12/19 Instance: Translations, plz

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

directly after Not so Fatherly

Talia: Talia rushed into the kitchen, screaming Johnny in her arms, and straight to the freezer for some ice for his head. "Shhh shhhhh it's ok," she soothed him, as she wrapped a few pieces in a dish cloth to place on his head, barely noticing the form at the kitchen table.

* Northstar took another bite of his peanut butter sandwich and chewed slowly, then took a sip of green tea, leaned back in his chair, and sighed. Hopefully he'd be able to keep this snack down. He only then noticed that Talia and her annoying child were there. He sighed louder.

Talia: Johnny squirmed and just cried louder as she put the pack on his head. He reached up and pushed it away each time she got it close to him, before she just finally stuck it there firmly, trying to ignore his moving and crying, though not successfully. "Please, Johnny, this is gonna make it all better, just let me keep it there.." she trailed off as she noticed Jean Paul sitting at the table.

Northstar: "God, now I'm going to need even more Tylenol," Jean-Paul muttered, taking another bite of his sandwich.

Talia: She gave Jean Paul a bit of a look, joggling Johnny. "He hit his head..hard. I can't help it."

* Northstar put the sandwich down and massaged a temple with long, elegant fingers. "What'd you do, drop him?"

Talia: "What?! No!" TJ sniffled, wiping her eye quickly. "He fell. It was stupid..I wasn't looking...and he fell."

Northstar: Jean-Paul shook his head. He'd wanted to bait her, but she was way too upset about a little fall. "It happens," he replied shortly and picked up his mug.

Talia: "It happens..when you don't pay attention. And little things can become way big things really quickly," she coughed, trying to pull herself together. "I'm such an idiot, what the fuck was I even thinking?"

* Northstar rolled his eyes. "So pay more attention next time. Problem solved." He set down his mug with a sigh and stared at his sandwich. "Want half a sandwich? I can't finish this."

Talia: She eyed the sandwich warily. Was JP being nice to her? "No...I'm not hungry..." she said. Johnny still whined and moaned, so she sat down at the table, a little ways from the man. She lifted the ice pack to glance at his head, noting the large bump. "Oh God...I'm so sorry, sweetie, I'm so sorry..."

Talia: "I always pay attention. Til all of a sudden now..." she rocked Johnny gently, taking a deep breath, eyeing the sandwich again. "I thought you ate everything..."

Northstar: Jean-Paul frowned slightly. "Yeah. Usually." He twisted his mouth in distaste at the sight of the half of the sandwich that remained, and headed to the trash to toss it.

Talia: "So...why not now?" she asked, as she held the ice to Johnny's head again, his crying starting up again. "Shhhhh shhh."

Northstar: Northstar's frown deepened. It was really none of her business. "My stomach's a little upset." That was an understatement. He shook his head and returned to the table for his tea.

Talia: "Oh...ew..." she rocked, placing Johnny up on her shoulder. "Is it like...a side effect of...stuff..?"

Northstar: Jean-Paul gave her a withering look, picking up the mug. "Yes, it's a side effect of stuff."

Talia: "I'm just asking," she said, looking away from him. "Sorry."

* Northstar shifted, slightly uncomfortably. "Never mind. You didn't know."

Talia: Talia shrugged, rubbing her son's back as he whimpered. "I know some..."

Northstar: Jean-Paul looked up, slightly interested despite himself. "What do you know?"

Remy: He entered the kitchen, having heard talk of a screaming Johnny on his way out of class. "Hey...what happened?" Ok. Jean-Paul. And TJ. In the same room. He did a quick check for blood, but couldn't find any.

Talia: She was about to answer Jean Paul when Remy rushed in. "He fell...hit his head on the coffee table. Look," she lifted the ice off his head to show Remy the bump.

Remy: He made a face. "Well dat's a good one. Y' ok, mon fils?" Johnny's lip stuck out and he thought about crying again, but chose to stay in the sanctuary of his mother's arms.

Remy: "Y've got d' ice...so guess dere's not much more t' do, neh?" He glanced up at Jean-Paul, realizing he'd been ignoring him for his offspring's plight. "An' hey." He did a double take. "Y're kinda pale...y' ok?"

