12/6 Instance: Lost in Translation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timeline: Current.

Selene: Selene dug her hands deeper into the pockets of her coat. The air was still very chilly and the ground was wet from the rain that had fallen earlier. An ideal weather to get sick. But she didn't mind at all. The scenery around the mansion was quite fascinating and whenever she needed a break from the confined rooms inside, she'd venture out and investigate a bit on her own.

Selene: The path was muddy, so she walked on the grass lawn back towards the building. The best part of the outsides were that usually there was no one else around here. Or at least not too near. However, she was getting hungry, and so decided to head back inside. It was about time for her medication anyway.

Sean: Despite the chilly weather Sean felt the need to feed his nicotine addiction so he headed out the back door. As he walked out he noticed an unfamiliar figure. Well hello now who's this?

Selene: Approaching the patio on the back, Selene saw the guy she didn't knew out of the corner of her eye. This place seemed to be riddled with hidden people she hadn't met yet. Not that she'd go out of her way to find them. While she walked over towards the door, she pondered whether to actually say something or simply walk past. Maybe if she tried to look non-suspicious...

Sean: Sean noticed the girl making a beeline for the door. Me reputation precedes me I see He began to walk towards the girl, "Aye there why in such a hurry then?"

Selene: Selene stopped in front of the door, looking at the handle for a moment. All right, conversation time ahead. Those social skills were demanded again. She looked up and turned her head, watching Sean for a second or two. "Aye there, too?" Selene blinked once. "I'm on my way inside. To the kitchen. I wanted to get something to eat. That's why."

Sean: "I see...I haven't seen ye round the school much...possibly cuz I've been away but regardless allow me to introduce meself...Sean Cassidy," Sean said extending his hand.

Selene: "I haven't been here for long and around much." Selene looked down at the hand with half-closed eyes. What was she supposed to do again...? Ah, right, shaky-time. Just as with Lizzie. She got one hand out of her pocket, cautiously took his hand and gave it a shake. "Hello, Sean Cassidy. My name is Selene."

Sean: "Pleasure to meet ye Selene," Sean said kissing her hand as gentlemanly as he could. "So what do ye think of our little school ere...hopefully everyone's been right cordial to ye?"

Selene: Selene quirked an eyebrow and tensed up as he kissed her hand, wondering for a moment what that was supposed to be. Right, a courteous gesture, she remembered. How odd. "Ah, I think many things, But the people here have been rather benign so far. And interesting." She tilted her head slightly to the side. "You talk differently."

Sean: "Differently how lass?" Sean cocked an eyebrow. I wonder what she meant by that

Selene: "The words you are using." She stuffed both of her hands back into the pockets. "Like 'lass'. That's different from how the others speak. Are you not from around here?"

Sean: Sean relaxed slightly, "Aye that would be true lass...I'm from Ireland...me cousin Terry's a student here and she convinced me to come study here...can't say I've regretted it...so aren't ye a woman of few words there?"

Selene: "What do you mean? I know many words. I just don't use them often, so they're not worn off." Selene looked to the side, at the forest. "Ireland. That's far away. I've met Terry already. But I didn't know you are related."

Sean: "Aye...me mum and her da are brother and sister...I don't mean no offense by sayin ye are a woman of few words."

Selene: "Ah, I see." Selene looked back at Sean. "And I didn't take it as an offence, man of not so few words." Her gaze wandered around the patio and over the lawn beyond. She tried to think of something else to say, but quickly found herself lost in thought, absently looking at a statuette on the lawn.

Sean: Sean noticed Selene spacing out over his shoulder, "Is somethin botherin ye lass...ye seem sorta distant," Sean said attempting to get her focus.

Selene: Her eyes moved back to Sean and she blinked once, almost looking like she were surprised that he was still there. "Excuse me?" Selene quickly sorted her thought again. "Oh, no, I'm fine. Thank you. I'm just easily distracted at times."

Sean: Something's not quite right here "Ey it happens lass...we all get distracted sometimes...but I came out here for a smoke so would ye mind if I indulged my nictone fix?" Sean said as he reached for his cigarettes.

Selene: Selene nodded slowly, then gestured at his box of cigarettes. "No, go ahead."

Sean: Sean shrugged and lit up a cigarette making a concious effort to not exhale in Selene's face. "So where are ye from exactly lass."

Selene: After looking around, Selene pulled a hand out of her pocket and pointed at a point at the horizon. "I come from... there when I arrived here." She gave Sean an uneven look. "But I guess that won't help you much, am I right?" She was silent for a moment, then shrugged. "Let's say I have been here and there."

Sean: I'd run if she weren't so cute...but regardless she's fascinating "Unfortunatley not lass but I think I get watcha mean...it's kinda funny." Sean said before trailing off.

Selene: "And I wasn't even making a joke." Selene quirked an eyebrow, still looking at the fog that began to rise from the wet lawn near the woods. She had to admit she started to like this place. "Few people call me funny. Most use other words. But like I sad, I didn't stay in one place for very long."

Sean: Sean looked at her for a moment before realizing what she said, "Oh no lass ye misunderstand...I didn't finish me thought...It's just funny that an attractive lass such as yeself isn't surrounded by suitors." Sean said slightly nervously.

Selene: Selene tried to focus on the exercises she had been taught by Lizzie and Xavier to keep their thoughts separated. She tilted her head sideways and gave him a suspicious look. "Suitors...?" She frowned, pondering what he was talking about. Wait, he had called her attractive. "Ah, that is what you mean. No, don't worry, I have my ways to keep them at a distance."

Sean: Definatley fascinating "And how exactly is that if I may so bold as to ask lass?"

Selene: "You may freely pick the boldness of your questions, as I am free to pick the boldness of my reply." Selene's eyes narrowed for a short moment before she turned away to step over to the balustrade, placing her hands on top of it. "It varies. Most people tend to leave me alone after talking to me for a while." She paused. "In other cases, I have to rely on more... direct measures."

Sean: Ooh who knew this black violet had thorns...I'm liking her more and more the more we speak "Such as?" Sean asked with interest.

Selene: Selene absently twirled a strand of her hair around a finger. Oh, now haven't we found a nosy one? She closed her eyes for a second, pushing the voice away. "I wonder, would you really want to know? And if so, why?" She noticed that she was playing with her hair and stopped. "Believe me when I say they are usually effective."

Sean: "I wouldn't ask if I dint wanna know lass...and as for why...I'm simply curious since ye seem fairly fervent when ye said "direct measures" I'm fairly sure ye methods are effective."

Selene: "Oh, yes, they are." She glanced over her shoulder. Maybe he just wants you to show him? "Sometimes they hurt, though, too. Very unpleasant."

Sean: OK now she's startin to worry me

Sean: "Well I'm sure they are...but I mean ye do eventually wanna have a relationship don't ye...with these direct measures...might make that a bit difficult aye?"

Selene: "A relationship?" Selene frowned again. What was he talking about? The romantic kind of relationships? "Now, you don't see me keeping everyone away, no? For one thing, I do try to not scare off the people around here too much. They seem to be tolerable enough. And are interesting."

Sean: "Well ye haven't run me off so I suppose that says something lass...I dunno alls I'm sayin is if I knew ye a bit better I'd probly be first in line to ask ye to dinner or somesuch...but I've had enough troubles there so I'm tryin to focus on one woman at a time." And what a woman she is

Selene: "It says that I'd prefer to stay here to get Professor Xavier's lessons and don't want people to chase me away." Selene lowered her gaze as she played with one of the rings on her finger. She looked up and gave him a puzzled look. "You have troubles with dinner? Even I usually find eating to not be much of a challenge."

Sean: "Not dinner lass...women....I didn't realize American girls have a problem with the European way of doin things...caused a bit of a stir...ye know?"

Selene: "No, I don't know about these things." Selene folded her arms in front of her chest, pondering his words. "So, what you're saying basically is that you had problems with a woman, right?"

Sean: "A few actually but I've worked quite hard on meself and have focused me attentions on one particular girl."

Selene: Okay, it didn't interest he in the least, but the little she understood of social interaction, specifically smalltalk, told her that she was now supposed to ask which girl. At least, that's what the books and movies had taught her. "Oh, really? And who would that be?"

Sean: Sean blushed slightly, "It's Rogue...I dun know what it is about her but just seein her makes me feel all fuzzy or somesuch...I've actually been lookin fer her...haven't seen her round much."

Selene: Selene frowned. "A rogue made you feel fuzzy." She tapped a finger against her chin and made a thoughtful. "Have you considered that you might have been poisoned. As far as I know, rogues are infamous for that. Or were it assassins...? Or, ninjas? I sometimes get all those mixed up."

Sean: What is it...is this girl a robot or something "Not a rogue...Rogue....she's a student here...but she certainly has put a spell on me," Sean paused for a moment, "And I mean that figurativley."

Selene: "Ah, I see." Selene frowned nonetheless. "Her name is Rogue? How odd. I guess I haven't met her yet." Why would someone call herself Rogue if she weren't a rogue? Definitely suspicious. "But I think I will meet her sooner or later."

Sean: "She is kinda secretive...I think only Remy knows her real name...but nonetheless it is my intention to win her heart."

Selene: "Sounds messy. What would you want with her heart? Unless you know a good recipe for heart stew, of course." Selene made a sweeping gesture with one hand, but then frowned as she thought of something. "Oh, right, you mean that figuratively again."

Sean: "Aye that I do lass...I guess it's a curse of we Irish...we speak figurativley quite a bit." Sean flicked away his cigarette, "Oh I just realized ye were on yer way in to get some some food...don't let me hold ye up any further...was nice talking to ye Selene... I'll see ye around?"

Selene: "Yes. Lovely." Selene took a look at her clock. It was time anyway. Food and medicine. She looked up again, giving Sean a nod. "And I'd say the probability for that is rather high. So, see you." She looked at him for a moment longer, supposed that this was it and turned to head off inside.

Sean: As soon as she was outta sight Sean leaned on the railing and pulled out another cigarette. And people say I'm strange...but she is cute...I wonder where the hell Rogue is...hmmmm Aha the Rec Room
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Still at it? He's not figured out rogue has absolutely no attraction to him, then. Peachy.
Edit: Agreed with slarti, <3 Selene! She's awesomeness in human form. Now if only she'd stop stealing lemons...

[Edited on 6/12/07 by wingyding]
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

He's a persistant kind of guy.

<3 Selene!!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

I'm just loving Selene more and more.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

have to join the loving Selene club ;)
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I'm a Selene groupie too!

This was cute, both of you. Nice introduction.

I must close with

:tonguewag
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young