12/2 Instance: Megatokyo

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline, after Valentine's Day.

Alex: Alex was pretty nervous. But he didn't know why. The people were nice, the pay was pretty much formidable for a part-timer, but still...the setting needed getting used to.

Alex: Anways, it's only not long before my shift, better get dres-...you've GOT to be kidding! He went through his bag several times, but he just couldn't find his suit!

Alex: For a minute or so he was running around like wild in the changing room. The suit had been especially made for his size, 'to make the illusion perfect' was what the boss had said. There wasn't a backup suit in here!...But there was a telephone...He didn't like the idea of anyone knowing where he worked, but...He sighed and grabbed the handset.

Bobby: "Hmm, wha?" The song wasn't over, yet Eddie Vedder was suddenly singing a Weezer song. Bobby raised his head from the center of his notebook and started blankly at his mp3 player.

Bobby: He blinked several times, rubbing his chin where his pen had dug in. Was the thing still under warranty?

Bobby: A light caught his eye as the screen on the front of his cell phone flashed. "OH!" He scrambled for it, yanking the earphones from his head. "Yeah? Uh, I mean, hello?"

Alex: "Oh my god, Bobby! I need your help!" He grabbed the handset as hard as he could as if he was shaking the boy on the other side around to make him realize how urgent it was.

Bobby: "Alex?" Bobby pulled the phone from his ear for a second to stare at it. Was he still asleep? He struggled to sit up on his bed, books sliding off to the floor.

Bobby: Okay, he was awake, because he'd drooled on his notebook. Ew. Bobby poked it and remembered he still had the phone in his hand. "Um.... are you okay?"

Alex: "I need your help, man!" He tried to start his nervous circling, but then he noticed that he was on a good way to strangle himself with the cord.

Alex: "I'm at work, but I forgot my suit! You have to go into my room and get it over! Please, please,...please?"

Bobby: Bobby had almost gotten alarmed, until Alex said he forgot his work uniform. "Uh.... okay. I can do that. Where is it? Where do you work, man? I didn't even know you had a job."

Alex: "It's..." He had to think for a second. He had come here by bus, how did you drive to this place?...Oh, right!

Alex: "In the drawer where I have my smilie t-shirts, there is a map where the place is encircled, at first I thought I had to find it on my own, but the owner gave me a good description, so I left the map there. Please come as fast as you can!"

Bobby: "All right, I'm sure I can find it when I see the address." Bobby got up, looking for his keys. Oh. Pocket. That's what'd been digging into his hip...

Bobby: He ran his hand through his hair, finding a red feather and grimacing at it. "What's your uniform look like? Is it, like, in your closet?"

Alex: "It's on the bed, I had it out to avoid folds, but the I forgot to put it back into the bag." Oh yeah, he's coming to bring me my uniform!...He's coming to bring me my unifrom...to my new working place...

Alex: He looked around. Maybe he wasn't the best choice after all...

Bobby: Already on his way to Alex's room, he checked his watch. "Okay, dude, I'll be there in a while. I've got the number on my cell if I can't find it or something. Adios!"

Bobby: Bobby knocked on the door, but just went in when there was no answer, quickly seeing the suit spread out on Alex's bed. Consisting of a dress shirt and slacks with a satiny vest, a little bow tie was the capper, stretched out across it. "Huh."

Alex: Alex hung up and sat down, halfly relieved, and halfly very very concerned...

Bobby: Bobby winced as he jerked his truck into a parking space and shifted, waiting for the transmission to decide to keep up. The place had actually been pretty easy to find, and really he didn't know how he'd missed it before.

Bobby: He gathered up the clothes and headed for the door. "Alex works at.... Megatokyo?" Eyebrows lifting, he opened the front door, only to be greeted by a very, very perky blonde in a French maid uniform. Whoa.

Alex: Alex peeked out of a small crack he had left open behind the door, when he saw Bobby entering he poked his head and one arm out and heavily waved at him. "Bobby, here!"

Bobby: "Oh, hey!" He waved at Alex and made his way over to him, pausing to smile at a short redhead's badly delivered 'konnichiwa' and bow. "Heeyy, hello to you too..."

Alex: He hastily grabbed Bobby's sleeve and pulled him into the room to make sure he wouldn't make a bad impression on his new colleagues. "Do you have it?"

Bobby: "Yeah, of course." He handed the clothes over. "I was gonna ask what was up with the outfit, but now I guess I don't have to." Bobby cracked the door back open and looked out. All the waitresses were dressed like that. "This is wicked, man!"

Alex: "Wi-...wicked?" Alex blinked and nearly fell over the trousers he tried to get on as fast as possible. Only five more minutes until his shift would start.

Alex: "Why?" He finally had managed to put them on...the wrong way, though. He sighed and got out again.

Bobby: "You know, wick-" Wait, this was Alex. "Oh, never mind. I mean it's cool, man. Somebody is gonna make a fortune offa this!" Bobby turned back around, watching Alex try to hop into his pants. "I guess I should just be happy you aren't in maid fuku..."

Alex: "Huh?..." No way he just said 'fuck you'... "Fu-ku?...Like the Japanese plate?" He finally had got his trousers and everything else on, now he was looking into a mirrow to fix his bow tie.

Bobby: "A maid costume. I'm happy you aren't in one." He smoothed his hair down again, speaking slowly, because Alex was clearly in one of his panics.

Bobby: Bobby peeked back out the door, unable to look away when two of the girls started adjusting each other's aprons and bonnets. "Uh... Okay, since you obviously aren't a fan of the culture, how'd you end up working here?"

Alex: "Uhm, I need money...well, you know..." He looked at a clock on the wall. "Oh, I have to start...Uhm..."

Alex: He wondered for a second whether it was a good idea, but hey, he had helped him. "Uh, why don't you sit down on a table and order something? There aren't too many customers around right now, so we'll probably have time to talk. My treat?"

Bobby: "Fair enough. I know all about needing money..." He followed Alex out into the restaurant, taking in the classic decor and red carpet. Hell of a contrast to the girls bouncing around. "All right..."

Bobby: Bobby took a seat and looked around. "Um, so what're you? Like, a faux Japanese French maitre de?"

Alex: "Oh, no, I'm just a waiter. I really don't know why the boss needed another one aside from the girls, there are so many of them working so hard. Uhm, sorry, there's a guest." He pointed at an older man in business suit who was waving at him to pay his tab, then he left Bobby alone for a second.

Claude: Claude walked through his little café, smiling happily that even at this hour there were more guests than some others during rush hour. Opening a maid café over here had been a brilliant move and...Oh?...

Claude: He noticed that nice new boy he had hired recently leading another boy to a table, and shortly after leaving for a customer. He was a good kid, never been late up until now, and always polite...although a bit stiff at times. his eyes wandered to the other boy...Oh my god!

Claude: He hastily came over to Bobby and mustered him from toe to top. "Oh my, if you wouldn't be the most adorable little Yugi I wouldn't know who else!" His excitement was so great that he even clapped his hands together.

Bobby: The redhead had brought him a menu, and Bobby was busy looking through the anime-themed pages and snickering when he heard a voice not belonging to Alex.

Bobby: "Wha?" He said brightly, taking in an older guy in an outfit similar to Alex's. Yugi? Er, no. The fellow was quite excited, his little mustache twitching as Bobby worked to figure out what he was saying with that thick French accent.

Bobby: "Oh, uh, I'm just here visiting Alex... I'm not ready to order."

Claude: "Ah, you are a friend of Alex! He's is a nice boy, oui?" He smiled even wider and funnily pulled a bit at the side of his moustache.

Claude: "Mais, back to you! I'd like you to wear something I made, if you have time...hmm..." He gained a sudden interest in Bobby's hair. "Although I think we'd have to send you to a coiffeur first..."

Alex: Alex was just writing up the order of another guest that had come in right afer he had finsihed with the first one, when he noticed the boss talking with Bobby. Uh oh...

Bobby: "Yeah, we go to school together. Hey!" Bobby ducked the fingers waving around his head. "Wear something? Look --" He managed not to call the guy Pepe le Pew, realizing this must be a manager or something.

Bobby: He spotted Alex across the restaurant and tried to make eye contact. Telepathic powers would be handy right now.

Claude: "Ah, and we cold make pictures of you as Yugi, the bigger one, together with Mononoke-hime! I'm sure one of the girls would do it, especially with a cute boy like you, non?" Once again he clapped his hands together in front of his chest, the idea he had had obviously made his day.

Alex: He noticed Bobby's glance and hurried to take the order. After he had taken the note with it over to the kitchen, he nearly ran back to his friend in distress.

Alex: "Oh, hello Mr. Decroix! I see you have met my frie-..." He stopped at the aroused finger of his boss.

Claude: "Comment?"

Alex: "Erm, Mr. Claude..." He nervously danced on his feet. "I think we're out of those 'Hello Kitty' business cards..."

Claude: "Oh no! Quelle catastrophe!" He hurried away into the direction of his office, but not without telling Bobby "Please think about my idea, qui?" over his shoulder.

Bobby: "Uhhh, okay." Bobby watched the guy scurry off, then turned to look at Alex with a questioning brow raised.

Alex: "Uhm, he...is, the, you know, owner..." It was a bit hard to explain the weird existence that was Claude Decroix, as nice a person he was. "He likes Japanese cartoons and pop-culture, he told me. Guess that's an explanation for the business idea, huh?"

Bobby: "Oh, yeah, I kinda got that...." Bobby grinned and relaxed a little, flipping the menu cover open and closed and looked around again. "And I gotta say, I like his idea... though I was a little worried Pepe there was trying to make me his bishonen."

Alex: "Bi...huh?" Alex blinked at that, Bobby used some weird words. Probably something sexual...

Alex: "Oh no, he just tries to get people that he thinks are beautiful in his self-made costumes and take pics of them. Like, he's made all of the maid uniforms himself and is all happy that he can have cute girls wearing them. I'd say the café is more his hobby than a business."

Alex: He shrugged. "Anyways, what do you want?"

Bobby: "That's cool, man. We'll have to have some of our geek nights here then! Doug would love this place, and Lorna and Lizzie would be amused too, I'm sure."

Bobby: He glanced down at the menu. "Uhm, I dunno, what would you suggest?" Bobby grinned, a thought surfacing. "Wait... how long have you been working here that you've been keeping this all hush-hush?"

Alex: His hand wandered up to his head to scratch it while he tried to remember. "Uhm, I think inofficially since before Valentine's, officially sice the day after. I wanted a job to buy something for Meggan, but Claude got sick and couldn't manage the hiring until after." He sighed heavily and wholeheartedly. "I still kept it, because...I just don't think what I have is enough for her anymore..."

Alex: Getting this back into mind made him a little bit depressed, so he sat down at the table too.

Bobby: "Oh.... yeah, I can sympathise, man. I got my job to afford to have a girlfriend again. They're worth it though, yeah?" He grinned wolfishly, unconsciously playing with his necklace.

Bobby: He took in Alex's heavy sigh and flop. "Though, y'know, you don't really need a lot of money to have fun, man."

Alex: "I don't want it for fun, Bobby..." He looked around, nearly suspiciously, and then got his wallet out. After searching around in it for a bit, he finally got a folded paper out of it. It was an ad out of a catalogue, and the foldings seemed all white and crumbly, like he had opened and closed it quite often, probably to look at it.

Alex: "I want to be able to afford this...and everything that it means." He reached it over to his friend.

Bobby: Bobby took the paper, straightening it out. "Oh, wow, man...." It was a ring, simple, but with diamonds and a square green solitare. He looked back up at Alex. "Really thinking of taking the plunge?"

Alex: Okay, that made him actually smile ironically. "one would think that you've been around long enough to see that she is good for me..." The smile vanished and made place for a very stern exression. "And I want to be good for her. This job may not be the greatest start, but it is one after all. I will save all the money I get and try to get at least a little headstart on life for the time when I will have to support the two of us."

Alex: He finally got up again. "But to do so I should try to not get fired, so I should get on with the working, right?" He winked at him. "Thank you so much for helping me, as I said, your order is on me."

Bobby: "Thanks. Yeah, well, finding a good woman makes all of us try to be something a little better." Bobby gave him a genuine smile and refolded the paper, handing it back. "Good luck, Alex."

Bobby: Bobby glanced at the menu one more time. "Mmm, I think a Pikachu burger sounds strangely horrifyingly good." He grinned.

Alex: "One Pika-Pika it is." He wrote it down. "And...thank you." He smiled back at him at least as genuinely and then hurried off to the kitchen.

Bobby: "No side of Squirtle fries," he chuckled to no one in particular, closing the menu. Hmmm. Yugi?
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I just about bust a gut laughing. :) Tooooo funny!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

LMAO

I would pay money to get my picture taken with Bobby-Yugi. Really.

This made my day.

The last part is soooooo cute, too. Do I hear bells a-ringing?
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

dear god. Claude is such an otaku.
But that was horrifyingly funny.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:LOL that was awesome. :D

and woo! Meggie and Alex! :bounce