28/12 Instance: Alex Knows Best

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

date: set after 28/12 Instance: Here we go again

Alex: Alex was lying on the couch in the rec room, tightly wrapped into Meggan's blanket, watching a Golden Girls rerun (although he hadn't known who those elderly ladies were when he had switched through the channels, they just had seemed funny).

Alex: But you couldn't really say he was watching it, since his eyes were shut and a slight thread of saliva had escaped his mouth, along with a slight and steady snore.

rachel: Rachel slipped into the rec room. She needed advice, and she doubted she'd get anything good from anyone else, especially since it involved Josh. So, Alex seemed like the person to go to.

rachel: She watched him for a moment and debated on how to wake him up. "Uh...Alex..." she poked him a few times.

Alex: "Muhargh..." He just tried to wipe away the poking hand and turned around in his sleep.

rachel: "Alex! Get your ass up!" Rachel nudged. Her next option was throwing him off the couch.

Alex: "YO!" He jumped up, right ut of his dream that had involved weird monkeys in medieval getup, and sprung right into a wobly defensive stance.

Alex: "Whuzzat?!"

rachel: She took a few steps back, so his flailing didn't hit her, "Um...hey, Alex..."

Alex: He blinked several times and heavily so to finally fix his eyes on his friend. "Rachel? Oh my God, are you nuts? Don't wake me up like that!"

Alex: Then he looked around and made a relieved sigh because of the absence of monkeys, then he flunked down on the couch again. "So..." He rubbed his face to finally completely wake up. "What's the matter? Your pot of water got burnt?"

rachel: "Am I supposed to answer the 'are you nuts' question?" Rachel sat down on the couch next to him with a sigh and ran a hand through her hair, "Pot of water? Anyway, I...need some advice, and you're pretty helpful when it comes to that sort of thing..."

Alex: "Sure, I am...Oh, you aren' joking, right?" He scratched his head and got a bit embarassed about that trust.

Alex: "Uhm, so...Advice, huh?"

rachel: "No, I'm not." Rachel chewed on her lip, "Yeah...about Josh..."

Alex: "Oh, what about him? I hope you guys didn't forget to use...erm, you know...that..." He blushed a bit and then made a hole with the indexfinger and the thumb of one hand and then shoved them over the indexfinger of the other hand several times.

rachel: "Alex, no! ...Well, we did...when we were actually going out..." she shook her head.

rachel: "I...We broke up...and, well, I just ran into him in the hall...and I don't know what to do..."

Alex: "Oh, erm...yeah, good riddance that, he didn't know what he had in you!" Then he gave her a squeeze. "So, I guess...ignoring him won't work?"

rachel: "But, I don't want to ignore him, and I can't exactly do that. I told him I'd talk to him tomorrow about it..."

Alex: "Ooookay..." Awww damn, I'm really really not good with this kind of stuff...

Alex: "Do you have a plan yet?"

rachel: "Not really. So far, I've just been trying to avoid him. Not like a planned to make out with him in the hall a few minutes ago..." she rolled her eyes. "I know I have to talk to him though, and I want him back, but I don't want to get hurt again..."

Alex: That caused a deep frown and he had to think for a second. "Uhm...who broke up?"

rachel: "If I say Josh are you going to threaten to kill him?"

Alex: "Nnnooo..." He scratched his non-existant beard for a while as if pondering whether Josh's iminent day was indeed a valid option. But then he shook his head.

Alex: "It's only: If he did end it, how would you know he wants it back to how it was? And if you did it...how do you know you really want it yourself?"

rachel: Rachel glanced at him, "He broke up with me." Damn. That still hurt to say. "And he just told me he wanted to fix things. And, pffft, I never know what I want half the time."

Alex: "Okay, so...he broke up with you, and you want him back, right?"

Alex: He knocked on her head once with his knuckles. "Hello? Anyone in there?"

rachel: "Well, yeah, I want him back. I...miss him...a lot..." She flinched away from his knuckles, "What would you do?"

Alex: "Honestly?" He folded his arms in front of his chest. "I'd try to avoid him as much as possible, uhmmm...not that it would be a 'he' in my case, that is..."

rachel: "Well, I didn't think it would be a dude," she rolled her eyes, "I can't avoid him though...and I don't want to..."

Alex: "Oh, then, like..." A blink. "Wait a second...why did he break up anyways?"

rachel: "We got in a few arguements, and he thought it'd be better if we took a break," she shrugged, "It's stupid."

Alex: "Is it?" He reached out for the blanket and offered it to her with a friendly smile. "Try it, it makes me feel better..."

Alex: Then he leaned back the hands behind his head. "And seriously, if he said that you guys need a break, he probably more meant he needs one. Any idea what that could be? I mean, because: If just a few arguments already make him want to have a break from you, he#s no boyfriend material."

rachel: Rachel took the...Meggan's...blanket from him and threw it around her shoulders. She didn't feel any different. "I guess not. It's just...it was over the whole teams thing. He doesn't really like me being on one and stuff..."

Alex: "Maybe he's concerned that you might get hurt?"

rachel: "He is. He's told me. I can see why and everything, but I'm not going to quit just 'cause he's freaking out over it."

Alex: "Oh, now I get it!" He slapped his forehead and laughed shortly. "Josh is a chauvinist!"

rachel: She raised an eyebrow, "Okay, glad you've come to a realization, but that doesn't help me."

Alex: "No, you don't get it." He turned around to her and now finally faced her directly for the first time.

Alex: "He might be all nice and a really open-minded, but he doesn't think you can do okay as long as he isn't around to look after you. It has to be that way, I read it in a magazine the other day...uhm..."

Alex: He poked his nose with his right index finger a few times, as he tried to remember the name of the mag. "Mi-...Ma-...Metrosomething..."

rachel: "I doubt that, but say that's the case...what do I do?" Nice and open-minded aren't words that came to mind when she thought Josh, but whatever.

Alex: "Kick his ass. Tell him you're your own man...erm, woman, and if he doesn't see that you're the best darn thing that can happen to him, he obviously suffers under a case of stupiditiy even he can't heal."

rachel: "I'm pretty sure he's aware I can take care of myself. He's just overprotective, like you...except you're nicer..." Okay, maybe she could've found someone with better advice.

Alex: "Hmm, okay..." He decided to let that 'overprotective' remark slip and pondered insted what to tell her that would really help. Well, there was something, but he didn't really like it...

Alex: "Uhmmm...have you thought about, like, uhm...dressing up in hot stuff?"

rachel: Rachel took a deep breath, "And that'd help me how? We aren't going out. Plus, I don't have to try to get his attention." She thought for a moment, "And what's wrong with how I dress?"

Alex: Uh oh... "Welll...I just thought...if he was more attracted to you...and then...also..." His face went beet-red.

rachel: She quirked an eyebrow, "Then also what?"

Alex: "He...would...come back?...Maybe?...Somehow?..."

rachel: Running a hand through her hair, she sighed, "Do you know how bad you are at giving advice on this kind of stuff?"

Alex: He opened his arms wide with helplesness Well duh, Captain Obvious! "Come on, you're talking with the yes-no-maybe-some-day-maybe-now-let's-brak-up-oh, there I vanish-here I am again-boyfriend of Meggan! I'm doing the best I can right now!"

rachel: She snickered, "True. Well, what did you and Meggan do to get back together?"

Alex: The meories that suddenly wandered through his head made him feel all calm and easy again. Talking about Meggan was easy, he could do that.

Alex: "We just, stood together, kept the other one around, talked. I guess that's 'working it out'. I think, if two people really belong together, they will e together efter they have finally met. Because, one of them will always refuse to give up..."

Alex: Then he became aware of the dreamy expression on his face, so he laughed it away, and blushed a bit again, but this time he wasn't embarassed by it. "Sorry..." He scratched his head with a smile. "I am being overly romantic again."

rachel: "Thanks, Alex...kinda..." she leaned back into the couch, thinking over what he'd said.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

lmao!! So Alex's advice is Rachel should seduce Josh and then kick his butt... okay, that works! >3

And he's not a chauvanist, just frigging insane. ;)
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young