12/12 Instance: The art of retaliation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline sometime after trying again

Rahne: Rahne took a deep breath as she stood outside Farouk's office ... she knew that really she should talk to Xaiver about this but ... well ... Farouk was a nasty piece of work who didn't mince words, and right now she wanted the cold, hard truth about the options avaliable to her with her recently awaked 'secondary powers'.

Rahne: On the other hand .... he was hardly likely to be impressed by her slurring and snarling at him ... so she focused like she'd done before, hoping that he's left the channel open .. or whatever the hell you called it

Farouk: Amahl was sitting in his comfy chair, reading his (imported) sunday times, when suddenly his ears started to hurt. Well, not his physical ears, though...

Farouk:

Rahne: Rahne sighed, what was it with people and being overdramatic ... then again, not that she could talk ...

Farouk: He rose an eyebrow. This will be interesting..., he thought with a shielded mind.

Rahne: Rahne opened the door and smiled thinly, nope she still disliked the guy but ... means to an end "Than' ye, Doctorrrrr." She walked in and grabbed one of the high-backed chairs, swung it around and sat on it backwards, her chin in her hand and raised an eyebrow at him

Farouk: Her respectless way of talking annoyed him, but he wouldn't let her notice, so he continued to read in his newspaper, looking over the edge from time to time.

Rahne: Rahne wtached him for a minute, he was starting to smell a little irrate and she smiled

Farouk: Oh, riot in the House of Lords? I wouldn't have thought they could muster more strength up than is necessary to breathe...

Rahne: Rahne snorted a laugh

Farouk: He turned another page. Great, the cartoons!

Rahne: Rahne rolled her eyes

Farouk: "Oh." He put the newspaper away.

Rahne: Rahne tapped her claws on the back of the chair

Rahne:

Rahne: And don't I know it, she though to herself before continuing

Farouk: He leaned back, a nasty and yet satisfied smile on his face.

Farouk:

Farouk: He thought for a second.

Rahne: Rahne shook her head

Farouk:

Rahne: Rahne nodded, yep, it made sense. She's learnt that when a telepath was concentrating on something it made them physicaly vunrable.

Farouk: He concentrated for a second, then he pulled himself and her into a vortex of thoughts, which after only a mere second spit them out into a world of darkness, stars, coloured holes in the sky, and a constant humming...

Farouk: "There aren't miles. They are either millenia or just one step."

Rahne: Rahne gasped and looked around her "What the? What've you done!?" she demanded "Where-huh?" She gaped at Farouk ... who she presumed was Farouk, it smelt like him (though smell in this place was wierd), but she was pretty sure that Farouk wasn't that toned unless he wore a very convincing fat-suit ... and he was wearing armour that made her think of that Gladiator movie.

Rahne: "What's with the leather mini-skirt?" Rahne asked before looking down at herself, she blinked. She looked alot more ... wolfish then she normally did, though an experimental wave of her arm proved that she could still move it like a human one ... and both her hands were caked in blood. There was something faintly familiar about that ... "What the hell have you done!?" She snapped again "what is this, you're fucking me about I'll tear your throat out, even if it takes me a few goes to get through the fat!"

Rahne: "What the hell have you done!?" She snapped again "what is this, you're fucking me about I'll tear your throat out, even if it takes me a few goes to get through the fat!"

Rahne: Then she paused as her ears caught up with her, she was speaking without slurring or an accent, this connected with the bloodstained hands and looked around her again "Is ... are we astraling?" She asked in a much calmer voice.

Farouk: "This, my hot-tempered student, is the astral plane. See it as a proof that you were right to come to me, because only few others enable you to visit it." He folded his arms in front of his big chest.

Farouk: "In here, we assume the form we see as most fitting for us..." He gave wolf-Rahne a smirk. "...And any telepathical 'transaction' uses this highway of thought."

Rahne: "I think I used the astral plane to talk to TJ while I was living as a wolf, my human concious was burried underneath the wolf's and I was reaching out blindly ... but I never saw anything like this ... it looks like an acid trip or something." She gave farouk an apprasing look "So you see the form most fitting you as wearing a skirt? Couldn't you get fired for doing that infront of a student?" She grinned widly.

Farouk: "Depends, I imagine you would be kicked out of school for doing some of the things over there, though..." He pointed over her shoulder towards a few gaps in the sky that had opened right behind her. In them were scenes from her fooling around with Victor, smoking,...

Rahne: Rahne spun around "Hey! What the hell are those! Get out of my head! Those are private!" She drew one hand back into a position to strike, the claws visiably lenghtening.

Farouk: "Heh, interesting. And how would you do this, being on my turf and all?"

Rahne: "What do you mean by that?" Rahne sighed, "Look, it's very pretty and amazing an all but is there any point to all this? You said I had to distract someone who was attacking me?" She wasn't so sure if this was a good idea now, the 'my turf' sounded pretty ominous ...#

Farouk: He sighed at that. This girl wasn't one of the faster brains around...

Farouk: "Let's try it that way, Miss Sinclair: How do you hurt another person?"

Rahne: "Physically or emotionally?" Rahne shrugged, "Well you can punch them, break limbs, scratch, bite for physicaly pain, emotional you do stuff like ... turn people against them, make them feel like shit ... stuff like that."

Farouk: "No, not 'how you cause wounds', or 'how you make them feel bad', how do you hurt them, how do you cause wounds from within?"

Rahne: Rahne looked thoughtful for a moment the shook her head "Umm ... I dunno," she had the feeling that this was probably going to be one of those questions where the answer was going to be glareingly and embaressinly simple when revelaed ...

Farouk: The holes with the scenes appeared again, this time surrounding them and wavering around in circles.

Farouk: "Memories, Miss Sinclair, things that make us us, that make our personality! A big love..." He pointed at a scene of her kissing Victor.

Farouk: "...Times that saw us at our best..." Another scene, this time her at the court, Victor's trial.

Farouk: "...And those that saw us at our worst." All of the holes now showed her, sinking deep into cold dark water.

Farouk: "What if I would try to take away all the good you have seen, and only 'grace# you with the bad anymore, Miss Sinclaire? Would you still be as bratty as you were just a few moments ago?"

Rahne: Rahne narrowed her eyes "No .. but I think if you did that I'd tear you limb from limb," one of the circles behind her flashed, showing a bloody Rahne laying on the floor with a malformed man pinning her to the floor, the image took on a red huge as Rahne's eyes seemed to fill with blood and her mouth twisted.

Rahne: It showed her free her hands, already forming into muscular arms and reaching up, swinging around, one tearing out the man's throat, the other opening his chest like a clam. Rahne didn't notice the grisily scene behind her as she continued "ButI stil don't see what you're getting at, I don't think i'm strong enough to brain rape anyone, and that's one of the things I would never do."

Rahne: Beaing as I've been on the reciving end of it she though grimly to herself, remebering the icy needle touch of Avarice ... but that's why she was here, so that it wouldn't happen again.

Farouk: "Hmm..." Interesting. "I don't tell you to 'mind-rape' anyone, this would be offensive. If one attacks you, he or she will ultimately reveal to you the mean to her or his demise. The question, child, is now: Can you afford to not use it, considering what happened the last time you couldn't defend yourself?" He pointed at the hole over her shoulder.

Rahne: Rahne glanced behind her and the tone of her fur paled at what she saw, she turned around and shoved that memory back into it's lock corner andthe image switched off "Okay ... I guess you have a point there." She conceded.

Farouk: "Excellent. I assume you do realize that what I have to teach you isn't only a matter of a few minutes?"

Rahne: "Well yeah, I'd imagine that it's pretty complicated doing all this sorta stuff right?"

Farouk: "It is a matter of time and dedication...and practice!" He gave her a dry smile. "I hope you understand that I can only offer you the training grounds, as it will be easier here, but I can't be your test subject while doing so..." As if I would.

Rahne: Rahne shrugged at that "Like anything worth doing, then," she smiled at his last comment "And I don't blame you, sir."

Farouk: "I wouldn't have thought anything else of you. However, I might suggest you using a person you are very familiar with, regarding the practice, since a close relationship will provide a better platform to start from."

Rahne: Rahne frowned at that "You want me to pratice retalliating with a friend? But ... i'm praticing defending and the only psychic i'm close with is TJ ... and she's not strong enough to do anything like that ... at least I don't think so ..."

Farouk: "Oh, for practice pusposes a non psychic will do. I remember you having a strong relationship with Mister Creed before you...well, 'left' us, is that still the case?"

Rahne: Rahne gave him an apparsing look "For one, Victor is immune to psychic attacks, I would have though you knew that, and two ... what exactly are you getting at her? What are you going to teach me?" She foulded her arms.

Farouk: "Oh well, for one, if I invite him in here, his physical or mental barriers wouldn't mean anything, and for two..." He now also folded his arms, mocking her gesture a bit. "I would teach you drawing up memories, strong memories out of the consciousness from eventual attackers, which should cause them to lose their control over you."

Rahne: Rahne put her head to the side "Oooh ... right I think I get you now. So I'd be pulling up Vic's memories and showing them to him? Strong ones ..." she hessitated, she knew fully what lurked in the dark corners of his memory "Umm ... they don't have to be bad ones though, do they?"

Farouk: "Well, they are mostly the strongest ones, but it's basically the same." He shrugged at her. "Your decision."

Rahne: Rahne thought about Vic ... and thought about what some of his 'stronger' memories would be and smirked a little ... those would probably be a little distracting "Well, I guess it's up to him really if he wants to do it, but first you're gonna have to show me how right?"

Farouk: yes, but as I said, not on myself." He pointed at the holes around them. "It will be mostly like these, although you can also choose to revive those events if you were part of them."

Rahne: Rahne's ears perked up at that "You mean revive as relive?" Like the sound of that already. She grinned. "Okay, Doctor, you'd better tell me how to do it then."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

:shifty
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Vic is now fairly paranoid....:shifty

Awesome instance though, guys - the more I see of Farouk, the more I like him :D
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art