8/5 - Instance "Wedding bells and Pillow Talk"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

8/5 - Instance "Wedding bells and Pillow Talk"

Post by JSherlock »

Summers: Scott growled after he'd hung up from a conferenced call with his aunt and mother, and threw the object that was to hand - one of Angel's shoes - against the wall. "Fucking hell, mom. I don't want to discuss fucking groomsmen. Or flowers, or what I'm wearing to match Angel!" I should never have proposed. This is insane. His cell phone rang, this time, it was Isabella. He threw the phone into the bathroom where it clattered against the sink cabinet. "NO! I don't want to discuss children, merda!"

Angel: Angel opened their bedroom door just in time to see the phone fly across the room. "Allora, don't let little 'Betta hear you say that!" She set her books and the colorful little egg onto the desk, then dropped onto the bed, looking at him questioningly.

Summers: "Bah." He flooped back and rolled over to stare at the ceiling. "I just got three hours of wedding shit from mom and aunt Sarah. If that thing rings again, I'm going to stomp it," he snapped.

Summers: "It's not that complicated, is it? To plan a wedding. Pick our favorite flowers, get everyone in their Sunday best and be done with it. Big -assed potluck, and no fuss? Or do you want the big shindig?" He gave her hand a kiss, in apology for snarling. "We haven't even set a date. Or so mom remind sme every time she calls."

Angel: "Three hours?" She rolled to face him. "Spiacente, Tesoro." She bit her lip, reaching over to play with his hair.

Angel: "You know, my family, they want the whole big thing." She winced a little, watching his expression. "In a way, it's like every girl's dream ta have a big white wedding." She shrugged one shoulder.

Summers: "And so I have to be part of the planning?" He made a 'fuck that' hand motion in the air. "Just tell me what to wear, where to show up and what time. And I'll be there." He paused. "So, you do want the big white wedding." He grinned. "Actually, it would be ivory in your case, since you're not a virgin. Or so sayeth Isabetta however obliquely."

Angel: "Aww, but you don't want to be part of the planning? It's kind of nice to get to do all that stuff tagether." Angel made a face. "Oh does she? Well I don't think her ass is gonna be wearin' white at her wedding either, yo!"

Summers: Scott grinned. "Sure I do, I want to be a part of it. But they're taking it way above what it needs to be. It's just not complicated. Can't we just elope or something? Go to Vegas?" He sighed. "What do you want, anyway? I want plain and simple, with family and close family-freinds. Preferably outside on a nice sunny day."

Angel: Angel sighed and snuggled into him. "Si, they are being pretty nuts about all'a this. Alex called me wanting to pin down a date ... like six times in the last three days."

Angel: "I didn't even know what ta say. It's like, if we don't tell 'em the date, then we don't have ta do all this planning..." She sat up a little to look at his face. "What's wrong with Vegas?"

Summers: Scott looked at her. "You really want to get married in some seedy fake chapel thing, with an outrageous priest? I mean, gambling for a honeymoon...fuuuuuuck. That too." He closed his eyes, and thought hard. "I want to go to Hawaii." He looked at her, for a minute then said, "well, if we do pin down a date, it gives us some leeway. We don't necessarily have to tell anyone else."

Angel: "Aww, but what if my ultimate dream wedding was to be married by an Elvis impersonator in a hot pink chapel?" She pouted artfully and flopped back onto the bed, resettling her wings. "Ooo. Hawaii would be nice. I think that's more a honeymoon destination though."

Angel: A thought occurred. "Oh, dio, I just realized, now with Remy... are your folks gonna want to invite his whole family? Like, his uncle and everybody?"

Summers: "Christ. I haven't even told them. I was going to break it to them over Thanksgiving...but...I'm sure, if they like Remy, and Jean-luc and Mercy and Henri, and TJ and Johnny and her parents...they're all going to be invited. Because that's what my family does." He ran his fingers through his hair, and sat up to look at Angel. "So, that's settled. Hawaiian honeymoon. Good. One less thing to worry about." He threw a pillow at the phone as it rang. "Maybe I should announce that to mollify whoever it is. And not tell them about Vegas." He winked.

Angel: "You haven't told them?" She clucked her tongue. "Keepin' secrets, plottin' Vegas weddings...." She sighed. "Y'know, both our families'd kill us if we really eloped. My family might really threaten to kill us."

Angel: Ignoring the phone as well, she reached over him and grabbed a bridal magazine, flipping pages. "I'm afraid we're resigned ta their whims, especially since Nonno is footin' most of the bill."

Summers: "Oh, shit, I forgot. Yeah. I want in the family, not buried." He lay back down and looked through it too. "My dad thinks that side of the family's dead, so telling him is going to be tricky. Where do you want it? Most of my family isn't rich, and they can't afford to leave the ranch for very long." Pulled another magazine up from the pile on the floor, and looked through it.

Summers: "I'm only moneybags because of tennis, and that's a limited supply. Maybe have it in between? Unless Nonno wants to fly everyone over in that private jet of his. Oh - that's a pretty dress." He pointed to plainly designed one with elaborate beading.

Angel: Angel leaned over to look at it. "Ah! Bellisima! Allora, I bet he'd fly some folks over, so that might be a sneaky way ta cut down on the guest list, si?" She grinned at him wickedly and winked. "We can fight fire with fire there."

Angel: She flipped another few pages, pointing out an elaborate tux with tails for him and watching him make a face. "So.... it still seems to surreal that you two are family. It's like me findin' out Liz and I realy are sisters or somethin.' I looked through the photo albums, and it's almost obvious now... I mean, there is a resemblance in your dad and grandpa and stuff..."

Summers: "Ooooh...hm. Well, damn. That puts me in a tough position - who goes and doesn't?" He put a post-it on the page. "That's 50 dresses you like. Pick one, please. Soon." He looked over to the one Angel was pointing at. "I will not wear that monstrosity. I'm having something clean and simple. So, it's all up to you to go crazy with the dress. I was thinking maybe here? Well, not at the school but half way between Nebraska and Italy?"

Angel: She lightly smacked his arm. "Hey, you know I ain't so bad. Paige's got a couple hundred possibilities, and a notebook. And you know you'd look incredibly hot in that."
Angel: "Here?" Angel almost gaped, but then thought about it. "Si, that's not such a bad idea." She nodded. "We'd have plenty of back up for when things get crazy, 'cause ya just know they will."

Summers: "Paige is a bit obssesive, I'll give you that. But I'm still not wearing that thing. I have a tux, and all I need is a new vest and tie. I'll get them to match your dress." He tossed the magazine aside. "So, next year, sometime in the spring, closer to summer, we assemble the our family here, and we have a wedding. Sounds good?"

Angel: Angel nodded. "I think that's doable. I also think you need a blue vest, to match your pretty eyes." She batted her lashes. "Now. Who gets ta break the news to the wedding planners?"

Summers: He blinked, as what Angel said processed through his brain. "Uh...wow. Okay, cool. I will. And no, it has to match your dress. Or mom will kill me. She made Chris match Megan, so she'll make me, and he's nearly thirty, I'm not even twenty-one..." he trailed off, saying it like that made him feel really young. "Anyway, we can let the planners hash it out."

Angel: "Si, nothing would make them happier." She put her own magazine down and leaned over to give him a kiss. "In fact, I think we should just let them have at it. Honestly, they can get themselves so worked up, and get so into it, that they might just forget about us completely."

Summers: "Mmmm...I like that idea." He pulled her to him, throwing another pillow at the phone as it rang. "What say you, my fair lady that we forget about the wedding for the nonce and enjoy each other's company?"

[Edited on 12/8/2007 by JSherlock]
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro