10/12 Instance: Broken Toy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Alex was in no way eager to do this. He had enough trouble with his own, maybe telepathically abusive, relationship, he didn't need to care for other's too...But the Struckers could be unpleasant...or even dangerous! ...Werner A slight chill went through his body, and the corridor in front of Tessa's and Rogue's room seemed to get a little bit darker.

He sighed and shook the feeling off. You've got to do this. Now!...Or you might not find it in you to do it later... Then he knocked on the door.

Tessa was up on a stepladder under the fan in the middle of the room, wiping the blades off with a damp cloth and trying not to whack her head on the ceiling. She heard the knock and called out for whoever it was to come in. Probably Cess or Rogue...ah, well, they wouldn't mind her thighs being at eye level. One was her girl and the other shared a bathroom with her.

He opened the door a bit and poked his head in. "Uhm...are you decent?" He hadn't talked much with this newbie, so he didn't now what to expect. But he had heard stories...Which was the reason why he was here.

"Ah....yes. You're....who are you again?" Tessa tilted her head and climbed down as she finished dusting the fan blades off, turning it and the light on it back on. "Here to see Rogue?"

"N-...no. I'm out to have a talk with you, honestly." He entered the room completely.

"I am Alex...erm, Alexander Goodhaven. I'm one year over you." he waved at her.

Tessa pulled her hair down from its high ponytail and held out her hand. "Tessa Nikolic." She watched him for a minute as she combed her fingers through her hair. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Erm...it's...like..." Wow...he could understand why his cousin wanted her along on the break. He hadn't paid too much attention to the new girls yet, he would have had a bad conscience regarding Meggan...

Anyways! He arched his back and breathed in. "I am also Andreas von Strucker's cousin, and...I think you shouldn't go on your break over to his...uhm, our family. It's a bad idea." He gesticulated wildly in order to make her understand the importance of what he had to tell her.

Tessa blinked slowly and raised her eyebrows at his wild movements. Either the boy was psychotic, or there was something really bothering him about Andreas. "And...you think I shouldn't go because?" She held out her hand and motioned him to sit down. "I appreciate the sentiment, but I can take care of myself, even in Germany."

"Oh, it's not about Germany, no. It's a nice country." He sat down. "I even got pink lederhosen there!"

Only now it dawned him that she probably wouldn't care about this bit of information...or misjudge his sexuality because of it! "A-...anyways. It's not a bout the place, it's about the people. Don't got to the Strucker's, it's bad!"

He raised a finger and pointed at her. "Licking-on-an-outlet bad!"

She chose to ignore the pink lederhosen comment, as much as she could anyway. "You're really not giving me anything solid on why I shouldn't go. I already told Andreas I'd go, and I'm not backing out unless I've got good reason to." She took hold of his hand and lowered it to the bed. "Now, being specific, why shouldn't I go, other than 'it's a bad idea'?"

"They are crazy shits!"

"And that's different from here how again?" She scratched her neck and waited for an answer.

"Uhm...okay, I see the problem..." He thought for a bit. He couldn't tell her everything he knew, she just wouldn't believe him. But he could tell her loads of stuff to scare her off without spilling everything...

"Let's try it that way: You know a bit of Andreas' character?...I mean, yes, you'd have to, being his girlfriend and all. Anyways: Imagine a place with three more persons like him...four if you count my father."

"Hey hey hey. whoa. I never said I was his girlfriend. And just what makes you think I can't handle four people just like him? I grew up Roma, boy. I know how to deal with people who think I'm the equivalent of pond scum." She really couldn't see why this guy was making a huge deal out of it. They were only people.

"Okay, okay..." He got up and walked in circles. "First: Sorry, I just thought...well, you do have...uhm, intercourse, so..." He shrugged. Then he went on.

"Okay, Imagine: An archaic father. And I mean archaic! He's a bear of a man, loud, with prejudices by the dozen. And the mother! She is, like...bad! Andreas hates both, I think you get the idea...oh, and my father...married family. You mentioned pond scum? He'd put pond scum under the microscope!"

He finally stopped and looked at her, waiting for a reaction.

Tessa nodded once, tight-lipped. This boy really had no idea. "Look, Alexander. I don't mean to make light of whatever's obviously troubling you about this place, but I really don't think these people are that much of a threat. What can they do? Sure, they can be rude and hateful, but I'm fairly used to that. And unless your father had an extraordinarily large microscope, I think he'd have problems fitting me in it."

She reached around to her side table and picked up the hair ties she'd set down on it, putting it up in a messy club.

That made him drop his head. She wouldn't get it. Not if he would tell her everything...which he couldn't. Well, maybe this...

"When you....when the two of you had sex, did you notice a scar on his chest?"

She let out a sigh. "I can't say I was paying that much attention, but yes. It never occurred to me to ask how he got it."

"It's where she cut out his heart and replaced it with that of his sister." Alex sighed and sat back down. "You see, I don't want to scare you, and I do believe you that you can cope with mean people. But they aren't just mean! They are calculating with it. I don't think they will try to scare you away, they will want to use you in any way if you're unlucky."

Tessa blinked, taking a moment to let that settle in. "I didn't know he even had a sister." She felt...hell, she didn't know what she felt about that. But she shook herself and sat up straighter.

He shifted uncomfortably. It wasn't good to talk bad about others...even if it is true. "There was an accident, I don't know exactly what kind of..." Liar! "Andrea, Andreas' twin sister, ended up in a coma, he with a damaged heart. They invited me over after they found me, just because they believed I could help them with transferring her heart into him, this would probably be the most successful transplantation. They want an heir, not a son, if you interact with him, you will be drawn in."

"Well then, they'll be disappointed, won't they? I don't plan on having anyone's child for quite a while." She took a deep breath, hating to have to bring this up. "And I doubt they can use me or draw me in to anything I don't want to be a part of. They'll otherwise find out that when I say no, I mean no."

She said it with confidence and a little bit of arrogance, wanting to really impart to this Alex boy that she could handle these people he was so wary of. She'd done it before, in different circumstances. Why should this be any different?

"...Let's just hope they won't force you..." He looked into her face and saw nothing but commitment. "Would you mind telling me why you want do this? I mean, even if you can endure bad treatment, it's not exactly my idea of a merry Christmas." He tilted his head a bit. Maybe they weren't a couple yet?

"Because he asked. Andreas asked if I'd like the spend the Christmas break with him in Germany and as my only plans were to stay as far away as humanly possible from everyone at this school, it seemed like a good alternative." She picked up the plastic cup from the side table and went to fill it with water from the tap.

She stuck her head out of the doorway to the bathroom, "Oh, and by the way, people have a very hard time forcing me to do much of anything."

I hope so... "Hmmm...so, if you don't want to change your plans, would you at least listen to my advice? It might prove useful."

"And what advice might that be?" Tess came back in and sat down on the bed, tapping her foot absently on the wood floor. "All I've heard you do is try to convince me not to go."

"It's stuff that will help you to not get into something that might be over your head after all. And I'm serious!" He frowned. There we go...

"First..." He raised a finger. "Better not talk with my father about your mutation. Johann Schmidt is the name, and he has too much of an interest in mutants for my taste...honestly said, I wouldn't be surprised if he was behind our stolen medical records."

"Second." A second finger joined the first one. "Don't ask about what happened with Andrea. No one! It upsets Andreas, it angers the others, and it's not nice all in all..."

"And finally third." His thumb jumped up. "Never...Never get too close with Werner. He is Andreas' big brother, and he is seriously bad business. Better not be alone with him, it would be best if you talked as little as possible with him."

The looked at her with eyes that were so unlike his naturally friendly and nice personality. "...Seriously."

Tessa held her hands out in an acquiescent gesture. "Now let me give you my three answers to those. One..." She held up a finger mimicking him. "I'll talk to whomever I choose. Two--" She held up another. "I wasn't planning on asking about anyone's dead relatives. I'm well aware of just how upsetting it is to have to spend holidays without someone."

She paused and met his eyes with hers, just as cold and determined. "And Three, I'm not easily frightened off. If this Werner fellow threatens me, he'll find just how quickly I can make his brain leak out his ears. I don't jest about that."

He leaned forward. "...Werner can do that too...But I see already, you don't want to be helped." He got up and walked over to the door. "Let's hope you won't have to suffer under this...or Andreas..."

Tessa joined Alex at the door. "You should know, I have no aversion to being helped. I thank you for the information, but I don't want to stay here over the holidays." She set her hand on the doorknob to open it, but hesitated and looked back at Alex.

"Why do you say I shouldn't tell your father about my mutation?" of the suggestions he'd made, this was the one that had stuck in her craw the most. She remembered having her arm broken because she had been misunderstood as a mutant.

"He might get interested..." He put his hand on top of hers and opened the door.

"Oh, and..." He looked into her face one last time. "He is broken Tessa. Do you really want a broken toy?" Then he left the room without another look back at her.

Tessa was left standing in the doorway without a response, a position she loathed being in. she shook her head and thought to herself that though obviously Alex had issues with being in that family, the apple hadn't fallen very far from the tree.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Oh wow, I like this a lot. Now I can't wait to read more of her at the Von Struckers
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

:shifty
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen