8/22 Instance: Ssssh, We're Hunting Rabbits.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline the day after Greatest of Ease

Kyle crawled lower. The scent was coming straight at him. Good. He moved more to the side and got behind a tree and stole a glance. In the distance he spotted it.

Creeping low to the ground behind a bush, Laura peeked her head out and spotted the new boy and giggled to herself. He was cuuuuute, she thought, and quickly ducked back down, stealthily sneaking after himsome more.

The rabbit wasn't aware of him. He moved closer, making sure not to make any sound, pushing away dry leaves and crawling over twigs. He was getting closer and the rabbit was still busy eating on it's own.

Oh...He liked rabbits too! Laura grinned even wider and ducked behind a tree next to him and peered around the trunk, watching him intently. It was so cool to havesomeone like...her at the school. He wouldn't tease her about being little or young looking or hyper...Oh, she blushed, he wasn't wearing a shirt either...

He thought he heard a sound on his side, but didn't see anything move when he glanced. He looked back at the prey. It's still busy. Kyle hadn't done this in a long time, and it felt so nice to finally catch something. The rabbit moved to a better spot for food, and Kyle crawled closer as the rabbit moved.

Going down on to almost her stomach, Laura crawled under the bushes, shaking her hair free of a branch and watched, not sure if she was now more interested in the rabbit or Kyle...

Kyle was now sure there was something else close by. He looked back to where he heard somthing. Pink wasn't something you normally see in the woods. Was that Laura? Kyle grinned and smiled at her. He looked back to where the rabbit supposed to be, but it moved again. He sniffed for the scent, trying to figure out which way it went.

Gasping she ducked back a bit. Oh now he was gonna think she was weird! Laura took a deep breath, then thought that well, she might as well go out and say hi now or something....Moving slow, in case the rabbit was still close, she crept out and knelt down near to him and gave a shy little wave.

Kyle looked back at her waving. He smiled again, and pushed himself to crouch and sit on his feet. He then tapped his nose, made bunny ears with his hands and pointed towards where he though the rabbit went. He pointed to her then to himself giving a quizzical look, as if he was asking her to join.

At the bunny gesture, Laura nodded and inclined her head to where she thought it had gone, then sort of sidled over next to him.

Kyle grinned as she nodded and came closer to him. She hadn't made any noise as she moved. He liked her. He turned his attention back to where the rabbit was, slowly crawling closer.

He spotted it again. It turned and saw him, and sped off away from them.

Laura looked at Kyle, grinned toothily then sped silently off after the rabbit over the ground, keeping it well in her sights.

Kyle followed her, slowly catching up to her. He then jumped and went for the trees, trying to get a better view of the rabbit running on the ground.

He jumped from tree to tree, watching Laura keeping on the rabbits tracks, then it made a sharp turn when she got very close. The rabbit ducked in between a bunch of rocks and old rotten tree stumps.

Laura almost skidded on the gorund, then pounced up so she was on top of the pile of rocks and trunks, clearing it in another bound as the rabbit shot out of the other end and dashed through her legs.

Sighing, she pushed her hair out of her eyes and loped off after it, looking over her shoulder at Kyle as if to say 'you coming or what?'.

Kyle rolled his eyes and jumped from tree to tree, getting closer to the ground, closer where Laura was, on the rabbit's trail.

The rabbits so close now, and he tried his luck and dived for it, claws out for it, but the split second before he made contact, the rabbit changed course. Kyle made a surprised face as he saw a trunk appear where the rabbit was supposed to have gone. He hit it quite hard, but was on all fours before he lost another second of the chase.

Barely looking back, Laura followed the rabbit, having nimbly changed direction rather than being smacked by the tree. Like her nose would heal but blood would totally ruin her shirt.

But....Slowing down, she waited for a second for him to catch up so he was running next to her and followed the rabbit's scent through a maze of bushes. This was SO much more fun than chasing rabbits alone!

The bushes wasn't helping with the hunt. It was hard getting through the thicker ones to follow the rabbit. Kyle waved to Laura, then pointed to her and then to the bushes, making around gestures, then pointing to himself and the bushes again, but the other way around. He crawled off to the left side, keeping the rabbit's scent on his right.

Nodding, she watched him crawl off, then slinked around on the right side. Total teamwork! She sniffed out the rabbit on her left side and she could smell Kyle just beyond the rabbit...

Kyle moved further, making sure he was upwind. He spotted the rabbit, slowly moving around, smelling the air. Kyle got a little closer, making sure he made noise as he crawled around the edge of the one bush between them. The rabbit finally caught on and sped off away from him, towards Laura.

Laura tensed, then pounced at the rabbit, pinning it down with her hands. Gently, she moved one hand to pat the rabbit on the head. It wriggled in her hands and scratched it's way free, tearing off again.

Laura groaned and rolled over, kicking up clumps of dirt as she continued the pursuit.

He came up from the other side of the bushes, wanting to see if Laura got it. He was surprised as the rabbit sped by his feet. He turned and crouched low, and was about to jump for it when something tripped over him.

Kyle was lying on the ground with Laura on top of him. He looked up for the rabbit, but it was gone. He sighed.

Blushing, Laura quickly rolled off and plopped into a sitting position next to Kyle and crossed her legs, rubbing her elbow that had a healing gash on it.

Kyle saw her gash healing, then smiled. He lifted his hand and showed the scratches he had on the palms that was also disappearing.

Watching curiously, she leant forward. She was used to Daddy healing and herself healing and she'd heard that Vic could heal really good too, but it was still kinda odd to see people actually doing it, right infront of her.

Though...Healing didn't make the blood vanish, the thought with a grimace as she looked at his chest that was spattered with his dried blood and passed him a hanky.

He took it and looked down at himself where she pointed. He licked the cloth and wiped the blood off from his chest, then wiped his hands clean. He looked at the hanky. It used to be white, with pink flowers stitched into it. It was now pink with red flowers. There were letters too. L. M. C. H. F. He held it back to her and pointed to the letters quizzically.

Quickly, Laura held her hand out and pushed the hanky back to him. "Uhh. My name. Laura Melissa Candice Howlett-Fitzgerald."

"Oh, okay." he said. his stomach growled. "Uhh, I think I'm hungry. I'm going to back in, wanna come?"

He stood up and pushed the hankerchief in his back pocket.

Laura nodded and stood up, skipping lightly along the path back to the school. Yep. She was hunnnngry. Chasing rabbits always made her peckish.

As they walked back to the mansion, he kept stealing glances at her. "You're good at hunting. But I wouldn't have let her get away."

"Thanks," she beamed. "And...Well. I let her go cause then I can chase her another day!"

"Like tomorrow? After classes? Starting at the entrance of the woods? Where the path begins?" He asked, hoping she would agree.

Giggling, she chewed her thunbnail. "Okay...Cool! Like...If you meet my Daddy, don't say. He doesn't like me being around boys."

He nodded with a grin. " 'Kay" he said.

Laura giggled harder and ran off for the house.

Kyle sped off behind her, trying to catch up.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Awwww! That was too adorable you guys! AWESOME choice of no dialogue at first. Really really helped to set a mood of chasing!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

D'Awww! Those two are so adorable. I love it! :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

That's so cute :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone