9/21 Instance: Incident Report

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

right after From Italy with Love

Remy: Remy sat with Johnny on the floor, building up blocks so that he could knock them down again, which always made him laugh with that delighted full belly baby giggle. He smiled and poked him in the tummy and rebuilt again.

Talia: Talia entered her room, rubbing at her face again, her body still shaking just slightly. They...someone shot at them. Shot at them! She threw her bag on the bed, moving to the bathroom sink to wash her tearstained face. Pull it together, you're ok!

Remy: He heard the running water, and looked up at the half opened door, though he couldn't see around it. "TJ? Y' guys back?"

Talia: She jumped a bit, looking to him wide eyed. She blinked, shaking her head. "Yeah, hey!" she moved to the door. "Yeah, we're back."

Remy: He frowned slightly as he took in her blotchy appearance, which he wasn't sure if it was more noticable because she was blue...but it definately was an interesting purple. "What happened? Why are y' upset?"

Talia: Her face crumpled just slightly, before she pulled it together again. Part of her wanted to lie about it, but where would that get her. And after they'd just had that talk, this had to happen. "Ok..just, It was random..I think...don't worry..."

Remy: "TJ?" He scooped Johnny and walked over to her, frowning in concern. "What was random? What 'don' worry'??"

Talia: She took a deep breath. "Someone shot at us...they got Vic...then I guess...I dunno what happened...but Vic's ok...just..." she trailed off, holding in the tears.

Remy: "WHAT?" Johnny squacked at his shout, and his face crumpled, and he jogged him, patting his back. "What d' y' mean y' got shot at? Are y' ok?" He resisted spinning her around and looking for himself.

Talia: "I'm fine!" she told him, putting a hand out to stroke Johnny's head. "I'm just shaken...it was freaky. Vic got hit, but he's already mostly healed. He like...he ducked me and Angel down..."

Talia: She bit her lip, to stop her from crying again. "I don't know who would do that."

Remy: He put his arm around her and hugged her in close to Johnny and him. "Dis is jus' too crazy. Is Vic ok? I know he heals an' all...but Dieu. I owe him big time."

Talia: She cuddled in close to him, the contact comforting. "He was ok when we got here. He went down to the infirmary. It all was so quick. We were like...just walking and talking and then it just...Vic just goes weird and there's this noise.."

Remy: "D' police lookin' into it? Y'all make a report?"

Talia: "No..." she made an odd face, shaking her head. "We just came home. I didn't even think..."

Remy: "Don' worry about it. I'll look after it." His face was grim. "Jus' give me a description of where it was at...an' where the shot came from."

Talia: She sniffled. "I don't even know!! We were like..a block from the mall! I don;t know anything else!!"

Remy: "Alright. Shh. I'll ask Vic about it too, ok?" He rubbed her arm. "Merci Dieu he was dere."

Talia: TJ nodded, pausing a bit, watching her son in Remy's arms. "What the hell do we do now??"

Remy: He sighed. "I think I should hire someone. An' y' should stay close." Mind you...there was still the others. "We probabally need t' talk t' Xavier. Anyone say anythin' t' y'? Any weird looks? Or jus' take d' shot?"

Talia: "There were people looking at me like...in the store..." she shrugged. "But...people look at me all the time."

Talia: Her brow furrowed. "Hire someone??"

Remy: "Like a body guard or somethin'." He shrugged. "Or maybe y' should jus' shop online. Dere's so many places now."

Talia: How could she even argue that? After all that happened. "I don't wanna go out anytime soon...and definately not with him..."

Talia: "You'd hire me a body guard?? Isn't that like..much??"

Remy: "Well what am I supposed t' do?" He was slightly frusterated. The bombing. Now shootings. What the hell was next?

Talia: She didn't have an answer for that. She worried her lip through her teeth again, still staring at Johnny. He looked back, before smiling with a small laugh, and reaching for her face. She gave him a little kiss on his hand. "What about him??"

Remy: He shook his head. "I dunno. But I don' think its good t' take him anywhere without security right now."

Talia: "Yeah, definately," she agreed. "Can't risk that at all." Her face crumpled again as she held Johnny's little hand, and she began to cry.

Remy: "I'm sorry dis is happenin'. I know it ain't what either of us wanted for him."

Talia: She put a hand up to her face, weeping a bit pathetically, still holding his hand. "No...and it's not fair!"

Remy: He put Johnny into her arms, and went and fetched the kleenex. "We'll figure it out."

Talia: She took her baby, hugging him close to her as she sat on the ground, and then accepted the tissues. "I coulda died."

Remy: He swallowed hard. "Are y' sure y' aren't better off somewhere else?" He asked quietly.

Talia: This time she thought twice before answering, the slightest bit hesitantly. "No. Remy...if it didn't happen here...it'd happen somewhere else. And I told you...you know how important this is for him..."

Talia: "Still...it's really scary...I couldn't imagine...if it was different...and I never got to see my baby again..." she gave Johnny a kiss on the head, hugging him tightly.

Remy: Merde. He wanted to do something. Badly. But there was nothing he could do. And that was more angering than anything else. "I know. But what do we do? How d' I keep y' guys safe."

Talia: She took a deep breath, Johnny squirming a bit, so she loosened up, letting him squiggle down to the floor to explore his blocks again. "We can be safe here...we can..." she paused. "We have to...it's our only option."

Remy: "I don' like dis. But oui. We gotta stick together." He walked over to the window, scanning the grounds restlessly. "Looks like dat fucker Jono got at least somethin' right. It's not gettin' any better, neh?"

Talia: She shuddered a bit. "Don't mention him. We have to worry about that too," she told him. "Jill was telling me about some crap with him....he's still around..."

Remy: He frowned. "What? Well...Jay said some shit t' me a while back. But y' don' think dat he'll pull anythin', do y'?"

Talia: "I don't know...but I worry alot, because like...what he wanted when we were there, you know??" her eyes moved to their son.

Remy: "I know...but I don' think he's into kidnappin'. He's bad, but he ain't dat bad." Reassurances aside, he added that to his 'worry' list.

Talia: "I don't trust him at all," she said, leaning back against the wall. "What if he was behind this? What if he knows??"

Remy: "But why would he do dat? He's for mutants, not against dem. It don't make any sense."

Talia: "Why does he do anything?? Why did he want us to have babies?!" she asked. "He's a creepy weird guy. I don't trust him."

Talia: "Maybe he's pissed cause we left."

Talia: "AND cause we screwed up his bombing."

Remy: "He wanted d' babies cause he wants mutants t' succeed TJ. He wants dem t' take over. An' given dere ain' dat many of us, I can't see us weedin' us out like dat. Expecially not after all dis time. An' wit' d' public sentiment runnin' d' way it is now, I don' doubt he's got his hands full as it is."

Talia: "I still don't trust him..." she put her head in her hands for a second, dragging her hair back a bit. "It could have been anyone. Anyone coulda shot us. No one likes us when we go out."

Remy: "I know. Its why I've been sayin' all dis TJ. It's gotta change. Its why I have t' work t' make it change."

Talia: She looked to him. "I want to too."

Remy: He looked at her with concern. "I know...an' dere's ways y' can...but Johnny needs y'. I don' want y' gettin' hurt."

Talia: "You said, this is important for Johnny. And I agree. I wanna help and do this stuff too. Johnny doesn't just need me, he needs both of us," she sighed. "Why do you like...not include yourself?"

Remy: "I'll keep myself safe. I've been doin' it for years." He smiled reassuringly. "Ain't nobody dat's got me yet."

Talia: "No..no, not that," she said. "You're all about how Johnny needs me. But what about you too?"

Remy: "Well. He does, oui." He tried to find the words to express it. "But a kid needs dere mother more, neh? Its always been d' way of things. Guys go off t' fight, an' d' women l..." He sighed. "Ok...I know dat sounds bad, but."

Talia: She crossed her arms. "Yeah...it does."

Talia: "He's a little boy. He needs his Papa just as much," she gave Remy a look. "We're both in for it all. That's the way it's gonna be."

Remy: "I ain't plannin' on goin' anywhere TJ." He knelt down beside them. "I'm happy. I don' want anythin' t' take me away from dis."

Talia: She thought about bringing up their prior argument, but let it slide. "Good. Cause I don't plan on letting you go anywhere," she told him.

Remy: He glanced at her, and then back at Johnny. "Y'll always be taken care of."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awwwwww! It's so cool to see them *not* fighting.

Bodyguard! That'd be so funny to NPC around!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Slarti
Awwwwww! It's so cool to see them *not* fighting.

Bodyguard! That'd be so funny to NPC around!
Only if Remy hired the DOG.

Or, maybe he can get TJ a BBM.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€