12/12 Instance: Apologies are Hard

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

Rachel sighed and stared at the door. Why the hell was she so freaked out about this? She could almost kill herself twice, but when it came to apologizing she freaked out. How did that make sense? It's been like five minutes. Knock already, she told herself.

Not like knocking is going to kill you. Taking a deep breath, Rachel forced herself to lift her arm and knock.

Josh turned the water off and leaned his forehead against the shower door, heaving a deep sigh. For a moment he stood that way, face scrunched up, taking deep breaths. A faint noise caught his attention - someone knocking on the door?

With a groan, Josh grabbed a towel and tied it around his waist. As he stepped out of the bathroom, he glanced at his reflection in the mirror. Hollow yellow eyes stared back at him mirthlessly. He could almost kick himself. He was the one who had made himself so lonely. If it wasn't for his... crappy attitude and general lack of sense, Rachel wouldn't be mad at him.

"Yeah, I'm coming." He opened the door and blanched. Speak of the devil. "... Rae."

Rachel blinked and opened her mouth to say someting but couldn't find the words. "Uhh..." Say something! Anything! ...That's not stupid! "...Hey..."

Of all the people to be at his door. Suddenly self-conscious, Josh bit his lip, eyes flicking to the side. "... Hey," he repeated. Smooth, Foley. He rested his forehead against the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I..I'm sorry..." she looked at hte floor, trying not to stare at him, which was kinda hard...no shirt and everything...

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "... You don't have anything to be sorry for."

"I shouldn't have told you to fuck off," Rachel admitted as she ran a hand through her hair, sneaking a glance at him.

"Yeah, well..." He squirmed uncomfortably. "I shouldn't have left." He opened the door wider. "Want to come in?"

"...Sure," she slipped past him into the room. "I'm kinda glad you did. My teke was...ugh. Wouldn't of wanted anything to hit you."

"Yeah, I guess so. I'll just be a second." He went into the bathroom and put on a fresh T-shirt and cargo pants, and gave his hair a quick dry with the towel. Then padded out in sandals and stood a bit away from her, hands in his pockets.

"If I'm supposed to same I'm sorry back... that'd be the right thing to do I guess. And I am." He spread his hands. "Sorry, that is. Sorry we fought. I don't like fighting with you. I hate that I hurt your feelings. You looked pretty messed up when I left. And teke or no teke - I knew even then that I shouldn't have left you."

Rachel waited for him as he changed, slightly disappointed, but they had more important things to do, like talk. "Yeah, well...fighting isn't all that appealing to me either, and I kinda looked like that before you came in. I don't blame you for leaving though...would've done the same thing..."

"It was the fact that you looked like that before I came in that gets me. I should have been there for you. Instead I just made things worse." He sat down on the bed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "And then instead of trying to make things right, I just kept avoiding you. I'm a real ass."

"You are sometimes," she agreed and hesitantly sat down next to him. Rachel watched him for a moment before wrapping an arm around him, "You can't me that I'm not difficult to deal with at times though."

He made a sort of noncommittal grunt, but didn't pull away from her arm. He turned his head and searched her face, wearing a deep frown. "Just explain this to me, Rae," he said softly. "Just tell me exactly why you want to go out there with... your team." He didn't let himself say "in danger." They'd already fought enough. "I just need a straight answer."

"Because I want to help, and I'm actually doing something good. And, last time I didn't do anything to help. Really just showd up at training. I was too busy cutting to care."

He nodded slowly. "Okay. I can understand that." Even admire it. He was scared just imagining the possible scenarios that their kidnapped friends could be involved in. He wondered where she found the courage to so readily run into the fight. "I can't be happy about it, but that's because I care about you. You know that, right?"

"I do now. Well, I kinda figured, but you couldn't have just said that?" Rachel rolled her eyes. Great whole thing could've been avoided.

He almost got defensive, but managed to remind himself that he didn't want another argument. And, well, he deserved it. "Well, you know me. Ain't I the most tempermental guy around." He was relieved, though. His last girlfriend would never have forgiven him so quickly. He wasn't completely happy, but that was to expected. Nothing was normal right now. "I am sorry for screwing up."

She shrugged, "It's okay. Shit happens, but we're okay now?"

He gave her a grin. "Yeah. I hope so. I wouldn't want to be anything else." His arm snaked around her waist and he gently tugged her into a hug.

"Good," she let out a breath and smiled. Pulling away from the hug, she leaned up and pressed her lips against his.

He responded immediately, kissing her as sweetly as he could, to confirm he was sorry. His arms slid around her back, reaching up to massage her shoulders. "Yeah, ok," he said as they broke away. "This is the best part of fighting."

"Yeah, it is. Too bad you had to go get dressed," she nodded with a smirk. "Oh, Rogue heard us. Well, the yelling. Didn't get what was being said. Guess what she thought was going on."

"Erg," Josh winced visibly. Rogue had heard them? "She's out to kill me, isn't she?" He shook his head. "I dunno - playing Guitar Hero?"

"No, she's not out to kill you. She didn't think we were arguing until I told her. She thought grudge sex..."

He snorted, and fell on his side with a full belly laugh. "Are we that bad?" he cried when he could speak again. "Geez, if only!"

She just shook her head, snickering, "I don't think we are..."

He kissed her again, first on both her cheeks, then her lips, and touched her hair. "It really is a pretty color," he said, smirking.

"You picked it, so I would hope you think so," she pointed out with a grin. Rachel sighed and leaned against him. How'd she manage a few days without this?

He rubbed her back. "So... now what?"

"Hell if I know. I kinda like just sitting here..."

"If you like it, I like it too." He drew her closer and nuzzled her neck, enjoying the quiet.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

what is it with the girls at XU? They keep dropping by when the guy's in the shower.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

They do it on purpose. Y'all just can't take a hint. :)
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

ROFL, yeah, we did this before the Vic/Rahne... what a coinkidink xD
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
ROFL, yeah, we did this before the Vic/Rahne... what a coinkidink xD
LOl hey, in that case it was purely a plot device so that Rahne had a chance to poke around his room and find all her stuff ...

... that's my story and i'm sticking to it :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"