11/24 Instance: Mice Fright

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current RP Time

Rachel cringed as she heard the mice scurrying around in her wall. Ew, ew, ew, mice, ew. She sat up in bed and check the floor before throwing the covers back at silently sneaking out of the room.

She quietly crept through the halls and made her way to Josh's room. Rachel paused outside the door for a moment. Yeah, he was sure to be thrilled about getting woken up at 2:30 am. She opened to door and tiptoed over to his bed, slipping in beside him. Oh well, he'd have to deal.

Josh frowned as he felt the bed dip a little with added weight. He wasn't actually asleep (he'd stayed up till one playing Risk on Facebook, and it usually took him a while to really fall asleep), but on the brink of it. He wasn't any more though. He groped behind him for what had landed on his bed. His hand landed on something soft and he squeezed.

Rachel squirmed and grabbed his hand. "That's my side," she muttered.

Josh's eyes snapped open at the sound of Rachel's voice. The heck? What was she doing in his bed? He was silent a moment, and a mischievous grin crossed his lips. He let his hand travel a little further. "Since when can my pillow talk? And such curves."

She smirked and pressed a kiss to his neck, "...Since it's magical?"

Josh rolled over and kissed her back, smiling sleepily. "I would kill you for interrupting my sleep, but it's rather a pleasant wake-up call. And I wasn't really asleep either. But it begs the question - why are you here? Other than to trick me into believing in the enchanted pillow?"

"You wouldn't kill me anyway," Rachel snuggled up against him, closing her eyes, "Mice in my room."

"No, I'd think of something much more creative," he replied. "Mice? Sure they weren't rats? Just kidding. How'd they get there? You try to make stew again in your room this time?"

"Something more creative?" she raised an eyebrow, "Oh, ha ha. Not my fault I can't cook. Bobby decided to share his version of cute and cuddley."

"Yeah. Creative. And I'd ask Terry for advice." He stuck out his tongue. "... Are you saying Bobby went down to Petco, bought a bunch of mice, and loosed them in your room? Why?"

"Oh really? Care to share any examples of this supposed creativity?" Rachel rolled onto her back and glanced at him with a sigh, "Nope. Found them in his room after one of our pranks."

"Better watch what you wish for. And that sucks. Does he think it's retribution? I've half a mind to get him back. I'm thinking roaches. What do you think?"

"I think I'm staying out of it. Not getting in trouble for once might be nice."

"Then, as your self-appointed avenger, I'll do it myself." Or at least threaten... He wasn't about to waste money buying cockroaches, of all things. He was quiet a moment, a question on the tip of his tongue. "... So, you were driven out of your room by the mice... Why did you come here? I mean I'm not complaining, but," he looked a little apologetic, "you didn't go to one of the girl's rooms, or anything."

She smiled a bit. Yeah, Josh going after Bobby would go over well, but she supposed it was the thought that counts. She thought about it for a moment, "What girl's room would I go to? Plus, I like being with you."

"Well, I just..." To his surprise, he felt his face heating up. "I thought girls were all chummy like that. I'm just surprised you picked me - I mean, I know we've been... close," no kidding, Sherlock, "but I wasn't sure how you comfortable you were... with me, you know."

"Yeah, I guess I could've stayed with Cess and Kitty, but I didn't want to wake them up. Didn't want to wake you up either, honestly," Rachel admitted. "Why wouldn't I be comfortable with you?"

"Oh, I get it. You just feared their vengeance more than mine. I see how it is." He laughed quietly. "Well, I dunno, it's that... I dunno. I mean, we've talked about a lot of stuff recently, and I keep wondering - I'm not the most 'together' guy. I wonder if I can really... be there for you. When I'm such an asshole so much of the time. I wonder if you trust me to... whatever. You know?" he finished lamely, knowing he'd suddenly made things uncomfortable.

"Of course, I did," she smirked, "Kitty has all sorts of pink stuff to torture me with. Plus, they'd probably get Laura or something to join the torture."

"Pfft. I'm not exactly 'together' either, in case you haven't noticed. And, I can be pretty bitchy. If I didn't trust you, you wouldn't know over half the stuff you do about me, and I wouldn't be lying here," Rachel let out a breath.

"I didn't mean it like that. You're not bitchy. You're adorable." He turned onto his back and pushed his fingers through his hair. "I'm happy you trust me enough to share that stuff with me. I..." He took a deep breath. "You know, I don't know what I was talking about. Guess it is just that insecurity talking. Forget I said anything. I'm glad you're happy." He was lying through his teeth. He hoped she couldn't tell. That was the worst thing about dating a telepath - he couldn't know if she was reading his mind. Absently, he twirled strands of her hair around his finger.

"Your opinion on whether I'm a bitch is biased. Of course, you aren't going to tell me I am." She glanced at him, "No, it's fine. It's nice actually. Normally, it's the other way around. So, are you happy?"

"Of course I am," Josh said quickly. "There's nowhere I'd rather be than here with you. You and your head-banging music and your mice and everything else. Stuff has just been making me think lately, and that's never a good thing. Like, I see how Bobby and Lorna are, or even Cess and Tess -" He honestly wasn't sure if he'd ever met Japh "- and they seem to know how to anticipate each other's every mood. And I ask myself if that's a place you and I could get to. I guess it's my nature to be a pessimist, but I wonder if I'm too selfish for that." He risked looking at her, her eyes bright in the dim glow of the radio alarm clock. "What do you think?"

She shrugged, "I dunno. Guess it's kinda a wait and see kinda thing, but I don't think your selfish." Rachel caught his eye and rolled over to face him, half tempted to lay on him. "I dunno. It's kinda a normal thing to freak out over, y'know?"

He couldn't help smiling. "Yeah. You're right of course. You'll see I'm good at that - freaking out over nothing. You regretting coming in here yet? Neither of us will get any sleep at this rate." Now that he thought about it, her sudden nearness could be part of what brought his sudden pensive mood. Anything to get his mind off her body, in his bed, her face that close to his. His face started to burn again.

"I think I can deal with the freaking out over nothing," she grinned, "No, I like it in here...a lot. Sleep is overrated anyway."

"Pffft. Gotta agree with you there. Even so, I'll give you a good-night kiss." He leaned forward and kissed her long and deep.

Rachel returned the kiss, running her fingers through his hair. She didn't want it to end. Damn the need to breath.

Josh's arms wrapped around her, one hand cupping the back of her head. As they broke apart to break, he trailed kisses down her chin and neck, relishing the scent of her body. He rested his forehead on her shoulder. "We really shoud sleep though, you know," he said somewhat breathlessly, still smirking.

She ran a hand down his side as she tilted her head a bit, shuddering. So much better than being awake freaking out over the mice. "I know," Rachel whispered, kissing his temple. She was amazed she'd managed to say anything intelligable.

"But you don't want to any more than me," Josh stated more than inquired. His hands were busy roaming.

"Yeah..." Great. Downgrading to one word now. She trailed off, hands moving to his back and up his shirt.

"Or talking either," he continued as his hands reached lower, and his lips found her mouth again.

Rachel deepened the kiss and broke it off to trail kisses along his jaw and neck instead. She had a feeling tomorrow was a skip day, but she still had to ask him something, "Josh?" Then, there could be no talking.

He was surprised by the questioning tone, and felt a pang of worry, but forced himself to ignore his stupid insecurities. "What, babe?" he asked as he nuzzled her neck (maybe he wanted to distract her just a little).

"You don't care if I stay in here til the mice are gone, right?" Oh joy. She could actually form sentences.

Josh stared at her for a second, trying to process that. So... the mice wouldn't be gone right away? His mouth curved in a devilish grin. "Why, of course I don't, why on earth would you think otherwise? Night time is so much more fun with you here. I'm not too stupid to say no to a good thing."

Rachel grinned back, "Just making sure. And, I think I'm done with talking now. Dunno how many more sentences I can form that actually make sense."

"Amen to that. Now shut up and let me kiss you."

"Well, then...what are you waiting for? I don't think you're going to get any more of an invitation."

"I said, shut up." Josh picked himself up a bit, leaned down and kissed her. It was going to be a long night.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

:hideeyes Baaaaad Rae. What would Alex say?!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Hee! Cute! And I suppose those mice can stay until Rachel actually wants Bobby to fetch them. ;)