8/29 Instance: Chocolate on Ice.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Day or so after Raiders of the Lost Drawers

<Elizabeth> Lizzie leant against the rail of the rink as she wrapped her scarf around her neck, wobbling a little bit as she found her feet and looked over to Warren who was still fastening his boots up.

<Elizabeth> "I think I'm going to fall...I haven't done this in ages!" she said, wobbling again, then carefully slid out a couple of feet and managed to stand. "Oh. There we go - " she held out her hands to him. "Are you coming?"

<TheFallen> Warren nodded absently, then stood, using one hand for balance. He could do this, even if his wings were bound. As long as he didn't lean back too far, he'd be fine.

<Elizabeth> Stifling a laugh at the expression on his face, she caught hold of his hands. "You'll be fine! You were better than me when we went in first year so you'll do just as well now!"

* TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "I know. I'm just starting off slow; I'm rusty."

<Elizabeth> Linking arms with him, they slowly skirted the outside of the rink, away from the scrum in the middle. "You're quiet today," she commented lightly, slipping an arm under his jacket and around his middle. "Did you sleep alright?"

<TheFallen> Warren almost slipped at the unexpected touch, then nodded, putting his hand over hers. "Yeah; I'm fine. Just regaining my 'ice skating' legs."

<Elizabeth> "Good," she leant into him some more, wobbling a bit at his slip. "Maybe we can go see Ray later, drop in and say hi while we're down this end."

* TheFallen shook his head. "No, I don't think he'll be there; he's involved in some big research project. I think he's in Rome or something."

<Elizabeth> "Rome? But - " she chewed her lip. "How does he travel? I thought he was sensitive to light. It must make travelling tricky." Unless he didn't use a plane or anything...normal.

<TheFallen> Warren nodded. "He has... unusual methods of travel. Also, friends. Friends with private planes." He shook his head and took the corner at the end of the rink sharply, sending up a spray of ice. He grinned.

<Elizabeth> Almost overbalancing at his sudden movement she flailed a bit and gripped his jacket. "Don't do that!" she squeaked, a little red in the cheeks. Swerving to avoid oncoming traffic, she regained her balance. "Well that makes sense. Nothing is usual in my experience around here."

* TheFallen nodded and shrugged. "I mean, he's a mutant just like the rest of us. His is just a more 'socially acceptable' mutation, and he can work around it."

<Elizabeth> "That's true..." she shivered, wishing she hadn't worn a skirt despite the fact she had two pairs of tights on and let go of Warren for a while to skim ahead to see if she could stay up.

<TheFallen> Warren trailed behind her, lazily drifting from side to side. He had to resist the urge to cross just in front of her from behind.

<Elizabeth> Holding her arms out to the side, she skimmed along, still wobbling here and there, until she gained her balance.

<Elizabeth> When she was fully confident she glanced over her shoulder. "Why don't you try and catch me?" she poked a tongue out at him, then took off with more speed.

* TheFallen raised an eyebrow archly. "Like you think I can't?" He pushed off the wall, then skimmed the ice behind her, gradually accelerating. When she was within reach, he grabbed her waist and pulled her to him.

<Elizabeth> Not expecting to be caught so soon, her legs shot out infront of her and she would have landed with a nasty thump on her rear on the ice if he hadn't been holding her so tightly.

<Elizabeth> "Okay, okay, I'm lame! Now set me up!" she gasped, struggling a little.

<TheFallen> Warren grinned widely, and let his grip slip up from her elbows to her wrists. "Oh, no; I don't know if I can!" he asserted, and put her down gently to sit on the ice.

<Elizabeth> "NO! Don't you dare - ohmygodthatsCOLD!" she bucked and tried to struggle back up. "I swear if I have any bruises you are not getting any til they're all gone!"

* TheFallen smirked as everyone near them glanced sideways at Elizabeth, then offered her a hand. "In other words, you'll be an ice... oh, never mind. I doubt our audience would appreciate my humour."

<Elizabeth> <I swear you're English, really> she sent him the message as she took his hand, struggling to her feet, giving him a kiss for his effort.

<TheFallen> Warren shrugged and resumed skating. <By adoption, if nothing else.>

<Elizabeth> <And tea. You have enough tea in your blood for it!>

* TheFallen smirked and skidded to a halt right in front of Elizabeth, grabbing the wall to brace himself. <I do indeed.>

<Elizabeth> Joining him by the wall, she watched the other skaters shoot past. "I can't believe it's October already..." she closed her eyes and tipped her head back. "Time just...slips by now."

<TheFallen> Warren nodded. "Indeed. Though it seems like we should be much farther into the school year."

<Elizabeth> "Can't wait to graduate?" she gave him a wry smile. "It just - it just seems like it was so long ago that we were in our first semester at Xaviers. And it was only about this time of year that I started. But, it's not really that long. I'm glad I did come though. I was threatening to run off if I had to come here."

* TheFallen chuckled. "Things have changed a lot since then."

<Elizabeth> Nodding, she took hold of his hand and pushed away from the wall. "Oh. Remind me - my agency are sending me a ticket to go home at the end of the month for some shoots and things. You're welcome to come watch if you can get the time off. It'll be a week or two. Depends what the company have decided on."

<TheFallen> Warren grinned. "Sounds fine to me. I'm not up to much lately and you know I seldom pass up an opportunity to watch."

<Elizabeth> "Or to go to England. I swear you go just to drink tea and watch British telly."

* TheFallen smirked. "Everyone knows British comedy is much better than American comedy."

<Elizabeth> "What's your favourite then?" she asked, slowing a little bit. "I keep meaning to get new DVD boxsets off Amazon or whenever we're over there."

<TheFallen> Warren appeared to ponder that. "It's hard to choose. Either Blackadder or Whose Line, I'd have to say. The American version of Whose Line just doesn't have the same flavour to it."

<Elizabeth> "Mmm, well, I have the second and fourth series of Blackadder so we could get the oher two - or I could get the really nice complete set and give the two to someone else...."

<Elizabeth> She wound an arm around his waist and gave him a squeeze. "Y'know what I reeeally fancy. Other than you, of course."

* TheFallen raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "What's that?"

<Elizabeth> "Big mug of hot chocolate. Marshmallows. Whipped cream," she paused to lick her lips. "Sprinkles..."

<TheFallen> Warren chuckled. "Now, that is a fine idea." He steered her towards one of the side exits. "The perfect followup to ice skating."

<Elizabeth> Grinning, she let him help her off the ice. "I'm glad you think so! And then we have to go get Halloween costumes," she winked at him.

* TheFallen nodded indulgently. "Indeed we do."

<Elizabeth> Sitting down to take her skates off, she smiled. "This has been nice. We have to come again - no leaving it as long as we did the last time! Though I think I've improved since then. I was nothing but a few twigs stuck together."

<TheFallen> Warren patted her stomach tenderly. "You could still use a few marshmallows more." He grinned.

<Elizabeth> "Pfft! It's my metabolism Mister almost zero body fat!" she poked him in return.

* TheFallen chuckled. "Touché. Shall we?" He gestured grandly to the hot beverage stand.

<Elizabeth> Standing up she dipped him a curtsey. "Lead the way!"
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Awww. They are SO cute together. :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro