12/18 Instance - "Sunbathing"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Summers: Scott held back a sigh as Dr. Essex perused his various scans and X-Rays. "Anything interesting happen in them in the last ten minutes? Oh - and by the way, what do you consider damage, because I don't want a fucking repeat of yesterday. My
head hurt. I hurt. I passed out - it wasn't pleasant."

Summers: He watched as Essex circled something on one scan and drew an arrow on another. "Well, if you must know, I got a hunk of rebar and concrete to the head when my powers manifested." He had almost squirmed an arm loose form the strap holding it to the gurney - there was a tray of instruments right there...

DrEssex: "I am sorry to hear of your discomfiture. I will make sure that you have access to some mild painkillers for your headaches." He studied Scott again. "Is it still bothering you? Your headache that is."

Summers: "...yeah." Scott held still, hoping that he hadn't noticed his arm was free. "Of course it is. Or hadn't you got it that I store the energy if I don't expend it? Hasn't that come up in previous research? Or have you not read my medical files properly?"

DrEssex: He turned back to the table and frowned in sudden realization. Something was amiss.

Summers: Scott took his chance and reached for the tray, grabbing a scalpel - pushing the tray over away from Essex, and slashed the other strap holding his arm. Oh shit, he turned... Scott froze, then went to work on the straps on his legs. Still, what can he do? I've got the knife.

DrEssex: He stepped back from the sudden movement, keeping a wide berth of the boy who was making quite the mess of his equipment. He calmly removed a dart gun from the case on the wall, and leveled it off, shooting him square in the shoulder as he bent to free his legs.

Summers: Ow..what the hell? He slumped over, and tried to pick up the scalpel, but his fingers barely moved. I was so damn close "What the hell did you do to me, you bastard?" He glared at Essex as the man levered him back down on the gurney.

DrEssex: Good. His voice was slightly slurred, but he was still breathing well. He'd worked that dose out perfectly. "Do not worry. It is temporary. Curare. You know - the paralytic drug that hunters in the amazon use to hunt. In the correct doses it creates paralysis without breathing restrictions."

DrEssex: "I wanted you concious today, but I did not anticipate this little fiasco." He waved a hand at the downed tray, an assistant already at work cleaning it up and fetching fresh instruments. He steadied Scott back against the chair, tipping it back more so his head wouldn't loll uncomfortabally.

Summers: "Conscious for what, exactly?" He looked sideways at Essex. He thought about puking without being able to move...his stomach twisted uncomfortably. "Look - this is insane, you realize that, right? 'In the name of research' is all very well and good - but when you're using things like curare to paralyse someone just to experiment on - it's crossed a line." He wished he could control that flicker of fear in his voice. "What do you hope to achieve with this research, anyway?"

DrEssex: "I am not using it to 'experiment' on you. I was using it to effectively restrain you from causing yourself or my assistants harm that you seemed bent on applying, Mr. Summers. I simply used a non-injerous, non-invasive technique of restraint." His lips thinned. "However, you bring up a valuable point." He left Scott's side to speak into a phone for a few minutes to someone, leaving instructions on 'discharging' the handler who was in charge of Scott that day

DrEssex: "There. This won't happen again, Mr. Summers. A simple oversight."

Summers: "What won't happen? I won't try to escape again?" He snorted. "Honestly, do you think you're going to break me? I'll go the distance and come out on top." He sighed as his body was still totally unresponsive. He couldn't even flick that bit of hair falling in his eye. "Since you're being so nice, mind moving my hair out of my face?"

DrEssex: "I'm not expecting to 'break' you. I have no interest in that. I simply do not wish to lose a valuable subject or have them be injured. So you will be secured properly in the future." He cautiously did so, careful to stay out of reach of Scott's teeth. "Alright. So lets move ahead with your last scan before treatment, shall we?"

Summers: "What treatment is it today? Going to let me blow some holes in your walls? Maybe giving me my glasses would help."

DrEssex: "No Mr. Summers. You are getting things mixed up. That would be a demonstration." He loaded Scott up on the narrow cot that would move inside of the MRI. "Just hold still now."

Summers: "Funny. Well, then, can I do a demonstration, soon, my headache's back...and the noise isn't helping." He hoped that the damn collar was fucking up the readings. "So - again, what treatment? You can tell me, since apparently, I'm going to have it no matter what, so what's the harm in telling me?"

DrEssex: He watched the scans coming up, regular neat slices of the living brain. "Some sun exposure Mr. Summers. Think of it as a chance to work on your winter tan."

Summers: "I don't tan very well. I absorb. I get a little browner, but not much...oh come on we've been through that treatment, don't I get to do anything more? It gets boring - the same shit, different day." Oh god, not again. "Please, not again," he said aloud.

Summers: He could almost hear his heart against the loud electronic thud of the machine. He could certainly feel it. The space in the machine got too small, and he couldn't breathe suddenly, and he gulped the air. "Come on, we both know what happens."

DrEssex: "That is with standard sun exposure though. We'll be using concentrated rays, and for longer exposures." He pressed the stop button and leaned over Scott as the cot retracted from the machine. "I'm curious to see how far we can push your abilities."

Summers: There was no saliva left to swallow. Don't go crazy, calm down, think. "H-how far do you think they'll go?" He looked away, trying to get as far away from the sinister figure looming over him as he could.

DrEssex: "I'm uncertain. That's the point of this experiment, yes? I doubt that you've reached your full potential however."

Summers: "Oh, really? How do you figure? How much further does one get with destructo-beams?"

DrEssex: "I admire your technical fortitude." With help he transfered Scott over onto a gurney and walked him down the hall, stopping outside a room to don standard sunglasses and place a pair on Scott as well. No sense in damaging his retinas.

Summers: "And don't give me that crap of that's the point of the experiments, I mean, what are you basing the original assumption on?" He stopped as Essex put glasses on. "So...you're going to roast me, huh? Mind turning me so when I do puke I don't asphyxiate? And how about those pain killers? You did say I could have them." He hoped Essex wouldn't take his escape attempt personally and not give it to him.

DrEssex: "Under exposure results in your powers being deactivated, so there should be some correlation between exposure and power levels. And an attendant will watch you at all times, plus you will recover mobility soon. When you are mobile, you'll be given some tylenol, and additional stronger medications if needed."

Summers: "Only Tylenol? You're kidding, right? Thats not strong enough." If I become mobile, can I use the gurney to get out? Maybe when they come into give me pain meds I can slam it into whoever it is, and this time, I know what he's packing so I can avoid getting shot. Just like those training sessions. Simple. He cast a curious look around the room, glad of the covering glasses.

DrEssex: "It will do in the meantime. You will have stronger things later on." He nodded to the gaurd in the room. "If you don't want a reaccurance of what happened in the lab you'd do well to bind him thoroughly before he regains mobility."
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Poor Scotty. I hope Essex doesn't make him explode or something. :(
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
steyn
Global Moderator