9/19 - Instance "Rocky Horror Cooking Show"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

9/19 - Instance "Rocky Horror Cooking Show"

Post by JSherlock »

timeline current time but before the 1000th.

Kitty: Kitty took out the steeping pot of chicken noodle soup from the fridge and put the large pot on the stove turning it on low. Now, where is that matzo ball mix?

Rogue: Rogue dumped a bunch of the chocolate bark into the warmed pot next to Kitty's and went to grab a spoon, the sticks, and the molds. "What are ya makin', Kit?"

Kitty: "Chicken noodle soup! It's really good for cold days, and it's sooo cold here!" She cuddled up to the warm stove, almost. "And it tastes great, and it's grandma's speciality. This is her secret recipe. You cook it for two days."

sage: Tessa sat at the counter on a tall stool, sipping from a cup of hot cocoa. She smiled at the kitchen scene, with so many girls in it.

Cessily: Cessily ambled closer to have a look over Kitty's and Rogue's shoulders. "This looks like it's turning into something nice and delicious. And that sounds wonderful, Kitty."

Rogue: "Two days?? Really? That sounds interestin'. But granma's always know how ta cook tha best." She stirred some of the chocolate as it started to melt.

Kitty: "Oh yes. the taste is soo full of flavour - and it fills you right up!"

Rogue: "Can Ah try it when it's ready?"

Cessily: "Oh yes, that she does. Mine knows so many great recipes. And my grandpa is a good cook, too. He also knows
many Indian dishes."

Kitty: "Of course - it won't be ready until later. it needs to warm up and I need to make the matzo balls."

sage: "Your grandmother's chikcen noodle soup has Matzoh balls in it?" Tessa quirked an eyebrow.

Cessily: "Oh, matzo balls. It's been forever since I've had something with those."

Rogue: Rogue quirked an eyebrow, "Matzoh balls? What's that?"

sage: TEss giggled and drank. "Ingredient in Jewish penicillin."

Rogue: Rogue stirred some more and let a few more of the chocolate pieces plunk to the bottom, "Isn't penicillin mold based?"

Kitty: Kitty laughed. "Oh yes - they cure every ill known to man! but,t hey're like a meal-based thing. You mix them with vegetable oil and roll it into balls and cook. It's my favorite comfort food."

sage: "It's not reallly penicillin, Rogue. But yes, the real one was discovered growing in a mold sample."

Cessily: "That looks promising, too, Rogue." Cessily grinned at the chocolate. "Yes, a friend's mother at home made them for me a few years ago." She set up the mixer on a free counter.

Kitty: "Ewww! Let's not talk about mold when i'm cooking good food!"

Kitty: "I like, might ralph into the pot!"

Cessily: "But there are some very nice kinds of mold. In blue
cheese, for example." Cessily smiled over her shoulder.

Kitty: Kitty made a face. "That stuff stinks!" She moved to the pantry to rummage for the package she'd bought a few days earlier.

Rogue: "Comfort food always means somethin' delicious." She grinned, "Thanks, Cess!" She stirred some more then realized she left the heater on in her bathroom, "Hey, Cess, will ya stir this foh me for a min? Ah'll be right back... Just make sure it doesn't stick to tha bottom or the sides or anythin'."

sage: Hm. Tessa thought about making something, but couldn't remember if they had all the ingredients. "Do we have phyllo dough in here?"

Kitty: "Yes! I bought some the other day with the matzo ball mix - it's in the freezer!"

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes as she entered the kitchen, frowning. Why wouldn't the woman leave her alone? Stupid mother. She brought the phone back to her ear. Damn, she was still talking. "Heh, yeah, I have to go now...no really, I do." She shook her head and just hung up, turning off her phone.

Cessily: "Of course, no problem." Cessily stepped over to the pot and began to stir.

Kitty: "Hi, Rae!" Kitty chirped.

Cessily: "Hi, Rae!" Cessily waved with her free hand. "Phyllo dough?" She asked Tessa.

sage: Tessa laughed and went to get the dough and some honey. "Pistachios....are....somewhere. For baklava. You'll like it."

Kitty: "Oooooh! Baklva! That is the best ever. I don't think we have pistachios, though. Maybe a teacher does? Professor Munroe might."

rachel: "Hey," she stuffed the phone in her pocket. Although, she'd rather throw it at the wall. Oh, cooking...something she definently could not do.

Cessily: "Oh, that sounds intriguing." Cessily grinned at them, still stirring the chocolate.

Kitty: Kitty disappeared further into the pantry, singing, "ooooh mazto balls, where aaare yoooouuu?"

rachel: She dug through the fridge and settled on a soda for now before taking a seat at the table. Rachel slightly wondered how long it would take before she realized she'd hung up on her...

Cessily: Cessily peeked to the left and right, then quickly dipper her finger into the molten chocolate and licked it off.

sage: "Ha! Found you. Sneaky little green pellets of goodness." Tessa stoodd on her tiptoes to reach the container in the back of the cabinet, but she got it and went back to her counter
space.

Kitty: Squeals of victory came from the pantry and Kitty marched out carrying the mix and a bottle of canola oil. "Found it!"

sage: Tessa stuck her tongue out as she broke open the box of phyllo dough and squirted honey onto it in thick ribbons. Spatula.....good.

Cessily: Cessily laughed as Tessa and Kitty found their prey. "Looks like we're all in for a sweet culinary surprise today."

Kitty: "Oooooh, yes!" Kitty set up the ingredients and got a mat to set the balls on. She went to check on how hot the pot was. Barely even luke warm. She sighed and waited.

Cessily: "I hope I'm allowed to taste when everything is finished?" Cessily looked at Tessa, then at Kitty and back again.

Kitty: "I'll dish everyone up a bowl." Kitty rolled her eyes. She was making a stock pot full of soup for everyone to enjoy.

rachel: Mmmmm...food. "What are you making, Kitty?" Not that it mattered...as long as it wasn't pasta salad...

sage: Tess shrugged. "Sure. There's going to be a whole sheet of it, you can all try it." She turned back and continued to make layers of pistachio, honey, and dough.

Kitty: "Chicken noodle soup!"

Cessily: "Shiny!" Cessily added more chocolate to the pot and stirred.

rachel: "Cool." Okay, that kicked the pasta salad's ass. Now, she just had to make it through the rest of the night without a phone call, and she may be able to save what sanity she had
left.

sage: "Oh, Rachel, I meant to tell you thanks for letting me and Drake try out your skateboard. It was fun there for a minute." Tessa smiled and licked honey off her fingers.

rachel: She shrugged, "No problem. I would've stayed and made sure you were okay, but yeah...the damn phone..."

sage: "Oh, I've been whacked in the head by worse. But thanks anyway."

Kitty: "Whacked with a skateboard? What have I missed?"

Cessily: Cessily took another fingertip of chocolate. "Did you teach them how to skate?"

sage: Tessa giggled and gestured with her spatula. "Not whacked with the skateboard. Fell off and whacked the pavement."

Kitty: "Ooooh. I like, am totally having a blonde moment!"

Cessily: "Ouch. I hope you didn't hurt yourself."

rachel: "Being whacked with a skateboard hurts way more," she glanced at Cess, "Not really. I skated some and gave them my board..."

Cessily: "Maybe I should try skateboarding again sometime. I used to skate a little during high school." She turned down the heat a bit. "But for the most part I stuck with my old bicycle."

Kitty: "I like walking."

rachel: "You should. You could get in trouble with Bobby and me for skating inside," she smirked.

sage: "I think the closest i'm coming to wheels between my feet and the ground will be riding a bicycle."

Cessily: "Hee, now that sounds very promising." She grinned and stuck her tongue out at Rachel. "And I like walking, too, Kit.
Especially walking on the walls. Now that is fun."

Kitty: "Uh...I like the ground. But like, I can kinda fly. Sorta."

sage: Tess paused in laying over a top sheet of dough. "Sorta?"

Kitty: "Well. I can sit in the air, but like, I can't move very much." she hopped up and stayed in midair. "See? But like, if I wanted to actually fly to that side of the room, I can't. I don't know how."

Cessily: "Hmmm." Cessily put the spoon down. "And if you pick up momentum before you begin to float in mid air? Like a... running jump?"

Kitty: "Nope."

Kitty: She dropped back down. "I can walk - like, go through
the ceiling. But other than that, I am no Superman."

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "And if you try to... well, swim through the air?"

Rogue: Rogue walked back in and sighed, relieved she hadn't burnt the whole mansion to the ground with her space heater, "Ah'm back. Hows tha chocolate comin'?"

Kitty: "I don't know. I've never tried."

rachel: "I don't fly enough to do more than float because I don't really practice."

Cessily: "Maybe you should." She smiled at Kitty before turning to Rogue. "Hey. It's coming along nicely. Here, have a look."

rachel: "Hey, Rogue."

Rogue: Rogue smiled and took a peek in, "Oh wonderful, sugah! Thanks so much!" She streched out some wax paper on the counter and put the mold over it, "Ah think it's ready ta be poured inta tha mold. Will ya help me? Either spoon it out or
hold tha sticks in place?"

Rogue: "Hey, Rae! How are ya, sugah?"

rachel: "I'm alive," she shrugged.

Cessily: "Oh, I can spoon it out. Just tell me when."

sage: "Nine-Thirty." Tess smirked and to press the sheets of phyllo together.

Rogue: Rogue took the spoon and stirred the chocolate, "Go ahead an' pour it in an' Ah'll put tha sticks in when ya done."

Cessily: "Okay." Cessily took the pot and carefully poured the chocolate into the mold, using the spoon to get it all out. "Oh, maybe... I could get to lick out the pot?"

Rogue: Rogue stuck the sticks in so it would make chocolate suckers and laughed, "Sure. But Ah get tha spoon."

Cessily: "Of course, there you go!" She handed Rogue the spoon with a grin before she began to scoop the chocolate out of the pot with her finger. "Mmm..."
Kitty: "Oh, that smells so good!" Kitty said, sneaking a finger of her own. "And tasty."

Cessily: "Anyone else? Tess? Rae?"

sage: "Sure."

rachel: "I'm cool. Think I'll wait for the actual thing."

Kitty: Kitty gave her soup a stir, it was a bit warmer now. "Oh, almost."

Rogue: Rogue grinned as she licked the spoon. Just like when she was a kid... Still licking the spoon, she walked over to the freezer and looked inside, trying to find room for the mold.. "Ah ha!" She put a frozen dinner on the bottom and made a small area on the top. She put the molds there and shut the freezer. "Should be ready in 2 or 3 hours."

Cessily: "Okay." Cessily scooped up some more chocolate and held out her finger for Tessa with a smile on her face. "Here."

sage: "If no one's using it, can I get the oven for fifteen minutes or so?" Tessa balanced her sheet pan on a hand, reaching out with the other to steady Cessily's wrist as she took a lick.

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "Molten chocolate is a nice thing, yes?"

Kitty: "Indeed!"

Rogue: "Most definitely, Cess." She licked the last off her spoon
and frowned. Then she got an idea and stuck it in the pot, scooping a bit out with a grin on her face.

Kitty: Kitty stepped aside to let Tessa put the baklava into the oven, feeling a stab of jealousy at the lick. She brushed it away, knowing that she'd find the right person soon. "Soooo. soup's warming up, and we have two desserts! We should celebrate with movies."

rachel: "What movies exactly?"

Cessily: "Definitely." Cessily beamed. "What movies do we have?"

Kitty: "I don't know." Kitty shrugged.

sage: "I think we've got nearly everything, unless we're talking foreign ones. Casablanca." Tessa waited for the timer to go off on the oven.

rachel: "I have horror, Tim Burton, and Happy Feet...."

Rogue: "Ah've got The Prestige in mah room..."

sage: "Do we have The Rocky Horror Picture Show?"

Rogue: "Oh, Ah love that movie, Tessa!"

Kitty: "Oh, Rocky Horror!" Kitty squealed. We need to watch
that! Yes!"

Cessily: "I'm fine with anything. I'll prepare a few drinks."

sage: Tess wanted to hug rogue so badly. "Do I get to be Frankenfurter?"

Kitty: "No! That's me!" Kitty made a face. "Well, we both can."

Rogue: "Only if Ah can be Columbia," she told Tessa with a grin. "Ooooh, two Frankenfurter's, this should get interestin'!"

sage: "Twice as nice." Tessa said with a quirked eyebrow and a smirk.

Cessily: Cessily got the juice out of the fridge and put it on the tray, together with a few glasses.

Kitty: "Don't get strung out by the way that I look, don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not much of a man by the light of day,
But by night I'm one hell of a lover." Kitty sang, stirring the soup again.

Rogue: Rogue giggled and sang in a high pitched voice, "Let's do tha time warp agaaaain."

Tessa: "It's just a jump to the left..." Tessa hopped to her left and nearly knocked into Kitty. "Whoops."

Kitty: "Yikes! Let's like, take this to the rec room so the soup doesn't go all over!" Kitty steadied Tessa and grinned.

Kitty: "We should dress up..."

Cessily: "Oh, that would be fun!" Cessily laughed as she put some cutlery on the tray and picked it up.

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "We should, but, uh, Columbia's got bare skin showin'... So unless y'all plan ta not get anywhere near me, probably not tha best idea foh me ta do it."

Kitty: "Well, hey...want to see a midnight showing and dress up? Gissy and me did that allll the time!"

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Now that could be fun."

sage: Tessa giggled madly. "We should rope some of the boys into it as well. Scott would make a perfect Brad."

Kitty: "Oh, he wouldn't go for it! He's been hiding in the lab...but maybe some soup would convince him to come?"

Cessily: "Oh totes. Soup always helps." She giggled. "And I'm a shapeshifter. I could play a boy, too, if it's necessary."

sage: "Mmmmm....maybe. Who else could we pull in?"

Kitty: "Oooooh! Oh - no she went to England. Who wants to be Janet?"

rachel: "Too bad Lizzie isn't here..."

sage: Tessa looked at Cessily. "We couold maybe pull in Japh
to play someone."

Rogue: Rogue got a smile on her face, "Who's tha lucky guy who gets ta wear a gold speedo an' be Rocky?"

sage: "Vic. He's blond, at least."

Cessily: "Hmm... maybe we could ask Drake?"

Kitty: "No! He's all furry and looks like a cat!"

Kitty: "Maybe we could dye someone's hair? Scott's got blue eyes. Angel told me."

sage: "Alright, maybe Remy then. Something tells me he'd have no problems with it." Tessa bent over to slide the pan out of
the oven and seet it on the stovetop.

Rogue: Rogue's face flushed slightly, "Ah dunno..."

Kitty: Kitty checked on her soup which was getting hot. "Ok, time to make the matzo balls!" she washed her hands and started combining the meal and canola oil, making balls in the palms of her hands.

Kitty: "Well, like, I need to give Scott something to eat, so I'll ask him if he'll come dressed up. I'll ask him to play Rocky, ok?"

Rogue: "Ah thought he was gonna be Brad."

Cessily: "That would be awesome, Kit." Cessily thought that they would probably need some plates, so she grabbed and put them on the tray as well.

Kitty: "Well, I can ask." She winked. "I saw him swimming once - he's like, hot. But soo totally off-limits."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Ah'm gonna take ya word on tha hot part, Kitty."

Cessily: "Scott's not bad." She grinned at them. "And neither is Angel. So sad they're no longer together."

Kitty: "Oh, you should. He's got a swimmer's bod!" She blushed and turned away, rolling the meal with a lot of concentration.

sage: "Scott has blue eyes? They sound pretty. Wish I could see them." Tess ran the tip of a knife through the pastry, cutting it into triangles.

Kitty: "I know, poor Angel! What a jerk!"

Rogue: "No kiddin'!" She frowned then took a peek in the
freezer... Still not done...

sage: "He's probably broken up over them not being otgether as much as she is."

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "He did seem a lil down the otha day when we all made those sundaes..."

Kitty: "Well, what Angel told me is he kissed Lizzie, her best friend! Like, seriously, what kind of cad does that?" She took the balls over to the soup and plopped them in carefully watching them cook.

rachel: "Well, they broke up last semester too," she shrugged.

Cessily: "Yes, they both looked so down lately." She shook her head, speaking more to herself.. "These things always make me feel so sad. Why... why can' well all just get along and love each other? Why does it have to end in tears that often?"

Kitty: "I feel sorry for him, too a little, but it's his own fault."

sage: "Best guess? He's a guy. He probably wasn't thinking straight. It happens, and you make mistakes." Tessa reached a hand around Cess's waist.

Kitty: Kitty giggled, blushing a bit. "Oooh yeah. And like, Lizzie's really pretty. Annnyway - soups up! I'll just serve you all if you go to the rec room and start the movie?"

Cessily: "True. And as long as you learn from them and make up for them, it's gonna be alright." She smiled and gave Tessa a quick kiss.

Rogue: Rogue smiled, "Sure! Who's got a copy of it?"

sage: Tessa raised her free hand. "You know the box under my bed? It's in there."

Kitty: Kitty decided she wasn't going to ask what else was in the box as she'd found some interesting things in the box under Cessily's bed. things she never wanted to think about
ever again.

Rogue: "Sweet! Go run an' get it an' Ah'll clear tha Rec room."
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro