9/17 Instance: Awkward Pie

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

9/17 Instance: Awkward Pie

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Nov 5th

Talia: Johnny sucked contentedly on his pacifier as Talia carried him down into the kitchen, hoping there was some pie left from the past few days. Preferably peach.

Talia: She made it down, placing him in his high chair with a toy, before digging into the refrigerator. Yes! It was here! And almost gone, she was lucky! She took a large slice on a plate, before sitting beside her son. Very nice.

Bobby: Bobby paused after bursting into the kitchen. "Oh... hey!" He smiled at TJ and the baby, then went for the fridge. Sugar, sugar... awesome. Popping the top on the can of soda, he noticed the baby watching him.

Talia: "Hey!" she greeted Bobby as he ran to the fridge. Johnny watched him pretty intently for a bit, before laughing and banging against his high chair.

Bobby: "Heh, guess I'm entertaining." He hopped onto the counter opposite them, waving a bit at Johnny. "Good to know somebody thinks so. He's cute. He's getting big, too."

Rogue: Rogue walked into the kitchen, feeling her sweet tooth kick in. She spotted TJ and grimaced a bit. "Hey TJ.." Then Bobby and Johnny, "Hey, Bobby." Her smile widened, "An' hello there, lil sugah!" She cooed at him a second before turning to the fridge, "What are yall up to?"

Talia: She noticed the grimace and decided not to respond. "Thanks.." she said to Bobby. "Yeah, he's growing really fast, right??" She took another bite of her pie.

Bobby: "Roguey!" He grinned at her around a sip of soda. "Just entertaining the baby," he said, watching Johnny turn to blink those big eyes at Rogue. "Yeah, he is - I guess they do that."

Rogue: Rogue dug around and found some pies, "Oooh! Apple pie!" She put a slice on a plate and warmed it in the microwave for a few seconds, "He's such a doll, isn't he?" She took the pie out when the microwave dinged, and sat down at the bar, taking a small bite. She smiled, "Soo good."

Talia: "He is," she responded flatly, putting a bit of the smooth, non chunky bit of the peach filling on the spoon and lifting it to his lips. He closed his mouth on it, sucking on the spoon, before smiling. "Mmm, yummy, right? Great Grandma'll make this for us too!"

Bobby: Bobby glanced between the two girls, taking another drink. Sliding off the counter, he decided to look for leftover Halloween candy.

Bobby: "You go, little dude, get that sugar high on." He gently patted Johnny on a little shoulder as he went by, smiling at TJ, who was definitely acting weird.

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "That his first bite of pie?" She laughed as some of the goop dripped to his chin, "It is good, huh?"

Talia: "Yeah," she said. "But it's not like what I get at home.." she gave Bobby a look. "Yeah, I don't need him getting addicted to sugar already!"

Bobby: "Nah, that's fruit, after all, right? So that's even a real food group." He chuckled, voice muffled as he leaned into a cabinet. "Well... started out as fruit, anyways..."

Talia: "True," she took another bite, Johnny now reaching for it with a whine. She gave him his toy to distract him. "Oh! I heard you and Lorna got back together!!"

Bobby: "Bah, I think the candy gnomes got all the Halloween candy..." He shut the door and decided to sit down at the table, reaching over and rattling Johnny's toy. The baby banged it in answer and he grinned. "Yeah! It's pretty awesome."

Talia: She laughed at the two of them a bit. "I bet it is...how long were you guys together before you broke up??"

Bobby: "Well, technically, about seven months." Johnny babbled at him, well distracted from mom's pie, so Bobby decided to make faces at him. "Got Roguey there to thank for helping us get back together."

Rogue: Rogue gave Bobby a goofy grin, "Ah didn't do anythin', but tell ya ta talk ta her." She laughed at Johnny giggling at Bobby, "He is pretty funny lookin', huh?"

Talia: "Well...it's good you guys figured it out," she took another bite, feeling odd. She gave him a small smile. "It's tough when it doesn't, you know?"

Bobby: "Hey now." Bobby poked his tongue out at Rogue and got popped in the face with the toy for his trouble. "Well, you ran interference on Sean too."

Bobby: He looked back at TJ. "Yeah..." He didn't know the whole story with her and Remy, but... "I can imagine. Sometimes things turn out okay though... just not like how you expect."

Talia: "Yeah, sometimes.." she played with her pie a bit, avoiding Rogue's eye. "But sometimes you just have to be ok with how things turn out. And thats the hardest part."

Rogue: Rogue took a bite of her pie and thought for a moment, "Adjustin's always hard. But change is the only constant in life. Sometimes, it's change ya don't want, sometimes ya do... But it's how ya handle it that makes ya who ya are foh tha most part."

Talia: TJ gave her a look, then stood to put her pie plate in the sink. "And sometimes you trust people, and you believe what they tell you, and it turns out they lied anyway. And we all gotta adjust to that."

Bobby: Still playing with Johnny, Bobby watched them, one eyebrow raised. Okaaay.

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "An' sometimes ya give someone so much advice that ya get tired of them not takin' it, an' act on ya own feelin's." She got up and went to the fridge for a drink, avoiding eye contact with TJ.

Talia: She narrowed her eyes a bit. "I thought they were my feelings."

Rogue: Rogue looked up at her, "At first." She went and sat back down, cracking her soda open.

Talia: She took a breath, pausing. "Well. Shows how good your word is I guess. After everything I said, and everything you told me. And I thought we were friends."

Bobby: Get used to this, he silently told Johnny, tickling the boy's tummy and then getting him on the nose when he looked down. Oh, ouch.

Rogue: "We were? Ah thought ya didn't like me anymore, with tha way ya been actin'. An' if ya were mah friend, ya woulda trusted me an' taken mah advice insteada been so stubborn."

Talia: She narrowed her eyes. "I didn't even get a chance to do anything before you fucking moved in. And yeah, we were before I shared like, everything with you and you used it all against me."

Rogue: "Ya weren't gonna do anythin', TJ. Ya told me 'no' several times." She sighed as she felt a headache starting to pound near the back of her head.

Bobby: Okay, that's real nice. Bobby sat up and cleared his throat a little, reminding them he was there. Johnny was starting to look at his mom as she got more agitated.

Talia: She sighed, going to grab Johnny out of his chair. "You don't know anything. You know nothing about me, or this situation, or any of it. So, thanks for helping SO damn much."

Rogue: Rogue scoffed quietly, "So Ah don't have all ya memories stuck in mah head? Ah know everythin' 'bout ya life that you remember." She narrowed her eyes and started to open her mouth again, but then noticed Johnny and got a mock happy look and spoke in a more upbeat tone, "Ah like him now. They started as ya feelin's, but grew ta be mah own. But don't worry. It's nothin' real serious, sugah."

Talia: "I don't want to hear about it!" she said, turning away. "Yeah, you have all my memories, and you know everything about me. So, thanks."

Bobby: Bobby's eyebrows both shot up at that. Okay. Now, he was sure what the hell they were talking about.

Rogue: "So then why'd ya bring it up?!" She clenched her jaw and took a deep breath. This was frustrating.

Talia: She joggled Johnny a bit, handing him his pacifier. "To thank you, I guess. For being such a good friend."

Rogue: Rogue took a drink, trying to calm down some before she said something stupid. "Any time."

Talia: She was going to say more, but closed her mouth, and turned from the room, heading back up to her own.

Bobby: He looked up from rubbing his eyes and debating an escape when he heard the door swing. Rogue was still in the kitchen though.

Bobby: "Okay.... look, I'm well aware that whole..." he waved a hand vaguely "...thing, was none of my business. But - the hell?"

Rogue: Rogue took a deep breath, "No, sugah, it's fine. TJ's apparently pissed at me 'cause Ah'm kinda sorta datin' Remy."

Bobby: "Yeah... kinda got that, actually. I thought though that they were over. I mean.... I was here when they broke up. There was a whole dramatic thing." He drained his nearly forgotten soda. "I know the kid complicates it, but..."

Rogue: She sighed and slumped her shoulders, "They are... But..." She made a frustrated noise. This was TJ's information to tell, not hers. She wasn't sure how to explain it..."Ah dunno... It really is complicated."

Bobby: "I bet. It always is." Bobby got up and threw away the can, leaning on the counter by Rogue. "Like I said, I know it's none of my business. And I'm not going to be telling anybody about this little exercise in awkward."

Rogue: She chuckled a bit, then leaned over and gave him a hug, sighing into his chest, "Ah had no idea life around lots of people would be so awful sometimes. Ah guess when ya romanticize things, they get a bit outta hand."

Bobby: "Hey, it's not all bad. People can be pretty entertaining sometimes." In a train wrecky way. He returned the hug. "But, yeah, I know what you mean. If you wanna talk about it sometime... well, you know where I live."

Rogue: She sat up and pushed her pie around for a minute before grinning, "So that must have been entertaining foh ya huh?"

Bobby: "Oh yeah, way better than that poke in the eye with a sharp stick I had been planning for the day." He shrugged, grinning back. "Had fun with Johnny though. I think we bonded."

Rogue: She laughed, "Sorry, sugah. But tha lil sugah is a cutie. Definitely a charmer."

Rogue: She stood up and put her pie plate in the sink and threw away her can, "Ah'm really sorry ya got stuck in tha middle of that so ta speak."

Bobby: "Meh, it's fine. There are worse things to be in the middle of." At least it's not me in shit this time. He realized asking Remy for advice on women might not have been too smart.

Bobby: He checked his watch. "Well, Dee should be getting out of class..."

Rogue: She grinned, "Ah'm glad everythin' worked out with y'all." She looked up at the clock, "Yeah, Ah should be goin' too. See ya 'round, sugah."

Bobby: "So am I," he said, waving out. "I'm sure everything will work out, Rogue - things generally do, eventually."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€