8/29 Instance: Coffee Mates

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

8/29 Instance: Coffee Mates

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline sometime after library kerfuffle
Remy: Remy pulled a chair back and sat. Dieu he was hungry. After everything, he'd not had a chance for more than a coffee at breakfast, and lunch had been put off between Johnny and work he'd had to do. He picked up his over laden sandwich that he'd made for his belated lunch, and sighed happily as he chewed. Sheer bliss.

Jay: Jay yawned as he ambled into the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge. He scratched at a wing root as he looked inside, trying to find either a cold beer, sandwich crap or maybe just something he could eat from a tub. Afternoon naps were so awesome, but it took him a while to wake up.

Remy: Remy glanced up at the first year's entry, giving him a nod until he could swallow enough to speak. "Hey. Dere's plenty of d' cold cuts left if y' want."

Jay: Jay jumped at the voice, hitting his head off a shelf with a thud. "Ow!! Sonuva-" He turned, looking at the guy who'd spoken and rubbing his head. "Oh, hey, Remy." He smiled. "There is?"

Jay: "Like, sory, dude. Didn't see you there." Hopefully Remy wouldn't have heard of him impersonating his voice....Jay went back to the fridge, and found the tub. Sandwich it was, then.

Remy: "Not a problem. Y're head ok?" He went back to his sandwich. Conversation was good, but food was outweighing it by far at the moment.

Jay: "Dude, I fly. How many times d'ya think I've like, landed on my face?" Jay shut the door with a foot, starting to build a plateful of sandwiches. So hungry.

Jay: That done, he put everything away again and pulled out a chair, switching it round and straddling it to sit down. Stupid wings. "So, like, how's things?"

Remy: He chuckled, nearly choking on a crumb, and then cleared his throat. "I dunno. Is dat why y' got d' whole 'dude' thing goin' for y'." he teased, smiling to show it wasn't meant to be hurtful.

Remy: "Goin' good. Missed eatin' today up till now, so dis is pretty damn good. Y'?" He finished the one half of his sandwich and started on the other.

Jay: Jay grinned back around a mouthful. "Du- this is like, so much better then my real accent. I come from central Mississippi. Besides, I like, totally love surfing. It suits."
Remy: He chuckled. "All y're missin' is d' blonde, oui?"

Remy: He got up to grab a glass of water. "Y' want anythin'?"

Jay: Jay wolfed down half of his sandwich, chewing and swallowing quickly. Remy wa hot, but from what he'd heard he was the big dude, Victor's lay. Besides, after Bobby.... "Dude, could you like, do me a coffee?" He suddenly felt a little bit shy of asking. "I mean, like....if it's no problem, because if it is I can so totally do it myself. I can just be really lazy, you know?" Okay, he really should learn not to babble.

Jay: "Um...."

Remy: "Sure. I could use a cup too." He moved to the cupboard. "Y' want regular or some of d' stuff I brought from home?"

Jay: "Stuff you bought from home?" Jay repeated, starting on another sandwich. "LIke, what's it like?" If it was latte, swear to God he'd be REmy's bitch for a week.

Remy: "Its chicory. Real N'awleans blend." He glanced over his shoulder. "Don' have any beignets...but at least its somethin'."

Jay: Jay looked at him curiously. "I've like, never tried New Orleans coffee, dude. Never been to New Orleans, in fact."

Jay: "We like....didn't get a chance to visit it."

Remy: "Well, den, y're in for a treat." he pulled the beans down, and ground some, dumping it into the maker and pressing a button. "So where have y' been den?"

Jay: Jay pushed his plate back, leaning on his chair. "Well, like....we grew up in Mississippi like I said - me and Jillian, that is - and then we were like....kicked out of the house when I grew these...." He stretched the wings a little.

Jay: "We've like....been around...." He dind't want to mention Jono. "Lived with my band for a while, then flew here!" Jay grinned. "This place is like....so cool."

Remy: "Sounds decent. Too bad about d' folks though."

Remy: "An' oui, its good here. What's y're favorite thing about dis place?" He grinned. "Or should I ask about y're favorite 'one'."

Jay: Jay blinked. "Dude, what? Favourite one?"
Remy: "Like a person." he shrugged. "Not sayin' y' have t' have one at all. Plenty of time for dat, neh?"

Jay: "U-um. Oh. Er....well...." Jay looked down and blushed. "Well....everyone's cool." He smiled slightly. "And like....really nice....hadn't really thought about it, dude."

Jay: "And I like that I can fly and....you know. Just be me. There's like....not many places I can....or Jill."

Remy: He raised a brow at the blush, but didn't comment on it. "An oui, its nice jus' t' be y'reself, neh?"

Remy: He pulled down too mugs, and a box of cookies and brought them all over. "Y' take anythin' in y'rs?"

Jay: Jay nodded. "Just one sugar. I'm like, sweet enough." He looked up at Remy and smiled. "Yeah. Like....where we were before, we thought we could be....y' know. Free. Like....not have to worry about anything."

Jay: He snorted slightly. He still wanted to take Jono up a few hundred feet and drop him. "But like here....it's really, really nice. We don't have to be anything."

Remy: He stirred in the sugar. "Oh oui? Where were y'? Y' ain't talkin' about y're folks are y'?"

Jay: "Well....no." Jay looked up at Remy, wondering how much he could trust him. Pretty well, probably.

Jay: "Like....Mom didn't want anything to do with Jill 'cause she was blue and my step-father like....threw us out...."

Jay: "We ended up going to a kind of....commune, I guess. We had nowhere else to like, go."

Remy: He frowned at that, and gave him a sharp look. "'Round here?"

Jay: "Well, yeah." Jay blinked at the look. "It was for mutants. But....weird mutants."

Remy: He let out a big sigh, and sat in his chair. "I see. But y' left, oui? Dey're gonna leave y' alone?" Maudit, he shoulda let Warren blow up the rest of that guy's chest."

Jay: "What do you mean, dude? Of course they're going to like, leave us alone." Jay gave Remy a weird look. "The guy wanted to do....ew-ness with my little sister. We like, ran away."

Jay: "It was like, really horrible. He wanted us to steal stuff and that's like, bad, dude."

Remy: He gave Jay a sardonic look at that, and focused back on his coffee. "Oui. We had a tussel wit' dem a while back. Good dat y' got out when y' did."

Jay: "Oh. You like, knew them?" Jay squirmed slightly, looking down at the coffee. "Nothing happened when we were there. Just him trying to like, get Jilly to 'mate'. She's blue so the dude wanted little blue wingy babies, I guess. Ew."

Remy: "Oui, I lived dere." He met Jay's eyes solidly. "An' stole stuff for him."

Jay: Jay blinked, then suddenly blushed really badly. "Oh. I'm like, really sorry, when I said that stuff about stealing and it like, being really bad I didn't mean you, dude, I mean, it was like I didn't know you did that and like you lived there oh jeez I am like so sorry-" He trailed off and blushed again.

Jay: "I like, talk too much..."

Jay: "But dude - seriously? I like....didn't know...." Jay took a sip of his coffee. "Hey, this is good...." He muttered lamely. Stupid, stupid idiot!!

Remy: "I know y' didn't. Most people don' understand why I would. Life ain't always black an' white, an' I made a mistake." he shrugged. "I still understand why people are attracted there."

Jay: "Dude....yeah." Jay felt really stupid now. "I mean....I don't know. What kind of mistake? Didn't you like, have anywhere to go or anything?"

Remy: He sighed again. "I wasn't real trustin'. I didn't think d' people here would accept me, an' I did some stuff dat made things here real unpleasant, so I ducked out. I always jus' ran when stuff got tough, an' dat wasn't any different."

Jay: Jay nodded, sipping his coffee again. "Dude, like, no one's trusting when they get to a new place, you know? But like....everyone her likes you so it can't have been that bad."

Jay: "But like....we don't go there any more so we can put it behind us, yeah?"

Remy: "Well. It wasn't dat simple, but oui, I've done my best t' put it behind, an' people understand. I wouldn't worry about it too much."

Jay: Jay took a gulp of coffee. "It's like....not my business to ask why, and I'm not going to, dude." He smiled at Remy.

Jay: He smiled shily. "So....like....how's your little dude?"

Remy: "He's good. Think he might be gettin' mobile soon. Which I dunno if dats a good thing or not."

Remy: He took another sip of coffee. "Y' have any other sibs dan Jill?"

Jay: "Dude, that's like, so awesome. Do you think I can see him someday?" Jay smiled, then shook his head. "Nope. Just me and Jillibeans." He grinned. "We're like....twins. It's cool - but she's still my little sister."

Remy: "Y've not met him yet? Thought y' had wit' TJ." He shrugged. "Sure. We're aroun' lots. Jus' be careful when its time t' feed him, cause I can't imagine what a bitch gettin' pablum outta dem wings would be an' dat shit sticks t' everythin'."

Jay: Jay folded the wings a little closer, wincing. "Dude, I've had everything stuck to these wings. Having to pull out feathers because you can't get stuff out sucks so hard and like, so not in a good way."

Jay: "I've like, seen him and TJ around but....haven't really like....properly met him yet."

Remy: "Well I'll track y' down sometime when I got him, if y' want." He finished his coffee. "Actually, I'm on my way t' do dat right now if y' want t' join me?"

Jay: Jay grinned, finishing his coffee. "Dude, I'd like, love to." He stood up, turning his chair the right way round and stretching.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.