12/11 Instance: Vampires, Werewolves and Lemons, oh my!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Please timeline the day after 'Doing Better'

Selene: Selene took another deep breath, held it for several seconds, then slowly exhaled. The dormitory was silent early in the morning, with most students being in their classes. The perfect conditions for her first mediation session of the day, before she had to go and see Xavier again. She had shut the curtains in front of the window and had sat down on the floor in the lotus position, eyes closed.

Rahne: Rahne grumbled to herself as she dragged the last box to her new room, at least there weren't many people about ... she winced at the thought, yeah ... there wouldn't be since most of them had been taken by .. whatever.

Rahne: She came to the door and stopped, she could sense someone in the room ... it was the smell that hung around the room, must be her new roommate, well ... she supposed she'd better introduce herself ... she opened the door and poked her head in "Um ... hi?"

Selene: A small wince went through Selene's body as the door was suddenly opened, without announcement no less, and some voice spoke up. No wait, was it actually addressing her? She fought to retain her concentration, keeping her focus from slipping away again. It was hard enough to get to this point every day. But to no avail. Her concentration shattered, she opened a single eye to glare at the door.

Selene: Only to have both of them widen with pure shock as she saw the... face? Selene visibly backed away on the floor. What was that? A... a wolf? No, a... wolf-thing. She had never seen something like this before. At least not with her own eyes. Oh please, not another one of these things. As if there weren't enough of them tormenting her already. "Oh... no..."

Rahne: Rahne's eye widened, the girl looked and smelt upset, scared and confused ... maybe no one had warned her "Um ... it's okay ... I'm Rrrrrrahne, i'm gonna be sharrrring a rrrrroom wit' ye," she opened the door a little wider "I'm nae gonna hurrrrt ye ... arrrre ye Selene?"

Selene: Selene barely registered that the... werewolf - yes, this definitely looked like a werewolf, no doubt there - was talking to her in a barely comprehensible voice. She was too confused that she was actually seeing it in her room, even though she had just been meditating. And it looked scary. And dangerous. What if it meant her harm? Selene hastily crawled backwards and hid behind her bed.

Selene: Wait a second. It had opened the door. The things she saw never could do such a thing. She only saw them, there weren't real. Not real. But... that would mean that the werewolf was. She cowered behind the bed, breathing heavily, covering her head with her hands. She had to find out. Only one way to do that.

Selene: Glancing to the side, she spotted the lemon on top of her sideboard. Quickly grabbing it, she jumped up from behind the bed and tossed the fruit at the werewolf's head.

Rahne: Rahne took a step into the room, her face falling as the girl cowered away from her, hiding behind one of the beds "Hey ... look I'm nae gonna hurrr- hey!" She yelped as the girl grabbed a lemon off the sideboard and threw it at her, insintivly Rahne ducked and grabbed it out of the air, but her grip was still bad and she fumbled and dropped it "Wha' tha fuck!?" Rahne looked affronted "Wha yerrrr thrrrowin' frrruit at m' ferrrr!?"

Selene: Selene peeked out from behind the bed. It caught the lemon. The werewolf was actually real. All right, so this meant that she wasn't seeing things again, which was probably good. It also meant that a werewolf was standing in her room, which was probably not so good. And it was speaking. And had just asked her a question. Selene blinked at it.

Selene: "Who are you? What are you? Why are you here? What... what do you want of me?" Selene frowned, her eyes narrowing as she slightly ducked back behind the bed.

Rahne: Rahne tipped her head to the side and gave the girl a 'wtf' look ... hadn't anyone told her that they were gonna be roommates? And hadn't anyone ... warned her? She held up her hands and started to count off her fingers "I'm Rrrrrahne Sinclairrrr, I jus' tol' ye. I'm a mutan' like ye, ferrrral shapeshifterrr t' be prrrrecises. I'm herrrre 'cos i'm gonna be sharrrrrin' a rrrroom wit' ye and finally ... I dinnae wan' naethin' ... though some help wit' tha box would be apprrrriciated." She gestured to the box on the floor just outside the door.

Selene: Selene blinked some more, trying to understand what wolf had just said. However, it didn't seem interested in eating her, so Selene started to calm down. She leaned to the side to glance at said box, then back at the werewolf. "All right, Rahne Sinclair." Selene frowned and eventually stood up. "That seems to be your name, yes? As far as I could tell, at least. My name is Selene Gallio."

Selene: "So you say that you're a mutant, too?" Her gaze wandered up and down Rahne's body. "You look like a dog... wolf... werewolf... thing..." She startled a moment as she realized what Rahne had said. "And this is my room. And you didn't knock."

Rahne: Rahne's yellow eyes narrowed " Aye ... well i'm currrrren'ly sufferrrrrin' frrrr'm some speech prrroblems, so yerrrrr gonna hafta bearrrrrrr wit' me, Selene Gallio."

Rahne: She gave the dark haired girl a dull look "Well ... yerrr look like yerrrr'd burrrst inta flame if ye steped inta sunligh', bu' I doubt tha so don' go rrrrreachin' ferrrr yerrrrr silverrrr jus' yet .... an' this is ourrrrr rrrrroom lass, we'rrrrre sharrrin'," Rahne folded her arms and laid her ears back.

Selene: Selene gave Rahne a confused look, the shook her head. "But, I didn't ask to share my room with anyone. This has to be misunderstanding." She folded her arms in front of her chest. "I need my privacy. I can't sleep in the same room with someone else. How am I supposed to get some rest then?" Frowning again, she looked Rahne's impressive but frightening form up and down.

Selene: "Besides, I'm very sorry to say that, but you do look dangerous. And who would ever agree to put me in one room with a wolf-beast-feral-mutant-whatever? And a male one, no less." Selene drew her breath in audibly. "Who can say that you're not going to try to assault me?"

Rahne: "Wha-ugh?" Rahne gaped at Selene "... Arrrrre you serrrrious?" Jeeze, what was it with her and roomates? First Jubulation, who was anything but, then super pop-tart bitch from hell Ali and now ... "These arrrrre co-hab dorrrrrms," Rahne said slowly, like she was explaining to a small child "Tha' means yerrrr meant t' ... ye know ... co-habitate ... wit' o'errr people," she added just in case Selene hadn't got it.

Rahne: "An ferrr yerrr infomation ...." Rahne looked down at herself and sighed "I'm acctually a lass, as in a girrrrl? Though I'll give ye tha' ... kinda harrrrd t' tell wit' me 'less ye know ..." she conceded a little huffily, ears still flat and her tail held out behind her.

Selene: Selene began to pace up and down the room behind her bed. "This is ridiculous. I told people that I need my privacy. It's essential to me." She shook her head, more or less speaking to herself now. "The other mentioned mentioned something like having roommates, but I was certain that there would be an exception made for me." She stopped and turned back to face Rahne.

Selene: "You're a female?" Selene intently stared at Rahne, looking her up and down again. "You are right. It is hard to tell. But I guess I shall take you word for it." She went back to folding her arms. "Not that it makes much of a difference." Then her eyes fell on the other bed inside the room and she pointed at it with one hand. "So... that means... you are going to sleep... there?"

Rahne: Rahne watched the girl pace back and forth with a bemused expression on her face ... she was torn between annoyed and confused and was also wonedring if maybe there was inally someone at the school crazier then her. "Aye, I'm female, she snapped, going for annoyed "orrrr is 'Rrrrrahne' a common lads name wherrrrre yerrr frrr'm?" her gaze followed where Selene was pointing and her frown deepened.

Rahne: "Nae ... at tha end o' tha day s'meone takes m' batterrrrries ou' an I fould up inta cupboarrrrrd, whatta yerrr thin'!?" she growled sarcastically.

Selene: "Really?" Selene gave Rahne a surprised look. Right, she had mentioned being a shape-shifter "Now that is practical. Why didn't you tell earlier? Wait a second, I have an idea." She looked around, then stepped over to the locker on the other side of the room, opening it to pull out one of the drawers. She awkwardly gesticulated at it. "Maybe, you could sleep in here then when you're done with the folding up?"

Selene: Selene glanced over her shoulder, still somewhat warily. "And no. I wouldn't know that Rahne is a female name or a male name or a dog's name or whatever. I actually haven't heard it that often in my life." She paced again, back to her side. "Or maybe I did and just can't remember."

Rahne: Rahne just stared at her ... oooookay, yeah ... this lass was crazier then her, either that or ... "Umm ... na'errrr min', look i'm gonna hafta sleep herrrr cos tha's naewherrre else ferrr me," she said as kindly as she could "bu' i'm prrrrretty easy t' get lon' wit' I guess, I tidy up afterrrr m'sel an' stuff."

Rahne: "I'm ..." how could she explain this "I'm nae verrry well though, so I may be a bit .... wierrrrd s'metimes bu' I'm harrrrmless," mostly Rahne tried a smile.

Selene: "All right... all right..." What should she do now? This... wolf... girl... apparently wouldn't leave and seemed determined to stay here. Selene stopped her pacing once again. "So, let's say this really is not a misunderstanding and we will have to share this room after all - at least until this gets settled and everyone has a private place for herself - how is this supposed to work?"

Selene: "I never had a dog... wolf... wolf-girl... roommate... before." Selene fidgeted with her hair, looking to the right and left. Had Rahne just said that she was crazy? Oh how wonderful. "And what do you mean by weird? Weird like me weird or weirder weird?" Selene sighed and hung her head. "Well, at least you said that you are already housebroken. That's something."

Rahne: Rahne felt her hands tighten as she listened to the girl prattle on, okay, she wasn't sure how much of this was pure rudeness and how much was just plain idiocy "Look," she said as paticently as she could "I'm trrrryin' t' be nice herrre, how this worrrrks is i sleep herre, yerrr sleep herre, we both keep ourrr stuff in herrre, tha's how this worrrks!"

Rahne: She forced herself to reign her temper in "I dinnae, how wierrrd is wierrrd!? How 'bout ey-" she stoped, she was not going to start thinking of the eyes and the voice again. As the housebroken comment she just gave an irritated shrug "Yerr know wha ... ferrrget it, yerrr jus' d' yerrr thin' an' I'll d' mine!" She turned around and started to drag the last box in, she didn't trust her grip to not drop it.

Selene: Selene tilted her head to the side and looked at Rahne as she started to drag the box into the room. She let out another sigh and slumped down on her bed, silently watching the other girl with folded arms, her fingers hectically playing with a strand of her own hair. "If you say so," she eventually muttered, breathing deeply. "Apparently we have no choice."

Selene: "Unless one of us gets another place to sleep, of course." Selene looked at the blank wall. "The sofa down in the community room looks quite comfortable, don't you think? Or have you thought about the attic?" You should try to be polite. She shook her head. Do you really want to upset people that much? That's what you are doing. Don't you know better by now?

Rahne: That did it! In an instance Rahne was standing infront of Selene, towering over her and backing her up into a corner, snarling "Rrrrrrrrigh' yerrr wee gallaaarrrrr," she half snarled, half slurred, her voice becoming even thicker, "Rrrrrrless jus' get s'me thin'ssss ssstrrrraigh herrre, thisss is my rrrrroom t', an' I dinnae carrrrre what' yerrrr thin' o' d' bu' i'm sleepin herrrre wwwheatherrrr yerrr like it o' nae! Rrrrri've assss much rrrrigh' t' a bed o' a rrrrroom as yerrr!!"

Selene: Selene scamper backwards, away from Rahne, until her back presses against the wall in the corner. Watch out, she's going to eat your face! Blinking at Rahne with a mix of fear, panic, confusion and anger in her eyes, she tried to somewhat stand self-assuredly. "I barely understood a word," Selene carefully worded. This one actually seemed to be as dangerous as she looked.

Selene: "But I guess you tried to tell me that you're going to stay here." Selene gave Rahne an intense look. She believed to have heard something along the lines that such beasts would go even more after one if they noticed ones fear. She breathed deeply. Selene did not want to back down because of physical threats. Get your act together at least once! She eventually nodded once. "Very well."

Rahne: Rahne backed away "Good," she spat, before stalking over to where she'd left the box and started pushing it across the floor.

Selene: Selene remained where she was, leaned against the wall, and watched Rahne drag her things into her... their room. Oh well, at least she still had her face. "Fine, now that we have settled this, you should know that I have certain habits. For one, I do need at least some privacy. I hope you'll be fine with this." She pointed at the furniture. "I understand you take one half of the room and I the other half, yes?"

Rahne: Rahne turned to look at her "Aye ... well i've got doctorrrr's 'pointmen's an' i'll be starrrtin' classes soon ... than therrrre's trrrainin' ..." she shrugged "I'll be ou' an 'bout so yerrrr'll get prrrivacy."

Rahne: She looked around the room "Aye ... tha's why tha's t' o' everrrythin'." She said flatly.

Selene: "Makes sense." Selene looked around the room, which was still entirely bland and undecorated. "I guess that will work. I have to see Professor Xavier and some of the other teachers, as well. Besides, there are several secluded places in the mansion for me to use. So maybe we'll both be able to maintain a certain privacy."

Selene: "I also take it that your things are yours and mine are mine." Selene frowned, folding her arms again. "So I can be sure you won't sniff, scratch, shed or drool over my private possessions, right?" She tilted her head before adding: "I promise that I won't do the same."

Rahne: Rahne used her claws to tear open the tape holding the box shut "Okay, look, jus' 'cos I look like a wolf disnae mean I act like a fuckin' dog, 'kay!? I mean ... yerrrr look like a zombie bu' i'm nae askin' yerrr t' rrrrefrrrrain fr'm eatin' m' brrrrains am I?" Rahne had no idea wheather this girl was just ... not all there or if she was deliberetly wound up, either way her mood had nosedived.

Selene: "I wouldn't want to eat your brains anyway. I guess they wouldn't taste very well." Selene leaned to the side to curiously look past Rahne's shoulder at her box. Her fingers nervously tapped against her upper arms. You are upset because she made you back down, aren't you? "I am simply somewhat concerned, that's all. After all, you just snarled at me."

Selene: "So I don't think that having us share a room is a particularly wise idea. I guess you will agree with me on this part, no?"

Rahne: "Aye? Well yerrr jus' assulted me wit' a lemon, insulted m', suggested tha I shoul' sleep elsewherrrre an' all in all have been generrrally a wee snotty cow t' s'meone who yerrr only jus' met, I thin' i'm entitled t' s'me snarrrrlin', don't yerrr?"

Rahne: "An aye, I 'grrrrree, bu' we'rrrrre stuck wit' each o'er s' we'rrrre gonna hafta lump it, eh?" She turned around and gave Selene a venemous look "Bu' I tell yerrrrr one thin' ... I ain't bein' forrrrced outta 'notherrrr rrrrroom."

Selene: "I see," Selene said dryly, glaring at Rahne through a few loose strands of her own hair. "How unfortunate for both of us." Don't you want to be nice to her? Maybe you two will become friends... No, you can't let her stay here. It's your room, and you know what happens to people who get too close to you... You will hurt her or she will hurt you, get her out!

Selene: Selene kept on staring while her mind raced. What should she do? Letting Rahne share a room with her seemed to be a too great risk. "Perhaps we can talk to Professor Xavier and find a way how we both can have separate rooms. He should be able to solve this problem in a civilized manner. You do understand what civilized means, do you?" Maybe this would do the trick.

Rahne: Rahne stood up again "Aye, it's s'methin' tha outta tha two o' us in herrrre i'm tha only one actually bein' it." She snapped.\

Selene: "Fine, suit yourself." This wasn't working. She would have to resort to stronger measures to get the other girl out of her room. Maybe if she knew that it would be for the best of both of you... No, just kick her out already! Selene sat down on her bad, facing away from Rahne. "If you absolutely must stay, make sure to keep away from my bed. I have no need for lice."

Selene: "Or I could give you one of these lice collars. You know, as a welcoming present." Selene's started to rummage through her sideboard, nonchalantly adding: "Oh, and please make at least sure to not drag any dead animals in here. You'll just get blood on my clothes and into the carpet that way."

Rahne: Rahne managed to keep her composure "Fleas ... if yerr wanna be accurrrrat," she said stiffly, a muscle under one eye starting to twitch, "an' ... tell yerrr wha' ... i'll make surrrre t' keep tha currrtain's closed so yerrrrr don' burrrrrst inta flames ... though I thin' soot woul' be an imprrrrovemen' on yerrr currren' look." She was clencing her fists and felt her claws dig in, cutting the skin, the pain forcing her to stay focused on not loosing her temper with the bitch.

Selene: "Lice... fleas... whatever. Nasty little animals in any case. Of course you'd know about them." Selene closed the drawer of her nightstand and stood up, walked over to the window and started to tap her foot. She glanced out of the window, trying to not show that she was starting to lose her focus, as well. The thought that someone would live that close to her again made her uncomfortable.

Selene: "Maybe we should start to focus on the positive sides of this arrangement then..." Selene whirled around and lifted a finger. "Ah, I just get a fabulous idea this very moment. Wouldn't we safe plenty of space for additional furniture if we got rid of your bed? It wouldn't be a problem for you, right? I guess a cozy basket should suit you just well."

Rahne: I'mnotgonnahitheri'mNOT ... no matter how much she deserves it ... Rahne stood up, once again towering over her, she ... didn't want to hurt her but she had to make her shut up!! Maybe she could scare her?

Rahne: She leaned down so that Selene had a good view of her long fangs and yellow eyes "Yerrrr rrrreally fuckin' stupid yerrrr know tha'? Yerrr know wherrrre I've been ferrr tha las' few months?" She said, her voice a honeyed purr of menance, "I've been livin' wild as a wolf ... an' yerrr know how wolves sort ou' terrrritorrrrrry prrrrroblems?" She held up a hand, showing of her claws.

Rahne: "Dinnae push it, brat!"

Selene: Selene's eyes narrowed, but inwardly her pulse quickened. Okay, so insulting the werewolf did have the opposite effect of driving her away. Who could have guessed? Selene would file this decision as one of her more imprudent ones. Don't show fear now... don't show it... And what now? She could either back down, in which case she'd end up looking like a huge fool, or try to stand her ground.

Selene: Selene knew that she was in a weakened state and Rahne looked terribly big, tough and strong. Not to forget those claws and fangs. But one of them had to leave this room, anything else would be too dangerous. And Selene had been here first, after all. Maybe if she put her remaining power into her strength she would be able to show Rahne that she wasn't defenseless. Selene didn't dare to use her other gifts.

Selene: "Don't threaten me, wolf." Selene hissed with clenched teeth, glaring at Rahne. "This is my room, and I don't intend to share it with anyone. I'd appreciate it if you left. Now." She put her hands on Rahne's shoulder and pushed her towards the door. At the same time she hoped that the other girl wouldn't tear her face off.

Rahne: As Selene reached to push her shoulder Rahne reacted insinctivly and her training took over. She grabbed Selene's wrist in one hand, the other darting forward and pulling the girl's shoulder down until the arm twisted up behind her back, forced against the joint and Selene was forced down and towards Rahne, her upper body at right angle to her lower. Rahne did this untill she heard the other girl yelp in pain, the whole thing took less then three seconds.

Rahne: "If I did this a wee bit harrrder, I'd brrrreak yerrr arrrm ... an' I've brrroken a fairrrr few arrrms in m' time s' I know," she bent the arm back just a little further to hammer the point home, her voice was a low, level growl of promise as she held the girl still.

Rahne: "S' .... yerrr got tha point yet this is ourrrr rrrroom ... an' trrryin' t' be a smarrrt ass ain't so good ferrrr yerrrr health, lass."

Selene: "Letmego! Letmego! Letmego!" Selene was momentarily overwhelmed by the intense pain and let out another scream. She instinctively wanted to lash out with her mental powers, but the searing pain disrupted her concentration, so all she managed to do was throw her nightstand against the other room with her telekinesis. "I said let me go, you crazy wolf-girl!"

Selene: She found herself trapped in Rahne's grip, rendered helpless. She was unable to reach her with the other arm, could not focus to use her mental powers and lacked the reserves to further increase her strength. Looks like you've found yourself in a dead end there, wouldn't you agree? Selene snarled, then stopped struggling. "Fine... so be it. This is... our room. Suit yourself. Now let me go!"

Rahne: Rahne watched the nightstand go flying and raised an eyebrow A psychic? Oh greaaaaat. "Good lass," she released the hold she had on Selene, but held her so taht she didn't fall "Bu' nae t' brrrigh' ... worrrd o' advice, dinane trrry an flail at s'meone who's had arrrrmy trrrrainin' ontop of X-men." Once she was sure Selene wouldn't fall she let go and backed away "S' ... yerrr gonna play nice now 'eh?"

Selene: Selene slowly backed off to her side of the room, staring at Rahne. Now that the grip was gone, the pain quickly subsided. "I shall remember that." Selene found that she had to accept the fact that Rahne would not be thrown out, neither by word not by actions. "And I admire your determination." Eventually she nodded. "If you so badly want to share this room with me, that's how it's going to be then."

Selene: She turned towards the nightstand and picked it up. "Although I'm sure you'll regret your triumph quite soon." Selene clenched her jaw in frustration as she carried the nightstand back to its place. "Foolish girl." She shook her head. "I was only trying to do you a favour, can't you see this?"

Rahne: Rahne tipped her head to the side "Yerrr a funny one, ain'tcha? An' how exactly is m' sleepin' on tha sofa betterrrr ... dinnae ye know tha's bad ferrr yerrr back in tha lon' run?"

Selene: Selene started at the wall, gesticulating with one hand, while the other fidgeted with her hair. "In case you didn't notice... there are things... wrong with me. I don't want to be near people, and they don't want to be near me." She shot a quick glance at Rahne. "Eventually everyone regrets keeping me company. I guess they'd prefer a pained back to my presence."

Rahne: Ahhh ... so she was messed in the head then ... oookay "An' yerrr thin' I'm perrrfectly 'kay?" She asked Selene quietly, "In anycase .... yerrr'll prrrrobably fin' yerrrsel' wit' tha sore back afterrr a few nigh's ...." Rahne shrugged and sat down on the bed.

Selene: "To be honest, I think you are messed up as I am. That is the reason why I wanted to make you leave at any cost after finding out that you have a... similar nature." Selene flopped down on the bed opposite of Rahne, dragging her fingertips over her face. "If we share this room... it would be dangerous... for both of us... I don't want... anything to happen to... anyone."

Rahne: Rahne blinked, feeling the begining of the old paranoia starting to creep back in from the dark part of her mind, she so didn't need this right now "Naethin's gonna happen s' lon' as we'rrrrre carrrrefull, 'kay? An' I am ... I dinnae wan' anythin' bad t' happen."

Selene: Selene looked at Rahne through the gaps between her fingers. She took a deep breath. "I agree." She lowered her hand, studying Rahne's features for a moment. "So we're stuck with each other. Very well. And I guess each of us has seen what we've gotten ourselves into." She tilted her head to the side. "I have no idea what will happen and I can't guarantee that this will work out."

Selene: "Are you absolutely certain you won't prefer the sofa or the attic to me?"

Rahne: "Positive, m' las' rrroomate used t' lock me outta tha rrrroom, I didn't 'joy havin' t' sleep in rrrandom places ... an' wha' can I say? I'm surrrre yerrr canna have t' much excitemen'." She grinned wickedly.

Selene: "Very well." Selene slowly nodded, although she couldn't rule out the possibility that this would end in a terrible disaster. In fact, she fully expected exactly that to happen. "Welcome to my... our room then. You can't say I didn't warn you." As Selene glanced at Rahne's face, her lips formed the tiniest of wry smiles. "Don't complain if you end up as crazy as me."

Rahne: Rahne smirked and leaned back on the bed foulding her arms behind her head "Oh believe me ... I prrrobably alrrrready am ..."

[Edited on 12-12-2007 by Slarti]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

italics of doom!
Very nice instance, it was very cute. Rahne and Selene are going to be interesting to see living together.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Oh this is going to be delightful! Nothing quite like assaulting people with lemons.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Lemons! Also:
"Well ... yerrr look like yerrrr'd burrrst inta flame if ye steped inta sunligh', bu' I doubt tha so don' go rrrrreachin' ferrrr yerrrrr silverrrr jus' yet ....
:LMAO <3

I fixxored the italics of doom.