9/1 Instance: A Performance of Flirtation, Key of Tipsy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Oct. 16 concurrent with 'name to be added...'

Lorna: Lorna captured a table in the corner, drink securely in hand before the concert was to start. "Glad I talked you into coming yet?"

Sean: Sean sat backstage tuning up his guitar and thinkin to himself, "I hope Lorna actually showed...the crowds a lil thinner than I hope but fuck it."

Lorna: Lorna grinned back at Cess before hopping up on her stool. "In any case they serve nice drinks. I promise I won't get plastered though. That can't exactly be fun for you being around drunk people, can it?"

Cessily: Cessily followed Lorna to the table and claimed a stool for herself. "Well...., yeah, I guess. I like music." She shrugged. "And sitting in my room all day isn't helping. Nice of Kyle to give me one of his tickets." She smiled a little.

Cessily: "And yeah, the drinks are rather nice." She sipped on her fruit cocktail.

Sean: Sean looked at his watch and realized the concert is starting in like five minutes, "Time to get ready," Sean said as he lit a joint that he had behind his ear.

Lorna: "Yeah, too bad he couldn't have come." Lorna sipped on her drink as well. "Staying in the room is nice for a while but eventually it's best to get out. Force yourself to do things that'll cheer you up."

Sean: Sean took the last pull off his J and stamped it out on the ground, "Alright boys let's do this," Sean said to his bandmates as he exhaled.

Cessily: "You're probably right." She smiled weakly at Lorna. "Guess you should know about it."

Lorna: "Yeah, it certainly sucks." Lorna had a suspecion that Cessily would have appreciated Suzie's cheering up efforts more that she had, however.

Sean: The announcer comes over the sound system, "Ladies and Gentleman....Fly By Night Entertainment presents fresh from their European tour...the hottest new rock band may I Present RIFLES OF THE IRA!!!!!!!!

Cessily: Cessily looked up to take a look at the stage. "Oh... there we go already."

Lorna: Lorna's eyebrow went up a little bit and she sat back in her seat. "This could be interesting."

Cessily: "I hope they're good." Cessily said as she sat back. "I could use some nice music right now."

Sean: As the green, white and orange pyros began to die down Sean leapt through the pyro display and landed dead center stage," Good evening everyone...me names Sean Cassidy and allow me to introduce the band before we get started....my rhytm guitarist Conner McManus...me bassist Siobahn Phillips and the drummer Murph Shaugnessy.....now are you ready to get fuckin nuts?"

Lorna: "Well, if they aren't I'm sure we could find some other nice music later." Lorna was glad she wasn't taking a drink as Sean came out. She was pretty sure snorted rum wouldn't be nice. "And if it isn't good we can think of it as a comedy routine?"

Sean: With a dramatic plunge of his hand Sean hits his guitar and releases a droning power chord which signaled the rest of the band to start playing. The music was a mixture of celtic folk music and hard classic rock. It was that kinda music that you just can't help but get up and dance to.

Cessily: "Oh yeah, absolutely." Cessily chuckled a bit and looked around as the crowd turned towards the stage and cheered. She limited herself to clapping her hands, then folded them as the music started.

Lorna: Well, not bad at all. "They certainly seem to like to make a production of it." Lorna laughed, clapping her hands with the music.

Sean: Sean continued to wail on his guitar and fill the concert hall with tunes that had almost an hypnotic melody as he sings the line, "Losing myself in a sea of endless green," Sean looked over and winked at Lorna.

Cessily: Cessily looked at the people starting to dance, some of them very wildly. "But... I like it. It's really good."

Lorna: Lorna was pretty sure that wink was directed at her. "Quite the showman too."

Cessily: Cessily smirked and giggles, what couldn't be heard over the music however. "I think he meant you." She told her, leaning over.

Sean: As the song wrapped up Sean walked upto the mic and said,"Well what do you say guys....do u want just one more....?"

