9/28 Instance: Hello, Goodbye

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Nov. 16-17ish

Angelina: Angel steadied her stack of files and took a deep breath before walking into Scott's makeshift office in the medlab. She paused by the door, awkwardly knocking to get his attention. "Hey."

Summers: Scott jerked out of his half-doze, knocking over his thankfully empty coffee cup. "Oh - Angel...hi. Are you okay? Here, let me get those..." He shifted his weight after standing up, then took the files from her and put them on the table. "So...you all right?" He retreated behind the table, gesturing to another chair for her.

Angelina: "Oh, grazie..." She let him take the files, watching him as he sat down. He looked... so tired. "I'm fine. Just, busy, you know... trying to find a new lead - something we haven't thought of already." Angel took a seat, smoothing her skirt and folding her hands in her lap.

Summers: Scott fiddled with his glasses, then put them on. "Oh, right. Yeah." He gestured to where repairs would be underway, beyond the ceiling. "So...anything interesting, you've found?" He poured fresh coffee for him and Angel, automatically dumping in a lot of sugar in her cup, and stirring it before putting it on the table within her reach.

Angelina: Angel smiled a little at the coffee. "Thank you..." She took a sip, running her finger around the rim of the cup. "No, nothing, and it's-" Angel nearly growled. "It's incredibly frustratin' now that we know it was about more than just... scarin' us."

Summers: "I know." He nodded, and made sure his shirt was buttoned. No need to let Angel know just how pathetic he was. "It is upsetting. And how the hell did they know this school existed? How's the security beefing going?" He sat down, but stood, again, looking everywhere but at Angel. It ht to have her so close, yet just that bit out of reach.

Angelina: "Security is better than ever... but then it was after last spring too..." She trailed off, watching him fidget. "That's just it! We don't even know who 'they' are!" Angel smacked the table angrily with a flat palm.

Summers: "Well, obviously, it's people who fear mutants will try to take over, and become genetic Nazis...people who have been hurt by mutants?"

Angelina: "Si! Obviously! But what the fuck is they gonna do with our--" Angel cut off and looked behind her, getting up and shutting the door. She walked close to him, too angry and scared by everything to be mad at him. "What would they want with our medical files, Scott?"

Summers: He reached out and gave her a tight hug, pulling her close. "I don't know, Angel. Hank thinks...thinks they might want to know what makes us mutants. That way, they can try to stop the mutations in the DNA somehow...but I don't know how that would work. It takes more than one gene to mutate before we see something."

Angelina: Angel jerked a little at the hug, but then relaxed against him, burying her face in his shirt. "Dio... they can do that? It's just... it's a nightmare. They blew a hole in our home, and stole from us, a-and..."

Summers: He stroked her hair soothingly. "It's okay, Angel. We're all alive. You're alive. It'll be okay."

Angelina: She sobbed at that. "For now..." Alive if the Giovannis didn't get her. "I just don't know what to do. There's no evidence. None. It's like it was a g-ghost - a-a-a ghost slippin' in and stealin' and t-terrorizin'..."

Summers: "I know. I thought they'd been knocked over under the cabinets when they fell. But...no. And the security cameras stopped working, too. There's no record." He squeezed her tighter, shaking a bit himself. "It's not your fault. It's just someone out-thought us. So, now, we'll know what to think of." He took a deep breath. "If it's anyone's fault they got the files, it's mine. I was down here when the bomb exploded...if I'd just stayed...I don't remember passing anyone..."

Angelina: "No... it's not your fault - I don't think any of us coulda seen this coming." She sniffed, hoping she wasn't snotting on him and raised a hand to smooth his shirt. It was so.... odd to be this close to him. It would be so easy to...

Angelina: "What's that?" She said, startled from her train of non-thought by a lump under his shirt.

Summers: Scott blinked stupidly as she pulled away. It had been a dream? That'd he'd never hurt her? No. "It's nothing." He dropped his arms and stood awkwardly. The last time he'd told her the truth, they'd broken up. No need to tell her this, too. Besides, she might want it back. He resisted touching it, by picking up his coffee and slurping the black liquid.

Angelina: Angel blinked, a little stunned by his sudden change in demeanor. "No, it's something," she said, crossing her arms. "But, it's none of my business, I guess, si?"

Summers: "Well, yes, Angel, it is something." He fiddled with the cup. "But it has nothing to do with the files. Or security." He looked at her, feeling his chest ache. You brought this down on your own head, Scott. Deal, sweetie, he heard his mom's voice in his head. "Do you want more coffee?" He unconsciously fiddled with the ring under his shirt as he poured himself another cup.

Angelina: "No, grazie..." She watched him finger the object, having the sinking feeling she knew what it was and not wanting to deal with the possibility. She'd cried enough in the last few weeks. "And I came to talk to ya for a reason that has nothing to do with security..."

Summers: "Oh?" He looked up at her. "What did you want to talk about?" He eyed the files she'd been carrying.

Angelina: "I'm going to Italy." She said it in a rush, happy to get the words out. "I don't know how long I'll be gone..." She'd already told TJ and Remy, and Vic, after thanking him again for saving her life.

Summers: The small burst of hope deflated and he tried to smile. "Oh. When do you leave?"

Angelina: "Soon... tomorrow," she said, noting his horribly forced smile. "There was an... incident, and I have to sort some things out with my family. Costa Nostra... y'know..."

Summers: "So soon? What incident?" His voice was sharp with worry, and he grimaced as Angel jumped, and narrowed her eyes at him.

Angelina: "We was tryin' to keep it kinda quiet.... I was with Vic and Teej, last week... and somebody shot at us..." She started to twist her hair around a finger nervously, feeling like she probably should have told him this sooner.

Summers: "Christ. Are you okay?" He felt his stomach twist.

Angelina: "Si.... only because Vic took the bullet." Angel bit her lip. "They were aimin' for me."

Summers: "Angel..." He found himself back next to her, holding her tightly. "Oh my god. I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me?" He cupped her face in his hands, searching her eyes. "Thank God you're alive. Thank God for Vic."

Angelina: "I don't know..." She choked a little, trying to not cry again. "We were all okay... allora, Vic wasn't, but he healed... and him and Rem went back and tried to find the guy."

Summers: He shook her a little, voice cracking, "why didn't you tell me?"

Angelina: "I don't know!" She angrily jerked out of his arms. "I didn't know if you'd care?" Backing up a little, she sighed, voice quiet now. "No, that's not true... I just... it's my problem. I called Zio Alex..."

Summers: Scott shrank back as if she'd hit him. "Of course I care. Just because I..." he trailed off. "Is he coming to pick you up, then?"

Angelina: "Si... we're going to see Nonno..." Angel sniffed, wiping her tears away, careful to not smear her makeup any worse. She sighed again at his cringe. "Alex told me... he said they'd known there was a problem... but they didn't think it'd go this far."

Angelina: Angel fussed with the files, avoiding looking at him. "The Giovannis? They think I killed Pietro."

Summers: "What? Why?"

Angelina: "I don't know. He vibrated out of existence, or whatever, si?" She buzzed her wings, the wind shifting the papers on the table. "I'm guessin' they think I buzzed him out of this world?"

Summers: "Maybe...or just misinformed on purpose?" He ran his fingers through his hair, wracking his brain, thinking of who it might have been. "I don't know who it would be."

Angelina: "There's nobody I can think of... I mean, who would say something like that? I think it's just an excuse! They think they can get ta my grandpa by takin' me out or something..."

Summers: "If they think like that, they're all dead...he's a scary guy." He shivered a bit. "If you uh, want, I'll stay with you until zio...Alex comes to pick you up."

Angelina: Angel looked at him for a long moment, wishing she could see his eyes. "Si, I think I'd like that."

Summers: He gave her a genuinely happy smile at her words. "Me too."

[Edited on 28-9-2007 by Slarti]
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

very sweet, guys! nice job.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Yeah, I D'awwed out loud at the last bit. Very nice.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Awesome