8/22 Instance: Old Ruins and New Loves.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Happens two days after Never Will I Ever Remember What I Said

Cessily: Cessily had taken Tessa by the hand, dragging her down the corridor towards the large door. "I tell you, it's something that you just have to see for yourself:" She told her excitedly. "I couldn't believe it the first time I've been here. It's sooo awesome!"

sage: Tessa laughed at Cessily's enthusiasm, half running down the hall to keep up. "I can't wait! It sounds so cool!" She could barely hold on to her wits. There was always something more she hadn't seen here...yet.

Cessily: "Oh, it is cool! You can do basically anything in there. Whatever you can imagine." She stopped in front of the door just long enough to push the button, pulling Tessa into the huge empty room as soon as the door had opened a bit. "There we go."

sage: Tessa's smile remained on her face when the door opened, though it took a confused edge. She slid her eyes over to Cessily, one brow raised. "It's an...empty room. Big empty room, too." There had to be some trick to this.

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Heh, that's the exact same thing I thought when I first came here. Just wait and see. You'll be stunned!" She let go of her hand, stepped over to the console by the wall and mashed a few buttons, tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth. "Ok... let's see..."

Cessily: "Ok, just to start this thing off..." She hit a few more buttons. A buzzing sound could be heard through the walls, but it quickly died down again. The air started to flicker around them and the next moment they stood within an endless field of wavy corn under a clear blue sky.

sage: Tessa's mouth formed a silent 'O'. It looked so real! She reached out to touch an ear of corn, and was surprised that it didn't flicker like a hologram. "It's real..." She couldn't contain her awe, sending a look at Cessily that clearly said she was amazing.

Cessily: Cessily smiled back at Tessa, feeling happy that she liked it so much. "See, told you it would be stunning. I felt the same way back then." Her smile widened to a grin. "But you have seen nothing yet!" Cessily made a little jump and twirled around, back to the console behind her.

Cessily: "It can do almost anything, as long as someone programmed it. What would you like to see?" She asked, looking over her shoulder. "I have my favourite programs... like a wonderful forest, or a nice zoo, or that safari program with all the wild animals." She pondered a moment. "Hmm... "

Cessily: "I could also try to find something from Greece." She smiled at Tessa. "In case you'd like to see something from your home."

sage: "Oh, that would be perfect! Do you think anyone has put that in there?" Seeing her home again excited Tessa. She could finally show someone how beautiful it was.

Cessily: "Let me try..." Cessily searched through the available programs. "I'm sure it has some of the more well know sights available. Ahh... this looks promising." She selected a program. Another buzzing sound, anther flicker in the air and the cornfield vanished, only to be replaced by a perfect copy of the ancient ruins of Knossos on Crete, including the chirping cicadas. "How about this?"

sage: Tessa whirled about, looking all around her. Crete, and the old remnants of Knossos... "Oh wow...this is amazing." She went and enveloped Cessily in a hug, her thanks coming out as a muted mumble against her shoulder where Tessa's head was.

sage: She raised her head up and tried to blink her eyes, clearing the watery blur. She wouldn't cry in front of anyone here. It's been long enough, I won't cry... She kept telling herself that as she tried, and failed, to hold them back.

Cessily: "Why, you're welcome." Cessily returned the hug, delighted by her joy. She's so lovely... "I'm glad you like it." She looked at Tessa and saw the tears in her eyes "Oh... no, it's alright." She gave her a comforting smile, then held her close again, putting a hand on her head. "It's alright." Tessa's emotions moved Cessily as well, and she felt a tear appearing in the corner of her own eyes.

sage: "I-I know, it's fine. It's just been a while." Tessa took a hitching breath, wiping her fingers under her eyes. "The ruins at Knossos just...it was the last place my father took us all before he died." She swalloed against the hard lump in her throat. Tessa hated this, hated crying above all else.

Cessily: "Oh... I'm so sorry." Cessily's face dropped. "Really, I'm sorry. Had I known about that I..." Her voice trailed off. She put a hand on Tessa's shoulder and smiled. "Shall I load something else? I'm sure there are other places from Greece in the memory. I think I saw the harbour of Rhodes when I looked through it."

sage: "No, it's...it's fine. I've always liked Crete. It's so old, and so pretty." Tessa sighed and sat, leaned back against what used to be a pillar. It was just the height to let her head tilt all the way backwards, affording her a pretty view of the sky, a clear blue bowl with no clouds to interrupt it. She sighed lightly.

sage: "I didn't mean to do that to you. I'm sorry." Tessa found herself wishing she hadn't said anything about it.

Cessily: Cessily flopped down beside Tessa, sitting cross-legged on the ground. "Do what to me?" She smiled again. "No need to worry, really. There's nothing wrong with crying for a loved one." She played with a few nearby blades of grass. "Don't feel bad about it."

Cessily: "Showing our emotions is a good thing." Cessily chuckled. "I do it all the time."

sage: Tessa tried a weak smile, reaching to play with her necklace under her shirt. A thought occurred to Tessa, and she smiled harder, and began to giggle.

sage: She's going to think I'm crazy, acting like this...

Cessily: Cessily raised her eyebrows and put on a puzzled expression. "What is it?" She asked, giving a goofy grin. "Did I say something stupid? If so, I'm sorry, and you better get used to it. I do that kinda often."

sage: Tessa laughed. "No, it's not you. I was just thinking. 'We're Catholic, guilting ourselves is what we do best'. My papa told me that when I told him about how I'd stolen my sister's necklace. She gave it to me when she got married. She showed Cessily her pendant, a silver greek cross with a little tear of emerald in the middle.

Cessily: Cessily leaned over to Tessa to have a closer look. "Oooh, that's pretty. I love it. And that's very nice of your sister. I haven't met that many catholics except Paige and Father Wagner, but I guess you're right about the guilt thing." She chuckled. "Mind you, I guilt myself enough without being very religious." She peeked up at Tessa. "Are you very devout, if you don't mind the question?"

sage: Tessa had to laugh. "Oh, I didn't have the option not to be. But I consider myself lapsed. I like to think I'd have a bit more...freedom that way." She gave Cessily a wide grin. "You know, the sex before marriage and alohol and all that."

sage: Laughing, she added, "Besides, I don't think Catholics were meant to be teenagers."

Cessily: Cessily joined in at the laughing, feeling immensely relived upon hearing this. "Oh, well, that's cool! Freedom is great. I love freedom. Yeah, really." Stop babbling weird things, Kincaid. "I mean, I absolutely respect someones faith, but I think that catholics are too hard on themselves at times. Take Paige for example."

Cessily: She gesticulated. "She's such a nice and sweet girl, but she really needs to allow herself a bit more freedom and fun sometimes." Cessily laughed, followed by a sheepish grin. "And there are... uhm... lots of wonderful things in life that catholics say are bad. I don't like to think of them as bad, you know..."

sage: Tessa arched an eyebrow. She knew perfectly well what Cessily was talking about...maybe. "Oh, I know. But life throws you curveballs, and sometimes the church doesn't like it. But it also doesn't like birth control." She rolled her eyes. "And I'm certainly not going without that."

sage: "But, you mentioned a Father here? How long has he been a priest? And why of all places did he pick here?"

Cessily: "That's a wise idea." Cessily smiled and nodded. "And yeah, Father Wagner. He teaches here. Oh, you'll meet him in the language and culture class soon." She shrugged. "I don't know, I think he's been a priest for many years now. And he was assigned here, well, because he's a mutant, too, I guess."

Cessily: "I like to believe he's meant to be here. He was supposed to be sent someplace else this semester, but an accident prevented this and now he's staying." She smiled. "And he's very nice. I like him a lot, even though I'm certainly not catholic. Probably because he's very liberal."

sage: Tessa giggled. "I'll have to see him then. Do you know what he does? For powers, I mean." She considered a moment, and tucked her tongue in her cheek, looked over at Cessily. "You know...I really like you...I know you're with Japh, but, I wanted to let you know."

Cessily: "Oh, he's a teleporter. That's pretty awesome, but can really scare you if he appears right in front of you all of a sudden. And he looks a lot like TJ, because, well, he's her biological father. From before he became a priest, I think..." Her voice trailed off as her mind processed Tessa's other words.

Cessily: Does she mean...? Could it be...? Nah... really...? Oh my god! Please let her mean what I think she means! Cessily realized she had fallen silent, staring like a deer in the headlights. Say something! "You... like... me? Really? Like... in... that kind of liking someone?" Please!Please!Please!

sage: Tessa gave her a lopsided smile, the top of her nose turning pink. "Like as in that kind of liking someone, yeah..." Dear God, please, please let her not be offended...please...

Cessily: Cessily was pretty sure her mind switched off for several seconds and that she must have sat there with the stupidest expression on her face. She likes me... Oh my God! She really does! "Wow..." Was all she could say at first. "This is... wow..." She looked down, a sheepish smile on her face, and played with her hair. "Because... you swept me off my feet the moment I met you..."

sage: Oh, thank you, God. Tessa sat waiting, holding her breath, staring at Cessily. "R--Really? I thought I'd frightened you...but, you like me too? Oh, this is too perfect!" She pulled Cess into a quick, tight hug, feeling her face grow redder.

Cessily: "Yes, I like you. A lot." She held Tessa close. so lovely... "I was just too scared to tell you. Had no idea if you'd be interested in another girl." She gave her a look and a smile. "And... don't worry about me being with Japh. We're... well, we have an open relationship."

Cessily: She bit her lip. "So... I don't know if you're fine with the idea that... well, I'm not together with one person exclusively." Please, don't let her think I'm a hussy!

sage: Tessa laughed. "As long as he doesn't sic Eany and Meany on me!" Oh, it felt like a world had lifted from her shoulders. "Who knows...maybe we'll all learn to love each other and end up in one great big happy triangle..." She slid her eyes over to Cessily along with her hand, resting it on Cess' slimmer, silver one.

Cessily: Cessily took Tessa's hand in hers and gave her long, intense look. OhWowOhWowOhWow! "I... I think right now that I'm dreaming." She told her, barely being able to contain her excitement. "You're just too good to be true. I can't believe it..." She looked down at their joined hands and laughed nervously, unsure about what to do. "Sorry... I'm so bad at this..."

sage: Tessa looked down at their twined hands, feeling a laugh come bubbling up her throat. "I'm not good at this either..." She couldn't stop the smile from glueing itself to her mouth when she glanced up. Now or never...

sage: She leaned in quickly, and gave Cess a little kiss on the corner of her mouth, then backed away to resume her previous place. She watched in anticipation for a reaction to cross Cess' face.

Cessily: Cessily could do nothing but stare for a moment. She just kissed me, right? I'm not dreaming? She felt light as a cloud as a small smile appeared on her face. Reaching up with her free hand she gently ran her fingers over Tessa's cheek and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. The excitement sent a tingling sensation down Cessily's back as she leaned over to ever so gently kiss Tessa on the lips.

sage: oh god, oh god...she kissed me back! Tessa leaned into the kiss, bringing her hand up and framing it along Cessily's jaw, pulling her a tiny bit closer. She felt so good... I hope no one has to use this place anytime soon...

Cessily: A dream... too good to be true... she's so soft... Cessily's mind was soaring through the clouds at this point, barely able to hold a coherent thought. Her hand played with Tessa's hair. She dared to reluctantly flick the tip of her tongue against Tessa's lips, hoping to not scare her with too much boldness. Please, please, please... let this never end...

sage: Tessa let the tip of Cessily's tongue flick across the edge of her lip, snaking hers out in turn to glide over the smooth, cool silver surface. The feeling left her brain blissfully clear for a half-second, until she pulled away, licking her lip and smiling. "So...what do you say you show me what other programs there are in here?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

well...clearly Cess is using Japh's moves on Tess, and it worked.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Hey, she learned from the best. ;)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

lol. now, Cess knows how Rae felt...except that didn't have the greatest ending :P