01/01 Instance: Hell in key of D

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Before the instance “Trouble for Josh”.

Victor: Vic smirked as his fingers danced over the strings, one foot on the amp as the notes rippled almost too fast to be heard. The riff wasn't a hard one, but boy did it sound impressive. Nodding his head to the beat, he pulled off another round of finger-bending notes and then let the last one fade out.

Sean: Sean walked down the hall towards the music room as he heard the music wofting down the hall. Well seems Vic's already here

Sean: Sean opened the door and walked in, "Hey big guy...sounds good."

Cessily: Lost in thought, Cessily twirled the drumsticks between her fingers and leaned back in her chair. She smiled faintly as Vic finished playing and crossed her legs. "Hey, that's good." She gave Sean a quick wave as he walked in. "You practice a lot, do you?"

rachel: Rachel trudged into the music room with a frown, attempting to ignore the sinking feeling in her chest. "Hey," she muttered under her breath as she went about tuning and plugging in the bass.

Victor: Vic straightened as Sean came in, grinning at Cess. "Yeah, play every day if I can. An' cheers, Sean." He quirked an eyebrow at Rae - she didn't smell happy - and pulled the Fender off. "Yo Rae."

Cessily: "Hey, Rae!" Cessily smiled and waved at her, too. She didn't look too happy, but Cessily decided to not ask her about it in front of all the people. "Yeah, I try to play every day, too. Well, other instruments but the drums, that is." She made a drumming motion in the air with the sticks. "But I'm learning. Dani is helping me."

Sean: Sean was reminded of somethin, "Oh Cess by the way...here's the program I made up for ye.”

Sean: Sean handed her a CD from his bag, "Took a while there but made ye a nice tutorial from Murph's notes." Sean noticed Rachel's demeanor...same demeanor he's seen on Josh's face for a while.

Sean: "So I'm glad ye all came...this is an open forum so I guess I'll field any questions or concerns ye may have."

rachel: How long will this take was the question that came to mind, but she resisted the urge to ask despite the fact she didn't really want to be around anyone. Plus, this room wasn't helping. Rachel shoved the lump in her throat down. Don't think about it, and you'll be okay. Too bad that was easier said than done.

rachel: She strummed a few notes to make sure the bass was in tune, "So...you said you had costumes or whatever?"

Victor: Vic's eyes strayed to the rucksack he'd tossed into the corner after giving Sean's idea of a 'Carnel Lion' some thought. "Yeah. Bought some song a' mine as well, jus' in case." He smirked slightly, leaning back against the wall with a hnad on his guitar.

Sean: Sean wondered to himself which query to respond to first. He decided to answer Rachel first, " Aye lass...I've got some mockups for the outfits...now keep in mind these are preliminaries so I welcome any feedback ye may have." Sean reached into his messenger bag and pulled out a portfolio. He undid the string on the portfolio and pulled out some boards. "Well I guess I'll start with ye Cess," Sean said as he pulled the cover off a card to reveal a silver vinyl domme outfit...tall silver stilleto boots and a black leather hair tie with silver spikes," So?"

Cessily: "Thanks. I'll listen to it later with Dani, when I find some more time." Cessily took the CD from him, then raised her eyebrows at the picture. "Uhm, that's going to be my costume? Looks... interesting. Not really my personal style, I have to say." She dared a small smile. "I don't know, but shouldn't I first try to learn to properly play my instrument before concerning myself with looks?"

Cessily: "And I'm not sure about those boots either. Wouldn't it be terribly hard to play the drums in high heels? When I practised with Dani, I found that it was easier for me without any footwear at all." She chuckled. "Keep in mind that I'm a shape shifter."

Sean: Sean looked at the card, "Bloody hell the idiot screwed it up...those are Rae's boots and they are supposed to be black with white...so I assume Rae's has no shoes," Sean said sarcastically as he rummaged through the bag and pulled out another card, "Yep just what I thought Rae has no shoes...but anyways take a look." Rachel's costume consisted of black leather pants with a black and white checkered Dorothy-esque skirt over it, a black leather and cloth corset top which looked also Dorothy-esque and black leather fingerless gloves with metal studded knuckles.

Victor: Vic raised an eyebrow at the costumes, finger tapping on the guitar as he watched Rae's and Cess' face. Heh. "Judgin' from tha', mine gonna just be a thong or do I get stilletos too?"
rachel: Rachel looked over the costume and raised an eyebrow. Not bad. She could deal with the colors and such, but... "I don't do skirts or heels."

Sean: "That's why I added the leather pants...but ye are supposed to be Dorothy...but I welcome any suggestions ye may have...and the thought of ye in a thong a stillettos Vic...::Shudder::." Sean pulled out another card to reveal a set of brown leather shoulder guards with gold metal roaring lion heads on them which were joined with several spiked gold chains, brown leather pants with rips so Vic's fur could poke through and brown combat boots.

Sean: "So?"

Cessily: Cessily eyed the sketches for the costumes again. "Nothing against costumes, and that's all nice... well, after some adjustments, but don't you guys think we should first try to focus on the actual music we want to play. I mean, that's what musicians do, make music. The outfits are secondary, if you ask me." She shrugged. "Maybe we should first see if we're actually able to get something going."

Victor: Vic looked over the costume, raising his eyebrows slightly. "Not bad. More black leather, though, an' a few other bits...." He smirked. "Well, me an' Rae've jammed a li'l, an' y' all know I can play. Ain' heard y' play yet, Sean, an' I know y'll make an awesome drummer, Cess."

Victor: He smiled at her, hoping she didn't feel so bad about everything. He tried not to think of her in the outfit, looking down at the guitar.

rachel: "So, lets go over some songs then..." She shrugged, running a hand through her hair and letting her gaze shift to the piano. Damnit. Don't think about him. "I forgot my notebook in my room, but I have some. Vic, you said you brought some, and I'm sure you have some stuff, Sean."

Victor: Vic nodded, leaning the guitar against the wall and picking up the rucksack, pulling out a notepad stuffed with sheets. "It's prob'ly messy, but I ain' had a chance t' have a band look at 'em so it's mostly jus' guitar an' vocals. Wouldn' mind havin' 'em beefed a li'l too though."

Sean: "Grand an I got a few scratches here n there I wouldn't mind feedback on," Sean said grabbing some sheets of music from his bag as well as his guitar.

Sean: "So how do we wanna start...power ballad or somethin a bit heavier?"

Cessily: "I'll try." Cessily gave Vic a small smile, then sighed and sat down behind the drum set, starting to play a random rhythm for warm up. "You guys just come up with something and I'll see if I can play along to it." She hoped this wouldn't take too long. Her mind was occupied with team training, and worrying about their missing friends. Music was not really of a primary concern for her at the moment.

Victor: Vic slung the strap over his shoulder again, fingers picking out a few notes to a Tarot song. "Y'll do fine, Cess." He smiled at her. He glanced at Sean. "Speakin' of which, oh leader, who's rythem and lead?" He picked out a slow riff.

rachel: Rachel slipped her hoodie off with a sigh, pulled her bass on, and adjusted the volume before picking at the strings, "You're doing fine, Cess." She really didn't feel like doing this right now. She just felt like curling up in her room, alone.

Sean: "Well Vic...I'd say we are both...well both...there will be plenty of solos to go around right?"

Sean: Sean slipped on his guitar and gave it a quick tune.

Sean: "So ballad or heavier?"

Victor: "Wait, what, both?" Vic frowned. Was this guy in a real band or was it just a pappet band? "Mate, one plays these notes," he did a complicated tune, "and the other plays these." He demonstrated a few chords. "Y' can' jus' say 'both'."

Cessily: Cessily frowned as she watched Sean and Vic, then glance over at Rae, who still didn't look any happier. She tried out a few beats, slowly getting more comfortable. "You know, I think I'll learn to play this eventually. Didn't seem that hard when I practised with Dani." She didn't say it, but suspected that it might have something to do with how her mind and body worked now.

Sean: "What I mean Vic is...depending on the song the lead will be whomever's skills do the song justice."

Vic: Vic sighed and rolled his eyes, picking at his strings and changing the tuning slightly. "Tha'ss gonna take us a long time t' work out each song then, mate, an' I never play th' same song the same twice." He cast a glance at Rae and then ran a hand through his hair, tying it up into a ponytail.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes at Sean and Vic, catching the glances from Vic and Cess. Great. This was just wonderful. She chewed on her lip, "I think we need to choose one lead. It's easier, and then we won't have to figure a ton of shit out..."

Sean: "Sounds fair enough...I'd say me but that comes off a bit narcissistic doncha think...but still I had envisioned meself as primary lead."

Cessily: "Hey, I'm not sure if any of you had something like this in mind, but maybe I could also play some things on the violin, or on the piano," Cessily chimed in, feeling some tension in the room. "You know, I actually learned to play these instruments and am really good at it." She shrugged. "It's just a suggestion, though."

Vic: Vic shrugged and smiled slightly. "Suit y'sel', Sean. Lead singin' an' guitarin' at th' same time's bloody difficult though." He looked at Cess, glad of the interruption. "That soun's like a plan, doll. Y' ever heard a' Nightwish? They use a lotta strings an' piano in their songs too."

rachel: She let out a breath at the mention of piano, pushing back any thoughts of Josh that came up. She glanced at Vic and wished her telepathy worked with him, or Cess too.

Sean: "Aye...I'd welcome a bit O violin and piano in some songs...an speakin of Nightwish...I got a song of theirs we could warm up with if ye'd like..."Wishmaster" sound good to anyone?"

Cessily: Cessily nodded. "Yes, I know them. They have some fantastic songs." She looked back at Sean. "Well, I know the song, but I don't know if I could actually play it. I mean, I never practised it before."

Sean: "Won't know till ye try lass...I beleive in ye...and so does the rest I'm sure," Sean said casting a glance towards Vic and Rae.

rachel: "I guess I can try to play it. Never really practiced it either, but whatever," she shrugged.
Vic: Vic nodded, picking out the first few chords. "Neither have I, but I listened t' it often enough." He pulled a face as he bummed one, shifting his fingers. "Or not."

Vic: He looked at Cess with a smile. "If y' wan', doll, why don' yeh mark th' beat an' then join in when ya feel like yeh can? Y'll be fine, Cess." Something occured to him. "Okay, so who's singin' the female par'?" He grinned at Sean.

Cessily: "Okay, that sounds like a good idea. Let me try to play a beat to it." Cessily tried to remember the song and listened to Vic playing, then joined in after a moment, trying to play a beat that would fit the music.

Sean: Sean gave a snide grin back towards Vic, "Well either of these ladies could volunteer or we could convert it to a male and have a 2 part harmony...afterall we're not a cover band."
Sean: Sean tuned up his guitar a bit before beginning to blaze out the riffs for the opening of the song.

rachel: Rachel listened for a moment before picking out the bass. She could sing, but was she going to in front of everyone? No.

Cessily: "I'd gladly refrain from singing," Cessily remarked with a small smile. "Although I can sing a bit, not having actual vocal chords doesn't help my singing voice."

Vic: "I'll sing Tarja's, I don' mind, but my voice is a....heh. Jus' a bit lower." Vic smirked. Anything so that they could actually get going. He followed Sean's opening riff with a few chords.
Sean: Sean was pleased to hear how quickly Vic could get the rhythm going, "That's good lad...keep it up," Sean continued to rip the chords as he finally began to sing the male part of the song.

Vic: Vic rolled his eyes, matching Sean's part perfectly and even throwing in a riff - in which he bummed a note for being a little overconfident. Grinned to himself, he concentrated on the chords and the singing.

rachel: Frown turning into a scowl, Rachel let out a string of curses as she missed a few notes. Damnit!! This fucking sucked. She let out a shuddering breath and swallowed the lump in her throat as she tried to get back on track.

Cessily: Cessily tried to keep up with the others, but she had only a vague idea of what she was was playing there. Luckily, the coordination between her various body-parts was not a problem for her, but playing something that actually sounded good was.

Cessily: She bit her lip and thought about how out of place this felt. She should be in the Danger Room and go through more security systems with Remy.

Sean: Sean grinned encouragingly at Cess and Rae, "Dun worry lasses yer gettin it," He continued to rip away on the chords as the song reached its climax.

Vic: Vic dropped a couple of chords and sighed. "Hey, hold it, guys." He stopped playing, hands over his strings. "Sorry, los' where I was." He looked over to Rae, who looked smelt and therefore was upset, and at Cess who was distracted at best. "I don' think we're gonna get much done t'day. It ain' an issue, we've never played t'gether before, but mebbe now ain' the best of times, hmm?" He sighed. He had hoped that this would

Vic: He had hoped that this would make a good distraction.

Cessily: Cessily put the drumsticks and sighed. "I'm sorry. I can't get into this at the moment." She fixed her eyes on the floor and sat back. "I guess there's just too much going on, and I don't have much time to practise right now. There are other things that are more important. Maybe it'll work later."

Sean: Sean saw the logic in this, "OK folks....good first effort but ye all are right...first priority is the missin students...we'll pick up once that's sorted out."

rachel: She stuffed the pick in her pocket and set about unplugging her bass. The sooner she was out of here the better. Too bad she had training though, but at least Cess and Kitty knew about everything with Josh. "Then, I guess I'll see you all later..." Hopefully not, though.

Vic: Vic frowned at Rae as she all but ran out. There was something wrong there, and he'd heard rumours of Josh. "Yeah." He let out a breath of air, flicking off his amp and unplugging the guitar. So much for a mood-breaker. He glanced at Sean. "How 'bout we pick this up after verythin's died down?"

Cessily: "See you in a bit, Rae." Cessily sent a wave after her, then stood up and packed her own bag. "Sounds good to me. Then I'll at least have some time to practise this." She wondered again if her piano and violin playing would suffer because of this. Maybe Dani would want to start playing the drums again.

Vic: Vic pulled his guitar off and picked up his bag, stuffing the songsheets back in. "Yeah....I'll catch y' all later." He slung the bag over a shoulder, easily carrying the guitar and amp back to his room.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Nice instance, guys. ;)

I adore Nightwish. And "Wishmaster" is an awesome song. I would pay money to hear Vic sing in Tarja's operatic style. Lol!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young