11/17 Instance: Blackmail, Booze, and Bars

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/17 Instance: Blackmail, Booze, and Bars

Post by Slarti »

Timelined on the first day back.

Bobby: The snacks from the rec room just were not cutting it, so Bobby found himself in the kitchen, digging through the fridge for leftovers or anything else that looked interesting.

Josh: Josh's stomach rumbled, so like any animal, he went in search of food. He found himself staring at Bobby's back as Bobby obscured the fridge. "When the heck did you get back?" Josh exclaimed in surprise.

Bobby: "Hhm?" Bobby backed out of the fridge, a packet of lunch meat in his teeth, hand occupied with bread. He spit it out quickly. "Oh, hey, Josh."

Josh: How attractive. "Hey. Welcome back. Leave me anything?" Josh peered around him into the fridge.

Bobby: "A few hours ago? Thanks." He mentally added it up, dropping his sandwich fixings on the counter. "Maaaybe I did."

Josh: "How was break?" Josh asked as he pulled a plastic tuperware bowl out of the fridge. Mmm, leftover macaroni.

Bobby: "Good, thanks. Yours?" He heard Josh rattling around behind him as he made a sandwich. Oh yeah, this guy was dating Rachel. He was supposed to be all 'grr.'

Josh: "Decent," Josh said with a shrug as the macaroni heated in the microwave. "Got to ski at least."

Cessily: Whistling to herself, Cessily ambled into the kitchen to get a refill of apple juice. And maybe a snack or two. "Hey, Josh." She smiled at him, then her head turned towards Bobby. "Bobby!"

Cessily: "Good to see you back!"

Bobby: "Cool," he replied, deciding how best to be all intimidating, when Cess interrupted his thought process. "Hey! Good to see you! How was your break?"

Cessily: "Great. And very busy. But I had lots of fun." She grinned at them. "But it's good to see everyone getting back, too."

Josh: "No one gets more excited for school than Xavier U. kids," Josh commented with a grin.

Bobby: "Awesome. Yeah, I saw Laura earlier! I still bear the bruises." He chuckled, tossing the bread back in the fridge.

Cessily: "Well, it is a fun place, after all. With many cool people." She nodded at Josh before looking at Bobby again. "Oh yes, I'm so happy she's back. I missed the little hyper ball of energy."

Bobby: "Some cooler than others," he winked, then laughed. "Yeah, it was good to see her. She got distracted and wandered off though, I'll have to catch her later to torture her with new anime."

rachel: Rachel pushed the door to the kitchen open and looked around. Ooooh, yeah. People were back. "Hey," she greeted before going to dig through the pantry.

Kitty: Kitty popped into the kitchen. "EEEEEEEEEE!" She fairly pounced on Rachel and Cessily, squeezing hard. "Chicas! sooo good to see you!" She turned and gave the same to Bobby. "Yo, sweetcheeks!"

Josh: "Hey Rae," Josh said as the microwave beeped. He reached in and pulled out the container. "Ow, hot."

Cessily: "Heya, Rae!" Cessily winked at her. "Oh, I'm sure she'll love this."

Bobby: "Rae!" Bobby grinned, then was tackled by the second brunette of the day. "Ha! Hey, Kitty!"

rachel: "Kitty! I have to breathe!"

Kitty: "How was your guyses Christmases? You get your presents?"

Cessily: Cessily squealed as she was suddenly pounced and squeezed by Kitty. "Kitty! Oh my!" She laughed. "So great to see you!"

Josh: He was never going to get used to girls. Josh hid himself and his macaroni surreptitiously in a corner.

Kitty: "Oh - wait - let me go get the cards - I like, totally didn't send them. Hang on!" She flounced out, sparing a grin at the other boy.

Bobby: Bobby edged away from the chick hugging ritual after Kitty let him go, retreating to the counter to get his sandwich. He spied Josh by himself. Aha.

Cessily: "Christmas was sweet! Very busy, though. And I got tons of presents."

Bobby: "Well, looks like things are already back to normal. Screaming, running around..." Bobby held up the wall near Josh, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Josh: "Add general chaos to the list, and you've got it all covered," Josh put in through a mouthful of macaroni.

Cessily: "You get used to this when you share a room with her." She told the others as she made her way to the fridge.

rachel: Rachel slipped back to the pantry, grinning. Need. Food. "I don't think I'll ever get used to that..."

Bobby: "Oh, I should be used to it from Paige," Bobby added. "But there are only so many 'EEEEE!'s you can handle."

Josh: Josh snorted. "Great impression. Didn't know you could hit that note."

Bobby: "Takes talent." He deadpanned and took another bite. "You should hear me sing karaoke."

rachel: She grabbed a box of cereal. Okay, this would work. She popped open the box and took a seat at the table.

Josh: "You and Charlotte Church could do a duet," Josh said.

Cessily: Cessily found the juice and gave her glass a refill, then stepped over to the counter and sat on top of it.

Bobby: Bobby snorted. "I think I'll leave the singing to Lorna." He was quiet for a moment, then slid a glance at Josh. "So. Lizzie may not be here, but we could get this over with..."

Josh: Josh's eyebrows flew up. "Uh, 'get this over with' and 'Lizzie' in the same sentence can't be good," he said nervously.

Bobby: Bobby just finished his sandwich and took his time before smiling at Josh. "Nope."
rachel: Rachel eyed the macaroni for moment with a smirk and pulled it over to her with her teke, shoving the box of cereal at him. "Trading you and thanks." Rachel glanced at Bobby. Oh, the talk...

Josh: That smile was really scary. Josh started inching slowly towards the door so he'd have a good exit. "You can keep the macaroni," he said with a laugh, all the while keeping Bobby directly in his line of vision.

rachel: "Bobby's not going to kill while I'm sitting right here."

Bobby: Bobby had to work really hard to not laugh. When had he gotten scary? This was pretty cool. "Nah, but I have to ask what your intention is with our little Rachel here."

Bobby: He pushed off the wall, casually blocking the door.

rachel: "Little?" she raised an eyebrow.

Cessily: Cessily curiously looked at the scene in front of her. Interesting.

Josh: "Intention?" What did he think Josh was going to do, lock Rachel up and experiment on her like a lab rat? "Uh, nothing but gentlemmanly?"

Bobby: "Shh. Yes. Little." He poked his tongue at her when Josh's eyes were on Rachel.

rachel: "Cess, do you have your camera?" she whispered. This shouldn't have been as amusing as it was.

Cessily: Cessily nodded and pulled the small digital camera out of her jacket.

Bobby: "Soooo, what would be your definition of gentlemanly be, Joshy?" Bobby crossed his arms.

Cessily: "Uhm... you know, Bobby, there's this stuff with the birds and the bees..." She gave him an impish grin.

rachel: "Mind taking a few pictures of Bobby trying to be scary?" she asked, smirking, "Plus, blackmail on Josh."

Josh: If Josh were able to blush, he would have. He gave Cessily an exasperated that's-not-helping look.

Bobby: "Shush you too!" He gave Cess a mock-stern look.

Kitty: Kitty came back, bearing a small stack of cards, which she handed out.

Josh: "What business is it of yours?" he asked finally, crossing his arms and scowling.
Cessily: Cessily took a quick picture of that face, finding it to be quite funny.

Cessily: "Oh, thanks Kit!" Cessily beamed as she took her card. "That's really sweet."

rachel: "Thanks, Kitty," Rachel took the card after setting the bowl down, glancing at Josh.

Kitty: She grinned, looking between the others nervously. Had she interrupted something?

Bobby: "Well," Bobby took a couple steps forward and looked down at Josh. "I'm just a concerned party."

Cessily: "Oh, Bobby, please. Everyone knows that I am Rachel's chaperone."

Josh: "I'd tell you what you can do with your concern, but it would be a shame to put a damper on Kitty's enthusiasm," Josh half-joked, still not sure if Bobby was serious or not. "Who died and named you Rachel's bodyguard?"

rachel: "Wait. Since when do I have chaperones?"

Kitty: Kitty immediately went to cupboards and poked throught he fridge to make osmethign to eat. Arguments were best handled with food. She began to cook, saying, "don't mind me!"

Bobby: "Thanks, Kitty." Kitty's cutesy card broke his concentrated attempt at bad-assery. He cracked a grin. "Hey, believe me, you'd much rather have me doing the bad cop routine on you than Lizzie."

Josh: "Then I guess I owe you my thanks," Josh quipped.

Josh: "I still don't think it's any of your business. Rae could kill me herself, and easier than you could, by the way."

Cessily: "Since you have demonstrated this uncanny talent to always end up in trouble." Cessily told Rachel with a grin.

Bobby: "Don't mention it," he replied, just as flippantly, slinging an arm around him, lowering his voice for only Josh to hear. "There are worse things than death, dude." He backed off and hopped up on the counter.

Josh: Now that wasn't creepy at all. "What kind of sadist are you?" Josh hissed incredulously. "Or have you just watched too much Star Trek lately?"

rachel: "I could kill you, but it's more fun watching," she smirked. "What are you making, Kitty?"

Bobby: Bobby lifted his brows at Josh but didn't comment, concentrating on opening Kitty's card. That had been way too much fun.

Kitty: Kitty put a bowl of chopped veggies and a small bowl of dressing on the table. "Oh - some snacks."

Josh: It was over? Josh stood in a sort of slack-jawed daze for a long moment. Finally he shoot it off, deciding Bobby was just weird and it would be better for his sanity to forget this had ever happened. He took a seat next to Rachel and started munching cereal.

Cessily: "Oooh, snack are always good." Cessily hopped down from the counter and stepped over to the table to snatch a piece. "Mmm... yummy. Say, have you been to our room yet?"

Kitty: "Oh - yes! Did you do that? that's like, AMAZING!" Kitty started cleaning up, smiling at Cessily. "What a treat to wake up to tomorrow morning!"

rachel: "Cool," she grabbed some of the snacks. "You can have your macaroni back, found something better."

Josh: "It's cold now," Josh protested. "Thanks, Kitty.

Josh: He snatched a veggie from Rachel.

rachel: She rolled her eyes and shrugged, "Not my problem."

Bobby: Bobby finally looked up. "What's a treat to wake up to?"

Cessily: "Yes, I thought it would be a nice idea to paint something personal in everyones room as a Christmas gift." Cessily returned the smile. "I'm so glad you like it. I got the idea since I know how much you like that movie."

Kitty: "Johnny Depp, silly!"

Kitty: "Oh, totes, love it. and Orlando's looking good, as well as Keira! You got them down so good! I like, wish I was that artsy."

rachel: "I got Nightmare Before Christmas. It's awesome."

Bobby: "Ah, well, I'd take Keira, that's for sure," he grinned, drumming his heels on the cabinet. "That's cool Cess!"

Cessily: "Thank you." Cessily smiled sheepishly. "I had lots of fun painting it. And I want to do everyone's room, eventually. So you two will get something nice, as well." She nodded at Josh and Bobby.

Josh: "Aw, that's sweet of you," Josh said. "I could give you a few ideas for Bobby's room," he added with a smirk.

Bobby: "Aw, I didn't know you cared, Joshy. I think something from Dante would work for you."
Josh: "Touche." Josh stuck out his tongue.

Josh: "... And don't call me Joshy," he said, his nose wrinkling in distaste.

Bobby: "Okay Threepeo." He grinned.

Cessily: "Noooo, everyone gets something nice and sweet." Cessily nodded firmly. "Something they'd like."

rachel: Rachel snickered, leaning against Josh, "Joshy's better than Threepeo."

Josh: Josh pouted. One of these days, he was going to win an argument around here. "I need a beer."

Kitty: Kitty chowed down on the carrots, grinning. "It's so weird - It's snowing and cold and like, back home it's hot, and I was sooo wearing a tank top and shorts."

Josh: "Where do you live, Kitty?" Josh asked as he went to the fridge.

Cessily: "Yeah, that must have been weird. I'm only used to cold temperatures and real winters during Christmas time, though. It always gets very cold at home. With tons of snow."

Bobby: "Beer. Now you're talking sense." He hopped down from the counter and spun a chair around to sit at the table.

Cessily: "I love snow." Cessily beamed. "Oooh, we so should go sledding while there's still so much snow around."

Josh: "You can get your own," Josh said as he opened a can and took a gulp.

Bobby: Bobby blinked. There was beer in the school fridge? "You know," he told Cess, "It's not like you can't have snow whenever you want." He formed a tiny snowball and flicked it at her.

Cessily: She giggled. "Yeah, I know. But this is the real thing. No offence to your snow, Bobby. It's cool, too. Literally. Bu I've always loved the winter."

Kitty: "I live in Southern California."

Josh: "You're more of a human popsicle than a snowstorm god," Josh expounded.

Kitty: "Well, actually, we could ask professor Ororo for snow anytime."

Cessily: "Oh yeah, that's true. Oooh, did you know that she made it snow during the Christmas party? Like, indoors? That was so cool!"

Bobby: "Yeah, the real thing does have charm." He considered Josh's observation. "True. You'd be amazed at all the things that can be made into bomb pops."

Josh: Bomb pops? Josh thought for a minute... then decided he didn't want to know.

rachel: "The Christmas party was okay...but yeah, the snow inside was cool." Rachel repressed a shudder at the thought of kissing Terry and Amara.

Cessily: "Ah, speaking of the party." Cessily moved closer to Rachel and talked under her breath. "How did that thing with Amara work out, actually? I saw you two talking and basically not killing each other."

rachel: "We're cool, I think. Like, I don't think we're going to be trying to kill each other again."
Josh: "Besides, if she tries that ever again...." Josh gave a menacing growl.

Cessily: "Oh good. That's nice to hear." She chuckled.

rachel: "I think I'll be smart enough to move if anything happens again. And you'd have to get to her before Alex."

Bobby: Lots of whispering. "Who are we killing now?"

Josh: "Hey, what makes you think I wouldn't? I'm starting to think maybe I have some competition when it comes to Alex," Josh sighed.

rachel: "Pffft. You'd be freaking out over me. No one, Bobby, but Amara got in a fight a while ago. We're cool now."

Kitty: "So...I've missed out on all the hot gossip, being gone for so long."

Bobby: "Oh, okay." Bobby shrugged. Apparently he'd missed that one. "Wait. Why? Do I want to know? Though, what do I want to know is if it involved mud or jello." He winked.

Cessily: "Now that would really have been interesting." She chimed in, but her smile faded a bit as she remembered Rachel's burns back then.

Josh: Josh sat scowling, a stick of celery crunched between his teeth, as he wondered whether he really should have gone after Amara. Maybe he'd been too passive after the ordeal. Rachel didn't believe he'd defend her?

rachel: "You don't want to know. Short version, I took her arm off. Ended in burns."

Bobby: "Off! Shit! Oh, like Farouk's leg? That sounds not cool at all. It's all settled now?"

rachel: "Yeah, like his leg. It's fine now."

Cessily: Cessily reached out to give Rachel's shoulder a squeeze, knowing the story of what had happened back then.

Bobby: Bobby watched Cess's gesture, wondering what he was missing. But if it was settled, good. "Okay..."

Josh: "She fixed it," Josh put in, refraining from adding how he'd had to fix her. He sneaked a glance at Rachel's face.

Kitty: "Well, that's good!"

Bobby: Bobby tapped his foot, propping his chin on his palm. My, how quickly the mood had turned serious.

Kitty: "I think I'll try a beer, get one for me, Bobby?" she batted her eyes and gave him a mega-watt smile. "Or maybe we could sneak out and do something fun?"

Bobby: He cracked a grin at her. "I could go for either. Skunky beer here, or at Vito's? I vote Vito's."

rachel: Rachel glanced back at Josh, giving him a small smile. "Vito's."

Josh: Josh caught Rachel's eye, and reached out to put an arm around her shoulder. He rubbed circles on her back with his thumb.

Cessily: Cessily glanced at Kitty and raised an eyebrow. "Sounds like fun. Count me in." She laughed. "Because, someone will have to carry Kitty back home again."

Bobby: "Cool. I told Laura we'd go out when we all got back," he stood and stretched, cracking his neck. "I'll go track her down and we can go. Deal?"

Cessily: "Sounds good to me."

Kitty: "I am a lightweight." she sighed dramatically.

[Edited on 17-11-2007 by Slarti]