10/16 Instance: Catnipped

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline for the morning of the current game time

Kyle sat at the kitchen table, busy fumbling with something, his tongue sticking out a little as he ties the final knot.

Lorna made a beeline to the cabinets and grabbed a glass and headed to the sink. "Hey Kyle. Working on something there?" Lorna turned to face him, taking a drink.

"Yep," Kyle scratched his nose as he held the catnip mouse up by the long string he tied it to. The thing smelled a bit weird.

Lorna tilted her head at the mouse, a bit confused. "Cute."

Tessa raised an eyebrow at the catnip mouse she saw Kyle holding up. "Do I want to know?" She asked, sitting down and grabbing an orange, proceeding to peel it.

Kyle smiled, "You'll see." He wondered if he should hang it somewhere, or should he just keep dangling it out of reach...

Lorna smirked, having the vision of Kyle putting the mouse out in the yard and chasing all the cats that came to investigate.

Vic yawned lightly, padding down to the kitchen in a pair of slack and scratching his bare chest. Coffee sounded good, right now.

Remy might appreciate coffee too, he figured. Lazy bastard. Vic smirked slightly to himself, hearing voices as he got closer.

"Planning to drive a barn cat crazy with that?" Tessa bit into an orange slice and gestured to the finished mouse dangling from Kyle's hand. Hopefully it wasn't a decoy to lure small fuzzy animals to him unwittingly, she thought.

Kyle bunched the string up and shoved the mouse into his pocket. The smell was still lingering around. "Nu-uh, no barn cat. Big cat."

"Biology class taking a trip to the zoo I didn't know about?" She had an idea what he was talking about, though, so she just smiled and ate the fruit.

Vic still had the slight smirk as he pushed the door open, heading straight to the machine. " 'Lo all." He murmured.

"Morning Vic." Lorna tried not to smirk, having a feeling what kind of big cat game Kyle had in mind now.

Kyle grinned "Hey Vic." He wiped away an itch on his upper lip. He got off his chair and walked over to the fridge, looking for something to eat.

Vic raised a hand to Lorna as he poured a coffee. There wasn't quite enough for another cup. Fuck it. The guy could make his own. "How's ever'one this mornin'?" He turned to the kitchen, frowning slightly. There was a slight smell that was oddly familiar, but he couldn't place it. "Nice day, innit?"

"Yeah, really nice. Just finished up with the morning run. To think, I used to be so against those things." Lorna kept an eye on Vic, half expecting him to start sniffing like crazy any time.

Tessa hid a smirk and nodded her head. "Lovely if you discount the temperature." She ran a hand through her hair and twisted it up, securing it with a pin from her pocket.

Vic shrugged. "Mos' mornin's are pretty damn awesome." He grinned. Especially after a night like last night. He took a sip of his coffee, feeling it improve his mood like no one's business.

Kyle settled with some sliced ham...just as a pre-breakfast snack. He'll get to the problem of an actual breakfast later on. But for now, he just chewed on the ham as he closed the fridge.

Remy padded into the kitchen fluffing one hand though his still damp hair, barefoot and clad in jeans and a t-shirt. "hey everyone." He sniffed, his grin broadening. "Coffee's on?"

"Hey Remy." Lorna nodded. "I was just thinking of starting a pot actually."

Vic sniffed, frowning slightly. There was something in the air....he was distracted by Remy. "Was, mate." HE grinned widely, sliding his eyes over Remy's form. "Think I got th' las'."

There it was again. The hell was it? "Meat this early, Kyle?"

Lorna cast a sidelong glance and smirked at Tessa as she noticed Vic sniffing before she turned to make more coffee.

"Well, no-one's eating it, it's just sitting there in the fridge."

Tessa returned Lorna's smirk and offered a piece of orange to her. She had to bite down on something to keep from laughing at Vic.

"Ah, thank you." Lorna gladly took the piece but decided against taking a bit for now.

"Maudit." He stole a sip from Vic's cup, and then went to make a pot of his own. "So what's everyone up t' today?

Kyle put his one hand in his pants pocket, walked around the kitchen counter, and just dropped the mouse on the floor out of Vic's line of sight. He went on and unraveled the string as he walked back to his seat at the kitchen table.

"Just lounging for now. You doing anything exciting?" Lorna turned back to the cabinet behind her and got some cups down for coffee.

Vic poked his tongue out at Remy. "Well I-" Damn. It was stronger now. He looked behind him on the counter. "....Um."

He smirked over his shoulder at Vic, before meeting Lorna's eye. "Well, not now. Need my coffee though."

Tessa snickered and quickly got up, poking through the freezer till she found the caramel on a stick she'd put in earlier. Sugar Daddy! She turned around and whacked it onto the counter to break it in half.

Kyle grinned. He held the string low, under the table, and lightly pulled a little on it to be sure on it's weight.

Lorna jumped a bit at the sugar daddy abuse. "A bit hard to chew?"

Vic blinked, looking down at his coffee and then back up at Remy. "Well, that c'n be changed." He smirked, then grinned again.

Tessa shut the freezer door after putting the non-stick half back in. "Better to suck and lick on." She was a little proud of herself for saying that with a straight face, and went to sit back down.

Vic snorted a laugh at what Tess said. "All good practice, really."

Lorna huffed a little laugh and put her straight face back on. "Know how to treat your sugar daddy then."

"I've still got t' get a hundred things done t'day." he teased back. "We'll see once I got my work done."

Vic finished his coffee, boosting himself up to sit on the side and swinging his legs a little. "Aw, y' can' slot me in there somewhere?" He grinned at his own pun, resisting the urge to laugh.

Tessa snorted at that, and went back to licking at the caramel lollipop. Se leaned over to Lorna. "Why are they called Sugar Daddies?"

Kyle gave a yawn, putting his one hand in front of his mouth. He frowned a little when he realised some of the catnip smell got stuck on his palm.

"Because old men who own candy companies are perverted."

He snorted and poured his own cup of coffee. "Y' ever wear out?" He nodded at Lorna. "I'll agree wit' dat."

Vic could still smell something weird. What the hell was it? And where was it coming from? He started looking behind things on the counter beside him

Tess shrugged. "Works for me. The stuff they make tastes good, perverted or not." She broke off a piece and stuck it in her mouth, twirling the swick between her fingers.

"Err, Vic, what are you looking for?" Kyle asked. He bit his lip trying not to smile too hard.

"Hmm?" Vic frowned up at Kyle, then found his eyes caught by the twirling stick. "Nothin'....jus' can smell summat...." It was almost hypnotic. He shook his head, but his eyes still went back to it.

Lorna sniffed the air in feigned innocence. "Well, must be a faint something if you're the only one picking it up."

That got his attention, and he frowned. "Y' feelin' alright? Y' look a bit spacey."

Vic's eyes flicked to Remy then back to the stick. "I'm fine, homie." He shook his head, trying to pull his thoughts together. He didfeel fine. "Great, in fac'."

His tail ticked against the side he was sitting on as he watched the stick.

Kyle was trying real hard not to laugh, but the blissful look on Vic's face looked too funny.

"Alright..." He turned around to rummage through the cupboards, trying to find something to eat.

Why did he have this urge to pounce on the stick? And what the hell was that smell? Vic bit his lip, torn between Tess moving the stick and exploring the smell.

Okay, sort of feeling guilty. This shouldn't be funny, using his power to mess with him. Lorna was still smirking though.

Tessa giggled as she noticed Vic watching her hands. "Having fun there, gata?" She switched the stick to her other hand and watched to see if he'd follow it. It was getting harder not to laugh at the look on his face.

Vic's eyes followed the stick. "Th' hell is 'gata'?" He cocked his head slightly, grinning at Tess' giggle. "Watcha laughin' at?"

"You." She was turning pink. "And it means cat." She moved the stick bacck and forth between her hands, laughing as Vic watched it.

"Why? I'm not bein' funny. Am I?" Back and forth. Back and forth. Vic's tail was ticking in time now, just the end twitching. "Cat? Well, meow, I guess."

He finally settled on a bowl of cereal and poured it, getting the milk out of the fridge. "He's more man dan cat though. Trust me on dat one." He chuckled.

Lorna chuckled Remy's comment and the tail ticking back and forth. "You've been getting some proof, Remy?"

"Looks more cat then man now," Kyle said under his breath.

"Well y' know me. Never one t' let a puzzle alone." He shoved his mouth full of cereal, and lifted his brow again at Vic's intent look. "Y're sure y're ok?"

"Heh, you're a man on a mission, Remy."

Vic licked his lips at Remy, eyes still on the stick. "Can anyone else smell tha'? Kyle, y' got smell, righ'?" Back and bloody forth, and if she didn't stop it he was going to catch it. "What? Yeah man. I'm awesome."

