10/21 Instance: Snow Walk

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

10/21 Instance: Snow Walk

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

current

Talia: Johnny squacked a bit and reached his hand up toward an icy branch. "I know, it's so pretty isn't it?" TJ gave him a kiss, then turned to Cessily. "This was a really good idea. It's so beautiful all iced over!"

Cessily: Cessily dug her hands deeper into her pockets as she trudged through the snow. It was an old habit. She wasn't affected by the cold in the same way anymore, but she just felt more appropriately dressed in the thick winter clothes. "It's fantastic." Cessily giggled as she watched Johnny. "Awww, look how much fun he's having!"

Cessily: Cessily just had to pull out her camera and take another picture of Johnny. "I don't know, I feel like I can't have enough photos of him."
Talia: She giggled. "I know the feeling, trust me," Johnny reached toward another branch as they passed, his mittens blocking his grasp. "He's so curious about everything, it's so cool when he sees new things."

Cessily: "Hm yes, it's wonderful to see the amazement in his eyes when discovers the world." Cessily picked up a small, iced-over twig and held it up for Johnny. "Sometimes I envy kids for this. Everything is so fascinating and new and simply pretty for them. I wish I could still see the world like they do." She laughed. "Well, actually, I try to do this."

Talia: "Yeah, I know," Johnny tried to grab the twig with one hand, but failed, so used both, sandwiching the twig between them. He smiled proudly, and made a happy noise. "He's growing up so quick too."

Talia: She looked to Cessily. "How do you try to do it? Like, how do you see something for the first time after you've seen it a million times?"

Cessily: Cessily smiled, a little sadly perhaps. "I don't really know, to be honest. I guess I try to keep an open mind about everything, or to discover a new, tiny detail, a new perspective or nuance that I haven't seen before in something." She let out a small sigh. "It's so easy to feel jaded about everything. I... really don't want feel that way."

Cessily: Cessily thought for a moment and smiled again. "You know, when I take a picture of something, even it's an object or a situation that I've photographed countless times before, there's always a little thing that's different than it had been all the times before. That makes every picture really unique."

Cessily: She stroked Johnny lightly over the head. "Like little Johnny here. Whenever I take a picture of him, he seems to be little bigger."

Talia: "Yeah, but thats because he's getting bigger all the time," she said, smiling at Johnny. "I never thought of it like that though..seeng things like that. Like...I kind of am seeing things a bit differently with him, watching him experience things, but, I never thought like you said."

Talia: "I guess it's why my pictures aren't as good as yours," she winked at Cess.

Cessily: "Ah, don't say that. You have great talent." She winked back. "Besides, I have been practising since I've been a kid, so I have a little head start." Cessily smiled and Johnny and watched him play with the twig. "Yeah, he's growing up real fast. He's a really big boy already."

Talia: "He's also wearing alot of layers, he's not THAT big," she told Cess. "But it's pretty nuts. He'll be 1 in only a few months now. I can't even begin to think about that. A whole year with him."

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Yes, that's true. Time flies, no? Another semester is almost over, and it's not long until Christmas." She grinned. "Johnny's first. But honestly, he's adorable." She laughed and winked at TJ. "Well, he is right now. Just wait until he can walk and runs around in the whole school."

Talia: "Yeah, I'm not so sure if I look forward to that yet. Just the crawling is crazy enough," she said, patting his back. "You mind carrying him for a while? My hands are getting a bit cold."

Cessily: "Why yes, of course! I would love to." Cessily beamed and stopped, turning towards TJ. She held out her hand for him and waited until he grabbed her finger. "What do you say, Johnny, shall auntie Cess carry you for a while? Would you like that?"

Talia: She passed Johnny over, before stuffing her hands into her pockets. "I guess I learned never to go out without gloves, huh?"

Talia: "So, you're staying here with Japh for Christmas, right? That's really nice."

Cessily: Cessily showed a broad smile as she carefully took Johnny from TJ and shifted him until he comfortably rested in her arms. "Yeah, I'm going to spend most of the break here with Japh. I'll go home to see my family for a bit, but I wouldn't be happy if I knew that he's here all alone." She smiled at TJ. "I guess we're going to spend some nice romantic holidays together."

Talia: Talia smiled. "That's really sweet! I bet it'll be way nice, and maybe you can take him to meet your family??"

Cessily: Cessily pondered for a moment. "Yeah, maybe. I don't know, though. I visited them for Thanksgiving, and it went much better than I thought it would, but still... it's a bit difficult." She sighed. "It's more about Japh, you know. I wouldn't want that he has to endure my families antics over Christmas. I don't want to drag him into all this before it's sorted out with them."

Cessily: She laughed awkwardly. "They still don't know that I have a boyfriend. And a girlfriend."

Talia: "They don't?? Oh, well, I guess that'll totally take some explaining before you go introducing people," she replied, looking up at a few bird flying overheard. "I understand why you wouldnt wanna bring Japh home. But it's good that's going better for you.”

Cessily: "Yeah, it is. Mind you, it's far from how it's been before all this, but I actually have hope that we're making some progress." She looked over at TJ. "And you? Are you going home to your folks, too?"

Talia: She waved her hand. "We're going everywhere. We're gonna have Christmas here with just the three of us, then take Johnny down to celebrate with Remy's family in New Orleans, then to Arizona to clebrate with my family. It'll be nuts."

Cessily: "Oh wow, talk about a full schedule." Cessily tilted her head and smiled a little. "But actually sounds like the best solution to me. Heh, I guess it's not easy with two families wanting to see little Johnny here." She rocked him a bit. "But I can so see why no one can get enough of you, big boy. And it's great that you're going to spend some time with just your mommy and daddy, yes?"

Talia: "Its definately the best solution, I think. Like, we couldn't really spend Christmas with one family without the other family feeling left out, especially since it's his first. So we split it," she shivered a bit, rubbing her arms. "I am a bit nervous about spending time with Remy's family though..."

Cessily: Cessily frowned and looked at her again. "Really? Why is that?"

Talia: "Well..because of everything that's happened and all. And like, last time I saw them all together, I wasn't the nicest person," she sighed. "It was stupid. Like, they'll be part of my life for the rest of my life because they're Johnny's family. I can't be an ass like that."

Cessily: "Hm, yes, I see." Cessily nodded. "Heh, we can't choose our family. Or... families, in your case. We can only try to get along with them as good as possible. Believe me, I know about this." She smiled again. "But I think it's worth a try. Family is a nice thing. Though... do you really believe they still hold a grudge against you?"

Talia: "Well, I don't think so," she said. "I saw Jean Luc a month ago and he was nice. But I dunno about Henri or Mercy."

Talia: "I dunno, maybe I'm just thinking too much, but I'm a bit nervous. Like, to an extent, I'm not sure I even belong there, you know? Johnny's a part of their family, but I'm really not..."

Cessily: "Well, yeah, maybe you really are thinking too much." She winked at TJ again and giggled as Johnny happily patted the silver skin of her cheek. "Shiny, isn't it?" She looked at TJ. "You know, Johnny might be a part of their family, too, but he is your son, and I think they should understand that."

Cessily: "What I'm trying to say is... it's great that you want to get along with them, but don't worry too much about pleasing everyone. I know that this is not easy. And I mean, you're trying."

Talia: "Yeah, I know what you mean," she giggled as Johnny inspected Cessily's cheek. "Mamama!" he said, his hand touching her chin.

Talia: "I think he sees himself and is getting confused," she told Cessily.

Cessily: "Yes, and who wouldn't?" She smiled down at him. "Auntie Cess is like a big walking mirror. Of course that is confusing. Aww, and listen to him. He's learning really fast, isn't he?" Cessily looked up at TJ and pointed her finger at her. "And look, there's your Mama."

Talia: Johnny squealed a bit when he turned and saw her. "Mama!!!" he said, reaching his arms out.

Talia: "Were you looking for me, sweetie?" she grabbed him from Cess giving him a big kiss and cuddling him in. "Aunt Cess is a big mirror isn't she? But she's a really nice one, and we love her."

Talia: She smiled, and looked to Cessily. "You know, having a kid is like, the hardest thing in the world. But at the same time, there's just nothing better."

Cessily: "Oh, I guess I know what you mean." She paused and grinned. "No, actually I don't. I mean, Johnny is absolutely wonderful and I so love spending time with him, so I get an idea of how great it has to be." She smiled sheepishly. "Then again, it's you who gets the whole work that comes with a kid, so I guess I'm only getting the good part of it."

Talia: "Well, don't get me wrong, there's alot of these really amazing moments. But there's also alot of really frustrating moments. Like, changing a diaper at 4 am when you have an exam at 8. Or the attention crying," she slid a look at her son. "Which he totally does a bit of. And always when I am in the middle of something."

Talia: "You just don't realise HOW much work they are til you have them. And HOW time consuming it all is. But like, none of that really matters, because it's still so awesome."

Cessily: Cessily walked beside TJ, watcher her and Johnny silently for a moment. "That sounds wonderful. Well, most of it. The changing diapers thing in the middle of the night - not so much." She smiled. "But I admire you. Like how you're dealing with all of it. You're a great mommy."

Cessily: She shrugged. "You know, you're still so young and you weren't even prepared for it, and yet you're doing such a great job. I've no idea if I would have dealt so well in your place." She paused. "Well, it's not like I have to be concerned about accidental pregnancies any more."

Talia: "Thanks," she gave Cessily a smile. "I bet you'd make a really great Mom though.." she trailed thinking over what Cessily just said. Crap, maybe that wasn't the right thing to say...

Cessily: "Thank you." Cessily replied and looked ahead, somewhat lost in thought. "Actually, I don't know. There's so much confusion in my life right now, I don't know whether I could take care of a child right now. Sometimes I'm quite overwhelmed with my own stuff alone. Besides, I've just turned eighteen."

Cessily: She gave TJ a reassuring smile as she noticed her expression. "And no worries. I know that I can't get pregnant any more. There's nothing I could change about it." Cessily shrugged. "Though, should I ever come to a point where I seriously think about it... there are other options, too, you know?"

Talia: "Yeah, totally," she told her. "Adoption and all. But yeah, I agree, you're too young to even think about it."

Talia: "I mean, I didn't have much of a choice. Not that Id ever change it. But I think starting young isn't the best idea for everyone. I'm lucky it's worked out like it has," she paused. "And I owe alot to Remy for that too.”

Cessily: "Oh yes, Remy is great dad. It's so nice to see him together with Johnny. He always looks so proud." Cessily put her hands in her pockets and smiled. "It's good to see that it's working so well. He's really responsible about it. Say, how are the two of you getting along now?"

Talia: "We're getting along really good," she told her. "Better than I expected, cause it was so weird and awkward in the beginning. But it's going well now."

Talia: She shrugged a bit, looking down. "Especially like...since he's not engaged anymore..."

Cessily: "Yeah. That's really nice to hear." She looked at TJ before lowering her gaze as well. "I heard about the thing with his engagement. Well, I bet it's certainly easier for everyone involved, no? So, he can focus on just being a dad, right? It would have been complicated otherwise, I guess."

Talia: "Yeah well.." she started. "The whole thing was just really difficult. And it freaked me out because like, right after JOhnny's born I'm hearing about this other chick and custody and what're we gonna do, and it just out it all off to a bad start, ya know?"

Cessily: Cessily gave TJ a concerned look. "Oh yes, right, that must have been kinda scary. Who wouldn't have been a little worried at that?" She reached out and rubbed TJ's shoulder. "But I'd say for a bad start, things look much better now. Johnny really has found a nice home here. Hm, Johnny, you like it here?"

Talia: Johnny gave Cessily a drooly smile, then leaned down toward the ground with a whine. "He loves it here. Because he loves attention, don't you hammy boy?" he whined again, trying to propel himself out of her arms. "We're not playing in the snow today hun, I didn't bring your big boots"

Cessily: Cessily giggled at Johnny. "Oh, we could head back to the school and get them, if you want? Johnny hasn't yet seen the wonderful snowman we build the other day."

Talia: "Oh, that's not a bad idea. Maybe for a bit, though. I don't want him to get too cold," she hefted him up a bit higher in her arms. "Lead the way! I'm not sure I've been in this part of the woods before..."

Cessily: "Sure, if we take this way, we're going to be back at the mansion in no time." She looked over her shoulder, smiling, as she trudged on. "I come her quite often. It's lovely, and peaceful."

Talia: "It is. I'll have to join you again," she sighed a bit as Johnny whined and wriggled. "Maybe next time with less distractions."
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€