10/2 Instance: Coffee n' Cream

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

10/2 Instance: Coffee n' Cream

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline after tj leaves

Tessa sat curled up on the edge of the couch writing hurriedly on a piece of sheet music. She tried to hurry it up and still make it neat; not one of her strong suits.

Rachel sat in one of the chairs in the rec room listening to her mp3 player while she worked on homework.

Josh bent over his textbook, scribbling notes. His elbow was perched on the table and his fingers dug through his gold hair.

Cessily lounged in one of the big and comfy chairs, cross-legged, with her notebook resting in her lap and a calendar in hand. She absently chewed on her pen while mumbling to herself. "Yes... yes that should be OK. Oh... oh, that would be better." She frowned, appearing to be lost in thought. "Or maybe if I'll use that day..."

Rogue walked in, her nose stuck in her book as she walked around the end table and a couple of chairs to sit on the couch. She didn't even look up once as she turned the page, her eyes following the text intently.

"Hey, Rogue!" Cessily raised an arm and waved without looking up.

Rogue's eyes went wide and she jumped a little at the voice, "Huh?!" She saw everybody else in the room and let out a small nervous laugh, "Oh.. hey guys."

"Hey Rogue." Tessa tapped the end of her automatic pencil on her lip.

She pondered some more, now and then scribbling something in her notebook, and eventually looked up with a triumphant expression on her face. "Ha! I think I did it!"

Tilting her head she eyed the gold boy quizzically, "Hey, sugah. Ya new here?"

Josh almost didn't realize she was speaking to him. He looked up at her blankly, slackjawed, then bobbed his head. "Yeah, Josh Foley." He pushed back the chair and held out his hand.

"Hey Rogue," she said, pulling the earphones out of her ear and turning the device off.

Rogue took his hand in her gloved one and smiled, "Welcome ta tha school, Josh. Ah'm Rogue." She turned a bit and grinned at Rachel, giving her a tiny wave.

"I figured out how to spent the Christmas holidays!" She beamed at everyone present, followed by another frown. "At least, I guess that I did."

Josh inwardly grinned at her bright smile. Quietly he returned to his textbook, but kept an ear open.

"So, what are you going to do, Cess?" she asked before realizing there was a new boy, "I'm Rachel, by the way."

Tessa cringed and turned to Cessily. "You might have to rework that." she got up and walked over to crouch behind Cessily's chair.

"Well, now, I'll probably spend Thanksgiving with my family, or... I plan to do so." She looked at Rachel, then the others, regardless if they were interested to hear about her plans or not. "Therefore, it'll be totally acceptable to not spent all of Christmas at home." She shrugged. "I'd say that my folks are probably having more fun without me anyway."

"So that'll allow me to spend time with you and Japh here at school! Isn't that great!?" She beamed at Tessa, immediately followed by a frown. "Did I do something wrong? Something with the dates?"

Remy came down into the rec room, a fresh cup of coffee to hand. "Hey. What's everyone up to."

Tess tilted her head to look at the calendar. "No, your dates are fine. It looks good. But I've been invited to go to Germany for Christmas." She sighed, scratching at her ear.

"Germany?" He tried not to sound too
jealous. "What's in Germany?"

"Hey, Remy." Rachel glanced up from her work, "Studying."

Tess sat back on the couch with her notebook. "Not exactly a what, more of a who."

Cessily absently waved at Remy as he entered. "Hi there." She stared at Tessa with a puzzled, astonished look. Now that was unexpected. Much. "Germany... buh...?"

He chuckled. "Alright den. I'll bite. Who?" He sat down next to Rogue and grinned at her. "Or who's?"

"How d' y' pluralize who anyways?"

Rogue turned to look at Remy and gave him a huge smile, "Hey, sugah! How are ya?" She spied his cup of coffee, "'Sat tha stuff ya brought from home?"

"I think it's fine as is," Josh mumbled.

"Oui. Want a sip?" He smiled at Josh. "See we didn't
embarrass y' quite t' death d' other night."

She gave him an innocent smile, "Would ya mind too much, sugah?"

Tess scooped her hair back and seriously contemplated whacking her forehead into her notebook. "Andreas invited me to spend Christmas in Germany. And no, I don't know why he offered."

"Nah. And no thanks." He shook his head. "So who's Andreas?"

Rogue stared at Tessa bug-eyed for a minute, "What? Andreas? Really?"

"Ahhhh right. I thought y' two were more of a one off?"

"Andreas...?" Cessily's expression remained as puzzled as it was. "He invited you to Germany?" She looked down at her lap for a moment, then back up again, seeking the faces of the others with her eyes. "And... you're... going?" She asked carefully.

Josh got the impression that Andreas was about as questionable an individual as they come. Intrigued, he dropped the textbook and sat backwards, folding his arm over the chair.

Rogue met Cess' eye's for a moment and shrugged. She was just as confused.

"Your lover?" Josh asked finally.

Andreas? Oh yeah, Alex's asshole-ish cousin...

Tessa set her head on her hands and sighed. "No, he's not my lover. Those would be Cessily--"she pointed to the silver girl--"and Japh. Andreas is someone else. Entirely." She looked up at Cessily. "I said I'd go, yes. Is that in conflict with your plans?" She tried to not make it sounds sarcastic.

Absently, Rogue took Remy's cup and took a few sips. She continued to hold it, not realizing she even had it for the sheer shock of Tessa saying that Andreas wanted Tessa to go with him, home to Germany for Christmas. And the fact that she had said yes was even more shocking.

He raised a brow at the tone and glanced back at Cessily. What was going on there?

It stung, Cessily had to admit. She didn't want to feel that way, but that's how it was, and she couldn't help it. "No... no, not at all." She replied, keeping her disappointment out of her voice, and gave Tessa a tiny smile. "It was just a draft anyway. I'll... just rework it." She tore the page out of her notebook and crumpled it.

Tessa sucked in air around her teeth. "You all do know that your body language is screaming at me that you think I'm an idiot, don't you?"

Rogue frowned at her roomie, "Ah don't think ya an idiot.. Ah'm just really suprised."

"I jus' am wonderin' what d' hell is goin' on. Other dan dat, y' got me petite. Why so defensive anyways?"

"No, that's not true." Cessily said sincerely. "Don't say that, love. I'm just... a little confused and surprised. I thought that we'd spend Christmas together? I was really looking forward to it. And I guess Japh, too."

Well, this wasn't awkward at all. Rachel wrote down a few notes in her notebook.

Her gaze returned to the now empty page of her notebook and she started to scribble aimlessly on it with her pen. "Of course, I don't want to push you to anything. I probably should have asked you before making any plans."

((Jean-Paul blazes through the room, apparently streaking, and is gone.))

He plucked his coffee cup back from Rogue with a smile, and put his arm around her relaxing back into the couch.

Tess bit down on her tongue to avoid the scathing remark she was two seconds from using. "Don't worry about it."

Rogue frowned at her empty hands then shrugged and settled with cuddling into Remy carefully.

A chill had settled over the room. Josh found his fist clenched at his side. He looked at Cessily, watching her scrawl. "Heck with Christmas," he said loudly, "it's just
another holiday. How long ya gonna be away, Tessa?"

"Hey, it's okay." She told Tessa with a smile. "I'll... I'll just plan something else then." Cessily pointed at her calendar. "I have plenty of time to figure it out, no?" She gave Tessa a smile. "As long as you're having fun, I'll be fine."

"Oh, I always loved Christmas." She told Josh. "It's probably my favourite holiday of the year."

Subtle as a bull in a china shop. "I don't know how long the break is." She didn't attempt to smile back at Cessily, because she felt like she might just growl if she tried.

"So y're stayin' too right Josh?" He took that lead and ran with it.

He laughed dryly. "Yeah, I'm staying. Going home for Christmas is way too warm and fuzzy for me."

Cessily looked up at Tessa as she noticed that she was avoiding her gaze. "Hey, what is it?" She carefully asked in a whisper. "Is something wrong? Anything bothering you?"

"I see. Well, y'll have plenty of company here at least."

"Yeah, I think I'm going home and coming back early..."

"If I have one tip though, is get d' turkey while y' can. Wit' dis many people, an' even dat time it blew up, it goes quick."

"I'll remember that," Josh said. "I'm just waiting for it to snow. Then I'm skiing."

Tessa just really didn't want to say anything more. She took out a blank sheet of paper and scribbled, You mean other than the looks everyone's giving me like Iv'e got some contagious disease because I actually want to have an enjoyable Christmas? on it and passed it over.

He shuddered. "Oh yeah. Out in all dat crap for d' whole day. Fun."

"It's awesome," Josh protested. "Once you get going, it's like flying. And you don't crash into trees as much as you see in movies."

Cessily took the note and read it, her eyebrows arching in response. She though for a moment, then scribbled her reply on it. Why do you think you wouldn't have an enjoyable Christmas here with us? And we all are you're friends here! She handed the piece of paper back.

"It's not that bad, Remy. I'd rather sit outside in the snow than do training."

"Or...y' could fly. Got a lot of dem here. Though y' can run into a tree jus' as easy, I think."

"Jus' less cold an' wet stuff, less y' fly in a storm." He grinned. "I'll take my bike, me. Goes fast as stink."

He waved a finger at Rachel. "Oh I can add dat t' it if y're feelin' left out girl."

"How is that better? You can veer off and go flying into a rock. No padding like snow," Josh said.

"Well, if y're talkin' for pure entertainment, I have much better ways of spendin' my time dat are nice an' warm." He grinned wider.

"No, I'm cool. Slipping through tubes about as wide as me is good," she glanced at him before taking a few more notes.

"Wake-boarding, most fun I've ever had," Josh added. He hid a smirk at Remy's suggestion.

Cessily decided to not just sit there in awkward silence, so she spoke up. "Oh, I'm fine with both cool snow and warm evenings inside. The cold doesn't bother me anymore."

Tessa let out a soft breath when she read the paper. Because most of you enjoy Christmas and I despise it. She handed the paper back.

"Definitely go to a lodge," Josh advised Cessily. "You get winter in its fullest glory that way."

Rogue held back a giggle at Remy's comment but grinned at him. She mock shivered at Josh's suggestion to Cess, "Ah'm so not a winter person."

"Oh, my grandparents took me to a lodge. It's wonderful! You're absolutely right!" She smiled at Josh as she took the note from Tessa.

He was so glad gold skin covered dark blush, saying
to Rogue, "Yeah, not many ski slopes in the South, I guess."

"Or around the ocean." Tessa added.

"At least most of Christmas I'll be someplace warm again. Though as long as I'm wit' my son it don't much matter."

"No, not really. Christmas at home was warmer than here." She pouted at Remy, "Lucky dog."

Cessily read the note, looking at it for a few seconds longer as she tried to think of a reply. I'm sorry. I had no idea. So, it's just because of that, and not because of me or Japh? We didn't do anything wrong? She handed it back.

Tess quirked up the corner of her mouth. "You really don't like it getting this cold, do you? Afraid something's going to turn blue?" She took the paper back again.

"Wellll...y' thinkin' of visitin' y're aunt jus' at d' end of it? Should get y' thawed a bit, neh?"

He snorted at Tessa. "Petite, if dere is one thing I'm never gettin' frostbite on, dat's it."

"Of course if y're referin' t' d' other 'blue' dat ain't a problem either."

She shrugged, "Maybe... Ah'm still kinda wary 'bout it. An' you promised ta fly with me remember? Flyin' is somethin' Ah don't do... At least not in airplanes." She thought for a moment, "Maybe Ah could fly mahself tha
whole way..."

She smirked. "Which would you like me to be
referring to?"

"I think that it has to be really cold for a proper Christmas. With so much snow that you get stuck in it and warm evenings inside around a fireplace with something hot to drink. Winter sports, sledding, friends and family." Cessily beamed. "That's Christmas to me."

"Snowball fights..." Rachel smirked.

She read the note and blinked at it. No, it's not because of you or Japh. I just haven't enjoyed Christmas in a very long time. It's a long story.

"Ooh, yes! Absolutely. And building snowmen!" She grinned at Rachel.