Lorna: Very...interesting show Lorna glanced back and forth between the stage and the dancers before realizing that Cessily had said something to her. "Well I suppose he has to wink at someone."

Sean: "I can't hear you...do you wanna hear one more?"

Cessily: Cessily clapped her hands and grinned. She had to admit that they we're really good.

Lorna: Lorna laughed as the crowd yelled. "Shall we join the dancing this time?"

Cessily: She looked at Lorna. "You think we should... I don't know..." She shifted a bit on her stool. "Dancing?"

Sean: "Alright this last song is called "Heroes of Tir Na Nog" it's the first song I ever wrote and it goes like this...1...2...3."

Lorna: "Just as long as you don't tell a soul how silly I look dancing like that." Lorna pointed her thumb at the jumping crowd.

Cessily: "Well... ok then..." She stood up and grabbed Lorna's hand, not wanting to go alone. "And you'd never look silly dancing."

Sean: Sean begins to lightly strum an eerily exotic melody...the rest of the band one at a time begins to play their instruments in counterpoint...the song seems like music you would hear in the afterlife." The crowd hypnotically sways to the music.

Lorna: "You've not seen me do the robot then!" Lorna laughed and danced.

Cessily: "Hee, I'd love to see that." She swayed to the music. This actually felt quite nice. "Besides, wouldn't I be perfectly suited to do the robot?" She playfully stuck out her tongue.

Sean: "Drifting ever so slowly into the great misty moor.....My heart is breakin cuz I miss you all the more," As Sean sings those lines he leans over the stage looking directly at Lorna.

Lorna: "Wonderfully suited for it." Lorna laughed before looking up at the stage. Boy, lays it on thick.

Cessily: Tessa... Japh... Cessily looked down at her feet while she danced as she heard him sing those lines. Maybe this wasn't all that great after all.

Lorna: Lorna noticed that Cessily's movements had sort of dropped off beside her. Lorna glanced over and saw her glancing down at the floor. "Hey, none of that now." Lorna tried to not laugh as she started in on the robot.

Sean: Sean feeling the song come to a close decides to wow the crowd and as he hits the final note there in an explosion of pyros behind him which leave in its wake a flaming celtic cross.

Cessily: Cessily simply ignored the end of the show, but looked up at Lorna and gave her a painful small smile, a little giggle even. "Oh, Lorna..." She laughed. "Thanks... that's sweet." She clapped her hands as she noticed the band had stopped playing.

Lorna: Lorna laughed and patted Cessily's back. "And may I also recommend Lizzie's chocolates. They helped me a lot too." Oh, the music's stopped... "You want to go backstage and talk with Sean before we head out?"

Cessily: "Oh, I'm always game for chocolate. I think I'll see her to raid her supplies later." She smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sure."

Lorna: "I think we go on back this way." Lorna led the way, stopping before the door to do a bit more of the robot for shits and giggles before heading on back.

Sean: Sean stood backstage smoking a cigarette and jokin around with his band.

Cessily: Cessily grinned at Lorna's back as she followed her to the back. Ok, she had to admit the robot indeed looked hilarious.

Sean: He noticed Lorna outta the corner of his eye, "Aye Lorna my verdant little beauty....how'd you enjoy the show?"

Lorna: Lorna laughed when she saw Sean. "Great show! We had a great time."

Cessily: "Yes, it was stunning." Cessily smiled and gave them a friendly nod. "You guys are really good."

Sean: "Glad to hear it," Sean nodded sincerely to Cess,"And I'm glad to see you came out as well."

Cessily: She shrugged, slightly smiling. "Yes... staring at the wall got boring. And I like music."

Sean: "The band and I are having a little party here once the crowd clears out...u ladies are welcome to stay."

Lorna: Lorna leaned against the wall to get away from the door. "Yeah?" Lorna looked to Cessily to see what she thought about a party.

Cessily: "Party...?" She looked from Sean to Lorna, chewing her lip. She certainly didn't feel like being in party mood, but otherwise didn't want to ruin Lorna's fun. "Well... if you'd like to stay?"

Sean: "Grand...so just get comfortable and the party favors should be delivered shortly."

Lorna: Ah well. "I'm not going to have you going home all alone, Cess." Lorna stepped out from the wall to give Sean a quick hug though...except he seemed to be of the opinion that they would be staying. Oh "Well..maybe a little while."

Lorna: Lorna looked to Cessily to see if that was really okay.

Sean: Sean smirked, "Don't worry nobody ever leaves one of me party's with a frown."

Cessily: Cessily hesitated, then nodded a bit. "Ok, I guess I can try to have some fun after all."

Sean: "That's the spirit." Sean said patting Cessily on the back.

Lorna: Lorna gave Cessily an apologetic look, wanting to promise her that they wouldn't stay too long.

Cessily: Cessily sighed inaudibly, but smiled at Lorna nonetheless.

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help but feel a bit bad. But maybe being out a bit longer would do Cessily some good. Who knows, maybe one of the band members would take a shine to her. Lorna smiled momentarily at her bad shine joke.

Sean: "Right then boys bring it in," Sean said to the delivery monkeys as they lugged in cases of alcohol and 6 or 7 6foot heroes and other party necessities.

Lorna: "Huh." That's a lot of booze. Lorna observed with a raised eyebrow. "Are you guys planning on taking a bath in it after you've drank your fill?"

Cessily: "Oh my... you guys have a lot planned for the night, no?" Cessily asked no one in particular, a little insecurely.

Sean: "Well the other band members have guests coming too ya know."

Lorna: "Oh, yeah." Lorna supposed she should have guessed that.

Sean: "So lets give them a couple minutes to set up and then it's party time." Sean said excitedly.

Lorna: "Sounds good." Lorna considered the drinks. She had promised Cessily she wouldn't get plastered but she was pretty sure she still had room for one more.

Sean: As the workers finished setting things up Sean walked upto the girls," SO what can I get ye?"

Cessily: Cessily glanced around to look for a place to maybe sit down for a bit. "Uhm... anything you can recommend. I don't really care. As long as it tastes good." She said, looking back at Sean with a small smile.

Lorna: "Well, suppose I could take something with some rum." Lorna nodded, sure that they had some in that pile.

Sean: Sean smirked back,"You got it and for you Lorna?"

Sean: "That we do...be right back ladies."

Lorna: Lorna found some seats and cleared them off. "I'm sorry Cess...I was going to say we would see him back at the school but...yeah." Lorna jestured to the set out party.

Sean: Sean walked over to the bar area and began to mix up some drinks seemingly with expert skill. He poured a mixture into 3 glasses and garnished two with little pink umbrellas. Then he walked over to the girls...,"Here ye go ladies....I call this a "Black Irish," tasty as hell but also potent," He handed the ladies their drinks.

Lorna: "Thanks!" Lorna put on a smile again, "Oh, and nice umbrellas" Lorna laughed and spun her a bit before taking a drink. Holy hell...that's strong.

Cessily: "Thanks." She took the drink from him, then walked over to Lorna, sitting down. "No problem." She told her with a low voice.

Cessily: "Tastes great." She commented after taking a sip. "Really."

Lorna: "Yeah, it's delicious." And probably going to get me flat on my ass drunk...

Sean: Sean pulled up a chair nearby them and leaned in towards them, "So it's nice to see someone pays attention when you flyer an entire campus....I really appreciate you ladies coming out...I hope ye had a good time."

Cessily: "Oh yeah, it was great." She nodded vigorously again. "Really great music. You all have much talent."

Lorna: "Aw, it was a really good show." Lorna gave him a smile, he really was sweet even though he came on a little strong. "I'm glad we came too."

Sean: "Well thank ye both for coming....I was afraid Celtic rock wouldn't have transferred well here but I thought we had a decent reception."

Lorna: "Bah, good music's good music." Lorna took another sip out of her drink. It was really quite delicious.

