Read our full Game transcripts here!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

10/6 Game: Never a Dull Moment

Post by Saint Kurt »

Father Wagner's Apartment

FrWagner Kurt opened the oven door and looked in. The turkey looked perfect, crispy brown skin, sliced potatoes and carrots arrayed around the edges of the pan, the ends of the drumsticks carefully wrapped in tin foil... This was going to be good.

FrWagner He looked at the directions again and noting the time, started the gravy heating in the microwave.

Alex Alex stood in front of Wagner's door. He didn't really feel like company at all, but maybe it would take his mind off. Hopefully Meggan wouldn't come, though.

FrWagner The rest of the food looked good too. Mashed potatoes. Orange sweet potatoes with, of all things, marshmallows on top. A bowl of green beans. And he even had pie with real whipped cream for dessert. It was, by far, the most elaborate meal ever to come out of his kitchen.

Japh Japh came up next to Alex, "You waiting for something?" he asked, then knocked on the Wagner's door.

Meggan Meggan made her way to Wagner's apartment. She didn't feel like good company right now but it was thanksgiving and she had a new little brother who she would be meeting soon to be thankful for. Of course there were things she wasn't thankful for too but she wasn't going to think about those today.

FrWagner There was a knock on the door so Wagner limped quickly to open it.

FrWagner "Hey Japh, Alex... Welcome, come in," he said.

Alex He nodded at Japh and then waved at Wagner. "Hello, Father.," even managing a smile.

Meggan Meggan rounded the corner just as Wagner let the others in, "Happy thanksgiving, Father" she called.

Japh "Hi, smells good, times like these that I wish I ate." Japh walked in then heard Meggan behind him. Aww, the two lovebirds is going to have their first Thanksgiving together.

FrWagner "Happy thanksgiving to you too. Come in, come in." Kurt gestured Meggan inside.

Alex At the sound of her voice he winced slightly. Bad luck, why do you like me so much? He hurriedly walked through the entrance without saying another word.

Meggan Meggan smiled at Wagner despite the sadness that she felt on seeing Alex. "Wow it smells really good!" she waved at Japh.

FrWagner "Thanks. I've been slaving in the kitchen for days," Kurt said with a wry smile.

Alex Only now he noticed the good smell, and instantly his stomache made a deep, growling sound.

Alex "Wow, I'm really surprised, Father. Would you mind sharing some of your receipts later on? I'm quite interested into cooking myself."

FrWagner "I suppose Eany and Meany might enjoy dinner at least though. They'll eat, right?" Kurt asked Japh. Japh's mutation was quite fascinating, one that he wished he could have studied in more depth. Eximius Hominus had had a file on Japh but it was quite thin.

Japh "If you don't mind seeing worms gorge themselves." Japh took a look around the apartment from where he was standing, he was actually never been in there before.

FrWagner Kurt grinned again. "Of course Alex. My secret: Silvercreek Restaurant over in Scarsdale. They made everything."

FrWagner "And it's a good thing too. If I'd cooked... We probably would have starved."

Alex "Oh..." He blinked...and was a bit disappointed. However... "Do you know whether they take apprentices?"

Meggan Meggan giggled,"Aww,I'm sure it's not that bad, Father.Couldn't possibly be as bad as when Rachel and me started to learn cooking..." she grinned

FrWagner Kurt shook his head. "No idea," he said.

FrWagner "I didn't know you liked to cook Alex."

FrWagner "And me in the kitchen is that bad," Kurt said to Meggan. "Do you know, I never even turned on a stove until I was in my forties. The stove on my house in Los Angeles still had the tags on it when I sold the house a few years later."

Alex "Well, guess I have to call them myselfe then." He shrugged at Wagner's question: "It's not so much liking it, it's a pleasure...". Then he put his nose in the air and sniffed. only to walk into the direction of the kitchen. "Do you mind me checking it out?"

FrWagner "Be my guest," Kurt said. "I have instructions on how to heat everything and finish cooking it. It will be ready in just a few more minutes."

Japh "Sometimes I think I should try my hand in the kitchen again. Father, you need a hand with anything else?"

FrWagner Kurt went over to the kitchen and pulled out plates and silverware.

FrWagner "You can set the table," Kurt said.

Meggan Meggan laughed at Kurt's story and watched Alex head off to check out the food, she decided to distract herself with helping Japh set the table.

FrWagner "I'm not sure for how many though... There may be more coming. I invited Talia and Remy, my language class, and the professors as well."

Alex Alex went through the pots and the stove like a bloodhound, sniffing every now and then, even adding spices from time to time. Maybe he wouldn't call that restaurant after all...

Japh "Meggan, you mind getting the cutlery? Father, the plates are...where?" Japh looked across the cabinets.

FrWagner "Right there," Kurt said pointing to the stack of plates he'd put on the counter.

FrWagner "Hopefully that will be enough," he said.

Japh Japh turned to see the plates, feeling like an idiot for missing them. "Ja, thanks, okay." He grabbed them and started placing them on the table.

Alex "Father,would you have thyme, maybe?," he shouted over his shoulder. That turkey could use a bit of it.

Meggan Meggan scooped up the cutlery and cheated somewhat by using her powers, she was able to set the table all the way around from where she was standing. "Done!"she grinned

FrWagner Kurt pushed his television out of the corner and turned it on. "What's the tradition in America with Thanksgiving? Football?" he asked.

FrWagner Kurt flipped through the channels looking for a game of American football.

Japh "Show off," Japh said to Meggan as he put the final plate down.

FrWagner Kurt looked over at the table just as the timer in his kitchen dinged.

Meggan "Well perople are always saying I should practise more...." she smiled at Japh

FrWagner "Perfect!" he said. "Uh time Alex? Well... I guess I do. What are we waiting for?"

FrWagner He returned to the kitchen where Alex seemed to be augmenting his food with various spices of his own.

Alex He probably hasn't heard me...Well, it's okay that way too, I guess. He got up and away from the stove and walked over into the other room, right on the spot for seeing Meggan smiling at Japh. Which made him kind of jealous...

Japh Japh smiled back at Meggan, "I wouldn't mind trading in one of my powers for something as handy as yours though. Would you be interested in seeing the past of stuff?"

FrWagner "Well... It's ready but I don't know where everyone else is," Kurt said.

Alex "We could start anyways, that bird won't survive in the stove for much longer, Father." He cast a mean frown at Japh, as if he intended to shove him in there right next to the turkey.

Meggan Meggan thought on Japh's question for a moment then shook her head,"Considering some of our fellow students extra curricular activities I think I'll pass...." she blushed slightly

FrWagner "Why don't we wait a little bit. Alex said he wanted some time anyway." Kurt turned the stove down to keep everything warm and then sat down on the couch.

FrWagner "Or... Do you think it will get too... dry?" Kurt asked Alex. Gott. He couldn't even reheat food right.

Alex "It might. And I think cold...or cold-ish turkey is better than dry one." Time?...What time?

FrWagner Kurt stood up. "True. Why don't we let the late-comers have cold turkey then."

Japh Japh chuckled on Meggan's answer, glancing at Wagner sitting down. He looked back at Meggan, "Mind you, it's not as bad as you might think seeing the past. Trust me, you get to like some of the things you see." he grinned.

FrWagner Kurt returned to the kitchen. "Want to help me get all this stuff served Alex?" He asked.

Meggan Meggan blinked, feeling suddenly self-conscious, she blushed again, "Er... yeah I suppose....."

FrWagner "The last time I carved a turkey at this school... someone had rigged it to explode," Kurt said.

Alex "I'd like to." He nodded half at Wagner, half kept he frowning at Japh. Did he really talk dirty with his...Meggan?

Charlie Charlie knocked on the door, still trying to figure why exactly he was there.

Alex "Really? Why, Father?"

Japh Japh laughed when he heard Wagner reminiscing about that thanksgiving. "I'll get the door." Japh walked over and opened it. "Hey, Charlie, right?"

FrWagner "We had a student who liked to ... play practical jokes," Kurt said.

Alex "Sounds like a mean joke to me. You really shouldn't waste good food."

FrWagner "It's true," Kurt agreed. "We were all covered in ... turkey and ... I'm afraid no one was really laughing."

Charlie "That'd be me. And you're... Jeff?"

Meggan Meggan wondered who would do something like that. Didn't seem like a sensible thing to do after all....

Alex "I made sure this won't happen today, promise." He gave the blue priest a friendly smile. "I'm surprised you can carve a turkey anyways, father. Is thanksgiving the same in Germany?"

Japh Japh smiled, "Close, it's Japh, come in, Turkey's waiting in the oven." He stood to one side, holding the door open.

FrWagner Kurt turned around to see the new arrival. "Ah Charlie. Happy thanksgiving," he said.

FrWagner "Actually, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany," Kurt told Alex. "It's an American holiday - supposedly celebrating a dinner between European settlers and the American natives. So in Germany... no turkey for us. Too bad really. I like it."

Alex "Ah, so you only here learned how to carve a turkey?...Oh, and hi Charlie." He rose a hand to greet the new guy.

Charlie "Ah. Sorry about that." He stepped into the apartment. "Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Father." He recognized a couple people, passing acquaintances at most.

Meggan Meggan smiled at Charlie, "Hi, Happy Thanksgiving."

FrWagner "And... I never did carve the turkey that Thanksgiving. I stuck the knife in and ... Blam! They turkey carved itself. Would you care to do the honors?" Kurt asked, handing Alex the knife.

FrWagner "I promise there is nothing in it that will explode," he added.

Japh Japh caught what Wagner said, "You sure about that Father? Actually, I thought it was hilarious that happened back then."

Alex "Ah...sure." For the first time since he had arrived he smiled for real. He just wished he had had time to practice it. Anyways, he placed the knife and started to cut into the giant dead bird.

Sunspot Charlie shook Alex's hand, responding in kind. "Happy Thanksgiving. And to you, as well." he nodded in Meggan's direction.

FrWagner "If it does explode," Kurt said to Japh, "Silvercreek is going to hear about it. But four star restaurants don't usually have explosive food so ... I'm confident we'll be eating rather than wearing this Turkey."

Japh "It was thanks to the exploding turkey that I got my first actual kiss from a girl not related to me," Japh wished he never mentioned that.

Meggan Meggan giggled, "WEll I guess exploding food has it's benefits, then."

Alex Alex rose an eyebrow at Japheth's comment, but he kept on carving the turkey, deeply concentrating on the tast at hand.

Kurt carried the various side dishes over to the table and set them down the middle so everyone could reach. Then again, they didn't need such a long table with only half of it filled. He rearranged the dishes so they were all on one side. Then he pulled the card table off to the side so they could all sit around his kitchen table and talk.

FrWagner "As soon as Alex is done carving, dinner is served," Kurt said.

Alex "Well, I've got a perfect timing then, I guess. The birdie is done and good. Who wants 'breast'? You, Japh?"

Japh "Hey, I think the best bits are left for people who actually can enjoy them, I'll wait until everyone else finishes before I grab a plate for myself."

FrWagner Kurt looked at all the food and the small group seated at his table. "I wouldn't worry about it Japh. I ordered for 20 people. We'll have more than enough 'bits' for everyone. Eany and Meany are ... 'people' too." Kurt smiled.

FrWagner "Who would like to say grace?" Kurt asked.

Japh "I think it would be fitting if you said it, Father."

Alex "I'd think this is your job, isn't it Father?" He said down too finally, after spreading parts of the turkey to everyone.

Server FrWagner has changed the topic to “A Very Wagner Thanksgiving...”

FrWagner "Oh, fine... typecast me," Kurt said with a grin.

FrWagner "Well, let's see then..." Kurt cast his eyes down for a moment, thinking. Then he looked up and made the sign of the cross.

FrWagner "Father, on this day that American's celebrate thankfulness for the bounty and fellowship that this country provided them, we too thank you: for this meal, for the company of friends, and for providing a place for us extraordinaries to live, learn, and perfect our talents."

FrWagner "I thank you for giving me the opportunity to teach here, to be a mentor to our future. And I thank you for allowing me to celebrate this day sober. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen."

FrWagner "What are you thankful for today?" Kurt asked the group around the table.

Alex "Amen." Alex opened his eyes and put his hands left and right of his plate.

Meggan Meggan smiled at Wagner, "I'm thankful for my lovely foster parents and my new baby brother," she sighed inwardly, wanted to add someone else to that list and being unable to.

Alex "I'm...uhm, I think I'm happy for having a place to stay at, food, and clothes, the usual." Oh right, a home...where would he stay now over the break?

Japh Amen "I am thankful for, well, prety much everything, really, Cessily, who's spending her Thanksgiving with her family, Tessa who helped bring Meany back to the living. Heck, even the fact that I can still live here is a big plus for me." Mental note, try and patch things up with father.

Charlie "Would it be inappropriate if I said 'Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll?'?"

Meggan Too late now....

FrWagner Kurt laughed. "Nothing's inappropriate if that's what you're grateful for," he said.

FrWagner It was too bad, he thought, that Charlie felt the need to say something funny rather than give a sincere expression of thanks. Kurt didn't know Charlie that well yet. He'd have to pay more attention in the future.

Japh Japh suddenly had Crazy uninhibited threesome sex in his head when Wagner said that. He tried to suppress his grin.

FrWagner "You know, when I first lived here, I was your age," Kurt said. "And I remember Professor Xavier and Dr. McCoy talking about their plans for this place. And a little later, I was helping them plan too. And I never in a million years thought it would work as well as it has."

Meggan Meggan nibbled at her food and smiled at Wagner, it was definately a nice place to study. It was just as shame the outside world was so unforgiving....

Alex Yep, the turkey was okay that way too...nnnot, perfect, but okay. "Uhm, Father? Would you mind if we switch the TV on? I'd like to see the parade..."

FrWagner Kurt poured gravy on his turkey and took a bite. Delicious. He'd definitely done the right thing by hiring out for food. If he'd tried to cook all this ... they'd still be putting out the flames.

Japh "Let's just hope that it'll stay getting better for the university." Japh mentioned. He looked at the food on his plate, then thought of his maggots. "Um, would you excuse me for just a second?"

FrWagner "Oh, sure," Kurt said. He leaned over to grab the remote off the couch. "That's right. Paige is going to be on isn't she?" He turned the television on and flipped through the channels.

FrWagner "Tell me which one," he said to Alex.

Charlie Charlie had a piece of turkey halfway to his mouth when his phone started vibrating. "Ah crap. Excuse me for a second." he put the fork down and got up, pulling his phone out of his pocket. A quick conversation later, and he returned to the table, with an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry guys, but I have to go. Thanks a lot for the whole set-up, Father. See you guys later."

Alex "New York, I think...channel, uhm...sixty eight?"

Charlie Charlie headed out, closing the door behind him.

FrWagner "Oh... Well, take some with you Charlie, because we've got..." Kurt started to say, but Charlie was out the door before he could finish.

FrWagner Kurt looked back at the others and shrugged.

Meggan Meggan waved as Charlie left, "HAppy Thanksgiving!" she called after him

Japh Japh walked to one of the other rooms, which turned out to be the bathroom. He just wanted to out of their line of sight when he let hte maggots out through his stomach. He cam back with a maggot on each of his arms.

FrWagner He found channel 68 on the television.

Japh "Where's Charlie?" he asked as he picked up his plate and placed it on the floor and let the maggots eat. He sat back down on his seat, turning to look a the TV.

Meggan "He got a phonecall and had to go..." Meggan told Japh, "And if I find one of them in my food again..." she smiled to show she was only joking

Alex "He had to leave early." He looked at the TV, searching the pictures for Paige. She'd be upset if he wouldn't see her during this, he was sure of that. He couldn't bear to loose her too, so he wouldn't miss it.

FrWagner "Hey boys..." Kurt said, seeing that Japh had returned to the table with Eany and Meany.

FrWagner Apparently the food was good enough for everyone; conversation ground to a halt while everyone ate. The only sound was the background noise from the television; the sound of the announcer talking about each float as they appeared on screen.

FrWagner It was definitely a smaller thanksgiving than he'd expected, Kurt thought, but it was the first one in his home, and he was sober so that made it pretty special.

Japh "Don't worry, they're not doing anything unless I give the go ahead," Japh grinned at Meggan, adding a wink for good measure. He loved it when she blushed, was funny as hell.

Alex "Oh...Who is the big, fat, and yellow guy supposed to be?" He pointed at one of the balloons.

Meggan Meggan blushed, wondering what Japh would give them the go ahead for exactly.

Japh Japh turned to look what in heaven's name Alex was talking about, "Dude, that's Homer Simpson, you don't recognise him?"

Alex "Homer?...The author of the Odyssey?"

FrWagner "Homer was a blind poet in ancient Greece," Kurt said. "I'm pretty sure he didn't dress like that. Who's Homer Simpson?"

Japh "You're kidding, right? Have you been living under a rock? Homer Simpson, as in the father figure in The Simpsons, ring any bells? Bart, Marge, Lisa, Maggie? He keeps doing stupid things, adding the word Doh! when he realises what he had done."

Japh "I mean that show's one of the longest sitcoms running, and is still running, they even had a movie come out last year. Someone should teach pop culture here."

Alex "Oh, really?..." He scratched his head. "No, doesn't ring a bell. Is that something like the Smurfs?"

Meggan Meggan couldn't help a giggle, "Um... not really..."

FrWagner "The smurfs are blue," Kurt said.

FrWagner He may not have know who Homer Simpson was, but Kurt knew his blue cartoon characters very well.

Japh "Okay, you all need to watch more television...speaking of which, shouldn't Miss America be on a ride in he parade or something?"

Alex "Yes, so, like the smurfs, only yellow?...And Paige is about to come up..." He looked at his watch. "...about now."

Meggan "I watch an appaling ammount of television. I know who Homer Simpson is." Meggan patted Japh's arm.

Japh Japh gave Meggan's hand a squeeze adding an extra emotion when he said, "Thank you, I thought I was the only person in this room, I felt like I was going mad."

FrWagner "I've lived in Rome for all but the last 3 years. We didn't have The Homer Simpson Show on in Rome I don't think. I don't remember it," Kurt said.

FrWagner "But I almost never watch television," Kurt said. "I'm just watching this because I want to see Paige on television. Think about it, all those people out there, maybe getting their first glimpse of an extraordinary and they don't even know it."

Alex "There she is!" He pointed right at her, and in this second the camera zoomed in on her, as she was first swaying and then...collapsing! "Wha-...?"

Meggan Meggan watched as the scene unfolded, "Oh god! is she ok?!" she stood up, quickly.

Japh Japh turned when Alex yelled, "What....what just happened? She just fell."

FrWagner Kurt furrowed his brow. "Oh... She... What do you think happened?" He asked before realizing his guests were just as confused as he was.

Alex "She...she's lying on that...thing..." He couldn't even remember the correct name for the vehicle she had stood on, that's how confused he was. "Why don't they get someone to help her, a doctor, a nurse,...anyone!"