"That's sentimental," Josh sneered. "Christmas is overrated. You can do those things anytime. Who needs an overcommercialized holiday just to build a Snowman?"

"As long as y' can keep safe, oui." He nodded to his cup. "I'm gonna get some more coffee. Y' want me t' bring y' a cup too?"

"Please?"

"Then I am sentimental! So?" She playfully stuck her tongue out at Josh, taking the note from Tessa to read it. Cessily looked at her, slightly smiling, and leaned over to give her a light kiss on the tip of her nose. "It's okay, love." She whispered at her.

"Every holiday is overrated though..." she pointed out.

Tessa turned her head around and raised her eyebrows at Josh for sneering at her girlfriend. She had to rub at her nose after Cessily kissed it. It always tickled when she did that.

"That's why I don't celebrate any," Josh replied. "Holidays are for kids. You grow up and there's no magic left."

"That's just because you can't see it anymore." She told Josh, nodding knowledgeably . "That happens to most people who grow up. It's a widespread problem." She held up her index finger and grinned. "The best remedy for it is to find ones inner kid again."

"I like Halloween, but that's pretty much it," she shrugged.

"Inner kid?" He looked at her skeptically. "Cute, Cess, but explain to me what exactly is the benefit in regressing to childhood, even just for a holiday."

"Kids don't have to worry about being blown up or being kicked out of their homes because they're mutants." Tessa hooked her elbow over the back of the couch to look straight at Josh.

"The benefit? The benefit is that it feels great, and you can forget all the troubles and sorrows for a few days and just be close to the people you love. That's benefit enough for me. Try it, and you'll see." She nodded and smiled.

"So you'll live in a fantasy world just so you don't have to deal with your problems." Josh shook his head. "I can't do that. If people act fake, I can't take them seriously."

"What's the problem with not taking people seriously?"

Cessily took the note Tessa had given her and quickly scribbled something more on it. I feel so bad for having been so sulky before. I had no idea about you and Christmas. I'm sorry! She handed it to Tessa with her sweetest possible smile.

"What's the point in acting fake - at all?" he shot back. "Life goes on even if you take a break. Something fake holds no value."

"There's no point in acting fake..." she muttered, "It doesn't help anything, and it just tends to
cause more problems..."

Rachel couldn't help but think of the whole cutting issue.

"How am I living in a fantasy world when I just want to enjoy my time with the people I love, and Christmas brings us all together?" She shook her head. "And I'm not acting fake if I do that. Christmas is just a great opportunity to show my true feelings." She shrugged. "And sometimes taking a break is what you need."

"Ah agree with Cess, Christmas is a time ta revel in tha loved ones ya got 'round ya." She frowned, "Do you not like spendin' time with ya loved ones, Josh?'

Josh shrugged. "Whatever. I don't care what you do, so long as I don't get dragged into the mush." He scowled at Rogue. "Sure, when there's someone important to me. But holidays obligate you to love them. It's not genuine."

"No they don't. Just obligates ya ta be more aware of the people 'round ya. Whether ya love 'em or not. An' from me, it's always genuine when Ah care. If Ah don't like someone, they know it. Holiday time or not."

Tessa smiled slyly at Josh and read the note. Don't worry about it. Really. It's fine now. "You can quit scowling now. Not loving your family isn't altogether odd here."

"Hell, some people don't have family. Or much of one." She cuddled into the pillow on the couch, thinking
about her parents.

A muscle in his cheek jerked. "Who says I... God. It's like a conspiracy. Seriously, hang your mistletoe and put up your stockings, and enjoy your memories. I don't give a crap."

Rogue sighed, he reminded her of Drake. She wasn't up to another Drake at the moment, so she let it drop.

Cessily gave Rogue a comforting smile. "You do have a family." She sighed at Josh's comment. "Ah... I'm certain you'll love to spend Christmas with us once you've settled in. Definitely."

"Holidays tend to involve food fights," Rachel warned him.

"An aunt Ah haven't seen since Ah was 11 or 12 an' an uncle Ah've nevah met? Not much of a family."

Tessa ripped off a part of the paper and scribbled on it. She balled it up and threw it at josh. No one blames you here. Most of us have had shitty families at some point or another. It had a little smilie drawn on it.

Was she perpetually cheerful? Josh shut up, but his incredulity was obvious on his face. Still, her attention made heat rush to his face.

Cessily's smile didn't fade. "I mean us, Rogue. The people here."

Tessa's note struck him on the forehead. He blinked and picked it up. His frown deepened as he read it. The he crumbled it and shoved in his pocket, and offered a wry smile to Tessa.

She lifted her head to look at Cess, "That's true. Thanks, sugah."

Tess raised an eyebrow at Josh and smiled at him. She turned back to the conversation. "Everyone here pretty much becomes your family from day one. This is a good place."

"Sounds lovely," he said dryly, sinking into the couch. "So what do you folks for fun that doesn't including caroling or baking gingerbread?"

Rachel smirked and raised an eyebrow, "Caroling and baking? Well, depends. I tend to hide in my room and pull pranks on people. We hang out here, raid the kitchen...tons of other things..."

"Oh, I don't know. I thought stealing half the faculty's boxers was a good time." Tessa sent a wink and a blown kiss at Cessily.

Cessily nodded her head vigorously. "So true, Tess! That was great!" She put on a thoughtful expression. "Hmmm... oh well, we do many things together. Like going out, having parties, play games, watch movies, listen to music, study together, we cook... and there are many hobbies people have that can be done together. It's quite fabulous, actually!"

Rogue laughed, "Ah foh one like drunken spin tha bottle an' truth or dare. An' tha strip clubs..."

Josh's mind turned uncomfortably to the Pinky and the Brain boxers he was currently wearing.

Oh, the raid. She surpressed a shudder at the thought of the teachers.

"Oooh, right, those are the most fun games." She giggled. "You'll love them, Josh!"

"I don't know. Spin the bottle? Last time I played that was... never."

"Spin the bottle isn't that bad. They even got me to play."

"For the record, that is a huge accomplishment." Cessily clarified.

"Don't think I've been in one of those spin-the-bottle games yet." She considered and dipped her head. "that might be for the better."

"Why, no good kissers?" He smirked at Tessa.

"Awww, don't say that." She played with Tessa's hair. "You'd have fun, and I'm sure no one at the school would mind if you'd play. Believe me."

"I'm afraid I might make people look bad." She giggled and smiled wide, giving Cessily a light kiss on the cheek.

"That's because most people look bad next to you." She smirked and wrapped her arms around her.

"In that case, include me in your next game. I need hard evidence to back up any theory." He smiled cheekily. "I need coffee. Anyone else want some?"

"I'll have some..."

"I never say no to coffee." She pointed towards the kitchen. "That's nice of you. Do you know where everything is? The coffee is in the third or fourth cupboard on the right. Depends on where people put it after using it."

Tessa giggled. She could very likely enjoy the new kid's sense of humor.

"Got it," he nodded to Cess. "What about milk - anyone?"

Remy slipped into the kitchen holding his empty mug. "Oh hey. Y'all beat me here. Sorry, got sidetracked - TJ called about her an' Johnny."

"Dere still some left in d' pot?" He tutted at Josh. "Non, don' use dat stuff. I've got a good blend up in d' back of d' cupboard." He russled around in it, and pulled down the bag.

"Oh yeah? How is tha Lil Sugah?" She grinned at him, "So that's where ya hide it..."

Josh put the pot down and raised his hands, backing away. "Not gonna step on your coffee-blending toes, man," he said.

He chuckled. "Didn' mean t' step on y'rs either. Jus' dis is d' real stuff. Dat other crap'll do if y're in a pinch."

"An' he's great. Very happy t' see his grandparents."

"Aww that's so good. Ah'm glad they got ta go visit. An' glad they made it ok too." She grinned at Josh and nodded emphatically, "Yeah, sugah, tha stuff Remy makes is tha best coffee Ah've eva had."

"Smells great," he said, taking a sniff. "I didn't know there was 'real' coffee like 'real' beer."

Tessa stepped to the kitchen and watched the others, leaning against the doorframe. She smiled at them all quietly.

Cessily peeked over Tessa's shoulder. "Awww, good to hear that they're doing fine."

"Oh oui. Dere most certainly is. Y' need t' come down t' N'awleans an' have some fresh beignets wit' it too."

She frowned at Remy, "What's in it again, sugah? Some kinda different spice or somethin'?"

"Chicory. An' its a real dark blend. Stuff y' can stand y're spoon up in."

"Ah, I can assure you that Remy makes some delicious coffee. You'll really have to give it a try."

"Awesome." Josh's mouth was already watering. "I will then."

He finished grinding the beans and dumped it into the coffeemaker. "I make some good gumbo too. Y' like spicy food at all?"

"Remy's gumbo is awesome, too."

"It's my favorite," Josh said, glancing between Cessily and the pot. "I've had some good jambalaya."

"Oui? Well dere we go den. I'll make y' a happy man." He gave him another smile and chuckled. "Some of d' people here swear I'm tryin' t' kill dem wit' my cookin'."

Rogue playfully backhanded Remy's arm, "Ya makin' mah mouth water. Stop it. Although..." She decided she'd finish that sentence with him later.

"Mmm... I love spicy food." She grinned, putting her chin on Tessa's shoulder. "We should have it more often."

"You'd have a hard time killing me," Josh laughed.

He gave Rogue an affectionate slap to the behind and laughed at Josh. "Suppose so. We'll jus' have t' sit y' at
d' dinner table den."

Tess raised an eyebrow at Remy. "Do you do that to everyone?" She scooted over closer to the table and got a glass out of the cabinet to get water.

She jerked up a bit and a small squeak sound came out of her. Once she was firm on the ground again she gave Remy a wry smile, "Don't start what ya cain't finish, sugah."

"Pretty much, oui. Why not?" He answered Tessa.

He chuckled and pulled the finished pot out from under the machine. "An' who said I can't finish it either? Ok. Who's in?"

"I am."

"Sure."

"Hm, seeing that we're all going to have some nice coffee, why not see if there's some cake left in the fridge?" She stepped over and pulled the door open, peeking in.

She just shook her head. "The day someone slaps back, I want to have a camera to get it on film."

She got out a cup and grinned over her shoulder at Remy, "Ya know Ah'm in. Ah love ya...coffee." She looked over at Cess, "Oh, Ah made some pecan pie a lil while ago. Maybe there's some left?"

Rogue turned to Tessa, "Ya shoulda had a camera a long time ago." She winked at her and turned her attention back to getting coffee.

Josh poked his head in the fridge with Cessily. "Damn, you people eat around here or what?"

"Yeah, if we can ever find any food..."

"There's baklava in there somewhere. Should be in the blue container with the 'don't touch' sticker on it."

"Let's see..." She rummaged through the fridge's contents. "Woohoo, we're in luck!" She took the leftovers of the pecan pie out.

He blinked, and slid his gaze over to Anna, but went back to pouring the cups. "Oui, an' shes got a helluva arm on her t' boot."

Josh found the baklava on a top shelf and opened the plastic top. "Looks good," he said, passing it back to Cessily. "... Is that horseradish?"

Rogue looked around the kitchen with her best innocent face, then slapped Remy's ass playfully before turning quickly to her pie, "Oh great! There's some left over!"

She inspected it. "I'd say it's pistachios."

He yelped and twisted around. "Y' see. Ain' only me dat's corrupt in dis place."

"Looks suspicious, whatever it is." Josh wrinkled his nose and backed from the fridge, grabbing his mug. He took a sip. "Geez, that coffee is good."

"Everyone's corrupt here in some way or another," she smirked.

"Hey, if Ah'm currupt then you corrupted me." She grinned and poked her finger into his chest.

"Y' see? Nothin' beats it. I should start gettin' it
shipped in bulk." He chuckled and mock bit at Rogue's finger. "True enough."

"Whatever or whoever is doing the corruption here, sooner or later it's affecting anyone here."

Tessa smirked. "There's a difference in corrupted and perverse." She smiled over the rim of her glass. "You just happen to be the latter."

"This conversation is perverse," Josh said, chugging more coffee.

"Oh really? An' jus' what makes me so perverse den?" His phone rang again. "Merde, its Papa now, I'll be right back."

Cessily put the pie and the baklava on the table and went to get some plates and cutlery.

Rachel took a sip from her mug.

Tessa chuckled. "Want an example or a demonstration, Remy?"

"Tell him Ah said hi!" She frowned, "Even though Ah've nevah met him... How does that work..." She said the last mostly to herself and into her mug as she sipped her coffee.

She put everything in place, then turned towards the shelf again and grabbed a mug for herself. "Not let me get some of that good coffee."

Josh grabbed a knife and starting cutting up the baklava. "I hope this hasn't been sitting long. Who wants some?"

"Ooh, ooh! Me!" She raised a hand and waved as she poured the coffee with the other one. "Please!"

Rogue shook her head at the baklava, "No thanks, sugah. But Ah do want some of mah pie." She grabbed a plate and a fork and fished out a piece. "Who else wants pie?"

Tess reached in ans snitched a triangular piece. "I don't have to ask. I made it."

Josh served Cessily a piece on a plate and raised his eyebrows at Tessa. "Not I, said the hen."

"Ooh, ooh! Me!" She left her hand up and waved some more. "I also want some pie. Please!"

Rogue grinned, "Are we evah gonna do that Rocky Horror midnight showing?" She eyed Josh, "We have a new boy ta put in..." She laughed as she fished out a piece for Cess, putting it on her plate.

He groaned, and said through a mouthful of baklava, "I don't even want to know..."

"Thanks, Josh! Thanks, Rogue!" She grinned and took her plate. "Oh, yes, that's a must."

Rogue grinned at him, "It involves women in slutty clothes, how could ya not wanna know?"

"Color me interested."

Tessa snickered. "The girls aren't the only ones in slutty clothes. How could you forget Rocky?"

"I'd say the guys' clothes are even sluttier." She smirked.

"I'm open-minded." Josh teetered back in the chair. He shoved baklava in his mouth and downed coffee at the same time.

Tessa rased an eyebrow at Josh. "Like the food, do you?" She smiled sweetly. "You'd have to be to last very long here."

"Wff, ffts fnn fng..." He broke off mid sentence to swallow. "That's one thing you don't have to worry about with me."

She took another sip of her coffee and listened to the conversation.

"Ah didn't forget Rocky... Rocky's mah favorite part."

"I don't blame you. I'd rather go for Frank myself, though. More fun."

He came back in, flipping the phone shut. "I swear, I'm a wanted man t'night." He grabbed Anna's hand and stole her bite of pie off her fork.

Cessily chuckled and winked. "Just tonight?" She took a sip from her coffee.

"Killer coffee, Remy," Josh saluted him with the cup.

"Merci." He winked at Cess. "Wellllll...ok maybe not jus' tonight. But don' usually have d' phone ringin' dat much."

Tess stood up to get more water. "Tie a bell to it and it'll really ring." She shimmied around the edge of the table and went to the tap.

"Y' got more kinks dan I know about girl? Tassles for y'?"

Tessa chuckled to herself. "Phone charms...or did you think I was speaking of something else?"

"Wit' y', I can never tell." He stole another bite of pie. "Dis is real nice. Y' made it?" He asked Rogue.

Cessily took the fork and ate some of the pie. "Neither can I, Remy." She told him. "And yeah, it's delicious."

He glanced between the two girls. Whatever that blip was, they seemed to have figured it out. "Maybe y' jus' need t' give her some of her own back, neh?"

Tess came up behind Remy's chair and bent forward. "And to answer your first question, yes, I do." She sipped more water and went back to her seat.

Rogue grinned at him and fed him another piece, this time willingly, "Yeah, Ah did. Thanks."

"Interestin' mind picture. Y' can try bows if y' want t' go for festive." He pressed a quick kiss to the back of Rogue's gloved fingers. "An' thanky' for lettin' me steal all y're pie."

She grinned and flushed a little pink, "Mah pie is all yours, sugah." She fed him the last bite, "Ya want ya own piece now? Maybe Ah could steal some of yours?"

"Oh? Dere's more left? Sure." He located the pan and pulled it over. "Y' are feelin' a bit naughty t'night, neh?"

Josh drained the cup and gave a roar, stretching his arms above his head. "That was good."

Cessily looked back and forth between Remy and Rogue, slightly puzzled and frowning. "You are talking about cake, right?"

She let her eyebrows raise innocently, "Who me?" She took a bite of the last piece of pie and grinned at him, "Maybe a lil bit..."

Tessa slowly twisted her head over to look at Josh. "If you're that loud in bed, you get one of the soundproof rooms."

He winked at her. "Wanna find out?"

"You sure you can handle me properly?"

"Well even if he don't, he can always heal y', neh?"

Rogue looked over at Josh, "Ya a healer? That would come in handy..."

He leaned across the table with a saucy grin. "I like experimenting with the stamina of my powers."

"Geez, what is she, a monster?" he cried.

Cessily chewed on her cake and looked from one person in the room to the next. Is it just when I'm around,
or are they always behaving that lewdly?

"That depends on whether or not you like what happens." Tessa threw him a wink. "Oh, and you'll definitely be experimenting with stamina of some sort if we go there."

"So... we're probably not talking about cake anymore now, yes?" She arched her eyebrows. "Right?"

Josh let out a bark-like laugh.

He shook his head, and went back to sharing his pie and sipping his coffee as he turned to Anna. "So how y' been? Wit' everythin' haven't had a chance t' jus' talk much lately."

"No, I think we moved to pie, Cess." She reached
over and laced her fingers with Cessily's.

"Doin' ok. Holiday season's a lil tough, but Ah got all y'all now." She smiled at him and met his eyes, "An' Ah wouldn't trade that f' tha world."

"Ahh... that kind of pie, yes yes. I see." Cessily giggled and closed her hand around Tessa's. "You know, I really like pie."

Rogue took another bite, "An' you, sugah? Been awfully busy lately?"

Josh scooted his chair away from the table and poked his head back in the fridge. He started removing the makings of a sandwich.

He gave her a soft smile. "Well, I'm glad. Though I'm gonna nip off home real quick t' do a function on d' day of, but I'll be around d' rest of d' time. An' oui. Between everythin'...its been crazy."

Tess giggled. "Mmm, I bet you do." She leaned close to her ear and whispered in it, "Want to go up to your room and get some? Might even get milk if Japh's still awake."

"Yeah? Are ya excited ta see ya family? Ah bet they miss ya like crazy, huh?"

"Oui. Well Papa's a bit disappointed I ain't bringin' Johnny, but he's still happier dan hell t' have me."

"That's understandable. Ah mean, what Grandaddy, in their right mind, wouldn't wanna see their grandbaby? Did ya tell him Ah said hi, by tha way?"

Josh scowled at the near-empty mustard jar. He scraped up the remains and spread it on a slice of bread, stuffing the sandwich with ham and cheese.

Cessily made a mischievous face and gave Tessa a wry smile before she leaned in to kiss her. "That sounds like the best idea I've heard today, sweetie! You know how much I love pie and milk!"

"I did. He knows who y' are too. I've told him a lot about y'. Nothin' private though>"

The sandwich was now several stacks hih. He squished it down with his palms and then took a bite.

Rogue flushed a bit, "Ya have? That's good... 'Bout tha nothin' private..." She arched an eyebrow, "Nothin' bad either Ah hope?"

"Of course not. What would I say bad about y' anyways? Y've been nothin' but supportive an' kind."

"Let's go get some then." Tessa leaned in and pressed a gentle kis to Cessily's cheekbone and the corner of her mouth.

The blush grew a bit darker, "Sugah, Ah wouldn't know what else ta be with ya."

Tessa stood up and backed out of the kitchen, holding both of Cessily's hands in hers. She caught Rogue's eye and gave her a short wink on the way out. I love this place.

Rogue laughed, "Guess Ah need ta stay away from mah room f' a while..."

"Ah, think we can come wit' a place for y' t' bunk, neh?"

Josh filled his face with sandwich.

Cessily grinned almost from ear to ear as she left with Tessa. I love getting dessert!

[Edited on 2/10/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.