Cessily: "That's what I always say: there are only two kinds of music... music I like, and music I don't like." She smiled. "And I liked that. Was unusual, but in a good way."
Sean: "Glad to hear it."

Lorna: "So have you been at this for long?" Lorna leaned forward to talk with him better. "Playing music and flirting with the crowd?" What? Oh this drink can't have started to kick in already right?

Cessily: Cessily leaned back in her seat, sipping on her drink to hide her little smile.

Sean: "Yea I've been playin guitar since I was a lad and the band's been touring EUrope for 3-4 years but we are here permanently while I'm in school." "As for flirting with the crowd...only if theres some1 exceptionally beautfiul in it," Sean smiled back at her.

Lorna: Lorna's eyebrow went up. Yeah, thick. "Is that so?"

Sean: "Aye," He said with a smile.

Cessily: She tried not to chuckle at that.

Lorna: Crap...something clever. Think, Dane, think. I should not drink and do this. Lorna just felt herself blush a bit. "Quite the charmer."

Sean: "Charm nothing I only speak the truth," Sean said letting his brogue out a bit more.

Lorna: That brogue isn't helping me think either. I really should put the drink down. Lorna grinned again. "What other truths do you see?"

Sean: "I see that Murph me drummer is checking out Cessily," Sean said with a chuckle

Cessily: Cessily pulled her legs up on her seat, sitting cross-legged. She held her drink in both hands, alternately looking down at it and up to Lorna and Sean. "Uhm..." Her head turned to look at said drummer, then back again to look at her drink. Oh great...

Sean: "He's a good man Cess...you should go talk to him," Sean said with a chuckle.

Lorna: Lorna arched her eyebrow at the drummer as well before glancing at Cessily. Maybe it's time we made an exit...

Cessily: Cessily shifted on her seat, not looking up at Sean as she spoke. "I'm sure he is." She sighed. "But I'm not in the mood for these things right now. I'm just not."

Sean: "Fair nuff," Sean said as he glanced over to Murph and give him the cut it gesture.

Sean: Murph slumped back into his seat and continued drinking his beer.

Cessily: "Thanks." She stated, giving him a smile.

Lorna: "Heh, weilding power there?" Lorna finished her drink. Hell, may as well drink it all.

Sean: "Anytime," He said to Cessily with a wink. "Being Guitarist and Lead Singer means I have two votes,"

Lorna: "Votes?"

Sean: "In terms of Band Conduct....I can stalemate a vote instantly," Sean grinned.

Sean: Sean noticed that Lorna was lookin a little wavy, "You all right there?"

Cessily: "Useful." She followed Sean's gaze, looking at Lorna as well.

Lorna: "Oh, I'm okay. I guess it's been a while since I've been out drinking...well, aside from when you saw me at Vitos...course I was pretty tipsy before that day ended too." Lorna giggled, then realized she was giggling her drunk giggle. Well crap.

Sean: Sean grinned...,"Well then I should probly walk you ladies home...don't want anything to happen to either of ye>"

Cessily: Cessily laughed a little. "It's okay, Lorna." She patted her arm. "You'd do that?" She asked Sean.

Lorna: "Oh, that's nice of you." Lorna smiled, glad that someone not tipsy would be around aside for Cessily.

Sean: "Well of course I am a gentlemen after all," Sean said offering and arm to each girl.

Lorna: Lorna took the arm, glad that she wasn't drunk enough to miss it, and stood up. "Thank you very much."

Cessily: "That's nice." She took one of the offered arms. "And it's been a great evening. Was good to get out again."

Lorna: Lorna tightened her hold on Sean's arm. She might not be drunk enough to miss the arm but she was drunk enough that she shouldn't have gotten up that quickly.

Sean: "Glad I could be of some help," Sean said as he began to lead the ladies out of the concert hall,"See ya later lads," Sean said as he walked out the door.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

grrr, I'm a bit miffed that Kyle had to miss this. He would have gotten drunk again.