9/8 Instance: Southern Cookin'

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

9/8 Instance: Southern Cookin'

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline sometime after the funday instance

Remy: He stepped into the room, smiling at the woman within. It was a nice, personal setting, a table set for two lit by soft candlelight. "Y' really went all out for dis." He said softly with a smile, crossing over to her.

Remy: She was dressed in a black gown, off the shoulder that clung wonderfully to her curves, and bared a bit of her leg on one side. "Y' look lovely."

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip and blushed a bit, "Thank ya, sugah." She looked at the small table behind her, "Is it alright? Ah mean, Ah'm sure we can find somethin' else in tha programmin' if ya wanted."

Remy: "Non. Its nice. Cozy." He pulled her chair back for her. "An' it smells great."

Rogue: She looked him over with a smile. He was wearing a deep red colored, very nice, shirt that matched his eyes and dark grey slacks. "Ah think ya look wonderful yaself." She met his eyes as hers twinkled slightly as she sat, "Thank ya."

Remy: He took his own seat, and popped the cork on the wine bottle. "When y' said dinner I didn't think y'd go t' dis much trouble, but merci." he filled her glass half way and then his own, glad that the time with his papa had polished his more formal mannerisms.

Rogue: She smiled and said a quiet thank you as he filled her glass then felt her cheeks flush a tad bit, "Well, Ah mean, ya goin' out of ya way foh me. Least Ah can do is give ya a really nice meal." She picked up her glass and swirled the wine some before taking a sip.

Remy: "Its nothin'." He clinked his glass against hers. "T' fortune on our hunt."

Remy: He sipped his own glass. "I hired d' firm t'day. I hope t' be hearin' somethin' from dem soon."

Rogue: She took another sip before sitting up a little straighter as her face lit up, "Yeah? Thank ya, Remy." She bit her lip, "Ah hope Ah didn't put ya out too much..."

Remy: He reached out and took her hand, giving it a squeeze. "Rogue. I've been tellin' y' it ain't a problem. Y' ain't impovisherin' me at all. An' I'm glad I can help y'."

Rogue: She squeezed back and took in a deep breath, "Ok. If ya say so." She looked at him with a smile as she served out some fried chicken and fresh mashed potatoes on to his plate, then hers, "So what have ya been up ta besides that?"

Remy: "Nothin' much really. Had t' do a couple of teleconferences dis week, Johnny's cuttin' another tooth, an' I wrote another essay." He smelled the food and smiled. "Oh, dis is makin' my mouth water."

Remy: "Caught Japh in TJ's bathroom too. Dat was embarrasin' for everyone around I think."

Rogue: Rogue smiled, "Dig in, sugah!" She tilted her head to the side, "Ya caught Japh in TJ's bathroom? Well, Ah can imagine that was a bit awkward... Even with the open relationship an' all."

Rogue: She realized what he'd said before, "Tha lil sugah's gettin' so big! Ah haven't seen 'im in a while." She picked up the gravy boat that was next to the salt and pepper, "Did ya want some gravy at all?"

Remy: "Oui." He lifted a forkfull to his mouth, and let his eyes slit in satisfaction. "Oh, I've been missin' dis. An' sure. I'd never say no t' gravy."

Remy: "He is. An' y' haven't?" He cut some of the chicken. "Well, we'll have t' hang out a bit more den, neh? Y' should come up sometime when we're playin'."

Rogue: She grinned as she poured some gravy for him, "Ah'm glad ya like it. Took me a bit ta get it all right, but Ah'm glad Ah finally got tha hang of it." She set the gravy back down and took a bite of her potatoes. When she swallowed, she looked up at him, "Ah'd like that, sugah. But how am Ah gonna know when ya playin' with him? Just a hit or miss type thing?"

Remy: "Jus' come on up. Or I'll make a point of askin' y'." he smiled. "Y're welcome dere anytime."

Remy: "Or nip in when TJ's around too. She likes company. An' Angel is up dere stayin' wit' her too."

Rogue: Anna nodded, "Thanks sugah." She winced slightly at the mention of her going to see TJ, "Um.. Ok.."

Rogue: She took a bite of the chicken and swallowed before she took another sip of her wine, "So, ya thinkin' 'bout joinin' Tessa's bellydancin' class?" She grinned at him, "Or Ah could give ya a private lesson..." She closed her eyes and mentally hit her head, Too forward, Anna! "Or, not... Ah mean, that's ok too."

Remy: He smiled, as she ducked her head and blushed. "Think dat a private lesson would be jus' d' thing petite."

Remy: He waited till she met his eyes again. "Why y' gettin' shy on me Anna? I like spendin' time wit' y'. Y' don' have t' be shy about askin' me to."

Rogue: She took a breath, "Ah dunno, Ah guess... Ah felt like that was a bit too forward of me. Was it not?" She picked at her gloves, unconciously, "Ah'm sorry, Remy. Ah'm not meanin' ta do this, Ah just... Ah dunno." She shrugged and took a deep breath.

Remy: "Meanin' t' do what?" He put his fork down, and gave her a concerned look. "An' it wasn't forward really. Dis isn't d' 18th century Anna. Girls are allowed t' ask boys t' do stuff. Y're hardly breakin' any rules here."

Rogue: She laughed, "Yeah, Ah dunno. Ah'm still new ta this whole, somebody actually likes me back thing... Even if it is just casual type stuff."

Rogue: She bit her lip and took another sip, "But ya'd like that though?"

Remy: "I would." He relaxed again, going back to his meal. "As I said, its fun. An' I'm not one t' complain about watchin' y' shake y're butt either."

Rogue: Rogue grinned around her glass, "Ah bet ya wouldn't." She put it down on the table and mashed her already mashed potatoes with her fork, "So what else can ya do with ya tongue Remy? Ya can tie knots in cherry stems, two at a time even, unwrap candies..." She gave him a saucy grin then took a bite of her food.

Remy: He nearly spat he sip of wine that he'd taken, and swallowed hastily, laughing a bit when he had. "I think its a less of a tell thing an' more of a showin' thing, petite."

Remy: He leaned back and cocked his head. "What did y' think I meant when I said dat?"

Rogue: Rogue grinned, she didn't mean to catch him off guard, but she liked that she had. She finished her glass of wine and set it back down, "Ta be honest, Ah'm not sure... But one day, Ah think Ah'd like ta find out."

Remy: He chuckled again. "I don' think dat'll be a problem at all petite." He went back to his meal. "So...y' said y' were talkin' wit' Drake an' stuff. I've been avoidin' him. Things ok dere?"

Rogue: She pulled the wine bottle out of the bucket and poured herself another glass, "Yeah, he's gettin' ta be a lil nicer. He also told me that he didn't mean that threat ta Johnny, he was just tryin' ta piss TJ off. An' Ah believe 'im. He actually joined a movie night a couple of us girls had the other night. Ah think he really enjoyed himself. An' the otha girls thought he was fun too. So that's good."

Rogue: She swirled her glass again and took another sip, "How's TJ doin'? She healin' ok?"

Remy: "Really? Y've done a lot den Anna. I'm impressed." He took a sip of his own wine. "She's ok. Still hurtin' pretty bad. Dey were deep cuts."

Remy: "She's healin' though. But dey'll scar a bit. Dieu, I still can't get dat whole picture outta my head wit' d' blood everywhere an' everythin'. It'll be a while till I trust him anywhere aroun' dem."

Rogue: Rogue tilted her head and gave him a small smile, "Ah know, sugah. But hopefully ya can one day. Foh right now though, Ah sure as heck-fire, don't blame ya." She took another sip and grinned, "An' thank ya. Ya know Ah do try so hard sometimes." She gave him a wink and took a couple bites of chicken.

Remy: "Y' do." he gave her a fond smile. "Y're a real sweet girl Anna. Wit' a bit of pepper thrown in, neh?" he added with a chuckle.

Remy: He pushed his chair back and pulled the pair of gloves that he'd brought with him on. He held his hand out to her. "Would y' d' me d' honour of dis dance, mademoiselle?"

Rogue: Rogue grinned and took his hand, standing up, "Why of course." She let him lead her away from the table and she gave him a tiny curtsey.

Rogue: She put her left hand up on his shoulder and let him take her right in his as some soft jazz started to play.

Remy: He pulled her a bit closer to him, and rested his hand more on her back than on her waist, keeping the rest of the movements established enough for her to follow his lead easily.

Remy: He smiled down at her. "Dis is nice, neh? We should think about doin' dis wit' a few others sometime, only for real. Doubt we could beat y're cookin' though."

Rogue: Anna let him lead her and she smiled up at him, "Ah think that would be fun. But Ah'm thinkin' that a professional chef could beat mah cookin' any time." She laid her head on his shoulder as they moved around the room, "Ah talked ta Dr. Guan, finally."

Remy: "Y' did? Dat's great. What did she say?" He cradled her a little closer, being careful of her bare face.

Rogue: "She told me that she thinks it could be that when Ah'm completely relaxed, mah powers switch off. Like it's more of a subconcious defense mechanism that they're up all tha time, since Ah ran so quickly after they manifested."

Rogue: "She said that she wants ta work with me for a month on relaxation techniques, then have me try touchin' somebody." She sighed, "Ah'm a lil uncomfortable with it, but it's worth a shot. An' Ah was talkin' ta Bobby last night 'bout it, an' he said he'd do it foh me. He swears up an' down that Ah cain't hurt 'im."

Remy: "Really? Dat's good news den. So she thinks y' can control it?" He pulled her around in a more complicated move. "An' dat's nice of Bobby t' offer dat. It'd be so good for y' if y' could figure dat out Anna." He brushed her cheek with his hand. "Too many worries for y' t' bear dis way."

Rogue: She grinned as she was pulled around the floor, "Yeah, she says that it's just a theory though. But Ah have hope in it." She closed her eyes at his touch, "Yeah, but Ah mean, Ah've kinda gotten used ta it.." She shrugged slightly, "But Ah am really excited ta see how this all goes."

Remy: "Oui. Me too. Sure y' can find ways aroun' it, petite...but nothin' will beat y' not havin' t' worry about it. T' be able t' jus' let go. An' I suppose dat'll take a lot of trust on y're part too."

Remy: He grinned again. "So if dere's any way I can help y' t' relax y' jus' let me know, bien?"

Rogue: She blushed some and looked up at him, trying to fight a smile, "Ah'm sure that you'll be one of tha first ta know, sugah."

Rogue: She laughed as they spun in a quick circle, "Ya know, Ah made dessert too."

Remy: "Oh y' really are out t' spoil me." He stopped, and lifted one gloved wrist up to his mouth, giving it a kiss. "I think I have d' tastiest thing here, but what else have y' got in store for me?"

Rogue: She grinned, "Ah made buttermilk pie an' brownies. Ya choice."

Remy: "Both?" He asked with a grin. "I'm a hard workin' guy after all..."

Rogue: She laughed, "Ya are." She gave him another small curtsey, "Thank ya foh tha dance, sugah. Ya are light on ya feet." She turned and walked back to a cart that held the food, taking out the pie and brownies. She pulled out a small dessert plate for each of them, put a thick slice of pie on each and a large brownie on his.

Rogue: She picked them up and placed them at their seats, then took away the dinner plates. "Dig in, sugah."

Remy: "Merci. An'...well...I wouldn't be much good at what I do, or what I did if I wasn't, neh? Dancin's jus' an' extension of dat."

Remy: "Y' dance really nice too. Though I'm thinkin' maybe d' next time we'll head t' d' bar? Different dancin' but jus' as fun."

Rogue: Rogue laughed then took a bite of her pie, "Sounds like a good time ta me." She winked at him before taking another sip of wine.

Remy: He finished the rest of his dessert in happy companionable silence, finally laying his fork down. "Thank y' very much for all dis Anna. Its been a nice evenin'."

Rogue: She smiled at him, "Ah'm glad ya liked it, sugah." Her gaze fell to her lap then she looked back to his eyes, "Ah had a nice time too."

Remy: He stood up again and offered his arm. "Y' have time for a bit of a walk den? Its chilly outside but not too bad if we get our coats."

Rogue: She stood up and took his arm, "Ah do have time foh that. Ah have all evenin', sugah." Ah have all tha time in tha world foh ya. She quickly looked down, pretending to straighten her dress as she realized what she just thought, What in tha hell was that? Where did that come from? At least Ah didn't say it out loud.

Remy: "Great." He took in the shy blushes with a returning smile of his own, trying to make her as comfortable as possible. He wrapped her arm around his and led her out of the room.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.