* Northstar shrugged, barely glancing at him. "I'm fine."

Talia: "The ice is helping some..." she said. "It was stupid it even happened..." She glanced at Jean Paul, wondering if she should say anymore to him on their previous topic.

Remy: "It happens. Ain't d' first time he's done it, but dis is a doozy." He arched his brow at Jean-Paul, but he didn't figure he'd get a straight answer out of him.

Talia: "Do you think we should take him to see McCoy?" she asked, placing the ice on his head again as he tried to push it away. Her gaze shifted to Jean Paul again briefly. "Like...theres stuff that like...can get sround...."

Northstar: Jean-Paul raised an eyebrow archly. "Is it airborne?"

Remy: "No, babies get bumps all d' time." He looked between the two of them. "Uh..."

Talia: "But....this is a big one..." she rocked him gently again, avoiding Jean Paul's gaze. "Um...airborne? What do you mean?"

* Northstar rolled his eyes. "Never mind." Talia was obviously not a good source of information on how much the average person knew about HIV.

Remy: "D' I need t' ask what y' two are talkin' about?" He ran his hand over Johnny's head. "An' how did y' get on d' topic?"

Northstar: Jean-Paul looked to Talia, shrugged, and took a sip of tea, as taciturn as usual.

Talia: Johnny whined as Remy touched his head, and TJ shrugged. "He said he wasn't eaiting and it was a side effect."

Remy: He shot Jean-Paul a pointed look. "Y' aren't eatin'?"

* Northstar sighed heavily yet again. Great; now he had to deal with Remy's bizarre maternalism. "I had half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich."

Remy: "Y' usually eat half a loaf worth." He said in a light tone, but kept looking at him. "Things changin'? Or jus' a bump in d' road on a normal day?"

Northstar: Jean-Paul muttered, "Just one of many bumps in the road," and took another swig of tea. It actually wasn't half bad, and he could keep it down. It was probably better for him than his massive coffee intake. Heaven knows he didn't need to be more hyper.

Northstar: But the little bit of caffeine still present even in green tea, on his empty stomach, just accentuated his hunger; he drummed his fingers on the table, frustrated.

Talia: Talia listened a bit as she rubbed Johnny to sooth him, thinking over everything. Bump in the road. She pushed her chair away from Jean Paul just slightly. "The...bumps must be...hard..."

* Northstar looked up sharply, not sure whether to be offended at her movement. "Yes. At least I don't have visible bumps or humps; weight distribution problems are most common with these meds, and I know a few people who have them. I'm -- blessed -- with a mutation that makes that impossible."

Remy: He appreciated her effort for what it was, resting his hand in the small of her back. "Oui, well, suppose dat's good...but its worth some lumps if dere workin' right. Dey are, neh?"

Northstar: Jean-Paul nodded, looking back down at his mug. "Can't complain." He got up suddenly and headed for the pantry to browse through it again for something he could eat. He really was hungry, and if he didn't eat enough soon, he'd start getting acid reflux, then ulcers, and then his stomach would really be raging.

Talia: TJ looked to him as he rummaged through the cupboard. "Can you bring over the baby biscuits please?" she asked him, then wondered if maybe she shouldn't have gotten up and gotten them herself. "At least the swellings going down a little bit.."

Remy: "Oui. Well he's not cryin' an' lookin' bright enough. Its gonna be pretty dark in a couple of hours." He traced the red outline without touching it. "Is dere anythin' y' can eat? Y' should let Xavier know if y' want somethin'. Or I gott a get more diapers soon too - so I can always pick somethin' up."

* Northstar came back out of the pantry, narrowing his eyes. "I can take care of myself." He tossed Talia a pack of baby biscuits and set down a pack of Saltines he hadn't seen before. He peered at the blue baby for a moment, then shook his head and pulled open the Saltines.

Talia: She reached into the box for a biscuit, before giving it to Johnny. "Thanks."

Remy: "Je sais. Il est bon de demander à un ami aussi, non?" He asked Jean-Paul, and then watched Johnny. "See. He's eatin'. If dere was somethin' wrong he wouldn't be interested in it like dat."

Northstar: Jean-Paul shrugged. "Quelle que soit." He perked up a bit, though; he was always happy to converse in French around Talia since she didn't understand it. He munched on a couple more Saltines.

Talia: She looked between the two of them, feeling the slightest bit of frustration the sudden switch of languages. She took a breath and shifted Johnny so he was sitting in her lap now, munching on his cookie. "He always eats no matter what."

Remy: "He didn't when he was sick wit' dat cold. Jus' kinda spat things back out." He snorted at Jean-Paul, a smile curling his mouth. "Garce." He said good naturedly.

Talia: She huffed a bit with the continued French, but didn't say anything. "Yeah.. but that was different. He couldn't breathe. He could have like, brain damage or something now."

Northstar: Jean-Paul smirked. "Elle craint trop." He smiled beatifically at Talia and resumed eating the Saltines with vigor. It was a good thing he found them.

Remy: Johnny smeared his begoobered hand across TJ's shirt. "Nah. He's fine. Take him down if y're gonna worry about it though." He gave Talia a fond smile. "Peut-être. Mais elle est une bonne mère."

Talia: "I think I'm gonna...just in case," she told him, giving JP a look at the way he was smiling at her, then glancing between him and Remy. "When do you gotta go to training? You wanna come down too?"

Remy: He glanced at the clock. "Soon. An' sure." He winked at Jean-Paul. "Should we drag y're ass down dere too or y' gonna survive?"

* Northstar got up hastily. "I'm good. I'm not going to see Annie. I think I'll just take these up to my room then take a nap."

Remy: "Alright den. I'll catch y' later." He picked up the box of biscuits and put it away.

Talia: She watched Jean Paul head out, then turned to Remy. "So...what was all that?"

Remy: "What was all of what? What we were sayin' y' mean?" He fished out a cookie for himself and TJ for good measure.

Talia: "Yeah, all the French," she said, taking the cookie. "What was with that?"

Remy: "Well started off jus' me tryin' t' save him a bit of face y' know. He's got enough pride d' last d' whole gay parade. Told him he could ask for help from a friend, an' he said y' worry too much." He leaned forward and gave her a small kiss. "An' I said y' are a good mother. Dat's about it."

Talia: TJ shrugged. "Well..that was nice to say...and I guess I understand that. It just kinda makes me feel like a kid. Like..when my parents used to spell stuff when I was little so I didnt know what they were saying."

Remy: He snickered. "An' me an' Jean-Paul remind me of dem? Who gets t' be John an' who has t' be Christine?"

Talia: She rolled her eyes a bit and smacked him on the arm, which caused Johnny to start. "You know what I mean."

Remy: "Oui. It wasn't t' make y' feel bad though. Maybe I should teach y' some, but I suppose den I'd still be makin' him feel like an' idiot." He sighed. "Look. Didn't do it t' exclude y' really. Jus' did it so he didn't feel so awkward."

Talia: "I know," she said. "I get it...it still feels weird. But I'd like to learn it."

Remy: "Sure. I can teach y' some. Teachin' Johnny some words already...so it's easy enough t' do." He leaned forward again and kissed her, taking his time this time. "We'd better get downstairs or I'll be late."

Talia: She kissed him back. "Ok," Johnny whined at them, beginning to cry a bit. "Ohhh we haven't forgotten our poor injured boy." She stood up, stretching her back a bit. "You mind carrying him down?"

Remy: "Course not." He took him from her and the wailing intensified, the snot cookie and tear mess quickly transferring to his shirt. "Yeah...well was jus' gonna go an' get it sweaty anyhow."

Talia: She pat Johnny a few times on the back as he settled a bit more. "Let's get him checked then before you have to run off.."

Remy: He pushed open the door, and held it for her. "Sure enough. Think he's got a bad case of d' 'mama's' but other dan dat we're good."

[Edited on 20/12/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Translations:

"I know. It is good to ask a friend also."
"Whatever."
"Bitch"
"She worries too much."
"Maybe, but she is a good mother."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

awwww! that was sweet... but Jp's unusually down for being so hyper and high all the time.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, no one's at their best when they don't feel well. :p
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Poor JP :(
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro