10/21 instance: Promises

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/21 instance: Promises

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

Lorna: "Oof!" Lorna tried to catch herself but was too late as she landed flat on the mat, giggling despite herself. "Oh that was clever! You'll have to remember that move."

Lorna: Lorna sat up and dusted herself off. "I suppose that's one good thing about this place being taped. We can watch ourselves practicing." Lorna waved an arm over the danger room which was a stark practice room at the moment.

Bobby: Bobby snorted. "That's the only good thing about it being taped." He pulled her to her feet, glancing up at the currently visible camera. Before letting her go, he planted a quick kiss on her nose.

Bobby: "Can't practice any of my other moves with these cameras on." He winked, grinning mischievously.

Lorna: "Only unless you intend to steal tapes." Lorna's smirk matched the mischief in Bobby's grin.

Lorna: "And anyway, if you're still feeling energetic enough for that then I'm obviously not working you hard enough."

Bobby: "The day I don't have enough energy for that, they'll be nailing my coffin shut," he laughed, then considered the camera again. "Y'know, we wouldn't even really have to steal the tapes. I mean, that's what everybody does... or just erase them." He coughed, looking around shiftily.

Bobby: "But really, either one of us could take care of those little electronic spies."

Lorna: Lorna's head tilted to the side as she considered it, eyeing the camera as well. "Heh, that we could."

Lorna: "It would even be considered practice. You never know when we'll have to destroy footage." Lorna failed at making this practice sound like a good idea. "We really don't practice enough on new ways to use what we have."

Bobby: "No, I guess we don't. I mean, I do work on my powers, but mostly just control and stuff." Bobby considered a few ways he could disable the camera without outright destroying it and narrowed his eyes for a moment.

Bobby: Each security camera was quickly encased in an opaque shell of ice. "Look, ma, non-lethal even."

Lorna: Lorna couldn't help but laugh. "Very good...don't call me ma though. It's creepy."

Lorna: "You didn't leave me with any to play with though." Lorna calmed her laughing down enough to fake pout.

Bobby: He joined her laughter, nodding agreement on the 'ma,' then laughed harder at the pout. "Aww, well, I'm sure you can find something else to play with." He formed a small snowball and lobbed it at her, already backing off a few steps for her retaliation.

Lorna: "Yeah, I'm sure I-Gah!" Lorna wiped the snow off of her face. "Oh you're going to get it!"

Lorna: Lorna looked down at Bobby's feet, remembering the experiment she had worked on with Vic and deciding it was time she tried it again. Lorna couldn't help but smirk as she cancelled out some of the gravity around Bobby.

Bobby: "Whoa!" The hair on the back of his neck lifted along with the rest of him and he found himself a few feet in the air. "Holy shit, Lorna!"

Bobby: Bobby quickly found none of the usual ways of catching balance worked when you had no way to balance. He formed a short pillar of ice to at least give himself something to pretend to stand on.

Bobby: "Is it weird that I never really think about our powers too much anymore outside of training? I almost forget sometimes what you can do." He slipped off his own little perch when the gravity shifted again, finding himself looking at her upside down.

Lorna: "I'm sorry, too much?" Lorna walked over to him and smirked as he hung upside down.

Lorna: "Yeah, it really is surprising how incredibly average we can be when you stop and think about it isn't it?"

Lorna: Lorna innocently held out her hand. "Need help down?"

Bobby: "Not too much, just impressive... " He smirked, figuring out how to shift himself upright and taking the offered hand. "Thanks," he started, then nearly splatted himself on the mat when she restored the gravity.

Bobby: Bobby straightened up and blew his hair out of his eyes. There was that invisible dignity of his again. "Heh. I liked it. Kinda makes you tingle all over."

Bobby: "But then, so does this." His grin turned wicked as he shifted to ice, giving her a good dose as well.

Lorna: "Gah, I'm sorry! I'm..not really all that good at using it on other people yet." Lorna winced after she finished apologizing for letting Bobby go splat. "Just as long as you like it t-" Lorna's speech froze up as she froze up as well.

Lorna: "Damn that's cold!"

Bobby: "Technically, it's about a hundred degrees below zero." Bobby grinned, the ice making up his face cracking and reforming as he spoke. He backed off from her a little, remembering Bruce.

Bobby: "Does the cold do anything to change your electromagnetic field thingers?" He'd vaguely remembered McCoy talking about superconductors and other extremely boring things in class.

Lorna: "It seems like they should." Lorna's voice trailed off as she was remembering similar boring talks from McCoy's classes.

Lorna: "I've got to start taking notes or something."

Lorna: Lorna shook her head a bit. "We could always play around with it though."

Bobby: "Yeah, me too. Or better notes anyway. I try... but, after a while...the boring..." He shrugged, still crackling. "Yeah, we could! It'd even be productive. Almost homeworklike."

Lorna: "Almost, more fun though." Lorna crossed her arms while she thought. "I'm not sure how to actually go about it though."

Bobby: "Well... I dunno. We know you can move the ice I make with your power. Can you move me? Or I could superchill the room and see how that effects your power?"

Lorna: "I guess I should be able to move you." Lorna nodded and concentrated. Although similar, moving your iced-up boyfriend was much different that moving the ice discs he made the last time they practiced this.

Bobby: Bobby threw his arms out to balance himself as he slid a little across the floor. "Oooh, that's weird! And way, er, tingley-er." If he had his real hair right now, he was sure it would all be on end.

Lorna: Lorna stopped as Bobby was flailing. "Weird bad or good?"

Bobby: Bobby raised an eyebrow. "Both?" He stopped and really considered. "I, um, can almost somehow feel you, er, manipulating all the water molecules in me. Like I said. Weird."

Lorna: Lorna made a face when she tried to imagine how that would feel. "Maybe we shouldn't try that again for a while..."

Lorna: "I guess we know I can do it though."

Bobby: "Yup! And as GI Joe always says, 'knowing is half the battle.'" Bobby grinned. "Well, we know your powers work at this ambient temperature." He dropped the temperature in the room to around freezing. "That's not too bad?"

Lorna: "This is just your sneaky way to see nippage isn't it?" Lorna grinned as she accused him, trying her new parlor trick again.

Bobby: "Me?" Bobby whistled innocently. "Noooo. Besides, can't see anything fun though the amazing bulletproof uniform." He grinned and admired her curves as he again found himself sliding. "Though, the uniform has its own charm."

Bobby: Bobby lowered the temperature further, cocked his head as he kept sliding, and lowered it more. "Doing okay?"

Lorna: "Bit harder to concentrate." Lorna started to shiver a bit. "You?"

Bobby: "I'm cool, Starshine, but if it's too cold for you...?" He was still sliding, and still had that distinct prickle, so he kept lowering the temperature.

Lorna: "Yeah, getting a bit." Lorna hadn't realized how cold it really was until she stopped pushing Bobby around. "Wow." Lorna shook her head, feeling lightheaded from the cold and the strange power use. Lorna stepped forward but found herself going more forward than she had intended and was a bit surprised when her cheek was against the ground.

Bobby: "Lorna!" Bobby nearly lost his balance when the sliding stopped, then felt colder than just his temperature when she hit the ground.

Bobby: He shifted back to his normal form, already running the short distance to her. "Oh, God, shit, Lorna! Are you okay?" Bobby knelt beside her, brushing her hair back, gathering her close to him. She was so cold! Stupid!

Lorna: "Guh." It took a moment for Lorna to open her eyes again and realize that she was being moved around. "Huh?"

Lorna: Lorna blinked up at Bobby, taking a moment to remember what had happened. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. I'm okay." Lorna shivered but felt a good deal warmer now.

Bobby: "You sure? God, I'm so sorry, Dee." Bobby let his held breath go and stroked her hair. Could have killed her. The room was warming up rapidly, but he didn't want to let her go.

Lorna: "Shh. I'm okay, Bobby, really." Lorna smiled reassuringly and patted his arm. "Guess these uniforms just weren't as warm as I thought."

Lorna: Lorna was relieved though as she felt her surroundings warm up but didn't make any attempts of moving just yet.

Bobby: "Guess not." Bobby shifted enough to strip off his own uniform jacket and wrap her in it. His thermal sense told him she was still too cold. "Still... I'm sorry. I should have known better."

Bobby: He sighed, kissing her forehead. "Okay... we're not trying that again either."

Lorna: Lorna laughed and snuggled in his jacket. "No, we're not doing that again. We both should have known better than to try that."

Lorna: "Sounds like a good promise." Lorna smiled.

Bobby: "A very good promise." Bobby ran a hand through his hair, looking around the room and noticing the cameras. Still iced over. Annoyed, he got rid of that bit of ice too, wanting the room to be as warm as possible. In fact...

Bobby: "Okay. How about some hot chocolate?" He smiled. "I'm all for being incredibly average again."

Lorna: "That sounds fantastic." Lorna nodded. "For someone incredibly average you're quite fantastic." Lorna gave him a wink, deciding that would help him believe she was feeling better.

Bobby: "Back at'cha, Starshine." Bobby brushed her hair back again and looked at her, happy she seemed okay. But. God... "I love you."

Lorna: "I love you too." Lorna made herself sit up so they could go see about that hot chocolate, staying close to Bobby just in case she was a bit shakier than she thought she was.

Bobby: "Wicked." Bobby smiled, helping her up and to the door, making the swishing door sound effect as he always did. "Okay, chocolate it is, and all the extra marshmallows you can hold."

Lorna: Lorna had to laugh as she made the swishing sound with him. "Heh, that's a lot of marshmallows."

[Edited on 21-10-2007 by Slarti]