Meggan "I hope it's nothing serious!" Meggan couldn't help wondering if someone had hurt Paoge in someway, after the bomb in the university. But who would know she was different?

FrWagner "I'm afraid I don't know," Kurt said. "I'm sure help will arrive soon." He leaned forward, watching the screen intently as though he could will someone come to her aid by.

FrWagner "We... we shouldn't get too worried. At least, not yet. She could have just fainted ... You know, nervous," Kurt said to them.

Alex "why...why does all that bad stuff always happen to us? What have we done to deserve this?..." His fists clenched and opened uncontrolably, and all that sorrow, of the bomb, the problems with Meggan, and now this, all of this started to flood his eyes.

Japh "Wait, look, people are coming for her now. Geez I hope she'll be okay." Japh said. He hoped it was only nerves that got to her.

Meggan Meggan nodded and sat down again, "I'm... I'm sure she'll be alright. Father Kurt's probably right.... Alex...?"

He burried his face deep in his hands, ignoring everything else that was going on, just talking in incomplete and rashed sentences: "Why....the bomb exploding...and then this stupid bitch......everything done for...."

Meggan Meggan chewed her lip for a moment, trying to decide what to do, then she got up and put a hand onn Alex's shoulder. "t'll be ok... you'll see..."

Alex It would have meant so much, but somehow...somehow he couldn't manage to talk to Meggan right now, so he just put his hand on hers and sobbed.

FrWagner "I'm sure none of these events have anything to do with each other Alex. No one is persecuting us. Paige probably just fainted. And now they're helping her. This isn't the end of the world for us or even Paige," Kurt said to Alex.

Alex "It's just...all of this at once, and..." He didn't dare tell them about him and Meggie, it wasn't their problem. "It's just so overwhelming..."

Meggan MEggan put her arms around Alex, pulling him into a hug. So what if they weren't a couple anymore, she couldn't just watch him cry.

Japh Japh didn't know what to say. It looked like Meggan was handling Alex just fine, and Wagner's there to help too. He felt like a fifth wheel.

FrWagner "Alex, why don't you come to the infirmary with me," Kurt suggested. "You're upset and I need to talk to Dr. McCoy about what we just saw. If Paige really is sick, it's important he knows about it. What do you think?"

FrWagner Kurt looked over at Japh, who seemed kind of lost, unsure of what to say or do. "Some way to end a nice dinner, yes?" He said to Japh, giving him a sad smile. "I'm sure Paige will be fine. I don't want you to worry, at least ... not until we have something to worry about."

Alex He just nodded and got up. "Yes, I think that's a god idea, I...uhm, I guees I'm having some sort of episode here." He managed a, although quiet distorted, smile, while his hands where wildly fidgeting.

Japh "Yeah, you guys go ahead to the infirmary, I'll just stay and clean up some of the stuff here."

Meggan Meggan took one of his hands in hers and gave it a squeeze, "If you want, I'll come down too - to keep you company...." she looked at Alex, it was his decision.

FrWagner "Well then," Kurt said. "Why don't we go?" He stood up and reached out a hand to Alex.

FrWagner "That's very nice of you Japh but, you don't have to do that. I'll clean it up when I get back. We've got a lot of leftovers so I'll bring them down to the mansion for everyone."

Alex "I...I think I'd like that.," he told Meggan. Then he nodded at Kurt and walked over to the door.

FrWagner "All right then," Kurt said. "Let's go." He led the way out the door, Alex and Meggan following him. Kurt caught a last glimpse of Japh, Eany and Meany still at the table, starting to clear away the dishes.

FrWagner Even without the exploding turkey there was never a dull moment.

{fixed open italic markup --SK}

[Edited on 7/10/2007 by Saint Kurt]
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

10/6 Game: Never a Dull Moment

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

all the italics! they burn!
Freak
Global Moderator