9/30 Instance: Locked Doors

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Remy: "Ok...well y've been doin' good on some of d' practice ones, so why don' y' give dis bad boy a bit of a test?" He grinned at Cessily and held out the pick and torque as he nodded at the big front door lock on the school. "Less y' want t' make y're own pick again. Y' seem t' have a talent dat way, petite." It wasn't the worst lock, for sure, but it was a fair bit advanced over the ones she'd been working on so far.

Cessily: "Thanks!" She gave Remy a smile and eyed the big lock. "Ah... I guess I'll try the tools this time." Cessily took them from Remy with a wry grin. "Hardly would be a challenge if I'd use my powers again, no? It'd be kinda cheating." She stepped over to it, knelt down and went to work. "Alright... let's see. A bit trickier than the last one... but... ah yeah, I see it."

Cessily: She could have liquefied a part of her finger and slipped it into the lock, but she was determined to do this the old-fashioned way. "If the others have to do it the hard way, I should, too, don't you think?" Cessily carefully inserted the pick and probed the lock.

Remy: "I think dat's a wise choice, oui. Its good t' survive on y're wits alone sometimes. Y' never know when y' might not be able t' use y're powers."

Remy: He watched her work at it, hearing the slight pings as she set pins. It was an art, picking locks, and she had made suprisingly good progress at it. Mind you, she had taken to most of the things like a duck to water. "Y' have a real gift for dis. Y' sure y' weren't a thief in a past life?"

Cessily: Cessily let out a laugh. "Oh, I have no idea. Maybe I should ask my Nana sometime for a good spiritist that can get me hypnotized or something. Who knows what will be revealed there? But I always like to believe that I led adventurous lives in the past." She gave him a quick look. "Though... I wouldn't have expected to ever get such a compliment."

Cessily: "If someone had told me a few years ago that I'd be trained in breaking and entering someday, I would have called them crazy. Now... it almost feels like the most normal thing to me. Crazy, isn't it? How things can change in unexpected ways, I mean." She gave the pick one last twist, then the lock sprang open. "There we go."

Remy: He chuckled. "Dat dey can." He held the door open for her. "An', again, I'm impressed. Dat one was a lot trickier. Y' really got a feel for dis. Y're fingers have t' be real sensitive t' feel d' differences in d' lock."

Remy: "Y' know...I'm happy wit' everyone really. Dey're doin' so good an' workin' so hard. I got a good team. Y' stand out a bit though. Y' definately have got d' gift girl. Its why I've been showin' y' more an' pushin' y' harder dan dem."

Cessily: "Thanks, again." She smiled as she stood up, eying her hand. "You're probably right. It really feels different than before." Cessily entered and turned to face him again. "You're right about the team, too. I'm so happy that I got assigned to yours. I'm friends with everyone there, and it's great fun, too, I think."

Remy: He grinned. "Well dat's refreshin' after all d' 'Y're tryin' t' kill me's'." He winked at her. "An' it is fun ain't it. Nothin' quite gives y' dat kick as gettin' into places y're not allowed t' be in."
Remy: "Y' know...I think y're really my second. We don' really name anyone offically t' dat, but if we had t' split into two teams or if I was gone home an' couldn't get back in time or somethin'...y'd be d' one dat makes d' most sense t' lead d' team, neh?"

Cessily: "Oh..." She arched at an eyebrow at that and absently handed him back his tools. "So that's what you meant by that pushing me harder thing. Wow..." Cessily realized that she was staring and quickly averted her eyes, putting on a big grin. "I have no idea what to say to that. Except... thank you! For trusting me that much."

Cessily: She scratched her head as she grinned sheepishly. "That's kinda unexpected."

Remy: He looked at her quizzically. "Why? Y' got t' know y're good."

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "Hey, I'm just trying to show some modesty. Well, I guess it's because I'm really enjoying the training. They say that you're only really good at something if your heart is into it."

Remy: He gave her a wide grin. "Now ain't dat d' truth. Y' never go halfway wit' stuff y' are into, d' y' petite?"

Cessily: She returned the grin. "Yep, I guess that's right. That's probably a combined accomplishment of my grandparents and my parents. My Nana and Papa taught me that there should be passion in everything you do, and my parents insisted that I should never give up on the things I started. One of the few times when their opinions didn't clash."

Cessily: Cessily sighed. "Well, I've been captain of the high-school basketball team before, but I guess being second on such a team this is a little different, no?"

Remy: "Oui, very different. Usually we'd work as independants, or in teams of two, but for dis...we need each others support. An' I think its a bit more dangerous, neh?"

Remy: "Y' want t' go get a coffee? Even though we were only out dere for a bit, I still could use gettin' warmed up."

Cessily: "Hey, you know me long enough now to know that I'd never say no to a coffee." She grinned, but then nodded with a serious expression. "Yes. It's one of the reasons why I really try to be good at this. I want to be there for the people I care. Watch out for them." Cessily sighed. "When I first came here, everyone went off on a dangerous mission, and all I could do was sit at home and wait."

Cessily: "That was horrible. My friends were in danger, and I could do nothing to help them. I don't want to be in that situation again."

Remy: He led them into the kitchen and got his special coffee beans down. "Dat's good. I mean...y're motivation. An' people do an' can count on y' Cess. Y' got a good head on y're shoulders."

Remy: He ground the beans and set the coffee maker up. "Y' know...I can't shake d' feelin' dat we only chipped d' tip of d' iceberg too. Things aren't gettin' better out dere. An' now wit' dem records...dey told y'all about dem now, oui?"

Cessily: Cessily leaned against the kitchen counter. "Yes, they told us. Professor Xavier, Dr. McCoy and that new guy... Shaw, informed everyone the other day. In fact, I wanted to ask you if you know more about all of this anyway. Pretty scary, isn't it? People stealing sensitive files right from under our noses, and no one noticed a thing."

Remy: "It is. An' it pisses me off. I don' like not knowin' where an' who's got dem. I don' like havin' anyone have a scrap of information on me, t' be true. An' dere was a lot of personal stuff in dere. Makes me feel like someones out t' find our weaknesses or somethin'."

Remy: "Y' know...I know we're feared an' hated. Its jus'...its gettin' t' feel less like a school yard bullyin' thing an' more like we're gonna be targetted. An' I really don' like dat feelin'." He sighed. "I'm supposed t' make dis speech at a dinner I'm attendin' at home. Papa wanted me to. I don' know how I got nominated t' be d' one...but I suppose we all got t' do what we can t' educate people, neh?"

Cessily: "That's what worries me, as well." Cessily nodded slowly. "Whoever was willing to actually plant a bomb so he can steal those files certainly doesn't plan on using them for anything good, that's for sure. All the little details about my condition was in there." Now she shook her head. "I've no idea where all of this will end, but the fact that the topic mutants shows up in the media more and more often worries me."

Cessily: She turned her head to look at Remy, slightly smiling. "So... a speech? Do you already have any ideas what your are going to say?"

Remy: He made a face. "Some. Gonna ask Xavier about it a bit. It's d' crowd dat is familiar wit' me at least. But dey are pretty influencial people, so who knows?"

Remy: He crossed over to her and looped an arm around her shoulders. "I know its gotta be scary for y' an' everyone. I think its a bit moreso for d' ones dat can't hide dere mutation though, neh? For me...I'm kinda in d' middle. A good pair of sunglasses, an' I'm mostly ok, but people start wonderin'."

Cessily: She showed him a small smile. "That's true. No matter how hard I try, I could never hide. Therefore I feel like... I'm at the mercy of things to come. I can't run away. Just like all the others who are obvious like me. But... you know what? I think people are much more afraid of those mutants who look just like them."

Cessily: "Think about it. A mutant who looks like everyone else, who can't be recognized as such, but who is able to read and control your thoughts? I'd say people are way more scared of that than they're of the ones like me." She chuckled. "It's just that it's going to be us who'll they go after first if they should ever decide to do so."

Remy: "Oui. Suppose y're right dere. An' I really worry for my son, wit' all dis. Part of me jus' wants t' hide him away, but den...nothin' will change. So I guess its up t' us t' make dat stand, neh?" He went and got them each a cup of coffee. "Y' want anythin' in it?"

Cessily: "No, black is just fine." She took the cup from him. "Thanks. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and TJ. Worrying about Johnny." She took a sip. "Mmm... that's really good. But he has many friends here who will do everything to protect him from harm. And you're perfectly right. Changing people's opinion about us is what we have to do, and the only thing we actually can do."

Remy: "I know." He smiled. "An' y' have my thanks for dat too. It's good knowin' he has all dese people rootin' for him."

Remy: "So...how is life treatin' y' anyways? When y' ain't busy runnin' y're ass off for me dat is." He winked.

Cessily: "Now that you made me think about it, I have to say that I have little reason to complain about it at the moment. School's going fine, I've many friends and a lot of fun." She winked back with a wry smile. "I even find enough time for several lovers, who would have thought that? So, what about you? I hope to hear about similarly good things."

Remy: He laughed. "I'm happy dat whole thing worked out for y' petite. Y' do seem really happy. An' Japh an' Tessa both suit y'."

Remy: "An' I'm pretty damn happy too. Got Johnny, got a lot of good friends, an' lovers as y' say. An' TJ an' I'm gettin' on a lot better, which is great, cause of Johnny an' all. I jus' feel really lucky y' know? T' have all dis?"

Cessily: "Yeah, I know. I'm so happy to hear that. It's good to see that TJ and you are getting along well. Good for the two of you, and good for Johnny. So many parents that broke up are fighting, and I'm always sorry for the kids who are caught in the middle of it. But TJ and you are doing a great job."

Cessily: She nodded. "And I understand what you mean. It's great to have something that you care for, that gives you stability. Especially with all that's happening around us. I wouldn't want to be all alone in this."

Remy: "Merci." He took a sip of coffee. "An' no, I wouldn't. I mean...I woulda jus' dealt. I never knew what it was like countin' on people till I came here. Hell, I woulda laughed in y're face a few years back if y' told me I would be. But, its good. Feels good. An' its much healthier."

Remy: "I'm glad dat my son can grow up wit' dis. Even if its an unusual situation. Mind y' nothin' about his life is gonna be 'usual', neh? His looks. His parents. All of it. But I guess we each make our own version of 'normal' neh?"

Cessily: Cessily nodded at this. "It is an unusual situation, that's true. But I'd say from all the mutants who were born with it being visible, Johnny will have something that resembles a normal childhood the most. I mean, like you said, it's going to our version of normal, but he will grow up among people who will never mind his mutation."

Remy: "Y're right. I jus' guess I worry about d' whole parentin' thing a lot still. Its workin' now, but he's bound t' be askin' questions later. How d' I explain dis stuff t' him?"

Cessily: "I wish I had a good answer for you." Cessily sat on the kitchen counter, looking at her feet as they dangled from one side to the other. "Honestly... I don't know. I've never thought about how it would be to raise a child. I mean, I've just turned eighteen." She gave him a smile. "I'm afraid all you can do is wait and see how it all turns out. And remember that we're all going to help you."

Cessily: Her face fell a little. "You know, I just have to think about how great it would be for Johnny if there were other kids he could play with."

Remy: "Oui. Well y' d' y're best. At least I was 21 when he was born." He noticed her shift in mood. "Y' have time petite. But I know even now...even though y're way too young, its got t' weigh heavy on y're mind."

Cessily: She gave him a look. "Huh? Oh...! Nah, it's okay, really. Actually, I was never certain if I'd want to have children anyway. Not within the next few years, definitely." She smiled a bit. "No, what I meant is that Johnny will, well, have it difficult to find other kids to play with. At least here at this place."

Remy: "Yeah. Well...we'll have t' figure dat out." He gnawed on his lip. He'd never even thought about Johnny not having any peer companionship.

Cessily: "Yeah, would be sweet if he could go to a kindergarten somewhere around here. One where the people are nice and won't mind mutants." She smiled weakly, knowing how slim the chances for that had to be. "Or maybe Eve and Paige will take care of that problem soon. Who knows?"

Remy: He laughed. "Oh I'm sure dey will. She's a catholic, neh? An' TJ an' me were talkin' about dat...wit' him goin' t' scouts or somethin'...but it depends. Wit' dat shootin' an' all - I jus' don' want t' risk him."

Cessily: Cessily nodded. "Absolutely. I mean, I wouldn't want to leave him to someone else right now, too." She didn't want to think about all that could happen. "And I really doubt that TJ would want to leave him to someone she doesn't know."

Remy: "Non. But on d' other hand, he's got t' forge his own life t' an extent too." He let out a breathy sigh. "Well suppose we still have some time, neh?"

Cessily: "Yeah, that's true. And hey, who knows how things will change in a year or two?" She squeezed his arm. "Maybe there'll be much more of us then, and people will accept us, and Johnny will then have the chance to grow up as most other kids do. I guess that's something to hope for. And to work towards. A nice goal to keep in mind, so to say."

Remy: He gave her a warm smile, and leaned forward to give her a peck on the cheek and a hug. "Merci, petite. Y're always such a nice person t' talk t'."

Cessily: "I try to give my best." She beamed. "And you're welcome. It makes me happy, too, if I can brighten someones mood."

Remy: "Well, y' shine bright enough t' cheer d' whole school up, both literally an' figuratively, petite. I'm glad I got y' as a friend an' on my team, both."

Cessily: "Right back at you." She gently nudged his side. "Thanks again, for the trust you put in me. I'll make sure to not disappoint it. Promised."

Remy: "I know y'll give it y're all. Its all anyone could ever ask. An' y're all's pretty impressive." He glanced at the clock. "Well, I should be off an' take over from TJ again. Y're welcome t' come up wit' me if y' want."

Cessily: Ooh, I'd love to." She finished her cup and hopped from the counter. "We could do something fun with Johnny. Oh, I hope we get a lot of snow soon. Johnny will love the snow!"

Remy: "Y' people an' d' snow. Why y' think freezin' y're ass off is a good time, I'll never know." He laughed as they left together
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Remy: "Y' people an' d' snow. Why y' think freezin' y're ass off is a good time, I'll never know."
I whole-heartily agree!

Edit: And :rogue does too!

[Edited on 9/30/2007 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone