01/01 Instance: The Replacements

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

01/01 Instance: The Replacements

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current.

Rahne: Rahne sniffed at the door just to check, yeah it only smelt like one person lived in this room, and that was Kitty ... so this must be where Cess lived too, though she had no idea if the girl was in or not.

Rahne: She still found it disconcerting how she had no scent, whenever she saw her the wolf part of her mind kept in insiting that there was no one there ... creepy ... well she could hear someone moving around in there ... but no scent soooo .... she knocked.

Cessily: Cessily looked up at the knock on her door. "Come in. It's open." She sat cross-legged on her bed, one of her shirts in her lap and a basket with laundry right next to her. Quickly folding the shirt she held in hand, she put it onto the stack with already folded clothes.

Rahne: Well ... now or never right? Rahne pushed open the door and shuffled into the room. "Ummm ... hey ..."

Cessily: "Oh, hey Rahne." Cessily paused for a second. Rahne was one of the people she didn't actually expect to show up in her room, because she hadn't really shown a great desire to hang out with her the last time they met. "Uhm... what can I do for you? How are you?"

Rahne: Rahne shifted her weight from one foot to the other, looking down at her own feet and staying just inside the doorway"Umm ... well I ... umm ... I jus' ... wanted t' ... 'pologise ... ferrrr tha o'errrr day ..."

Rahne: "I ... I .... shoul'nae .... shoul'nae .... .... ... shoul'nae ..." she looked up with unfocused eyes for a moment, before shaking her head like she was trying to clear it ... she hated it when she stalled like that "shoul'nae have said it."

Cessily: "Oh..." Cessily made a dumbfounded expression. Another surprise. She dropped the shirt she had just taken from the basket into her lap, then showed Rahne a small, awkward smile. "Well, thank you. And it's okay... I guess." After a moment, she pointed at the bed opposite of hers. "Do you want to sit for a moment, maybe?"

Rahne: Rahne looked at the bed for a moment before nodding and sitting down "Umm ... it is? Okay I mean? ... Vic said tha yerrrrr werrrre rrrreally 'set ..."

Rahne: It occured to her how that sounded and she quickly added "He dinnae put m' up t' it o' naethin'!"

Cessily: Cessily sighed and folded her hands in her lap. "I... wasn't exactly happy. That's true. It's... I can understand you and Vic, and that you want to be together again. I mean, he told me how strongly you felt for each other while you were gone. You two deserve to be happy. It's not that." She shrugged. "I just felt... left out, because of the way it happened."

Cessily: Cessily scratched her head, then moved her hand back to her lap. "I don't know how to explain it properly. You know, I got told that I've been dropped, and no one even asked me or talked to be beforehand. So I felt a little... worthless. Like having been replaced." Her gaze went downwards. "But I guess that's selfish of me. I knew that it was only a casual thing Vic and I had, and you two belong together."

Rahne: Rahne blinked at Cess "Yerrrr fel' like yerrrrr werrre bein' rrrreplaced?" That ... didn't make any sense ... Cess was sorta meant to be her replacement wasn't she?

Cessily: Cessily sighed and made an awkward gesture. "I know it sounds stupid, because Vic and I didn't have a real relationship." Was that really true? Or had they just not dared to call it by that name? "I... I feel now a little like having been a placeholder until the real thing shows up again. Though, no one knew that you would..." She sighed again and dropped her head. "I guess I say lots of stupid things..."

Rahne: "Yerrr talkin' t' tha queen o' sayin' stupid thin's ... includin' wha' I said t' yerrr ... an' ... I'm s'rrrry tha ... I made yerrr feel tha way ..."

Rahne: Rahne shrugged "I guess I was jelous ..."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled a bit. "And I think so was I. Living in open relationships apparently doesn't make one immune to it. Even though I try." She gave Rahne a small smile and a wink. "But as I said, it's okay. I don't mind you two being together as an exclusive couple. It was merely the way it happened that made me feel that way. Please don't think that I want to stand between you two."

Rahne: "S' ... yerrr don' min' tha Vic an' m' are t'gether now?"

Cessily: "No, not at all." Cessily's smile grew bigger. "I just felt a bit grumpy, but that's gone now. In fact, I'm happy for you two. Vic and Remy told me about you while you were gone. What a kind and nice person you are, and I really felt how much Vic missed you." She ran a hand through her hair. "I know that he loves you."

Rahne: Rahne smiled a little "Aye ... I love him t' ... tha's why it was harrrrd commin' back an' findin' tha everrrryone had moved on ..."

Rahne: She shook her head and shrugged "Bu' yerrr dinnae wanna herrrre 'bou' all tha' ... 's farrr as everrryone else is concerrrned tha's all in tha pas' prrrretty much aye?"

Cessily: "Yeah, I can guess how hard that must have been for you. You have been away for a while." Cessily showed her another smile. "They mostly told me about how you've been before Black Air. That we would have been great friends if we had met sooner. I know that Vic and you suffered... terrible things back there." She trailed off. "Sorry, I don't want to bring back bad memories."

Rahne: "Aye ... we prrrobably woul' ..." Rahne shrugged again "An' ... dinnae w'rrrry ... yerrr cannae brrrin' back wha' nae'errr goes 'way rrrigh'?" Rahne smiled ruefully at Cess.

Cessily: "Yes, you're probably right with that. I just didn't want to be insensitive. But really, it's very nice of you that you came here to apologize." Cessily leaned to the side. "So... I guess we can consider this to be settled, yes? I'd be happy if we could start again, after our first meeting was a little... unfortunate."

Rahne: "T' say tha least ... I'd like t' ... if yerrr woul'." Rahne shuffled a little on the bed, getting more comfortable now that it seemed she'd be here a while "S' ... umm ... were yerrrr borrrrn like tha?" She gestured at Cess' silvery skin.

Cessily: "You mean as a blob of metal? Oh no." Cessily laughed a little. "Well, except for the red hair. I always had that. It was normal hair back then, of course. It's metal now, as well. I suddenly changed into this form about two years ago and haven't changed since then. Though, I'm still getting used to it. How about you? I know you could change your shape before... that happened."

Rahne: Rahne shrugged "Aye ... I coul' ... i'm surrrre yerrrr've seen picturrres ... I can still turrrrn int' a wolf though, jus' cannae be human 'gain ... it's ... takin' s'me gettin' used t' still ..."

Cessily: Cessily tried to give her an encouraging smile. "Yeah, Kitty showed me pictures. We actually made a memory book after you vanished. But, if you still can shape shift, maybe you'll eventually be able to shift back to fully human again. Perhaps there's just something... blocking it? I don't know. I wouldn't give up hope."

Rahne: Rahne smiled "Aye ... than's ... bu' rrrigh' now i'm m'rrrre w'rrrried 'bou' if I coul' everrrrry be o' any use t' anyone 'gain o' if I'm gonna b' ... 'in carrrrre' ferrr tha rrrres' o' m' life ..." she drawled out that last bit like the expression left a bad taste in her mouth.

Cessily: "Why would you think something like that? I mean, you seem to be able to get by on your own pretty well. And you look much more healthy already."

Rahne: Rahne smiled sadly "This is ... only tha secon' time yerrr've seen m' rrrrigh'? I've ... got prrrroblem's .... m' temperrr ferrr one as yerrr can prrrrobably tell ... an' when yerrrr've got powerrrrs like m' tha's bad."

Rahne: "An' ... tha's o'errrr stuff t' bu' nae offense tha none o' yerrr buisness ..."

Cessily: Cessily nodded slowly. "Uhm, okay. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon. There are many people here who are troubled by their powers. Don't feel bad for needing help. That's what we're here for, no?" She shrugged. "I guess I know how you feel. Somewhat, at least. I rarely talk about it, but no longer being made of flesh and blood can scare you quite a bit at times."

Rahne: "It's nae m' powerrrrs tha arrrre tha prrroblem in tha case," Rahne shrugged and looked at Cess carefully "Yerrr ... made outta metal? Tottaly?"

Cessily: She nodded again. "Yes, through and through. It's actually liquid metal. You know, like that creepy dude from the Terminator movie." To demonstrate it, she turned her arm into a ball of liquid metal and back again. She laughed. "I swear I'm not evil, though. But don't ask my how I work or why I'm even able to live. I don't know either, and that's what makes it so scary, you know?"

Rahne: Rahne nodded "Aye ... s' ... can' yerrr ... eat an' stuff?"

Cessily: "Yup, and even like to do it. I'm quite fond of many different foods. Though, I don't really need to. Apparently my body just breaks down the stuff I eat. Turns it into dust." Cessily sighed. "I guess I do it because it feels like... a normal thing to do, yes?" She gave a sheepish smile ran a hand through her hair again. "That's probably true to most things I do."

Rahne: Rahne blinked at Cess "Wherrrrre d'se tha dust go?"

Cessily: Cessily laughed at the question. "How does the song go? Dust in the wind? Dr. McCoy said that because I break down the things I eat on a molecular level, it's mostly stuff like oxygen, water and carbon. My body can simply expel it, usually when I'm showering."

Rahne: Rahne scratched at her head "Oh ... s' d'es tha mean yerrr made tottally outta metal then?" She stiffled a yawn.

Cessily: "Yeah, that's true. That's why I can't change back." Cessily smiled and moved the basket and the stack of folded clothes out of the way so she could lie down on her side. "I know it's quite funky and kinda hard to understand. Believe me, I don't really understand it, too." She grinned and gestured at herself. "The upside of all this is that I'm probably forever going to look like a sixteen-year old."

Rahne: "On tha down side, prrrrobably means yerrrr gonna be I.D.ed ferrrr tha rrrrest o' yerrrr life .... s' how'd yerrrr family take it when yerrr manifested?"

Cessily: She grinned. "I don't know if many people would be concerned with my actual age when dealing with me. I found out that most people are happier when I leave quickly again, so they don't ask questions. Besides, my ID still shows my old photo, so I think it wouldn't do much good anyway." Cessily shrugged before going on. "To be honest, they didn't take it too well. They had no idea how to deal with it."

Cessily: "The only ones who really didn't mind at all were my grandparents. I lived at their place for a while before coming here." She paused. "That was after the rest of the family decided that it would be better for everyone involved if I left for someplace else."

Rahne: Rahne's ear's drooped a little "Aww ... man, tha's prrretty sucky, d' yerrrr still see 'em at all?"

Cessily: "Yeah, I visit them from time to time. But only for a a day or two. You know, our relationship is not really hostile or anything. I guess you could say that it's... distant, or cold." Cessily sighed. "They try to be polite, but I can feel that I make them all feel uncomfortable. I guess I'm the wayward child no one likes to talk about. How about you? Do you get along with your family?"

Rahne: "Tha black sheep?" Rahne chuckled, Cess didn't really fit the traditional view of a wayward kid, "Oh ... 'kay I guess ... 'ways g't on wit' m' da an' nana bes' ... mam always used t' be kinda ... distan' bu' we're 'lot closer now ... I thin' having Duncan was good ferrr herrrr ... she was way t' youn' when she had m'."

Cessily: "That's how I feel like, anyway." Cessily shrugged. "But that's nice to hear. I still hope for the same, that my family will learn to accept me. After all, it's not our choice." She propped her chin on her hand and smiled. "I shortly met Duncan when he visited the school a while back. He's really adorable."

Rahne: Rahne smiled "He is ... he's a wee scamp t' ... take yerrr eyes off him ferrr m'rre than five secon's an' he's off ... an' he's got such beautiful eyes, he's gonna be a rrrreal hearrrtbrrrreakerrr when he's olderrr ... bu' I guess he gets tha off Vic-" she stopped ... she hadn't wanted to bring Vic up with Cess ...

Cessily: Cessily noticed Rahne trailing off, so she gave her an encouraging smile and a small wink. "No doubt about that. Should he come to Xavier's later, I doubt the girls here will get any rest. I mean, they'll have to deal with both Duncan and Johnny then." She giggled. "If Johnny comes only a bit after Remy and Duncan after Vic, no one here will be save."

Rahne: Rahne smiled greatfully at Cess "Umm ... aye ... Johnny's s' cute 'rrready s' ... i'm surrre tha'll be a rrrigh' pairrr o' ladykillerrrrs."

Cessily: "Oh, definitely." Cessily returned Rahne's smile and sat up again. "So, now that you're out of the infirmary and all, are you already taking all your classes again? Or do you get some time off? Not that anyone really pays attention to the classes right now anyway, with all that's going on."

Rahne: Rahne shook her head "Nae ... i'm still nae quite all t'getherrrr 'gain up herrre," she tapped the side of her head, "plus it looks like I'd hafta rre-take two yearrrs ... i'm nae s' surrrre I'd like t' d' tha ... I sucked at school anyway ... tha only thin' I we'rrrn't failin' was arrrt." She smiled and shrugged.

Cessily: "Ah, I see. Well, there's nothing wrong with taking your time. And hey, the art classes are my favourites, too. And if you ever need help with anything, feel free to ask. I'm sure there are many people here who would like to help you. Kitty and I definitely would."

Rahne: "Than's ..." Rahne trailed off ... she was going to say something else but she'd forgotten what it was ....

Cessily: "You're welcome," Cessily said after a few seconds. She glanced at the stacks of clothes on her bed, then grinned at Rahne. "Hey, I'd say laundry shall wait. That do you say about cake? There's some in the fridge. Well, I hope there still is."

Rahne: Rahne smiled "I like cake ... bu' I cannae eat t' much 'forrre I starrrt t' feel sick."

Cessily: "No? Aww, that's sad. Well, maybe something else then?" Cessily stood up. "I think we still have some of Kitty's soup, for instance."

Rahne: "Wha' kinda soup is it?"

Cessily: "It's chicken soup. Kitty's really is delicious. You have to try it."

Rahne: "Mmmm ... chicken ... okay!"