9/19 Instance: MLF: The Reckoning

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

The day after “Mutant Liberation Front”.

sage: Tessa sat flicking around the channels on the television in the rec room, not really paying it attention. She switched it to the news in the hope something was going on somewhere in the world.

Cessily: Cessily snuggled against Tessa and let out a sigh. "I hope it's not another Kelly interview. I can't stand seeing his ginning face every five minutes."

Andreas: Andreas was reading his special edition of 'The Art of War' in the recroom. Today wasn't a football game, so he didn't mind others using the TV.

Cessily: She shook her head. "I... I still can't believe the guy won. And how many votes he has gotten." Her expression darkened. "The first time I get to vote, when I thought that I could actually make a difference... and then that. After all the trouble I went through until they even let me register."

sage: "As I'm still not quite caught up on politics, what's wrong with him other than he looks incredibly conceited?" Tessa leaned her head on top of Cessily's.

Andreas: Oh yes, the concept of spies...No one had ever described it that good. What was...uhm...metal girl talking about?

Cessily: "Other than being a conservative republican? He has... issues with mutants. I guess he sees us as a potential threat. Like many people do."

Andreas: Sure he does...maybe we should have set HIS house on fire?...

sage: Tess blinked, then shrugged. "Can't say I don't understand it. But then again, anybody with a lead pipe and a good swing is a potential threat. does he discount those?"

Cessily: "Hasn't it always been like that with people who are different? Be it another skin colour, another religion, another political view. People just mistrust each other, hate each other." Cessily sighed again. "Look what they do to each other. They lock them up because they believe in something else and say that they are terrorists."

Cessily: She looked at Tessa. "Now imagine what they could do to us."

Andreas: "Ja, I'm sure shooting you will be quite useful..."

sage: Tessa raised her eyebrow at Andreas. "Something tells me we could all get out as soon as we were put in, if it came to that."

Andreas: "Hört hört..."

Cessily: "I don't worry about me." Cessily glanced over to Andreas. "But what about my friends? What about my family?"

Andreas: "Oh?" He also rose an eyebrow and then closed his book. "You aren't the only mutant in your family?"

sage: "Are you?"

Cessily: Cessily shook her head. "No, I'm only one. But what if someone thinks that my family is responsible for my existence? Or that they will have more mutant children. People tend to go after everyone who they believe is responsible in some way when they are scared."

Andreas: Andreas shruged. "Well, bad luck it is, then."

sage: "That's when you simply beat the persecutors bloody and leave them to die a cold, lonely death in a wasteland."

sage: Tessa rubbed her cheek over Cessily's hair.

Andreas: "Sounds like a plan."

Andreas: Those two were quite close...Are they...?...Ewwww...

Cessily: Cessily snuggled closer to Tessa. "No. That's not the solution. Violence never is. They'll just think that they were right in fearing us, and then everything will just get worse." She smiled at Tessa. "That doesn't mean that I wouldn't protect you with my life if I have to."

sage: Tessa had to chuckle. "Violence might not be a permanent solution, but it definitely buys you time to think of one."

Japh: Japh walked into the recroom from the kitchen, Eanie and Meanie finally had their full and if they were happy, Japh was happy. "Hey girls, what's shaking?" He bent down and kissed Cess, then Tessa, as he passed and sat on a chair.

Andreas: Ok, and now the worm guy too?...Only needs them having sex in a dumpster to outgross me more now. Igitt...

Cessily: "Hey, Japh." She smiled, then nodded at the screen. "Watching some TV. Or... trying to find something interesting." Cessily paused, looking at the screen. "There are the local news, let's watch that. Maybe no Kelly that way."

Japh: "Oh please, fat chance of that. Kelly's been hogging the lime light as much as he can." Japh sank a little more into his chair, getting comfortable.

Andreas: "I guess it's overcompensation of a kind."

sage: Tessa snickered. "Most likely."

Cessily: Cessily smiled a little. "Every politician does that. Even the decent ones. But this guy is just... creepy. You know he's not being honest when he grins into the camera."

Japh: "Honest politician? Hahaha, oh that's funny." Japh wiped away a fake tear.

Andreas: "...Are you crying?..." Sissy.

sage: Tessa laughed and rolled her eyes. "It's a joke, Andreas. Lighten up."

Andreas: "Like this?" He made his hand glow.

Japh: Japh looked at Andreas with a rather confused look on his face. "You had a really sheltered childhood, didn't you."

Cessily: "Well, there are some good ones. Like, Nelson Mandela, for example."

Japh: "No, I am not allowing anyone to bring Madiba anywhere close to normal politicians. He's above that."

sage: Tessa listened with half an ear to the television, deciding to just ignore Andreas for the moment.

Andreas: Well, gut, if no one wants to even TRY and laugh... He switched his powers off and started to read his book again.

Cessily: "I was just saying that there are some with integrity and ideals. Not many, but they do exist." Her gaze went towards the screen as well. "Oh, look at that. This isn't far from here."

Japh: Japh's mouth cracked a smile, "Mutant Liberation Front? M L F? Hehehe...milf. Whoever thought that name up was probably an idiot."

sage: Tessa rolled her eyes and reached out to brush Japh's arm. "Only you would say that. What are they aiming to liberate us from?"

Andreas: "Ja...maybe..." Screw you...and your worms...

Cessily: "Oh my... who did that?" Cessily shook her head. "Mutant Liberation Front? Whoever did that wasn't doing us a favor."

Japh: "Well, they're not saving us from horribly thought out acronyms, that's for sure."

Andreas: "Oh, I don't know...it's at least a break from Kelly's mutant-hate tirades that run over the television all the time."

Andreas: "And Xavier wanted PR, what is better than this?"

Japh: "I don't think the professor wanted that kind of PR."

Cessily: "Well, yes, but now they are probably going to think that mutants have something to do with it. That's just what Kelly and his goons need."

Andreas: "Any kind of PR is good PR, nicht wahr?"

Andreas: "And who says that they weren't humans that want to fight for us?," he told Cessily.

sage: Tessa cocked an eyebrow at Andreas. "There's no proof that mutants did this, though. Kelly can't go after us unless there's reasonable evidence that helps his case."

Cessily: Cessily sunk back into the couch and turned her head to look at Andreas. "Maybe they are, and maybe they can't prove that it was mutants did it. But you can bet that they are going to use this to their advantage."

Andreas: "See? Exactly my point. As long as he can't prove it were mutants, it can't be bad PR!"

sage: Tessa laughed out loud at that. "oh, my friend, you have no idea of how spin works, do you? Kelly can't go after us himself, but he can stigmatize us so much that we'll be worse than untouchable to everyone else."

Japh: "Kelly's the bloody president, he's got a whole wing of the whitehouse to spin this in any way he wants to. He's got absolute power."

Andreas: "And a mutant hater shouldn't have absolute power. Good that there are people who show him he doesn't."

Japh: "You can say it any way you want to, it still fuels his campaign to show mutants are a bad idea."

Cessily: "But... that's not what we need. We have to show the people that they have nothing to fear from us. Violence and vandalism accomplishes nothing but the very opposite." Cessily crossed her arms. "Maybe we should go and say that we don't agree with this kind of actions and tell the culprits to stop it because they are not helping."

Andreas: "Sure, you do that. And then you say that Kelly is on Santa's naughty-list for spitting lies and hatred!"

Cessily: "What else is there for us to do then?" She asked in return.

Andreas: "Thank them for standing up for us?"

Japh: "There's nothing we can do. Just say we don't know of any of it, and ride out the wave it's gonna cause."

Cessily: "And show the public that we agree with using violence? It's nice that there are people who are on our side, but this is not the right way."

Tessa: "Are you sure they were on our side? It might have been Kelly's own people. Destruction by a third party makes an excellent frame." Tessa was concerned over the newscast.

Andreas: "Weell, whatever!" He made an annoyed gesture with his hand. They would never understand, they were followers, not leaders...

Tessa: "That's an awfully nonchalant view, Andreas, for someone who could be threatened by this just as much as everyone else in the room."

Cessily: They showed more images of the burnt office building. "You know, I wouldn't really be surprised if that were the case, Tess."

Japh: "That would be a great way of getting more people to be on your side, invent an enemy."

Andreas: He just ignored Tessa. Sheep they are, nothing more...

Japh: "You know, I think I read about that idea from somewhere, but I just can't put my finger on it..."

Tessa: "The only problem with inventing the enemy of your enemy is that they might not always be your friend." Tessa clamped down on the nervous prickling she felt on her skin. "Sometimes you just create a worse enemy."

Japh: "Not if make sure the enemy is already destroyed when you go up against them. But actually, I doubt if Kelly would really stoup so low."

"Well, I don't know either. I just know that I'd like to smack the one who did that over the head. That's so stupid and pointless."

Andreas: His right eye twitched shortly, but he tried to concentrate on the pages before him.

Cessily: "Why can't they organize a peaceful protest or something like that? Or maybe an event where they could invite us to show that we can all get along with each other."

Andreas: "Ja, like the world's biggest group-hug..."

Cessily: "Yes! Something like... say, Woodstock. A big party with everything. Maybe for a good cause." Cessily smiled now. "That would be some PR."

Tessa: Tessa gave Cessily a small smile and kissed her cheek. "If nothing else, sweetheart, you could be a great pacifist."

Cessily: "Thanks!" She beamed at Tessa and kissed her back. "Hey, it worked for Gandhi."

Japh: "Heh, I could go on a hunger strike." Japh joked

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "So could I. Although... I really like food. That would be hard."

Japh: "But I'm sure this whole nonsense will blow over. Hopefully the idiots that did that would come to their senses."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Vic and Andy are in DEEP SHIT.

Heh. Great instance, guys :D
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art