Vic's constant watching of her sugar Daddy was getting eery. "Easy, tigri. Don't pounce on my candy." Tessa didn't stop sliding the little white stick between her fingers, though. Still entertaining.

"Smell what? Is it somethin' bad?" He sniffed again. "Jus' coffee an' shampoo for me."

"An' sex." Vic added almost absently. "Y' still smell o' tha' too."

Kyle took a sniff into the air. "Yeah, that's what I can smell too...and the sweet."

Vic blinked, almost disappointed when the stick stopped moving. "No weird smell?" He looked at Kyle with wide eyes. "Jus' wanna know where the hell it's comin' from." He started looking behind everything again, even going so far as to jump off the counter and look through the cupboards.

"Is it a bad smell?" Lorna stepped away from the counter to make way for Vic's search.

"Or a good smell?" kyle added

"Good. It's a good smell. Can't bloody fin' it though."

Tessa looked at Remy and tried not to laugh too hard. She decided to just go back to her candy, giving it a lick and spinning it again.

He moved over for Vic. "Maybe one of d' girls has a new perfume?"

"No, they still have the same." Kyle accidentally said.

"Nope. Perfume makes me sneeze." Vic straightened with an irritated huff, closing the cupboard.

He gave Kyle a look. "So y' can smell dat...but y' can't smell dis new scent?"

"Huh, I'll have to remember to not wear it around you then."

"Rogue put a new kind of soap in our shower, maybe that's it?" Tessa queried.

"Uh..uhm no. I can't." Kyle answered Remy.

Gotta be here somewhere. Gotta. "Nope. Already smelt tha' on Rogue." It was stronger the closer he got to the floor, he realised. Maybe someone had got something caught on a shoe?

"Well I'm glad you can tolerate it. I don't like watermelon." Tess set her heels on thr bottom run of the chair when Vic crouched to the floor.

Vic looked intently around the cupboards, getting distracted by Tess again. He peeked above the table top. "It don' smell bad. But then I weren't really concentratin' on how she smelt at th' time."

Lorna found that she was having a rather hard time keeping a straight face. She remembered she had that orange slice still and used it to hide her face a bit.

Remy just chuckled at Vic's comment and kept eating.

Vic suddenly caught a whiff as someone moved their leg and dropped to the floor with a light 'meep', tail curling up as he realised the direction the smell was coming from. Nearly found it!!

"Ummm. Vic?" He looked at Lorna who was wearing the orange like a happy face. "Should we be worried?"

"I dunno. Worried 'bout what?" He grinned up at Remy from the floor. "Now ssssh. I've nearly found it."

Lorna craftily tried to point out the mouse to Remy with her orange slice without alerting Vic.

With a huge grin on his face, Kyle leaned to the side to get a better view of Vic on the floor. He realised he was actually pretty close to the catnip mouse.

He followed the line of her finger, and frowned for a second, trying to make sense of it. He finally clued into what the small object was, and shook his head with a small smile back. Dieu, this school loved a prank.

Vic tracked the smell to somewhere near Kyle. He couldn't help the kittenish grin, even as the smell got more and more familiar. Where'd he smelt it before? And what the hell was that?

Lorna let her orange slice drop and mouthed 'Do you think he'll be mad' to Remy.

He shook his head. "Non." He mouthed back. Vic was a good guy. This was in fun. He'd get it.

There was a mouse. A toy mouse, there on the floor. And Vic felt the very strong urge to bat it. "The hell?"

"Hmm?" Lorna popped the orange in her mouth to mask wanting to laugh.

Kyle quickly pulled the string, the mouse zipped past Vic, and ending in Kyle's hands.

Vic automatically went for the mouse, claws extended and missing it by millimeters. That was where the smell was coming from!! It suddenly all clicked, and Vic started to giggle. "You bastards!!"

He chuckled at Vic's expression, and set his bowl in the dishwasher. "Dey got y' good."

Kyle laughed hard, wiping a tear away.

"Oh that was beautiful!" Lorna finally let herself giggle and was much relieved for that.

Vic launched himself at Kyle. "Gimme!!" He laughed.

Kyle threw the mouse and string at Lorna before Vic made contact. Both of them ended up on the floor.

Tessa smiled and wanted to snicker at the mouse and Vic's hunting it, so she went back to twirling the stick, holding her tongue out to lick the caramel.

Vic licked Kyle with a grin and then padded on all fours to Lorna. "Pleeeeease?" He purred, nuzzling her leg much like a kitten. He'd so regret this later, but right now, he didn't care.

"Y' might get iced dat way, mon ami."

Kyle stopped laughing to add the word "Ow," only to continue with the laughter. He was still lying on the floor, and the back of the chair he was sitting on was now pushing into his back, but he didn't care, this was too funny.

"Hmm?" Vic purred at Remy. "Naaaah. Bobby'll know. An' you'll protect me, righ'?"

Lorna composed her laughter enough to dangle the mouse temptingly. "I'm sure he'd understand. I have something you need."

Vic fixed hs eyes on the mouse. "Y' bastard, Kyle. Y're all wankers." He giggled, batting at the mouse and laughing in delight as it swung.

Lorna dissolved into laughter again and gave the mouse a toss to Remy.

Tessa snickered at Lorna and scooted her chair to the far end of the table. She'd mostly finished with the candy now, more of the stick was showing. She spun it absently, giving in to her tactile fixation.

Vic followed the mouse's flight, shuffling over to Remy and purring as he hugged a leg. "This is embarressin'..." He murmured as he nuzzled him. "Please?"

"Give it to him, he deserves it," Kyle, who was still lying on the floor, said between giggles.

Remy chuckled and bent down to give him a light kiss, pressing the mouse in his hand. "Its all y'rs. Knock y'reself out. I've gotta get my work done. Come an' see me when y're done."

Vic kissed Remy back, before nuzzling the mouse. "Okay Rem. Y' go have fun. I'll come an' thank y' fer givin' me the mouse later."

He tweaked one of Kyle's ears as he went past on his way out. "Y're incorrigable."

Tessa smiled at the cuteness of Vic with a catnip mouse and pulled out Cessily's spare camera, snapping a picture of Vic nuzzling it.

Vic's head turned suddenly at the flash, and he mustered enough braincells out of the catnip fog to groan. "Y' better not put tha' on Myspace."

Tessa grinned widely. "What happens at university, stays on MySpace." She put the camera back in her pocket and tapped the blunt end of the paper stick on the table in some unidentifiable rhythm.

Vic kept the mouse in one hand, eyes watching the stick. With a grin, he leapt at Tess. "Gimme."

Tess moved the hand with the candy in it to over her left shoulder. "My candy." She coted her chair back, making it squeal against the floor tiles.

Vic pouted. "Oh, okay. Jus' wan' the stick."

When Kyle finally got to breathing normally he rolled over and got up, picking up the chair and pushing it in at the table. He wiped his eyes with his palms.

Tess contemplated for a second. Sure, why not. She put the candy-coated end of the stick in her mouth and let the other stick out towards Vic. She smiled around the caramel.

Now he was real hungry. Kyle walked around to the fridge, half stepping over Vic.

Vic batted the stick and then lost interest in it now that it stopped moving. "I'm gonna regret this tomorrow, ain' I?" He half-purred, huzzling his mouse as he watched Kyle. "An' I'm gonna get yeh fer this."

Tess mouthed the candy, moving it side to side with her tongue, making the stick move in accordance. She nodded slowly at Vic, looking like the cat that got the cream....or the mouse.

"Uh-huh, okay, Vic...er, you want some eggs? I'm gonna make me some eggs and bacon." he said while tapping with a claw against the fridge door.

Vic watched the stick again....nah. Not fast enough. He was bored. He looked down at the toy in his hand, then up at Kyle, then at the tapping claw. "Nah, cheers. I'm fine."

Tessa reached out and patted the top of Vic's head with a chuckle. "You remind me of my cat."

Vic purred and pushed up against Tess' hand. Okay, this was too much. Regretfully he handed her the catnip mouse. "Get that damned thing away from me."

"Okay..." Kyle went on and took out what he needed and broke a couple eggs into a pan, skipping the bacon. He was too hungry to go looking for that.

Tess took the mouse, but not before snapping another quick shot of Vic rubbing up against her palm. She laughed and shook her head.

While he waited for the eggs to cook, Kyle turned back to Vic, a smile crept back on his face. "I doubt if you can get me back. Er, Catnip doesn't actually work the same on me."

"Won' use catnip." Vic purred. Actually, he needed to get away from that smell before he could work anything out.

[Edited on 16/10/2007 by steyn]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:*D :LMAO :love
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

funny how slarti's factorizer said
"Curiosity killed the cat. But for a while, Slarti was the suspect."
right at this instance with the big kitty.

this game was real fun
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:LOL

I just got in trouble for being no the site. my mom could tell from my snickering :shifty