11/21 Instance - "Fireside heart-to-heart"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Please timeline the day after the pool side chat

Summers: Scott sat sideways, wedged in a wing-backed chair, next to the fire place, a cold up of coffee on the table at his elbow. He turned the page of his medical text, and scribbled some notes in the margin. He was glad the library was this silent - usually there were more people here.

sage: Tessa came into the library and flopped into a chair, rubbing her elbow. Hank had needed to do all manner of tests on her to fix her medication dose. She sighed and dug a bok out of her bag, adjusting in the chair to better read it.
Summers: Scott looked up at the noise. "Oh. Hey, did Hank fix your meds?"

sage: "Yeah. Had to do about fourteen different tests to see what was wrong." She held up her arm, showing where the inside of her elbow was wrapped in hot pink sticky gauze.

Summers: "Ouch." He winced sympathetically. "Well, at least he fixed it." He gave small smile, and went back to his book, but he found he was waiting for her to ask about Angel, and couldn't concentrate.

sage: She raised her eyebrows and quirked her head a little. "You have no idea how much I like the correct dose of this stupid medicine." She rolled her eyes. "So, you survive running outside last night when you were soaking wet?"

Summers: "Oh yeah. I did get some frost on my legs, though." He gave her a look. "You survived, too I see."

sage: "I waited till I was dry, like a smart person." She could almost feel the unsettled feeling coat the room. "Or was that more of an 'I was good and didn't splatter you over the grounds like oh-so-many bits of roadkill'?"

Summers: Scott blinked in shock, jaw dropping. "I don't think it's very funny to joke about powers like that." He snapped the book shut, prepatory to leaving.

sage: Tessa gave him a flat look. "Oh cool it. We've all got powers that can suck at times, or be dangerous, what have you. If you can't make light of it they'll drive you crazy."

Summers: "What do you know?" He snapped back. "Well, let's have it out then - give me your best shot." He sat back, and crossed his arms.

sage: "What do I know?" She scoffed and tossed her head. "I know a hell of a lot more than you think I do, Scott. You're beating yourself up over Angel leaving you and you won't let it go, which is making you act like an ass to anyone who even so much as jokes with you. It's incredibly rude of you."

sage: Tessa settled back in her chair. "And about the powers? Oh, yeah, wait, had them since I was eleven. I think I know what to joke about, yeah? Unless you were just ignoring the fact that having them lost me my own father."

Summers: He nodded. "I'm sorry, Tessa. I should have presumed..." He trailed off, uncomfortable. "I'm not beating myself up over Angel leaving me", he said softly. "She had every right to. I was the one who screwed up, and I deserve to be in misery."

Summers: ((shouldn't have presumed))

sage: Tess made a slight noise as she sucked in a breath through her teeth, her mouth pursed to one side. "That's what I'm talking about. You're blaming yourself, and that's going to do nothing for you but depress you."

Summers: "I've been depressed. This is nothing." He shrugged and smiled ferally. "I've talked to my therapist. I'm fine."

sage: "What is it about people here being terrible liars?" She rolled her eyes at Scott and gave him a look. "Saying you're fine when you know you aren't is stupid. And telling yourself it's your fault when something happens is equally so." She reached out and put her hand on his shoulder.
"It's not going to help if you never let it go."

Summers: He stayed silent, biting his cheek. Finally he said, "I'm not fine, but I'm working on it."

sage: "Hey, at least you're accepting that part. Why do you keep saying it's your fault?" She fixed him with a look of concern.

Summers: "What, you don't know? I thought it was the major gossip." He leaned forward. "I kissed Lizzie and told Angel about it, when I apologized to her for doing it."

sage: Tessa blinked and tilted her head. "Well I won't say that was your brightest moment, but I don't think it was huge enough for her to break up with you over." And I just keep teling myself I don't like therapists.

Summers: "Tell me about it. Who wouldn't want their man to tell her he kissed osmeone else and apologize? But - it was her decision. And I shouldn't have kissed someone else."

sage: Tessa laughed at that. "Oh come on. It's what guys do. You apologized, and anyone with eyes in this place can see you've been miserable since she left for Italy." Tess joked, "Boys need to come with instructions, I swear."

Summers: "I could say the same about girls." He gave her a meaningful look with raised eyebrows.

sage: She snorted out a chuckle at the look he gave her. "What's that look for?"

Summers: "Well, you're the first person to really take my side on it...it's just weird."

sage: She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Personally, I'm thinking she should have known you're not stupid enough to have meant anything by it. Everyone makes stupid mistakes. It's how we figure out what not to do in life."

Summers: "Well, I've made osme pretty damn stupid mistakes with her before. It was the straw that broke the camel's back." He frowned. "It's not her fault. I don't blame her. I shouldn't have kissed someone else, and that's it." He crossed his arms.

sage: Tess paused in scratching her cheek to look at him blandly. "Never heard that expression 'there's a million shades of grey', have you?" She ruffled his head. "It was stupid, yeah, but I'm fairly sure there were some mitigating circumstances there."

Summers: "Again: you know nothing of what happened. And I don't want to discuss it any more. I've been talking to qualified personnel about it, and I'm fine."

sage: "Here you go again with that acting like an ass. I didn't say I knew what happened, and I wasn't forcing you to say anything. You've said everything of your own accord." Tessa went back to her waiting book and shook her head. "But scream at me again and we're going a round."

Summers: "Well, you wouldn't back off last night, I didn't know what else to do. And now you know a bit more, so hopefully you'll get off my back about it."

sage: She blew him a raspberry in answer. "I told you last night, I don't want you to be unhappy. You're a nice guy, and funny without being incredibly irritating. You shouldn't close that away from everyone."

Summers: "Me? I'm funny? Surely thou jest."

sage: "Not at all. And don't cal me Shirley." She moved to sit sidewas in her chair, legs over one arm. "You've got a great sense of humor, and it's kinda cute when you blush like you did in the medlab."

Summers: Scott mentally back-pedaled. "Uh...thanks?" Isn't she going out with Cessily and Japh? "I think." He gave her a confused look.

sage: "Yes, Cess and Japh are in a relationship with me. Doesn't automatically blind me to everybody else that's cute." Tess winked at him and closed her book. "How else do you think i ended up in Germany with Andy?"

Summers: "Um..." hoooo boy. "Japh's my best friend. And I'm definitely not that open." He grabbed his book bag. "So...thanks for the chat."

sage: Tess had to think about that, and then burst out laughing, hard. "Ohh, I was so ont going there, Scott. I like you, but not that way." She shook her head to get that mental image out. "See you around, then. I've got a free period before Wagner's class, so I'm reading up."

Summers: "Thank god for small miracles," he muttered. "All right. See you." He left the room. I am not ready for another relationship. With anyone. Christ.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heeeheeeheee. :shifty