10/16 Instance: Shop Talk

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

instance sometime after catnipped

Sean: Sean was rolled under his '74 Comet giving it a little tune up and installing the new Cherry Bomb muffler he just picked up. Hmmm...maybe I should look into a new paintjob next Sean thought to himself as he looked at the cerulean paint of his "Celtic War Machine" beginning to fade. He rolled out from under the car to grab a soda from his bag.

Vic: Vic strolled into the garage, absently running a hand over the tarp that covered his bike. "Not t'day, babes." He muttered, moving into the other part of his own space and smiling at the red Corvette. He wanted to check her over.

Vic: Plus he wanted to look over the car parked on the other side of her. Not often you saw a Comet that nice.

Sean: Sean heard Vic's not so stealthy footfalls and turned and gave him a wave, "Aye there big guy...lemme guess that beauty over there is yers," Sean said motioning to the corvette. "If we're going to be manly men with our cars we need to complete the scenario," Sean said as he decided against the soda and grabbed two brews, "Want?"

Vic: Vic smirked. The Irish dude? "Thanks." He took one of the cans, pulling out a packet of cigars and offering one to him. "Want?" He grinned, leaning against the 'Vette. "Yup. She's mine. An' I'm guessin' this babe's y' pride an' joy, eh?"

Sean: Sean graciously accepted one of the cigars, "Don't mind if I do...and aye this is the Celtic War Machine...I've built her from the ground up...which of course means I've added many...not so standard features," Sean said as he opened a hatch on the back showing three huge NOS tanks. "She'll run faster than a jew in a Third Reich Convention," Sean said with a chuckle.

Sean: "Yer car don't look so bad herself...watcha got under the hood?"

Vic: Vic smirked at the tanks. "Wit'ou' blowin' the engine? Musta taken some engineerin'." He lit his cigar and put it in his mouth, popping the bonnet and lifting it. "Jus' a solid lump righ' now. Ain' had time t' do anythin' ta it an' not sure I wan' to. Like th' way she runs already, an' my bike's already pretty damn speciallised."

Sean: Sean glaced over Vic's shoulder at the bike, "Aye I'm sure it is," Sean popped the hood of his car and smiled, "That right there is a 78 Camaro engine I won off a bloke in Cork Stupid git." "Besides that I filed down and exhaust and rerouted the intake to give her a nice jumpstart at the green...and that's just the mechanics mate."

Vic: "Oh nice." Vic nodded, blowing a smoke ring. "Musta cost yeh a pretty penny, mate." He took a closer look. "Y' done th' pistons an' all too? I'm guessin' ya don' jus' use her t' run ya down ta th' shops fer bread." He smirked at Sean, leaning back on the 'Vette.

Sean: "Cost me a pretty what...ye wish...back in Ireland I raced for pink slips...and sold the cars back to the losers...used that money to make her the zenith of performce ye see before ye." "And that specimen right there dun look like it's fer church runs either lad." Sean took a long drag off the cigar Not bad

Sean: "So did ye buy yers new or are ye a regular greasemonkey like me?" Sean said looking over his grease stained coveralls and mopping his brow with an Irish Flag Bandana.

Vic: Vic let a slow smile cross his face. "Church an' me wouldn' get along. I ain' had a real chance t' run her ou' yet, got given her fer my birthday. So y' race, eh?" He noted the Irish flag, and that reminded him of something. "I'm a bit of a greaser, gotta admit. It's fun t' get yer hands in an engine sometimes."

Sean: "That it is mate...nothing more satisfyin than knowin ye burned some poor chump off the strip because of the hard work ye put into the car...but I'm tiring of the color...I'm thinking on going with a Green, white and gold Celtic Motif...maybe some celtic cross spinners." Hell yea Imma pimp my ride lad

Vic: "Th' Irish flag?" Vic took a gulp of beer. "Interestin'." He raised an eyebrow. "So y're a bit of an Irish national, eh?"

Sean: "Ye could say I have a healthy sense of pride for me home country...I'm not IRA or nothin...despite the name of me band...speakin of me band...I'd assume ye are a musician?"

Vic: Vic's hand that held the can twitched at the mention of the IRA. "Yeah, I'd heard abou' th' name. Coul' give a dangerous impression wit' tha' sorta name." He said calmly. "Yeah. I am."

Sean: "Aye...but I can assure ye mate I don't begrude people based on race...English or otherwise...then I might have an intersting proposition for ye after me concert." Sean finished his beer and looked over at Vic, "Another?"

Vic: Vic downed the rest of his beer, grinning. "Why not." He took the offered can, taking a drag of his cigar. "Good t' know. I'm proud'v bein' an Englishman m'sel'." He winked. "Yeah? What proposition is this? Mus' warn yeh I ain' a marryin' man." He gave Sean a once-over and then grinned to show he was joking.

Sean: Sean got the joke and shrugged it off, "Well the record label over here in the states loves the music...loves the concept...loves me lyrics...they just hate the scraps the other bandmates keep gettin into so I'm probly sacking them after the concert...and I've already lined up a bassist...just need a backup guitar and a drummer."

Sean: "Interested?" Sean said as he took a gulp of his second beer This American beer is shite....note to self Buy Guinness

Vic: "Backup guitar?" Vic frowned. "Can do tha'....but I ain' sure y' wan' someone like me in yer ban', mate."

Sean: "And why is that...think yer too heavy for the band...take a listen," Sean turned on his car and hooked in his MP3 Player...the speakers exploded with heavy guitar riffs mixed with haunting violin chords pouding drums...one would almost think it was a war song.

Vic: Vic raised an eyebrow. "Soun's good. One, I ain' too heavy fer ya ban', but my habits are, two, I'm a pretty damn obvious mutan' an' that'll hurt y' record sales bad here, an' three - I don' like the name."

Vic: "Rifles of the IRA? Y' do know what the IRA did t' Lon'on an' Englan', righ'?"

Sean: "Aye that I do...but with a new band could possibly be complete makeover...and bein an obvious mutant is nary a problem...it's all a matter of angles mate...ye saw that movie "Queen of the Damned" right?"

Vic: "Yeah. What sef-respectin' goth goin' under th' circuit name 'Vampire' ain't?" Vic waved a hand. "D'ya wan' yer fans knowin' that y' guitaris' goes out in th' nights ta BDSM clubs? 'Cause I ain' changin' my habits. An' I ain' playin' under tha' name, no matter how good ya are."

Sean: "This isn't a Despotism mate...everyone's opinions are taken into account...and the BDSM thing ain't a problem...I can't count the numbera times I had to bail Conner outta the brig cuz he took home some 16 y/o fan" Sean shuddered slightly, "Besides...I find fan's dig ye more...the more honest bout yerself ye are...and the as I said...new band...a new name could be discussed." Sean gave Vic a slick smirk, "Don't be gettin all tense now...I got the cure," Sean said as he pulled a very fat J from his coat.))

Vic: Vic eyed up the joint. "Not enough t' work on me." He sighed regretfully. "Well....yeah. Soun's int'restin', in tha' case. I'll think abou' it. Now, y' gonna light tha' or y' jus' gonna look at it?"

Sean: Sean smirked as he blazed up the J....and then blazed up another and handed it to Vic, "If ye ever need...ye know where me room is mate." Sean took a long pull off the joint as he closed the hood of his car. "Well I've had enough of this shite these yanks call beer...I'm goin on a Guinness run...Enjoy that mate...and here's another for later," Sean said as he placed another J on the hood of the corvette, "So I'll see ye around....and despite yer objections to the nomenclature of me band...ye should check out the show...I promise ye there's no anti-English lyrics."

Sean: Sean hopped into his car roared the engine and headed out for his beer run. Nice..this new muffler works better than I thought

Vic: Vic watched the boy go with a raised eyebrow, dragging on the joint and settling back against his car. Interesting.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Ha! Vic in a band. Always thought him as the "loner" type.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

part of me was waiting for Sean to ask Vic about Rogue. then have Vic say something about the stripping incident... :shifty
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone