want to do, but we're still talking about it."

"Sounds great." He nodded. "Y' two would be nice jus' putterin' around wit' dat, neh?"

Sitting back, she blushed a little, playing with her hair. "Yeah. It's nice to have something to plan for, you know? Something meaningful."

"Dat it is. Y' plannin' on kids? Or not so much?"

Lizzie shifted a little. "No. Well, we sort of talked about it and we both think we wouldn't be good parents. Of course Warren thinks I'd be fine and I think he'd be fine, but...It's a little hard."

"I have a lot of things I wouldn't want to pass on to a child, I know for sure...I'm not really a kid person to be honest."

"Fair enough. Never thought I'd be a papa either." He raised a brow. "So keep dat in mind. Double bag, girl."

"Oh, we do. Annie never has to worry about us. I'm quite meticulous about birth control."

"But yeah...The thought of a small child running at me squealing 'Mummy!' is actually quite scary."

"Well. Somethin' kinda sweet about d' picture of y' an' Warren jus' sittin' hand in hand on d' beach as old folks, neh?"

He checked his watch. "Got t' watch Johnny soon."

Her face fell slightly. "Yeah. It'd be nice to get there..." Finishing her tea, she set the cup and sacuer back on the tray. "Want the last of the cake?"

"Non. Y' go for it." He smiled. "Was nice gettin' t' talk t' y'. Missed y' guys over d' summer. Gonna be weird when we're done."

"Well, we still have two more years. And it's not like we'd never ever see each other again."

Leaning forward she took a final bite of the cake before putting her fork down. "You'll see."

"Oui." He stood up and held his hand out for her. "Y' wanna ride shotgun or drive on d' way back?"

"Well I never say no to driving," she got up, lightly taking hold of his hand. "But it's up to you though."

He dropped the keys in her hand. "Y' go for it. Dat way I can sit back an' just watch y're ass." He teased.

Closing her hand around the keys she smirked. "Oh I bet you do. And at this rate you'll be hitchhiking," she gave his cheek a freindly pat and led the way out of the coffee shop with a delberate swagger.