9/2 Instance: Night Owls

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after 'WWRD'

Rogue: Rogue shuffled down to the kitchen as she pulled her emerald green satin robe closer around her. She shivered, cold drafts were not her friend. She opened the door to the kitchen to find Bobby icing up, then thawing out, only to ice up again. She frowned at him, at least now she knew why she was so cold. "Ya alright, Bobby?"

Bobby: "Oh!" Holyfuckingshit! He sat upright in the kitchen chair, realizing he must have been sitting there for a while. "Um, yeah, I'm fine. Just trying to stay awake..." He stood and stretched, popping spine telling him how long he'd been there.

Rogue: Rogue eyed him curiously, "Why dontcha go ta bed then, sugah?" She walked over, pulled out the chair next to him, and sat down.

Bobby: His eyes flashed to the clock on the kitchen wall. "Just not tired, I guess." Bobby swung the chair around backward and sat back down. "How come you're not all tucked in?"

Rogue: She gave him a skeptical smirk, "Then how come ya tryin' ta stay awake?"

Rogue: She frowned, "Inner demons, Ah guess."

Bobby: "Oh. I'm a natural night owl." Bobby flashed her a bright grin. "Inner demons? Sounds ominous." His leg started jumping nervously. "Those're the worst kind."

Rogue: She yawned and streched her arms out in front of her for a moment, "Ah guess... Mostly just mah past comin' back ta haunt me. An' then there's the stuff with Remy..." She felt a smile slowly grow on her face when she started to talk about him, but shut it down quickly, "But ya seem all riled up." She nodded towards his leg, "Why dontcha tell me what ya really doin' up so late?"

Bobby: "Now what about such a pretty lady's past would come back to haunt her?" He grinned, stopping his foot from bouncing. Ah, Remy. Of course.

Rogue: "Ya avoidin' mah question, sugah." She quirked an eyebrow at him and gave him the look a teacher would give a student who was talking while she was.

Bobby: "Well, of course I did." He winked. "But you did too, Roguey. Guess we all have inner demons."

Rogue: She grinned at him, "Ah'll tell ya mine, if y'all will tell me yours."

Bobby: "Oh, so it works that I have to tell mine first?" He took another look at the clock, the time adding up in his mind. "I suppose, I just thought, that certain people would be home by now."

Bobby: At her flat expression, he went on. "I, uh, heard Lorna had a date tonight. I just figured..." Bobby shifted in the chair. "I just..." How the hell did he say this? "I wanted to make sure she made it home okay."

Rogue: Rogue gave him a small smile, "Well that's sweet of ya, sugah." She sighed, "Guess Ah have ta spill mine now?"

Rogue: "Mostly when Ah cain't sleep it's 'cause mah powers irritate me. But tanight, Ah miss mah folks. Ah haven't seen or heard hide 'nor hair from 'em since Ah was 12."

Bobby: "Yeah, that's how that works all right." He smiled back a bit. "Oh? God... that would have to be hard. I, uh, guess I lucked out there. My folks are okay with who I am. Mostly"

Rogue: She shrugged, "Ah've gotten used ta it. An' it was mah fault anyhow. Ah ran after Ah manifested."

Rogue: She gave him a small smile and looked at him for a second. "So why are ya waitin' up for Lorna exactly? Where'd she go?"

Bobby: "Oh yeah?" He chewed the corner of his lip. "I thought about that -- running. Seems like a lot of people followed that instinct. So, who's to say that instinct isn't the best, since it's the one we all get?"

Bobby: "So you ran. Where'd you run to? Here?" Bobby took a deep breathe. "I gotta say, this does seem like a good place to land. Everybody...they seem to get what it's like to be different."

Rogue: "Bobby Drake. Ya keep avoidin' mah questions an' ya gonna end up with a grumpy Rogue." She frowned at him and crossed her arms.

Bobby: Bobby set his chin on his wrist, putting on the puppy dog eyes. "As if you don't know, apparently." His lips quirked. "Sure you're not a telepath?"

Rogue: She let out a soft laugh, "No, Ah'm not a telepath. But seein' as how when Ah touch people, part of what Ah absorb is feelin's, Ah'm kinda like an empath..." She gave him a soft smile, "What's she out doin'? Why's it botherin' ya so much?"

Bobby: "Hmmph. You've never touched me." He remembered the night of truth and dare. "Well... not much, anyway."

Rogue: "No, but since Ah've absorbed so many, Ah can read 'em off people's body language and faces. Even if they try ta hide it most of tha time." She sighed, "Bobby, talk ta me. Ah'm not gonna tell anybody." She gave him a smile, "Promise."

Rogue: She got a wicked grin, "Don't make me have ta beat it outta ya."

Bobby: "Threat or a a promise, babe?" He laughed, watching her from the corner of his eye.

Bobby: "Hey, it's skin you can't touch, right?" Bobby scatched at the stubble on his chin, honestly curious. "I just... I worry about her."

Rogue: She chuckled a bit, "Hush, you." She nodded, "Yeah, skin ta skin. Why?"

Rogue: She smiled at him, "But why are ya so worried? Do ya not think she can take care of herself? Is there a guy involved that ya don't like or somethin'?" Rogue arched an eyebrow trying to figure out what was going on with him.

Bobby: "Oh, she can take care of herself...Just wish she didn't have to." He raised his hand to run his fingertips across her cheek, coating them with a microscopic layer of ice. "I don't even know who the guy is." Yet.

Rogue: Rogue went stiff and just stared at him, wide-eyed. She moved her eyes to follow his fingers as best as she could, "Wh-What are ya doin...? Why didn't Ah get ya...everythin'?"

Bobby: "'Cause, I'm not really touching you. Not really. There's ice there between us... but just a little." He popped an index finger on the tip of her nose."If I let the ice melt, then you'd know, wouldn't you? But you already guess."

Rogue: Rogue wiggled her nose and frowned, "Ah guess that would make sense as ta why mah cheek was cold." She laughed some, "This late at night, mah brain doesn't always connect things."

Rogue: "An' what do ya mean by 'wish she didn't have ta'?"

Bobby: "I wish I could take care of her. Be the man she deserves." He pulled his hand back. "You know, that's enough about me. Your powers irriate you, so you can't sleep?"

Rogue: Rogue eyed him quizically, "Why can't ya? Ya love her don't ya? Ah mean, have ya even talked ta her, really?"

Rogue: "Yeah, they do. Answer mah question."

Bobby: Bobby looked into her eyes. "Of course I love her, but that's really not even the issue anymore. Doesn't matter if I do."

Rogue: Rogue sighed, was she going to have to beat some sense into this one too? "It does matter." She dramatically let her head fall on top of her arms, "Y'all drive me crazy. Tha whole lot of ya."

Bobby: "Oh? Why's that?" Bobby cocked his head. "But seriously, I answered you..." He traced a meaningless pattern on the tabletop with his finger. "So why're you really up? I somehow doubt altruism and ice cream."

Rogue: She pulled her head up and rested her chin on her hands, "A few reasons. Mostly 'cause Ah miss mah parents an' Ah wonder if they ever missed me after Ah left."

Bobby: "I'm sure they did. How could they just forget a child?" He stared at the condensation he'd iced on the table. "I mean, surely, even folks who've maybe done things they regret, who've let people go, doesn't mean they don't still care."

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Ah dunno. Ah mean, Ah went ta school one mornin' an' didn't go home. But Ah stayed in town for about a week ta see if they started lookin' foh me...."

Rogue: "They nevah did. So Ah left town."

Bobby: "Oh?" As hard as that was to refute, Bobby sat up, clearing his throat. "I guess I lucked out there, with my family, but I think the family you make here is real in the most important ways."

Rogue: She smiled at him and sat up, "Ah think ya right." She looked at the clock, "Ah guess Ah should try again on sleepin'... Ya gonna be ok?"

Bobby: "Sure." Bobby set his hand over her gloved one and squeezed a little. "I'm serious that I think this is a good place to start over, no matter where we come from."

Bobby: "G'night, Roguey."

Rogue: She smiled at him and squeezed his hand back before standing up, "Ah know ya are. Can ya do me a favor an' ice up ya cheek?"

Bobby: He looked up at her and complied, watching her closely. "Will I regret this?"

Rogue: She laughed and leaned over to give him a peck on the cheek, "Ah'd hope ya wouldn't regret me doin' that. An' tellin' ya that ya a great guy. No matter what anybody says. Even yaself."
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I just thought of how hilarious it'd be if her lips got stuck on Bobby :P
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

And the only way for Rogue to have sex without getting drunk is with Bobby. >< just think how uncomfortable it would be
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah. I could think of a lot worse things to get stuck ><.

Very cute though guys!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

The getting stuck isn't the problem. It's the getting unstuck.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

LOL I agree with Fergie. Hence the reason, (one of the reasons) no sexorz with Bobby
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone