9/2 Instance: Chemistry of Procrastination

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

9/2 Instance: Chemistry of Procrastination

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

timelined after the game

Talia: Talia sat at the kitchen table, book open, and package of oreos in front of her. She had just a bit of catching up to do, she'd missed the last Chemistry class due to.....well, Chemistry sucks. Besides, she'd had more fun sleeping in then spending that time with Johnny than she would have in that class.

Talia: But then...she learned she'd actually missed out on a review for the midterm coming. UGH. So now she studied. And....it still sucked.

Japh: Japh felt like so tired and drained lately. He looked at the two maggots following on the floor. "What? You only eat when I'm happy now? No, rolling around like that won't cheer me up, now get in there." Japh pointed as he pushed the kitchen door open.

Japh: He then saw TJ sitting there with a book. He walked in after his maggots. "Hi, TJ."

Talia: She looked up, smiling at him. "Hey Japh!" she flinched a bit, feeling something crawl at her feet. "Oh....hey....guys..."

Japh: Japh closed his eyes sighing. "Get back here and leave her alone, she doesn't need company." he opened his eyes looking at TJ, "I'm sorry, lately the two just have a mind of their own...well, more than usual I mean." Japh walked over to the Fridge and started looking through things people wouldn't eat.

Talia: "Hey, I never said I didn't want company," she told him. "Just....well..." she moved a chair out for him. "Maybe company I can talk to...not that like...crawl on my legs...."

Japh: Japh turned around when he heard the chair being pulled away. He stood straight up, and closed the fridge. He looked at the maggots then pointed at the trash bin. "Go crazy." he said, then walked over next to TJ.

Talia: She made a bit of a face. "They eat garbage?? Is that like..healthy for them??"

Japh: "Ah, don't worry about them. They can eat anything. McCoy once explained to me what he thought they did. They turn matter into energy, and that energy gets transferred into me, very sciency....so what are you up to?" he asked, sitting down

Talia: "Yeah but..." she paused, dropping it. "Chemistry. Studying. I hate it. I hate it SO much."

Talia: "But the midterm's coming up and I accidentally on purpose skipped the review class, so i really gotta study."

Japh: Japh looked at the textbook. He knew this stuff. "I can help you, if you want?"

Talia: "Yeah? I totally need help!" she told him, reaching for an oreo. "But....first I need milk.." She stood to grab a glass, heading to the frig. "You want any??"

Japh: "Nope, I'm fine." he watched her get up and go over to the fridge. He was glad she accepted his help, he needed a distraction, and tv was getting old. He shifted the textbook closer to him.

Talia: She poured the milk, then sat down again with a bit of a sigh. "I really shouldn't have skipped the last class. But...it's so hard to like...leave Johnny to go to a class I hate SO much."

Japh: "You know, I could like...tutor you in your room, if you don't want to leave Johnny." He realised what he just said. "I, I, I mean, just normal tutoring, it doesn't have to be in your room."

Talia: "Oh...well.." she paused a bit. "Um, well, the tutoring would be good..."

Talia: "It's not like....I don't have to be around Johnny all the time.." she stammered a bit. "Remy takes care of him too and all..."

Japh: "Yeah, but when he's taking care of Johnny, then you're probably stuck in a class, right?"

Talia: "Well, not always," she told him. "Like...he likes to have papa time with Johnny other times, like now. So I have free time sometimes." She gave him a little look. "It's not all always about him. Most of the time, but not always..."

Japh: "Heh, guess so. So what do you do in your free time if it's not studying?"

Talia: She stopped for a second, thinking. "I guess....I take pictures and all. And...maybe I spend alot of my free time around Johnny anyway..." she stopped. "But I go out and all...and hang out with others too."

Japh: "And let me guess, buy things for Johnny?" he joked. Strange, he felt better. It still hurt a bit.

Talia: She shoved at him a bit. "What're you trying to say here??"

Japh: "Ah nothing. It's a good thing you spend so much with him. Children need their parents." Japh heard a loud noise. He stood up and saw the garbage had fallen over. "Come on, I can't even let you out of my site for a second."

Talia: She giggled a bit at Japh admonishing the maggots. "It's almost like you have two of your own little babies with them."

Japh: "Oh yeah. I usually worry a lot about them when their on their own for a long time. The moment Johnny starts crawling, you know where to find someone who knows how to deal with adventurous crawlers."

Talia: She laughed. "I'll totally keep that in mind," she told him, looking to the maggots again. "So long as he's not going after the garbage witrh them."

Japh: "Heh, no, if the maggots ever crawl with him, they'd be more like little caretakers then troublemakers." he said lifting the bin up again, setting it done where it should be. "Now where were we with that science?"

Talia: Her head hit the table. "Nooooo nooooo chemistry!!"

Japh: "Yeees, yeeeees chemistry, now open it up, the faster we start, the faster you'll get rid of it." Japh said sitting down back next to her.

Talia: She opened the book up with a grunt. "I don't even get why we need to know this."

Japh: "Neither do I, but trust me, it's usually the biggest nonsense we end up using later in life."

Japh: "And this is big nonsense" He tapped on the book

Talia: "Yeah, it way is," she pulled an oreo apart, licking the white middle. "You know what? I think I need a study break anyway."

Talia: "I heard that Bobby set up a PS2 in the rec room. I suck hard at video games...." but anything but chemistry. "Wanna play???"

Japh: "Okay, look, we'll do something I let my younger brother do. One hour games, then back to studying for two hours, okay?"

Talia: She pouted a bit. "2 hours?? How about 2 hours games, 1 hour cookies??"

Japh: "Nu-uh, one and a half hours games, and you take the cookies with you. You don't need a whole hour just for snacking on cookies."

Talia: She sighed dramatically. "Ok, you win," she told him, knowing she'd just argue it later. Oh, she was not studying now.

Japh: Japh looked at her. He didn't trust her, she gave in too easily. "O...kay... I'll grab the cookies for you, you pack up your books. I'll be waiting in the recroom." He reached over and took the pack.

Talia: "Awesome!" she grabbed the books, and followed him into the rec room. Screw chemistry. This was soooooo much better.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€