9/12 Instance: Grown Up Time

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

9/12 Instance: Grown Up Time

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

after Halloween

Remy: "Dat's it. Arch y're back more. Toss y're head back, reach for it..." He kept his hand on her lower back.

Talia: She reached backward, feeling his supporting arm, groaning a bit as she felt her back crack slightly. Too far! Finally, her hands reaching the floor, she swung her feet over, stumbling slightly on her landing. She panted a bit as she hit the mat, deciding it was quite comfortable.

Remy: "See. Y' did it." He grinned at her. "Y're gonna be turning handsprings in no time TJ. Y're flexible as hell. Y' jus' need d' confidence."

Talia: "I just need a rest," she said, closing her eyes a moment. "What do you know about my flexability anyway? I never did that before.."

Remy: He raised an eyebrow at her, and passed her her water.

Talia: "Thanks," she took a few large gulps, wiping her brow on her arm. "It's hot in here."

Remy: "It has t' be a bit. I don' want y're muscles gettin' chilled." He took a swig of his water. "But its also warm cause y've been bustin' y're ass again. Y're doin' great."

Talia: "Yeah, but we can turn up the air conditioning a little right?" she gave him a pouty lip. "Just a little bitty bit??"

Remy: He chuckled. "Sure. Fly at it." He sat down and gave her a saucy grin, and crossed his ankles. "I'm gonna turn up d' heat on y'all soon though. Y' in a heatin' vent crawlin' for a mile in full gear, y're gonna have t' know how t' deal wit' heat."

Talia: She stood, looking around, trying to figure out how to turn up the air conditioning. "We have to do that?! You seriously want me to die!"

Remy: "Told y' before, want y' prepared." He gave her a serious look. "I want y'all safe. Y' won't be if I don' prepare y' for anythin' dat could happen."

Talia: "I knowwwww..." she finally sat, giving up on figuring out the air conditioning. "But at least we're safe here. Thats good, right?"

Talia: She gave him another pleady look. "Can you turn it up? I dunno how."

Remy: He came up behind her, showing her the climate controls as he tapped them out over her shoulder. "Y' do know I ain' doin' dis t' be a bastard, oui?"

Talia: She sighed dramatically. "Sometimes I do..." she gave him a teasing look. "But then you go and make me do crazy things where I almost die."

Remy: He chuckled. "Well rest assured y' ain't d' only one. Sides which...I saw y' give birth, an' I don' think any of dis trumps dat."

Talia: "Oh, GOD no," she said. "Like, not even CLOSE. But it still doesn't make this fun."

Remy: "But y' are gettin' better." He nodded towards the equipment. "Y' wouldn't have dreamed of doin' d' stuff y're doin' now, last year. Pretty sure y'll be able t' turn handsprings an' do all sorts of stuff." He gave her a smile. "Y' remember when y' were scared t' even go off d' ground in Wagner's class? Look at y' now girl."

Talia: "Well, I still am not too into heights...but I'm doing better...I dunno.." she sighed a bit. "Mostly, I didn't trust him at all."

Remy: "Non?" He made a face. "Well. He's got a lot of his own shit t' get in order, neh?"

Talia: "Yeah, he does," she agreed. "Mostly it's like...I dunno. I didn't know anything about him, and he kept wanting me to be like him. He kept saying I was like him. And I'm not. I'm a totally different person..." she played with her hands for a second. "And like...I just thought about my Dad and all. And how he was always there, and he raised me and all. And who was this guy, you know?"

Remy: "Oui. Well I can understand dat. Y' do look like Wagner though. An' y' can move like him. Y're pretty different other dan dat though."

Talia: She gave Remy a look. "I don't look THAT much like him...its just like, the most obvious crap. And I don't have like..those issues and all. Like the drinking."

Remy: "Non." He made a face. "Heard he got drunk at d' party again."

Talia: "At the Halloween party?? He did? I saw him there...I didn't see him drink." She furrowed her brow a bit. "Well...I left a bit early though. I'm glad Johnny wasn't there for that."

Remy: "Oui. Well. It was better takin' him out of d' party anyways, cause everyones bound t' end up dat way."

Remy: "I thought y' wanted t' hang out dere though? Why did y' leave early?"

Talia: "Well...I hung out for a bit.." she told him, not meeting his gaze. "Um...me and Vic left a bit early to...hang out..."

Remy: "Ah." He nodded. "So heard dat Lorna an' Bobby figured dere shit out too."

Talia: "Oh yeah?" she stretched her legs out a bit. "They're back together now then?"

Remy: "Dat's d' rumor. Haven't talked t' Bobby or Lorna yet, but I hope so."

Talia: She looked down at her feet. "That's good. They're really sweet together."

Remy: "Oui. An' dat shit wit' Nikki was more of a misunderstandin' anyways. Bad timin'." he sighed. "An' I think he's learned his lesson. He's grown a lot d' past few weeks."

Talia: "Yeah," she rubbed her feet over the mat for a moment, before laying back on it with a yawn.

Remy: "How's Angel doin'? Haven't seen her as much as I'd like."

Talia: She rolled on her side to face him. "She's doing good. She kind of goes back and forth between like...missing Scott and cursing him. But she doesn't like to talk about it all that often you know? And...he seemed a bit off at dinner the other night too..."

Remy: "Oui. Touchy like, neh?" He frowned. "He's a hard one t' read, dat boy. An' I think we all go between cursin' him out an' other stuff, neh?" He chuckled.

Talia: She scoffed a bit. "Yeah. I dunno, he was so odd....it was hard to know how to take him...but he kinda rubbed me the wrong way.."

Remy: He laughed again. "Talia, I think he always rubs y' d' wrong way. But I know what y' mean."

Talia: "So, what, he rubs you the right way??"

Remy: "Eww. No. He's my cousin." He teased her.

Talia: She swatted him. "I didn't mean it like that! Ugh! But like, of course thats the FIRST place you go."

Remy: He grinned. "Mais oui! I have a reputation t' maintain." He sobered a bit. "Still have t' e-mail his family though."

Talia: She rolled her eyes, before looking at him. "Yeah? How do you feel about that??"

Remy: "Nervous as all hell. I mean...dey didn't get along wit' my grandma, neh? What's sayin' dey will wit' me. An' its not like Scotty an' I hit it off either."

Talia: "Yeah but....Scott said they wanna meet you, right??" she shrugged. "And..have you thought about like...finding your Grandma and all too??"

Remy: He blinked. "Non...hadn't thought about dat either. Merde."

Talia: "Don't get so nervous. I bet she'd way love to hear from you!"

Remy: "I'm still gettin' used t' havin' Papa, Mercy an' Henri. An' now Scotty. Don' know what t' think about all dis, never mind chasin' after my grandmere."

Talia: She shrugged. "You don't gotta do anything now. You can take your time and all...just keep it in mind, you know??"

Remy: "Oui. I will." He looked at her seriously. "How about y'? Y' ever think about it?"

Talia: Her bow furrowed. "Think about what??"

Remy: "Y're grandparents. Wagner's parents."

Talia: She shook her head. "No...why would I? I have...well, I had grandparents. My grandma's all thats left now.."

Remy: "Dunno. For d' same reason y'd ask me t' I imagine."

Talia: "Well...like..." how to put this. "Like...you didn't have your grandparents when you were growing up, right? So like...it's kinda different. I don't really need to meet Wagners parents cause...I had grandparents."

Remy: He looked thoughtful at that, and shrugged. "Suppose I get y're point. I'm pretty happy wit' papa on his own though."

Talia: "It's like I said, you know? Just like...keep it in mind," she stood up.

Remy: "Will do." he glanced at the clock. "Suppose we're done for d' day. Maybe we should see if Angel's free for a coffee or somethin' neh? Don' want her broodin' none."

Talia: "Should we stop by Laura's and get Johnny?" she asked, heading toward the danger room door.

Remy: "Well...she's good wit' him. It might be a good idea t' see Angel first, cause if she wants t' really talk, den its easier t' do without him, neh?"

Talia: "Yeah, good point," she stretched her arms a bit. "Honestly? I wouldn't mind a bit of time without him for right now...just to rest," she made a bit of a distressed look. "That doesn't make me a bad mother, does it?"

Remy: "Not at all. Jus' makes y' human. Everyone needs a break, neh?" He followed her out and upstairs.

Talia: "Yeah..and I need such a break," she let out a large breath as she climbed the stairs. "Did you hear him last night? I ended up just bringing him in to sleep with me, cause he was just so cranky. I wish the teething would end."

Remy: "Oui. I could do without gettin' gnawed on too." He gave her a smile. "An' I've got him t'night. So hopefully y' can catch up a bit den, neh?" They entered her room...which was empty. "Well...guess coffee's out."

Talia: "Thanks.." she went inside, collapsing on her bed. "Yeah, but sleep is in!"

Remy: "In short commodity now, ain't i..." He trailed off as he noticed something on her dresser.

Talia: "God yeah," she shifted over on her bed. "You're way welcome to too, if you want."

Remy: He jerked his attention away from the jewlery box to her, not half hearing what she said. "Welcome t' what?"

Talia: She gave him an odd look. "Lay down..if you want...unless you prefer your bed." She paused for a minute. "You ok??"

Remy: "Oui." he shook his head. "Uh...sure." He settled himself on the edge of her bed, and sighed. "Guess I'm a bit more tired dan I thought too."

Talia: "Well, like I said, you can lay down.." She was a bit confused. He seemed at a bit of an arms length suddenly. "Or...whatever I guess.."

Remy: He flopped beside her, folding up his pillow, and watching her cautiously. It had been a while...and it brought back memories. He wasn't sure how he felt about it, but gave her a soft smile and forced himself to relax a bit. "So Angel's in bed wit' y', neh? Don' think she's d' type t' curl up on d' floor."

Talia: "Nah...well, its a big enough bed too," she turned to face him too. "Very comfortable."

Remy: He smiled again at that. "Oui. Picked out good ones. If y're gonna do it, do it right."

Talia: "True. You did really good, with all the rooms," she told him, yawning again. "Did I already thank you?"

Remy: "Y' did. Don' worry about it." He drew up the blanket on the end of her bed over the both of them, feeling a mixture of peaceful drowsiness and anxiety. The drowsy was winning though. They were friends. She wasn't going to bite.

Talia: "Well..thanks again," she said, cuddling into the blanket as he pulled it up. She gave him a bit of a concerned look. "But your sure your ok??"

Remy: "Oui." He gave her a reassuring smile. "Y're gonna eat up all d' nap time if y' keep yappin'."

Talia: She shoved at him. "Oh I yap, huh?"

Remy: "Oui. An' y're jus' provin' my point." He stuck his tongue out at her.

Talia: "Well, why don't I just keep proving your point then!" she stuck her own tongue out at him, then got a better idea. She licked her finger, and stuck it on his ear.

Remy: "Gah!" He swatted at her hand. "I thought only teenaged boys did dat shit." He made a face as he scrubbed at it and then without warning drove his hand under the blanket, yanking one of her feet up.

Remy: "Y' ready t' pay d' piper girl?"

Talia: She laughed a bit as he grabbed a foot, then gave him a wide eyeed look. "No! No don't!"

Remy: "Oh sure. Y' shoulda thought about dat 'fore y' wet willied me." He drug his fingers down the sole of her foot.

Talia: She began to laugh. "NO!! NO STOP!!!!"

Remy: He got a really evil look and licked her ankle, tongue swiping the sharp bone before releasing her. "Dat'll teach y'."

Talia: She giggled, but then shivered slightly as his tongue moved over her ankle. She pulled her leg back quick. "Stop!"

Remy: "I did." He plopped her pillow over her head, and settled back down on his side of the bed. "Y' gonna rest now?"

Talia: She pushed the pillow off her head and toward him. "Jeez, rules rules rules! Rest now, get up then, shower after, are you gonna tell me to do everything??" She scrunched her nose at him.

Remy: "Oui." He gave her a grin.

Talia: She kicked at him a bit. "And how come you can tell me what to do??"

Remy: "Cause I'm d' man."

Talia: She gave him a look. "Didn't we already go over this??"

Remy: "Oui, we did, but y' ain't listenin' very good." He picked up his hand and moved it with his words. "Yap yap yap."

Talia: She grabbed his hand, giving him a look, before rolling on top of him, straddling his waist and pinning his arms down. "And who's in charge??!"

Remy: He blinked in suprise, quickly beat by a rising heat in his cheeks. At a loss of what to do, he put his hands up over his head. "Y' got me."

Talia: She looked at him for a bit, before rolling over. "Good. Now we can nap."

Remy: "Merde. Dat's what I've been sayin' all dis time woman." He rolled onto his side, facing away from her, uncertain.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€