10/17 Instance: Apology Accepted: Drinking Buddies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/17 Instance: Apology Accepted: Drinking Buddies

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Andreas> Andreas was drunk. He knew it, there were all of the signs that indicated he was and which he was used to. However, he still wasn't drunk enough for his liking. He was way beyond the state to get hammered to forget, his aim was to change his position from the vertical to the horizontal for a prolonged period of time.

<Tessa> Tessa wanted to be drunk. Very, very drunk. She'd taken a cab to the city and really hadn't cared when the driver had stopped, paying him the fee and noting the number for when she wanted to go back. Her immediate plan for the evening was to get drunk, flirt, and hopefully not think about the events of the past few days.

<Andreas> The bar was loud, smoky, and overcrowded with very sweaty people...it was perfect! You can't get drunk all on your own in your room, that means you've got a problem...Oh ja, my glass is empty...

<Andreas> "Gib...give me another one." He pointed at the barkeeper(s ) in front of him, and he (they) did as told.

<Tessa> Tessa slid onto a barstool between two overly warm bodies. Only one left, though, and her priority at the moment was turning off her brain, not that it would work. The buzz from the half-bottle of incredibly nasty beer she'd drunk at the school was wearing off, and the noise level was rising uncomfortably. She ordered something at random from the nearest barkeep.

<Andreas> You've got to eat stuff, that way you can drink more... Andreas let his eyes wander and found a bowl of pretzels, which he rightfully claimed in the name of his hangover-to-be.

<Tessa> Ugh... Tessa grimaced at the acrid taste of the drink slid in front of her. She'd have preferred something that might have left her most of her stomach lining, but she finished it anyway and looked for something to clear the taste of far too much citric acid from her mouth, spying a bowl of pretzels moving along the bar.

<Tessa> She followed the pale fingers up to an arm, and would have looked farther had the rest of their body not been blocked by that of the other patrons.

<Andreas> He just started to shovel the pretzels into his mouth, disregarding any manners he had ever learned. Well...until it was empty.

<Andreas> "Barkeep! Moar Brezeln!" That only resulted in a weird look from the barkeeper, though. So he gathered his thoughts a bit to switch them into English.

<Andreas> "Pretzels?" He also held the empty bowl in front of himself, and this time it got filled up again.

<Tessa> She cocked her head to the sound of someone speaking slurred German. There were only three people she knew of that would be speaking German in a bar, and she didn't see anyone blue or silver in the vicinity. Damnit. She sighed and leaned forward across the polished bar, the neckline of her top sliding precariously low.

<Andreas> Maybe you could just dunk pretzels into the beer to create a new snack? He tried it and did actually like the taste. Gotta patentate that...

<Tessa> Tess had a little rush of almost-sympathy for Andreas, if he was as drunk as he looked. She also envied him for having the ability to not think for a few hours.

<Tessa> But... She sighed as she thought of it and got up to move over to him. He'll drink himself flat and end up being walked on. She really turned away from the thought of what else might be done.

<Andreas> "You!...You know what is the end of us?" He pointed at the barkeeper again, who just kept on drying up glasses. He was used to talkative drunks.

<Andreas> Andreas however wasn't stopped by the lack of a response. "Women!...Women who want more than sex! They always want to talk, what your feelings are, how often you peed your bed when you were little...Women are a reason to be gay..." He took another sip of beer out of his glass.

<Tessa> Tessa rolled her eyes and nearly sighed when she heard enough of Andy's rant to figure out what was setting him off. She tapped him on the shoulder, standing a foot behind him to avoid any flailing extremities. "You're going to embarrass yourself if you keep talking like that."

<Andreas> He turned his head an looked on a nice set of boobs. Good. Then he rose his eyes to see who they'd belong to. Tessa...Bad...

<Andreas> "Y-...uch..." He nearly talked to her before he remembered that he didn't want to. So instead of actually formulating a sentence, his mouth just stood open, gaping at her.

<Tessa> She took a deep breath and cleared her throat before she spoke. "You're angry at me for getting too personal. I get that. But you didn't have to throw it back in my face and assume I was lying to get on your good side." The anger came back full force when she thought back on what he'd said to her in the kitchen. "You owe me an apology."

<Andreas> He pointed at her and then closed his mouth. Afterwards he took one look at the pretzels and started to talk with them: "You know what? There is that one girl, and she is all annoying...ja, wirklich! And guess what? She even wants an apology now...ja!...No, I don't think I can tell her to shove it there...."

<Tessa> Tess clenched her teeth and without really thinking of doing it grabbed his chin and swiveled it to look him flat in the eyes. "I said you owe me an apology. It wasn't a request."

<Andreas> Pride and temper had a short fight in his head, but the latter won with a sucker punch called 'alcohol'. So he just pushed her hand away from his face and got up to, however swaying, stand right in front of her.

<Andreas> "Make me apologize then, cuz you ain't getting it otherwise..."

<Tessa> With a stiff posture, Tessa grabbed his neck, pressing her thumb joint into his Adam's Apple. "I said apologize, damnit." She squeezed just hard enough to cut off easy airflow, but keep him breathing. She didn't want to hurt him irreparably, but a bruise wouldn't affect him that much.

<Andreas> "Nuuuuu..." Damn that girl and her unnaturally strong hands! He tried to struggle out of her grasp.

<Tessa> "Say it!" She squeezed harder, until she heard the 'ukp' sound of his trying to swallow. She ignored the stares from other patrons, as she really at this point didn't care about what they thought of the situation.

<Andreas> Through the foggy slurs of his alcohol-drenched mind he realized that he would die here and now. At least he could go out the good way. So he grabbed her boobs with both hands. I give y soul into your hands, Gott...

<Tessa> She slapped his hands away from her the same way he'd done, and without a second thought backhanded him, catching him across the cheek. "That's not an apology." The flash of anger had ebbed to a dull throb, making her begin to regret squeezing his throat. She ignored it.

<Andreas> He held his burning cheek with one hand. Well, at least he could breathe normally again. Then he gave her his snotty face, slightly distorted because of the alcohol.

<Andreas> "I don't owe you one...but we could drink for it, if you want...." With that much training I'll just drink her into the ground!

<Tessa> "Ohh, I think you want to rethink that first bit. But I'll drink for it, if the loser pays." She perched on one of two adjacent barstools and kicked her foot up on the rungs of the other. "Sit."

<Andreas> While he hesitantly sat down, he couldn't help but mention: "I'm sitting down, but if you think I'm starting to beg or to act dead if you tell me, you're on the wrong side of right, Fräulein!"

<Andreas> "What do we use?" I'll beat you with anything, but at least you got a choice how.

<Tessa> Tessa cast a sidelong glance at the bottles and curled her lip. "Ouzo." She gave him a devious smile, idly wondering if the strong licorice taste would sit with him or not. Not that she cared.

<Andreas> "Gonna beat you on your home turf...cool..." He rose a hand and gestured the barkeeper to get them a bottle and two glasses.

<Tessa> She accepted the glass and poured the clear liquid into both. Taking hers in her fingertips she nodded her head and muttered a Greek politeness before downing the drink in one swallow.

<Andreas> "Nett..." He took his glass and downed it in one go too. Yep, it was as strong and bitter as he remembered.

<Tessa> Tessa raised an eyebrow at Andreas, assuming by the lack of retching that he'd drunk ouzo before. All the better, she wouldn't trounce him by default. She pushed the bottle to him to pour and waited.

<Andreas> He poured another pair of two, then took his glass and downed it in one go once more.

<Andreas> Ugh....that one went right to the brain....

<Tessa> She drained the glass again and sighed. When would this get interesting again? She filled only hers and drank again, smirking at him. No challenge.

<Andreas> Okay, one more glass...no problem. The liquid left its bottle once again and went into his glass. Then he took it and held it in his hand in front of his face. Nooooo problem... Again he emptied the glass at once.

<Tessa> Tessa smiled and recapped the bottle, putting money to cover both it and the drink earlier under the bottom of her glass and nodding at the barkeep. She debated leaving Andreas there in the bar, and her conscience got the better of her.

<Tessa> She sighed and shrugged her coat higher up on her shoulders, tilting Andy's head back into her palm and tapping his cheek to wake him up. She hoped he hadn't passed out on her...she'd have to call Vic or someone to help her get him back to the school.

<Andreas> "Mmmm..." He looked up at her. "Mwheim?..."

<Tessa> Tessa looked down at his sleepy face and nearly smiled. "Not home. You're in a bar in New York City and you need to get up, so we can get back to the school." She slid her hand around his shoulders and made sure he didn't fall over on the way to the door, grabbing the bottle of alcohol and sticking it in the pocket of her coat as she turned away.

<Andreas> "Mmmm'kay..." He heavily leaned on her, somehow it wasn't that much of a problem. And it beat having to wake up in a cell at the local police quarters on the next day. "...Tessa?..."

<Tessa> "Hmmm?" She turned her head to look at him, pulling his arm over her own shoulder to prevent him falling the wrong way as she hailed a cab.

<Andreas> "...Ah'm sowwy..." This was followed by him smooching her cheek. Then he went all silent and slunked off a bit.

<Tessa> She was surprised both by the soft apology and the light kiss on her cheek, and stopped short on the sidewalk. She shifted around again and tapped his cheek once more. "You have to wake up again and tell me where your car is."

<Andreas> "...mmm, my car..." He shoved his hand into his pocket and got his keys out. Then he walked over to his Porsche, which only stood around the corner. After he managed to open the door on the driver's side he climbed behind the steering wheel.

<Tessa> Tessa watched as he climbed in the driver's side and chuckled dryly. "Oh no. You are not driving the way you are." She bent down to his eye level and shook her head, pointing past him to the passenger's seat.

<Andreas> The thought of someone else driving his beloved car actually sobered him up a bit. "NO! MY car!"

<Tessa> She sighed, thinking it couldn't have been easy for once. "You're drunk beyond measure and I'd like to get back to the university in one piece. Scoot over." She leaned in and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "I'll take care of your baby. I promise."

<Andreas> "Baby?" For a second there he wondered whether he had suffered under short-time amnesia and him and Tessa were married with children...but that couldn't be, right?...He just was so...so tired.......Oh, and he was in his car! Maybe he could sleep in his car and try to think as soon as he woke up?

<Andreas> Having totally forgotten that Tessa was still there, he just crawled into the back of the car, leaving the plugged-in keys behind.

<Tessa> Tess watched him slide into the back and sat down, turning the ignition quietly. She checked that there was no one behind her and drove off for the school, retracing the way the cab she'd taken had come.