12/29 Instance: Party for the Prince

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

current

Talia: Talia pushed the slide back into place, then took out her pad and pen. Remy'd just come and grabbed Johnny for his nap, and she wanted to take advantage of this for some planning. She had a bag full of catalogues and she sat beside the fireplace, spreading everything out around her.

Lorna: Lorna walked through, cooling down from a bit of training before she went back to her room to catch up on homework. "Hey, TJ. You've certainly got a lot of catalogues there." Lorna had flashbacks to Paige and wedding planning. A small, wicked part of her was glad Paige was in Texas right now so she didn't have to hear about bridesmaid gowns every hour.

Talia: "Yeah, I'm trying to figure out stuff for Johnny's birthday. I want it to be like...huge," she said, looking through one. "I'm trying to think of a theme too, if anything makes sense. Maybe like...space men or something."

Kitty: Kity wandered around, with her mug of cocoa, sniffling. It was still too cold to go outside without anything but her training outfit. Next time, she was lifting Remy's jacket or something. Maybe he wouldn't notice until she'd gone, and that would be a definite improvement!

Kitty: She peeked into the ballroom, and noticed TJ and Lorna sitting by the fire. She shuffled over, still in pajamas and slipper, with a plush robe drawn tight. "Hey roomie of my heart! What'cha up to?"

Cessily: Cessily wandered in, carrying a book and a mug with hot chocolate. Maybe she'd find at least one hour between classes and training to do some peaceful reading. "Oh. Hey TJ, Hey Lorna. How are you girls?" She walked over and sat down in a chair. "Oooh, it's Johnny's birthday already?"

Talia: She waved to Kitty and Cess. "Yeah! In a month. I got a month to start planning for it," she gestured at all the catalogues. "So I gotta get to work. Some of these things you gotta reserve in advance.."

Lorna: "Oh I could help you with space men!" Even Lorna was surprised at how excited she sounded over that. "Hey Kitty! Hey Cess!"

Cessily: Cessily waved as Kitty entered and gave her a mock pout, making her lip quiver. "Awww, I'm not the roomie of your heart?"

Kitty: "Oooh!" Kitty picked up a catalogue, then stuck her tongue out at Cessily. "You ARE my roomie!"

Kitty: "You're having a party here?"

Talia: "Well, spacemen is one idea. But I wanna put penguins in too, cause he loves them. But look at this rocket thing!" she pointed to a catalogue picture. "I soooo want that. So...space penguins maybe?"

Talia: "Yeah, totally! We're gonna have like, a huge party! Probably in here," she looked around. "It's the biggest room in the whole school. And I dunno how warm it'll be yet by then."

Cessily: "Oh... yeah, that makes sense." Cessily smiled sheepishly at Kitty and ran a hand through her hair. "Space penguins! Yes! Like, they could sit in small spacecrafts, and wear spacesuits."

Lorna: "Hmm," Well, the vision of lightsabre weilding spacemen turned to space penguins was an interesting one but Lorna wasn't sure anyone else would appreciate it.

Kitty: "Space Penguins! I like that. We could really decorate this place out like the moon or something."

Talia: "We can get someone dressed as a penguin even...maybe with a space suit?" she opened another catalogue. "In here it says you can get people to dress up for a party for like...$175. That's not bad!"

Cessily: "I think we needs lots of animals. Animals are always cute." She beamed a big smile as an idea hit her. "Hey, what about costumes? Should people wear costumes? Or maybe at least someone should."

Talia: "But then..I dunno...maybe Johnny's not a spaceman..maybe he's a cowboy..." she turned to another catalogue.

Lorna: "Oh yeah, and we can hang little penguins in space suits like they're swimming. They could be pinatas too."

Cessily: "Pinatas are a must." Cessily nodded eagerly and put the book down. That was way more interesting than reading.

Talia: "Oooo pinatas! Yes!!" she thought a moment. "He's too young, but we could do it for him. And..OH Cessily! We can get real animals even! I saw something about a petting zoo..." she started flipping through catalogues.

Talia: "I wonder if Xavier would let us have animals..."

Cessily: "Really? We could?" Cessily couldn't suppress a small squeal. "We definitely need baby animals to pet. In fact, we should have them anyway. I think the school needs a petting zoo."

Lorna: "Oooh, petting zoo! I bet we could talk him into it. Or at least do it while he was sleeping." Lorna grinned, slightly unnerved about how excited she was at the idea of baby parties. She wondered if babysitting Johnny with Bobby and their little talk then had given her biological clock a little nudge.

Talia: "That's way not a bad idea...like, what if someone wants to be a vetrinarean?" she flipped through another. She giggled a bit at Lorna. "Well, since he sleeps like, all the time, I don't think it'll be hard. What's with him always falling asleep anyway?"

Lorna: "I've always chalked it up to narcolepsy, old age, or he's really not sleeping and just watching us all."

Talia: "Watching us?" TJ quirked a brow. "Like....watching us watching us??"

Kitty: Kitty turned the catalogue she was holding around. Does he like Toy story? It's like, got spacepeople, penguins and cowboys!

Lorna: "I don't know. I doubt it's true. I just sort of amused myself with the thought." Lorna shrugged, looking upside down at the catalogue TJ had and cooing once in a while at something precious.

Cessily: "Uhm, I don't know..." Cessily gave them a sceptic look, then smiled again. "But I would volunteer to run a petting zoo at the school. That would be so cute. Hey, who knows if Johnny will be the only kid here? And besides, everyone loves baby animals."

Talia: "Toy Story? He never saw it yet...he only ever watches Happy Feet and sometimes the Baby Einstein," she smirked. "Oh really, Cessily? Got something to tell us?"

Kitty: "Cess?" She blinked.

Cessily: "Huh? Me?" She gave TJ and Kitty a puzzled look, then laughed and shook her head. "Nooo, I didn't mean me. It was a general question. You know I can't have kids. And besides, I'm way too young anyway. What I meant is that there are other couples at the school. So, who knows?"

Lorna: Lorna raised an eyebrow at that last bit. "What? Are we laying bets on that now?"

Talia: TJ shrugged. "Your not younger than me when I had him," she said.

Kitty: "Oh....yeah. Like for a long time, I honestly thought Angel was gonna end up totally preggers...but like, with Scott gone - well, maybe we can rent Toy Story, and see if he likes it?" she sipped her hot chocolate pointedly.

Cessily: "Yeah, that is true." Cessily gave TJ a smile. "But I don't think I'm mature enough to have a kid. I don't know if I ever will. Well, there's plenty of time. I don't want to have kids at such a young age." She bit her lips as it occurred to her that TJ might misunderstood that statement.

Lorna: "Yeah, we should rent Toy Story sometime." Lorna decided that was a much safer topic. "But he does seem really crazy about penguins so that should be a pretty good theme already."

Cessily: "Oh yes, I thought so, too." She looked over to Kitty. "But... maybe... there's no doubt we're going to find the others, and then Angel and Scott... well, at least Angel is back at the school again."

Talia: "Well...if I had the choice, I woulda waited," she said. "But like, I didn't, and I don't regret it. It's still hard."

Talia: She took a breath and smiled. "We'll have to get Toy
Story. I bet he'd like it alot, especially if it's got penguins in it." A thought came to her, and she went through another cataloue. "HEY! This petting zoo has a penguin!"

Cessily: "Yeah, I bet. So much responsibility. I don't know how you manage all that, TJ." Tilting her hand, she tried to put on an encouraging smile. "I think that's very admirable."

Kitty: "Babies are hard things. Mom told me alll the time - but like, she managed to be able to do stuff she liked doing, too. Baby sitters are like, God's gift to parents."

Cessily: "Oooh, really? They have penguins in petting zoos? Don't they like to bite or something?"

Talia: "Thanks...I got Remy to help though too," she smiled at what Kitty said. "And you guys too. You guys really help when you babysit."

Talia: "They bite? I never saw one bite..."

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "Oh yes, I bet they are, Kit. And TJ just has to remember that she has a whole school full of them."

Cessily: "Ah, you're welcome."

Lorna: Lorna kept her face even as TJ mentioned babysitting. She hoped that Johnny hadn't demonstrated his new word just yet. "Heh, my dad likes to regale me with tales of my babyhood. He threatened to tell Bobby about the time I got stuck in the spaghetti pot."

Kitty: "I like penguins. they always looked so dressed up. But how much is it to ask them to come out here, and like, do we really want strangers to come knocking at the door?" Kitty asked TJ

Talia: "Well...money's not really a problem," TJ said. "And it's his first, so it's gotta be real good. I guess we do gotta worry about strangers though." She frowned.

Cessily: "Yes, I think they can." Cessily shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I remember a show about penguins and they said that they can get uncomfortable. That was a while ago, though. At the moment they only seem to have documentaries about sharks. Reminds me of the dinosaur craze a few years ago,"

Talia: "Wait..you got stuck in a spaghetti pot?"

Kitty: "Spaghetti pot? Like, how'd you do that?"

Lorna: "Yeah, dad was cleaning out Grandma's cabinets for her and I guess I crawled over to try to help and ended up in a pot. He has pictures of it."

Cessily: "Oooh, there are pictures?" Cessily smirked. "Intriguing."

Talia: Talia laughed. "But...so you got in, but couldn't get out??"

Kitty: "Ooooh. I wanna see."

Lorna: Lorna laughed, glad that those pictures were safely in Reno at the moment. "I'll have him scan it sometime."

Talia: "Ohhh I'm so telling Bobby!"

Lorna: Lorna grinned and flipped to the next page in a catalogue. "Yeah, I had to tell dad that he wouldn't be nearly as scary as he wanted to be if he brought out too many pictures."

Kitty: "I just bet." Kitty picked up another catalogue.

Talia: "Well, your lucky. My mom has like, all her pics of me hanging on our walls," she flipped another page. "So anyone who comes over gets to see the time I played naked super hero, or whatever else.."

Cessily: "Hm, I still think someone in costume would be sweet, too."

Lorna: "I'm sure we could find penguin costumes too. Or make some."

Talia: "We're definately getting a costume person. And I was thinking like...a pony too. But I dunno, cause horses are SO mean."

Kitty: "Well - horses are big - but ponies are cute and small."

Cessily: "They are?" She blinked at TJ. "Well, I know of full grown horses, but ponies are small and cute. Maybe.... a baby pony?"

Talia: "Horses are so mean! They are to me," she said. "They hate me. I don't want some asshole horse biting Johnny."

Cessily: "Yeah, maybe we should stick with bunnies. And lambs, of course."

Lorna: "Yeah, lambs are cute. Everyone likes lambs."

Talia: "Awwww! Lambs!!" Her eyes lit up. "OH! Easter's coming too!!! We should get him a bunny!"

Cessily: "Yes, I'm thinking of lambs with bows and bells around their necks. And there could be food for Johnny give them. Wouldn't that be adorable? Just think of the pictures I could take."

Kitty: Kitty snorted. "Riiight. And like, he's going to care for it? You and Remy are going to be doing the caring of the rabbit, rather than Johnny. I know how hard it is to have a pet - I've got Lockheed - and he's enough for me! But a plushie bunny would be nice for him."

Talia: "Well...we'll take care of it til he's old enough.." TJ shrugged. "I just wanna make sure he's happy and gets all the things everyone gets, you know?"

Lorna: "You think the petting zoo would have fainting goats? Those would be awesome."

Cessily: "Plushie animals are always good. We need plenty of them. Oh, and of course I'll bring Mr. Wrinkles to the party."

Lorna: "Aww, that would be awesome, everyone bring a stuffed animal to party with Johnny and Mr. Elephant."

Cessily: "Oh, yes! Fainting goats." Cessily giggled. "I saw them on TV once. They are just too cute."

Kitty: "We could have a plushie tea party kind of thing - we all bring a "Friend", Johnny can totally bring Mr. Elephant."

Talia: "Fainting goats? I never heard of those.." she wrinkled her nose a bit. "And...I dunno about a tea party. That's pretty girly, and Johnny's a boy."

Kitty: "Well - like, not a tea party - but - there won't be any kids his age to play with..."

Cessily: "Yeah, that's true. And it's a bit sad. It would be so nice if he had some kids his age to play with."

Lorna: "Yeah, maybe not a tea party. Maybe we could make it like a zoo and he can be the zoo keeper."

Talia: She frowned. "Yeah...well, we're gonna invite Duncan. And maybe Tessa's neice too...but they live in other countries, and I dunno if they could come," she sighed. "Besides, he's such a jerk to other kids..."

Lorna: "Aww." Lorna couldn't help but pout. "I'm sure he's just not used to it."

Cessily: "But he's so a nice boy all the time." Cessily frowned. "Do you think that could be because he's not used to other kids? Maybe he'll get along with others after being together with them for a while. It would be sweet if Duncan and Tessa's little niece could come."

Lorna: Lorna flipped to a page that was a kiddie castle display. "Oh my God how cute!" Lorna cleared her throat a bit sheepishly after recovering from the moment of squeeing.

Talia: "Maybe...we're gonna do some Mommy and Me programs soon," she leaned over, looking at the Castle. "OH MY GOD! That's so cute!! OH MY GOD! We can do a Prince Johnny party!"

Cessily: Cessily giggled and joined the squeeing as she leaned over to look at the picture. "Yes, we should get this. And Johnny would so get a little crown."

Kitty: "Awww! I agree1 That's like, totally perfect!"

Talia: "Oh totally!" she giggled. "He's already a total prince. And we're his lowly servants..."

Kitty: "No.....that' makes you the queen!"

Lorna: "Yeah, it'll be so adorable." Lorna marked the page for TJ. "And you are so the Queen Mother."

Talia: "I dunno how many Queens have to wait on their Prince's all the time.."

Kitty: "I'm sure they couldn't do it anyway - at least not as good as you." Kitty got up, stretching a bit. "I'm gonna go check on my soup."

Talia: She took some post its out, sticking them on the pages with the things she was thinking about on them. "I'm gonna talk to Remy and see what he likes too...you guys are really good at this though."

Cessily: "You're making soup?" Cessily's eyes lit up. "What kind of soup?"

Kitty: "chicken noodle!"

Cessily: "No problem, really. You can ask us anytime, TJ." She gave her smile. "We like to help."

Lorna: "Hope he likes it. It'll be so cute." Lorna got up and stretched. "Mmm, that sounds nice. Maybe I should go find something to munch on before homework."

Kitty: "I can get toast and chicken noodle soup ready for everyone." Kitty called as she left the room.

Cessily: Her head turned quickly to look at Kitty, putting on her puppy eyes. "Oooh, do you think that there's enough to spare some for me?"

Cessily: "Awesome!" She jumped to her feet, grabbed her book and mug and followed Kitty. "Wait, I'll help you."

Talia: "Chicken noodle? Um...I gotta head upstairs, but thanks," she smiled at Kitty. She stood up, gatthering her things in her arms. "See you guys later!:

Lorna: "Yeah, I'll help too. See you later TJ!"
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

this is cute - the girls should have fun gathering all this stuff up :)

however as a side note I personally am driven NUTS by these big expensive parties that people are throwing for their kids nowadays - its just crazy.
(Rant rant)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:LOL Very cute!