11/23 Instance: Terror Stew and Tea.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline current

Selene: What a confusing place. Quite large, too. Selene was already lost, which didn't surprise her much. In fact, she had clearly expected this to happen and thought that relying on pure luck would be sufficient to find this Xavier person. Relying on luck is a risky gamble. Pulling her bag along, she peeked around a corner. Another corridor, another set of doors. But there was the sound of voices.

Selene: Carefully approaching the door, she listened. The voices were coming from there. She pushed it open a bit, just enough to peek her head inside. A kitchen, quite obviously. And people, as well. She watched silently.

Lizzie: Here nooby nooby nooby... Lizzie thought to herself as she jogged through the corridors, running a hand through her hair. Still in her damn overalls as the dear Doc needed her to meet a new student because he was otherwise engaged or in other words, about to fall asleep.

Lizzie: Looking ahead, she spotted a likely candidate and stopped. "Hello? Are you the new student by any chance?"

rachel: Rachel cautiously stared at the pot on the stove, slightly scared of how it would turn out since she couldn't cook to save her life. "Um...Meggan? Are you sure this stuff can't explode?"

Meggan: "Um... I think so... it's just a normal pot. Only pressure cookers do the exploding thing.... I think..." she frowned and peered into the pot then put the lid on just incase. "Maybe we should retreat to a safe distance...?"

Selene: Selene blinked, then pulled her head back as she heard someone talking to... her? She closed the door to the kitchen before anyone else could notice her and just stood there with her travelling bag in hand. The blonde one looked at her as she approached Selene with fast steps, so she indeed seemed to have meant her. And she seemed to have expected her.

Selene: "Hello?" Selene eventually replied. "I think so. Yes. Are you Xavier?" No, wait, the newspaper had spoken of a Charles Xavier. She doubted this girl was named Charles. "No, you aren't." Selene frowned and pointed at the door. "I think there are terrorist in your kitchen. They talk about about blowing this place up."

Lizzie: "I'm Elizabeth Braddock, but people just call me Lizzie." She smiled and held out a hand. "Dr Xavier is a little busy right now, so I'm here to meet you and help you settle in until he's free in an hour or so."

Lizzie: Terrorists....Lizzie closed her eyes, fosucing so her butterfly glimmered around her eyes then laughed, opening her eyes once more. "No terrorists. Just Rae and Meggan. Rae isn't a great cook. I didn't get your name, sorry."

rachel: "Yeah, but how far is safe, exactly?" Rachel wacthed Meggan put the lid on the pot as she slowly inched away from the stove.

Meggan: "I don't know...." she backed away too, "Lets try behind the counter... we can always duck under it and you can do that shielding thing..." she eyed the pot warily and moved to stand behind the counter. "Maybe we should have asked Alex to help..."

Selene: "My name is Selene Gallio." She lowered her gaze, looking at the extended hand for a moment. Selene reluctantly took Lizzie's hand and gave it a very light shake. "Yes, nice to meet you, Elizabeth Braddock... I guess I will simply call you Lizzie then, right?" She sceptically looked at the door and back at the other girl. "So you are certain there is no danger?"

Elizabeth: "We're quite safe," she nodded and pushed the door open. "Hey you two! Meet Selene, she's just arrived."

Elizabeth: Gesturing for Selene to step in, Lizzie gave the cooker top a cautious look. "So what're you creating?"

rachel: "Probably should've," she said from her spot behind the counter next to Meggan. Rachel glanced over to the door, "Hey Lizzie, Selene. It's supposed to be stew..."

Meggan: Meggan glanced at the pot then looked at the new girl, "Hi, My name's Meggan," she smiled, "And it will be stew... whether it explodes or not...."

Elizabeth: Getting out a teapot she pulled a small bag of teabags out of her overall pocket. "Tea, anyone?" she asked as she filled the kettle with water and put it on the boil. "So, where are you from, Selene? Xaver didn't really say anything."

Selene: Selene stopped in the doorway, holding her bag in front of her. The door fell shut behind her. She looked around, out of the window, and tried to find the right direction. "I'm from ...there." One hand let go of her bag and she pointed towards the wall. "Hello, Meggan." She nodded once, then looked at Rachel. "Then you are the one called... Rae, right? Seeing as there is no one else in here."

Selene: Selene looked at the pot, a frown on her face. "Is Stew supposed to explode?" Then at Lizzie. "Tea? I think tea is... nice. As far as I know. I think I will take some."

rachel: "Rachel, but yeah I go by Rae too," she shrugged, looking at the pot again, "It's not supposed to, but considering Meggan and I made it, it might..."

Meggan: "Tea would be nice," Meggan smiled at Lizzie, "And we did follow Sian's instructions so maybe it will be ok....?" she tried to sound convincing.

Elizabeth: "Not a problem," she nodded and looked at the stew. "Well you'll have a better idea at what you're doing than I would so I guess it'll be alright..."

sage: Tessa walked into the kitchen and dropped her bag near the door, swinging around to the refrigerator to grab a drink. "Hey Lizzie, Rae, everyone."

Selene: Selene blinked at the girl who had just entered, contemplating whether to ignore her or not. "I'm not everyone," She reminded her before deciding to take a few steps away from the suspicious pot of stew. Stepping to the other side of the kitchen, she set her bag down in front of the counter, then turned around anf hopped up to sit on the free worktop, silently watching the other people.

rachel: "Hey, Tess." Rachel carefully lifted the lid on the pot and peeked at the contents, "You think it's done, Meg?"

sage: Tess waved absently at Rae and raised an eyebrow at the new girl. "And you'd be...?"
Elizabeth: "This is Selene," Lizzie offered as she busied herself with the tea, setting it out on the table for people to grab at will. "Just got here."

Meggan: Meggan mumbled a hi to Tess and approached the stew armed with a fork. She poked a carrot, "Nah they're still hard.... maybe we should turn it up?" she looked at the hob, frowning slightly.

Selene: Selene nodded once and pointed at Lizzie. "What she said. I'm waiting to speak to Mr. Xavier." She frowned at Rachel and Meggan, still suspicious of the pot of stew. "I take it that your name is... Tess? That is how Rachel called you."

sage: "She did. Tessa Nikolic." She held out a hand towards the girl, twisting open a bottle of soda at the same time. "Where you from?"

rachel: Rachel jumped back, dropping the lid as the stew bubbled up and exploded, "Shit!" She blinked, looking down at her clothes, "Damnit. I'll be right back."

Elizabeth: Lizzie blinked. Was that supposed to happen? Oh well. Probbaly added to the flavour. "Don't worry, this sort of thing is always happening," she offered Selene a biscuit and a smile.

Meggan: Meggan bit her lip trying not to laugh "oops...." she grinned at the new girl, "Oh well live and learn!" she chirped, she consulted the recipie, "Hmm... what's simmering?"

Selene: Selene blinked a few times at the scene in front of her. She arched an eyebrow and shifted slightly to the side, further away from the aggressive stew. What a confusing place indeed. Filled with seemingly strange people. "Interesting." She stated, then took the biscuit from Lizzie. "Thank you." For a moment she was worried that this place would be like the other ones.

Selene: But no, those people appeared to be more... collected. And friendly, as well. She looked at Tessa, remembering that she had asked a question. "I'm from there," she pointed at a point beyond the window again. "I arrived half an hour ago. The front gate stood open, so I assumed that I'd be free to enter, right?"

sage: Tessa blinked once and shook her head. "If you weren't I'm sure someone would have told you by now." She grinned. "Though I was referring to where you were from before you were standing outside the gates."

sage: She made her way to the stove and looked at the stew remaining in the pot. "Simmering is low heat, Meg. Got this burner on high." She tuned it all the way around.

Elizabeth: "Oh, quite welcome. Just sorry I didn't catch you sooner as you arrived," taking a seat, Lizzie propped her feet on the chair across the table from her and took a sip of tea. "If it's any consolation, Meg, it does smell nice...Whatever's left anyway!"

Selene: Selene's eyes turned to the side, then upwards as she tried to piece the details together in her mind. "I walked here," she flatly stated. "From New York City. And before that I came through several towns, some larger, some smaller, but I didn't bother to memorize their names. Some other city's, too. Before that, I was in place called Detroit. That's where I've been when I decided to come here."

Meggan: Selene was confusing Meggan so she decided to latch onto the normality of Lizzie's compliment, "Aww thanks Liz," she smiled, then looked at Tess, "Oh... Maybe I should get my foster mum to explain these cooking terms to me...."

sage: Tessa just accepted Selene's comment without answer. "cess could give you a rundown, she knows them like the backs of her hands." She shrugged. "I don't cook much here."

Elizabeth: "I rarely cook. Can't be trusted and anyway, Warren likes doing it too much," she nibbled a biscuit. "So...What can you do, Selene, if that's not to forward, your gift, that is?"

Selene: "My gift? I had no idea I am expected to bring a gift." Selene frowned, then remembered the nature of this place. "Oh, you mean that kind of... gift?" Few people had called it that way, and those who did had been strange. Right, those people most likely were similarly unique as her, so this question was to be expected. Selene pondered how to reply.

Selene: "As in what I can do what other people usually can't?" Better to make sure they really were talking about the same thing. Too many people had reacted negatively in the past.

rachel: Rachel made her way back into the kitchen, running a hand through her hair. Damn stew. "Back..."

Elizabeth: "Hey, Rae," Lizzie waved the biscuit packet at her. "And yeah, what you can do that others can't - though you might not be alone as you think..."

Meggan_: Meggan smiled at Rae, "Hey good to see you clean," she giggled, "I'm gonna go and quiz Alex on how to avoid further explosions. I'll be back later... probably..." she waved, "Nice to meet you, Selene, hope you like it here!" she wandered out into the hall.

Selene: "Thank you." She waved Meggan goodbye and cast a suspicious glance after her. This one seemed to be dangerous in combination with cooking equipment. Actually, they all did. Right, back to the matter at hand. She looked at Lizzie. "Well, for example, I can do something like this." Selene focused, carefully. This was always the tricky part. The pot with the stew trembled.

Selene: Suddenly it shot up to the ceiling before crashing down again, splattering its contents everywhere. "Damn," she merely commented. "This always seems to happen." Okay, so much for a demonstration. Selene wisely decided to keep her other abilities to herself for the moment. "But I guess you get the idea."

sage: Tessa watched the crashing pot with mild interest. "Nice. Telekinesis is always pretty cool." She took a step away when it splattered all over the immediate area, avoiding the mess.
sage: She slid a glance to Lizzie, and sent a private message.

rachel: Rachel eyed the stew, keeping away from it. No way in hell was she going to change her clothes again, "Awesome. I have teke, too. It's pretty cool once you get the hang of it."

Elizabeth: she blinked a little at the mess and decided to go see Bishop after about her mechanics and meantion it. She'd damn well only get suspected if she didn't straighten it up...

Elizabeth: "So, anything else? I'm a telepath and can project psychic energy which is usually pink and glittery, unfortunately."

sage: Tessa held out her hands. "Must be pretty cool. Telepath here as well, and jumpstarting powers, seeing and understading them. Complicated stuff." She checked her watch and almost cursed. "Crap, I'm late. I was supposed to meet Cessily for a sparring session ten minutes ago." She waved a quick goodbye to everyone and headed out, grabbing her bag on the way.

Selene: Selene waved a goodbye for Tessa, as well, and looked after her in a similar fashion as she had done with Meggan. How curious. "It definitely has its uses, yes." She told Rachel. "As you can see, I'm not very good at it." Her attention shifted to Lizzie. That would explain these sparkles she had seen around her eyes. "Others see the pink light, too?" Selene mentally scolded herself.

Selene: "Yes, of course they do. Why wouldn't they?" She folded her hands, resting them in her lap. "Well, I think it is safe to say that I'm a... telepath myself," she eventually admitted. They had to trust her. "At least, there are things entering my mind that aren't my own, and things that appear in others' minds that aren't theirs." Falling silent, she intently watched the two other girls.

Elizabeth: "Oh, yes, people see the lights unless I don't want them to. And, no need to worry about not being very good - it's why we're here," she gave a rueful smile. "Ahh, yeah, telepathy is like that. Xavier can give you sheilding lessons so that won't happen so much, unless you want it to. Or I can."

Elizabeth: She smoothed the leg of her overalls down and set her cup on the table. "I'm not too terrible at sheilding lessons, eh, Rae?"

rachel: "Yeah, I have telepathy, too. I like the teke better." Rachel smirked, "Nope, you aren't. Liz gives out chocolate afterwards unlike Xavier."

Selene: Selene was silent for a moment longer. This was indeed very interesting. Brushing a strand of her long, black hair out of her face, she leaned back and crossed her legs. "This sounds... promising. In fact, it's the reason why I decided to come here." Her gaze wandered between Rachel and Lizzie. "So this shielding, as you call it - it can keep alien thoughts out of my mind?"

Selene: "And will also prevent mine from invading other minds?"

Elizabeth: "Pretty much, yes. It's not competely cast iron unless you're incredibly powerful or have a power that makes you immune, and it takes work. But aside from that it works and works well."

Elizabeth: "Once you get the grasp of it you can block out as little or as much as you want."

rachel: "It's kinda hard at first, but once you get it, you don't have to focus on them as much to keep them up. And some of the thoughts here could definently gone without being heard."

Selene: "That seems to be rather useful." Selene deliberately nodded. "Apparently I came to the right place. It sounds like what I'm looking for." After a moment of silence, she scratched her head and pointed at the mess the spilled stew had left. "I will clean this up. Where can I find a cleaning rag?"

Elizabeth: Getting up she tidyed the tea things away. "There should be something under the sink. Would you like a hand? Then I cans ee if Xavier is ready to greet you properly."

rachel: "You two don't have to. I can clean it up...since it was another one of my horrible attempts at cooking." Oh wow. There had to be something wrong with her. She was offering to clean.

Selene: "Excellent," she told Rachel. This is very impolite of you, a voice in her mind remarked. So bad. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, then turned back to Rachel. "And thank you very much. I appreciate it." That's a good girl, yes.

Selene: "Thanks to you, too." She said to Lizzie, then looked down at her hands. "But I don't need another hand. Do you think Mr. Xavier would see me now?"

rachel: "It's no problem," she shrugged and went over to the sink to grab a dish towel, "I think I should stop trying to cook. It always results in disaster."

Elizabeth: "I'm sure he will," Lizzie noddedand headed to the door. "If you want to come with me I'll show you the way there. See you later, Rae!"

Selene: Selene nodded again, then wordlessly hopped from the counter, gave Rachel a quick wave and picked up her bag before she followed Lizzie towards the door.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Tessa, meet Ces in the DR? wonder where Vic is...
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Selene is weird. That's all I have to say.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6