12/15 Instance: Some Sort of Normality.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

12/15 Instance: Some Sort of Normality.

Post by littlebamf »

to be timelined not long after the students find out about the kidnappings please!

Sian: Sian put her hand in Mark's as they walked down the hall to the Rec room and gave it a squeeze. Xavier had explained that Meggan was currently missing and he was now taking them to speak to two of Meggan's friends. She shifted Dylan's wait in her arms slightly.

Mark: Mark looked down at his wife, "It'll be ok, she can take care of herself." He smiled encouragingly at her. They reached the door and Xavier left them, Mark pushed it open and poked his head inside, "Hello?"

rachel: Rachel sat on the couch in the rec room and blew a few strands of hair out of her face as she waited for Meggan's parents. Of course she didn't get to meet them under normal circumstances...well as normal as it would get here.

rachel: She glanced up at the voice, "Oh, hey."

Alex: Alex sat on the couch, wrapped up in Meggan's blanket and just brooding deeply. He had this a lot lately, after phases of eagerness and activity he would fall into a deep hole, after realizing that there wasn't really anything he could do.

Alex: He didn't notice Sian and Mark entering until Rachel spoke to them, then he jumped up and looked over to them.

Alex: "Oh, I...I am...so sorry..."

Mark: Mark stepped inside, Sian following him and closing the door. "It's not your fault Alex, you've nothing to be sorry for." He turned to Rachel, "And you must be Rachel? We've heard a lot about you. My name is Mark, this is my wife, Sian and baby Dylan."

Sian: Sian smiled at Rachel and waved Dylan's hand for him. She felt a lump rise in her throat when she recognised the blanket that Alex had around his shoulders. Meggan's. She crossed to the sofa and sat down. "How could this happen...?"

rachel: "Yeah, I am." She raised an eyebrow, "Hopefully not bad things about me?" She scooted over to make more room on the couch, "We'll get her back..."

Alex: "I...I don't know..." He sat back on the couch again. "Oh god, I'm so, so sorry. I...I should have been there, done anything...I am..."

Alex: He dropped his head. "I am a bad boyfriend."

Mark: Mark walked over to Alex and put an arm around his shoulders, "Don't talk like that. There was nothing you could have done. If you'd been there they could have taken you too or worse and that would do far more harm to Meggan than just being away from here. She knows you're still safe."

Sian: Sian nodded in agreement with her husband, "He's right, Alex. The best thing anyone can do now is try to find her quickly." She looked at Rachel, "Meggan would never say bad things about anyone, Rachel. All she's told us of you sounds like perfectly normal adolescent behaviour. We can hardly hold that against you now, can we?"

Alex: Giving Mark a thankful look, he sighed heavily. "It's just...it's so much. I want to do something, but I can't, and at the same time I am afraid what They are doing."

rachel: Great. Alex was falling apart again, though she couldn't blame him. It did suck. "Guess not. And, Alex, you aren't a bad boyfriend. I'm sure she's fine, and we're going to get her back."

Sian: Sian heaved a sigh as Dylan started complaining and squirming about. She rolled her eyes at Mark who was clearly not going to get this one, "I'll be right back..." she left the room.

Mark: Mark chuckled, "I think someone needs changing..." he looked from Rachel to Alex, "Look, you two know Meggan as well as we do, right? We all know she can take care of herself if she needs to. She'll be fine. We just need to wait." He wished he could be as convinced as he sounded.

Alex: "But the waiting is the stupidest part of it." He sighed and leaned back. "I hate it, hate it so much. I swear, when she's back I'll handcuff myself to her."

rachel: She refrained from making a comment about handcuffs, "Yeah, it sucks, but... " Like I've said three times now. "We're going to find her and everyone else, too. It just takes some time."

Mark: Mark nodded and smiled at Alex's handcuffs comment, he wasn't sure the boy had thought that through but he decided not to crush the hope for now. He'd leave that to Meggan. "Yes they will be found. I only wish we could stick around until they're all back. Sadly we have to work. But I'd like to ask a favour if I may?" he looked between the two of them again.

Alex: "Uhm, sure." Really nothing I can do to make up for losing your only daughter, but I'll try...

rachel: "Yeah, sure. Anything. What is it?"

Mark: "As soon as you hear anything, no matter how small, let us know. Keep us informed. We're so far away in Wales that we feel a bit out of touch and now there'll be no more weekly calls from Meg until she's back so it's going to be quiet too... well as quiet as it can be with a 6month-old." He sighed, "So will you do that for us?"

Alex: "Absolutely! No way we wouldn't keep you informed!" Alex's face was as wide as it could get, in surprise that Mark could really think he wouldn't tell them any little thing possible about their daughter.

rachel: "Of course," she nodded, "So far, we don't know much besides that she was taken during a power outage and that it was other mutants."

Mark: He smiled at them, "Thank you. I'm glad you two are here, at least I know there are people here with my daughter as their priority."

Sian: Sian walked back into the room with a now happy baby Dylan in her arms, she sat back down on the sofa looking a bit weary. She smiled down at her son and tickled him under the chin, he squirmed and gurgled happily. "I hope we get your big sister back soon." she said, "Or she'll miss all the best bits."

Alex: "Meggan is always my priority, I promise you." Alex absentmindedly took the blanket and squeezed it with both hands.

rachel: "We're doing everything we can right now to get them back," she reassured, smiling slightly at Dylan. "Meggan showed me pictures. He's cuter in person."

Sian: Sian looked up and smiled at Rachel, "Yes he is. And so far we've had no unexpected surprises so we're hopeful... No offence but one mutant in the house is enough for now. Meggan is quite a handful." She smiled sadly and looked back down at Dylan.

Mark: Mark sighed and watched his wife, she'd taken the news quite badly. "Don't worry, Sian, she'll be fine. You'll see. You just said yourself, she's a handful. They'll probably let her go out of self defence."

Alex: He was surprised that he could muster up a little laugh at Mark's remark, then Alex also shifted his attention towards Dylan.

Alex: "He has grown a lot since I last saw him."

rachel: "Surprises tend to be unexpected," she smirked at Mark's comment. If that was true, they would've let them all go by now, especially since Andreas was with them.

Sian: Sian smiled at Alex, "Yes he has. They grow fast at this age... Oh! We have to get pictures of you two with him, I know Meggan would like proof we met you, Rachel."

Mark: Mark smiled at Rachel, "Yes they do but some are more expected than others." he winked, "And I agree. Photos are a great idea, Give me the blanket a moment Alex, and you two sit either side of Sian."

Alex: He handed the blanket over, although very hesitantly, as if he feared to lose Meggan all over again. Then he sat down next to Sian and Dylan, giving the little boy a friendly smile.

rachel: Rachel slid closer to Sian and the baby. Pictures, ugh...but she could deal. Plus, they weren't the normal blackmail pictures.

Mark: Mark set the blanket carefully on the arm of a chair and readied the camera. "Alright, say cheese!"

Alex: "Cheese!"

rachel: "Uh..cheese?" Rachel said before she was blinded by the flash. Another reason she hated cameras.

Mark: Mark laughed looking at the image displayed, "Rachel you look horribly confused in that photo. Let's try again." He clicked another one, "Much better," he smiled and went to show them, picking up the blanket and handing it back to Alex on the way.

Sian: Sian looked at the blanket, "Oh she's repaired it..." she smiled, "To be honest I'm surprised it's lasted, you'd be shocked to see some of the places she used to put that thing."

Alex: "Yes." He gave it another look. There were many spots it had been repaired over time..."She felt a bit for it and was all about fixing it lately."

rachel: She looked at the picture and grinned. "Yeah, she carries it like everywhere around here."

Sian: "I'm glad she's taking care of it... well... sort of..." she managed a laugh, "I didn't realise she still carried it around with her. I thought she'd grown out of it..." she smiled sadly, "She must be missing it now, she never used to be able to sleep well without it..." Sian chewed her lip, absent mindedly playing with Dylan.

Mark: Mark put a hand on Sian's shoulder and gave it a squeeze, "She'll be ok, Sian. It's about time she got used to being without it. I'm pretty sure any future husband," he glanced at Alex, "would rather not share a bed with it."

Alex: "Oh..." He blushed a bit. "Uhm, I wouldn't mind, as long as she just comes back..."

rachel: She just snickered at the look on Alex's face.

Mark: Mark laughed, "I guess you can't be too jealous of a blanket." he patted Alex on the head, "And she'll come back... eventually."

Sian: Sian nudged Alex playfully, "He's only teasing. I’m sure she doesn't need the blanket to sleep anymore..." she smiled benignly, trying not to look at Mark who was trying not to laugh.

Alex: "Uhm...sure...she's a big girl now and all that..." He fidget with the blanket in his hands and a now bright red blush on his face.

rachel: "Could you get any redder?" she asked, smirking.

Mark: Mark laughed, "Alright we'll behave now." He couldn't help it if Alex got embarrassed so easily. It was fun.

Sian: Sian gave Alex a sympathetic pat, trying to contain her own laughter, at least they could hold onto some sort of normality. That was nice.

Alex: "I am, like..." He gulped down and tried to find his calm again. Then an idea struck him.

Alex: "Have I told you guys that I'm working? Well, not at the moment, though. Rachel is jumping in for me..."

rachel: "Yeah, the outfits are horrible, and I'm not too fond of waiting on people hand and foot either."

Sian: Sian smiled at Alex, "You got a job? That's great. Well done."

Mark: Mark raised an eyebrow at Rachel, "What the hell kind of place do you work for...?"

rachel: "Megatokyo," she checked the time on her phone, "Shit. I have to go. Class, training. Nice meeting you, and I'll see you later Alex." She got up and made her way out of the room.

Mark: Mark waved as Rae left, "Mega what? Sounds very odd..." he scratched his head, "Anyway... he looked at Sian, she seemed exhausted, "I think we need to be heading back to the hotel. If you need anything, Alex, give us a ring ok?"

Alex: "It's a promise." He nodded with a bright smile. Talking with them had made him feel better actually.

Sian: Sian handed Dylan to Mark and pulled Alex into a hug, "She's going to be alright, Alex. You'll see." She gave him a kiss on the cheek, "You just make sure you take good care of yourself now. You need to be in one piece when she gets home." She stood up, "We'll drop in again before we leave." She smiled at Alex, "see you soon."

Mark: Mark put an arm around Sian's shoulders, cradling Dylan in the other, "Look after yourself, Alex. You need to keep us informed." With a slight wave of his hand, Mark led Sian out of the room. He really hoped they got Meggan back soon.