10/1 Instance: A picture is worth a thousand shots

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

10/1 Instance: A picture is worth a thousand shots

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline: The day after “Our New Golden Boy”.

Sean: Sean sat on the steps of the back lawn just having a quick J before he had to lock himself in his room and deal with the fun of dealing with the club owner, the caterer for the afterparty and all those other fun things that come with having a concert. Christ I really should hire someone to do this for me Sean took a long hit...inhaled and then exhaled through his nose. ahhh so much better

Cessily: Cessily strolled down the path that led back to the mansions rear entrance. The dim light, the clouds and fog of the season produced some lovely scenery, and she had been out in the nearby woods to take a few pictures. Noticing someone sitting on the back stairs, she pulled one hand out of the pocket of her jacket and waved. "Hey, Sean."

Sean: Sean looked up and saw Cessily standing there, "Well hello there Cess...and what are ye doing out on such a beautiful Kilkenny afternoon?" Sean took another hit before offering to Cessily, "Want?"

Cessily: Cessily eyed the cigarette - no, not cigarette - and gave a quick dismissive wink. "Uhm, no thanks. I have no use for that. I was out taking photos of the scenery. I wouldn't have thought that it would be that beautiful here, this time of the year." She arched an eyebrow at him. "Kilkenny? Is that where you come from?"

Sean: "Aye...that I do...ye should see it sometime...it's grand indeed specially this tima year." Sean took another hit and then ashed it on his boot, "So what ye taking photos of...or were ye trying to get a shot of me?"

Cessily: She chuckled and leaned against a nearby pillar. "Sounds like a lovely place. I always wanted to go to Ireland sometime." Cessily shrugged. "Mostly, I take pictures of scenery and landscape, but also of people." She grinned. "I could take a picture of you, if you don't mind the evidence." She pointed at the cigarette in his hand.

Sean: Sean tossed the roach into some bushes, "What evidence," Sean said with a grin, "Say does that thing have a timer...me mum is always askin to see pictures of me new friends and such over in the states."

Cessily: "Oh, yes, of course it does." Cessily pulled the camera out of her bag. "Sure, we can do that. Nice idea. That actually reminds me that I wanted to do a big group shot with all of the students." She looked around for a suitable place and decided to put the camera on the balustrade. "Yes that should work." She motioned him to stand up as she set the camera up.

Sean: Sean stood up and walked over to Cess and threw an arm around her, "Now smile lass this is going to me mum."

Cessily: "Okay." She laughed a little and tried to put on a nice smile. "Hi, Sean's mom!" The camera's timer triggered an took the picture.

Sean: Wow she looks great in the snow "Thanks lass...make sure I get a copy of that, say I was about to have some Kilkenny style cocoa...can I tempt ye?"

Cessily: "Sure, I'll make a print of that so you can send it to your mom." She bagged her camera again and pondered for a moment. "Yeah, why not. No more studying for today, so I have some time. Kilkenny style? Sounds interesting. Let me guess... it involves alcohol?"

Sean: "Just a little Bailey's...come on over to the steps...now I have the spare mug," Sean said with a smile.

Cessily: Cessily stepped over and sat down on the steps and took the offered mug with a small smile. "Thank you." She took a small sip. "Hm, not bad. Could get used to that. So, what have you been up to lately?" She decided that she really should be a little social. As far as she knew, Sean had taken a lot of flak for his misstep.

Sean: "Eh a bit of this...a bit of that...dodging bullets mostly," Sean said with a smirk.

Cessily: "Yeah, I see." She nodded, looking towards the edge of the woods. "What about the classes? I hope you're having a little fun with them."

Sean: "As much fun as one can have with classes," Sean said with a slight snort. Sean looked over at Cess with a slightly worried expression, "We OK now ?"

Cessily: Cessily looked over to him. "Hm? Oh... yeah, of course we are." She gave him a quick, small smile. "You apologized, so it's alright. I'm not one to hold a grudge for very long." Cessily shrugged. "Besides, I guess the others already gave you a hard time because of it?"

Sean: "That they have lass," between Rogue and Tessa I was fraid to put my arm round ye "Besides I hear people passing judgement on me who haven't even met me...yed think mutants would take more care when they talk considering some of us have super hearing." Sean said looking downward slightly.

Cessily: Cessily remained silent for a few seconds, then put on an encouraging smile. "Well, yeah, people are very protective here, try to understand that. But hey, I'm sure everyone will be willing to give you another chance. I'd say you learned your lesson." She reached over to nudge his shoulder. "So lighten up already. After all, we all screw up once in a while."

Sean: Sean forced a small smile, "Yea I guess we all do...but I just can't shake the feelin that everywhere I go...everyone is jabberin bout me behind me back...hell I've even stumbled onto some conversations I want supposed to hear," Sean's shoulders slumped a little bit, "I dunno Terry made it seem like the school was learn by day and party by night...and the only party I've been to is me own pity party." Behave Cassidy...ye may wanna kiss her but ye need to restrain yeself

Sean: He took a long gulp of the cocoa and refilled the mug a bit.

Cessily: Cessily resisted the urge to tell him that it's only a party if all participants agree to it. "Well, there certainly are some nice parties to enjoy here. Just wait and see." She turned her head to look at him again. "Honestly, don't dwell on it. Learn from it and move on. Give it some time, lean back and just let things settle into place, and you'll see it's not so bad here."

Cessily: "It's often that when you are new somewhere that you inadvertently step on someones toes."

Sean: Sean sighed, "I guess yer right...it's just rough when yer own family doesn't even acknowledge ur existence," just wait till I find her oooh...God she looks beautiful in this weather...stop it Cassidy

Cessily: "Oh...?" She arched an eyebrow. "Your family?"

Sean: "Terry...I've been here over 2 months and she hasn't so much as sneezed in me direction...I mean she's the one who talked me into movin here and she can't be bothered to come by and say Hi Sean how ye doin...seriously WTF!...Sorry Cess." Sean blushed a little not meaning to vent on Cessily.

Cessily: Cessily gave him a thoughtful look. "Ah... I'm not sure if there's any malicious intent behind that, Sean. I'd say Terry is just very busy right now. I'm sure she'll make up for it soon." She made a mental note to go and find Terry as soon as possible. Maybe she'd be able to cheer him up somewhat.

Sean: "Yes...I'm sure she's plenty busy," Sean said with a bit of a sneer, "So...what does my metallic minx want for Xmas," Ye were doing so well..why Sean why

Cessily: "Right, Christmas..." Cessily showed an awkward grin at him calling her that. "Oh, I have no idea. You really don't have to, you know? But of course, if you want to, that's OK, too. Just don't spend to much on it, will you?" She shrugged, smiling a little. "Noting big. I can appreciate the small things."

Sean: "I'll thinka somethin lass...but to me money is no object," Sean said with a smirk.

Cessily: "I hope you don't think that you have to buy me something to make up for what happened. Because... you don't have to. It's all OK, really."

Sean: "I know...I'm tryin to get somethin special for everyone...Kinda smooth the waters overall."

Cessily: Cessily nodded and took another sip. "Well, that's good then. I'm sure the others will appreciate it."

Sean: "I'm sure they will...what's with Remy and TJ...these Irish eyes can see they were meant for each other and they are both bein as stubborn as a ram covered in rubber cement?" Sean said inquisitvley.

Cessily: "Huh...?" Cessily gave him a puzzled look. "What do you mean? Remy and TJ?" She wondered if there was anything she didn't know about.

Sean: Sean figured Cessily hadn't noticed, "Oh nothing just somethin I sense...nevermind," Sean said with a smile.

Cessily: She gave him another look. "Well, it's definitely great that they're getting along well with each other, and not fighting like so many other couples who broke up. But I'm not sure if you're not reading too much into that."

Sean: "It's possible ....but I doubt it."

Cessily: "Oh, well..." Cessily decided to change the topic. Maybe something that would cheer Sean up a bit. "Hey, I just remember that you promised me a movie. How about I go and ask a few people to come along? You shouldn't be hanging around all by yourself all the time. Terry could come, too."

Sean: I was really hoping it would be you and I... "I guess that would be alright...I guess just gimme a heads up lass."

Cessily: "Ah, don't worry, it'll be great!" She grinned and finished her cocoa. "You'll see! And it's a great opportunity for people to get to know you better, no?" Cessily thumbed over her shoulder. "Most of the guys will be hanging around in the rec room or the kitchen around this time. I could go ans ask them right away."

Sean: "Alright...sounds like a plan...I need to take care of this shite for the concert anyways," Sean have Cess a peck on the cheek, "See ye around lass?"

Cessily: "Yeah, sure." Cessily stood up and handed him the empty cup. "See you around. And thanks for the cocoa. It was really good."

Sean: "Anytime lass...so let me know bout that movie."

Sean: Sean headed back to his room.

Cessily: "Of course, I'll do that!" She waved as he left, took a last look around the outside and then headed back inside herself.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.